La Luchadora = ?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
During the SmackDown Women's Championship match between Alexa Bliss and Becky Lynch on SmackDown Live, a woman dressed in the "La Luchadora" gear that Becky wrestled under as part of the build for her eventual championship rematch showed up, provided a slight distraction and, when the ref wasn't looking, rammed Becky's head into the ring post that lead to Alexa retaining the title.

After a few moments, I immediately thought that the woman under the La Luchadora mask is none other than Mickie James. James recently signed a 3 year deal with WWE and, reportedly, is set to be part of the blue brand in January. I think it'd been a cool moment if she'd unmasked then & there because if it was James, I don't think WWE will be able to keep it secret for long.

I don't think that Mickie James will return as a heel. She'll most probably debut as a babyface.

So, I think that this wrestler La Luchadora could be Eva Marie. Just a guess. It's been a while since her suspension ended and she hasn't returned yet. Moreover, I think that Bliss could suit more with Marie instead of James.

Either way, I'm interested and that's a good thing.

I got a good look at what features you could see and it's not Mickie or Eva it could be Ember Moon from NXT of Naomi.

I'm pretty sure it's Mickie. She's got the beautiful big brown eyes of Mickie James and her features look nothing like Eva Marie. Plus, I can't see Eva returning in an angle like this; it doesn't make very much sense unless they're revamping her gimmick.

Compare:

c0ur1ucukaawfqk-1-221356.jpg

CzMgHIuUkAAUo5O.jpg

I posted this idea in 2015 and then again in 2016 here:

Eva Marie can be a great heel. I don't know about a champion but I like the idea of having a mask wrestler win the title and then have Eva Marie come out and pretend to be the woman in the mask. The mask wrestler can continue to defend the title with The Authority's support.

I'm not saying this is going to turn out to be Eva Marie. In fact I doubt it strongly. Eva Marie doesn't come off as one to play second fiddle to Alexa and that costume doesn't fit something she would wear.

But my points are the following:
1. Where are damn checks WWE for using my ideas?
2. This La Luchadora the Explorer character could turn out to be anyone. History tells us the it was Eric Bischoff playing the character last night but it will ultimately be revealed to be Bully Ray. The body type and small parts of the face you see are irrelevant. In the world of dirt sheets, focusing on women's wrestling, and Vince's whims WWE could reveal this to be anyone and we would have to accept it.

I'm hoping it is Anna Kendrick who is revealed to be Alexa's twin as I always expected.

I wouldn'T be surprise at all if it's tamina snuka under the mask. She been out from injury for a while now and was cleared to come back for a month now plus she's always was better as a bodyguard type performer anyway. Pairing her with Alexa Bliss would help Alexa just like it did With AJ Lee.

I applaud WWE for keeping this under wraps. It's entirely too easy for dirt sheets to leak information nowadays and I wouldn't be surprised if it's plastered all over the front page before we actually see the outcome of this angle. Unlike RAW, Smackdown has a good track record when it comes to storytelling, so I'm betting I won't be let down.

At this point, with Smackdown's thinning women's division, it wouldn't hurt to add more talent. Mickie is coming in but hopefully she doesn't side with Alexa here. Maybe La Luchadora is just a way for James to get a title opportunity and it's the perfect match to rival RAW's rumoured Wrestlemania Women's title match between Bayley and Charlotte.
I wouldn'T be surprise at all if it's tamina snuka under the mask.
As far as Tamina, I can't see them wasting a big angle on an enforcer role.

EDIT The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of Eva Marie and Alexa Bliss running roughshod over Smackdown's Womens division a la Beautiful People in TNA.

I applaud WWE for keeping this under wraps. It's entirely too easy for dirt sheets to leak information nowadays and I wouldn't be surprised if it's plastered all over the front page before we actually see the outcome of this angle. Unlike RAW, Smackdown has a good track record when it comes to storytelling, so I'm betting I won't be let down.

At this point, with Smackdown's thinning women's division, it wouldn't hurt to add more talent. Mickie is coming in but hopefully she doesn't side with Alexa here. Maybe La Luchadora is just a way for James to get a title opportunity and it's the perfect match to rival RAW's rumoured Wrestlemania Women's title match between Bayley and Charlotte.

As far as Tamina, I can't see them wasting a big angle on an enforcer role.

EDIT The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of Eva Marie and Alexa Bliss running roughshod over Smackdown's Womens division a la Beautiful People in TNA.

Yeah, Eva and Alexa teaming up.....I'm all for that. Would have amazing potential. They would get incredible heel heat, and whoever overcomes them would get over huge as a face.

Is it not quite clear that this is a black woman and not Mickie James or Eva Marie?

She doesn't look black to me, though I've heard others say that it's a black woman so maybe you're right. Looking at it closer, the person under the mask looks more Latin than black or white.

Hopefully they reveal who this person is on Tuesday so I can stop agonizing over her skin color. Oh the intrigue.

She doesn't look black to me, though I've heard others say that it's a black woman so maybe you're right. Looking at it closer, the person under the mask looks more Latin than black or white.

Hopefully they reveal who this person is on Tuesday so I can stop agonizing over her skin color. Oh the intrigue.

I said it on the LD thread when they showed a close up of her. It doesn't look like Mickie James at all, and thinking about it, it could really be anyone. They can have a different woman play La Luchadora each week until she is revealed.

While it might end up being Mickie James, Tamina or even Eva Marie, it could be anyone who is just standing around in the back till then. They didn't show up up close on screen for long.

At first I thought it was Mickie James. Now I think it's Eva Marie.

Eva Marie does make more sense. She is going to return eventually and would be perfect as a manager/sidekick to Alexa Bliss.

Mickie James can be a face.

As Kapu said though, I'm interested. That is the most important thing.

Well, I was 100% wrong on this. I guess I was looking at lighting too much. Teaches me a lesson.

She is according to the main page Deonna Purrazzo a wrestler who was in NXT for awhile. She doesn't have contract with the WWE, most are speculating that she is being used in this role until they finally decided to reveal who they want it to be.

As I said earlier on the thread, I thought it would be someone we've never heard of before. It will probably end up being Mickie James when the mask is finally taken off, but this girl is serving a purpose up till then. Considering that she can actually wrestle it might also be a way for her to get in the door at the WWE full time. Who knows if she will even play the part until the final reveal. Just like they did with the Bunny, didn't more than one wrestler don that costume?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back