• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kurt Angle suffers injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Ace

Championship Contender
Kurt Angle suffered a concussion during his Iron Man match against Samoa Joe at TNA’s Final Resolution pay-per-view last night. Angle was in a lot of pain throughout the match and spent several minutes on the ring apron before heading backstage. Once he was out of fans’ sight, he had several backstage staff members help him to the locker room. Angle told medical staff that he didn’t remember several parts of the match and praised Samoa Joe for carrying the match after he sustained the injury.

Despite the injury, Angle made an appearance on the syndicated NBC program iVilliage Live this morning. Angle was listed as a TNA wrestler as he took part in a cooking segment on the show. During the appearance, he confirmed that he suffered a concussion eight minutes into his match with Samoa Joe, noting that it was his first concussion in four years.

Angle plugged TNA, bringing up Samoa Joe’s name several times during the appearance. He stated that TNA was better than WWE because the wrestlers are more athletic.

Kurt Angle suffered a concussion during his Iron Man match against Samoa Joe at TNA’s Final Resolution pay-per-view last night. Angle was in a lot of pain throughout the match and spent several minutes on the ring apron before heading backstage. Once he was out of fans’ sight, he had several backstage staff members help him to the locker room. Angle told medical staff that he didn’t remember several parts of the match and praised Samoa Joe for carrying the match after he sustained the injury.

Despite the injury, Angle made an appearance on the syndicated NBC program iVilliage Live this morning. Angle was listed as a TNA wrestler as he took part in a cooking segment on the show. During the appearance, he confirmed that he suffered a concussion eight minutes into his match with Samoa Joe, noting that it was his first concussion in four years.

Angle plugged TNA, bringing up Samoa Joe’s name several times during the appearance. He stated that TNA was better than WWE because the wrestlers are more athletic.

It's nothing to really worry about. Bret Hart said that wrestlers usually get minor concussions all the time. That's actually what the main reason for Angle wearing the mouth piece is. He wears it to keep down concussions. He'll be alright.

I've had one concussion in my life and it does not lend itself to ANY sort of clear thought process. I felt like the world was spinning and my equilibrium was shot. The fact that he wrestled for 22 more minutes and they kept the fans rolling the whole time is a testament to how crazy the son of a b**ch is. If he had a concussion, I wouldn't have known if you guys hadn't have said something.

I've had a concussion before as well, I found I was on auto-pilot. The fact he was going on blind instinct is amazing and pretty much show's that he live's and breath's wrestling.

Wrestler wrestles with a concussion; he's awesome.
A hockey player does it; he's asking for a death wish.
Good for Kurt, wrestling with a concussion, maybe next time he wont be so lucky.

^He may not be so lucky. However, don't confuse it being awesome that he is risking his health and safety with it being amazing that he could actually continue and still wrestle a good match. Even if I am paying $30 a click for a PPV, I still wouldn't like to see a guy potentially die just so he can finish a match. No wrestling match is worth that, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back