Kong in the Nexus?

Big Ol' Buckta AIDS

Pre-Show Stalwart
So I just read the report about the WWE wanting to put a female "enforcer" in the Nexus. Given that no WWE Diva has a real intimidating physique, what do you guys think the chances are that they will debut Kong as the Female enforcer, and what do you guys think of the idea? I personally think It would be a mistake, but that's just me.

I thought the same thing. I like Kong, but I honestly can't see her fitting in with the Nexus. I really think the only role she could have would be like a Kane or Umaga of the Divas division.

I think it's a bad idea because I think Nexus should be ending, not adding new members.

I do like the idea of Kong coming in and being a bodyguard or enforcer for a male superstar. Like Chyna was with Triple H.

Maybe they could put her with someone like Dolph Ziggler or Cody Rhodes.

it would be stupid to have a woman in the group it woud make the ret of them look like a group of bitchs come on really all those men cant take care of their selfs they well need a woman to back them up if they are gonna do that then just put a end to nexus all together mabye give wade his own body guard like they did with triple h and chyna but she is more manly then wade barret is

i gotta agree with tuffy, i can't really see Kong fitting in with the likes of Punk and Nexus.
I see her picking up something with maybe "The Glamazon"
Hell i'd even say maybe tag her and mark henry and set them up for the tag titles after a few short months

Kong was the first person I thought of when I saw the story. They could play it off like her and CM Punk are old friends. I'm not sure if they were in ROH at the same time or not but whatever. I think she, as long as Nexus isn't turned into a joke, would work good. She could fued with Divas while in Nexus and she is big enough to go toe to toe with the guys while Nexus is fueding with other male wrestlers. She needs to be what Chyna was to HHH. Someone who can get in the and fight with the guys. If they are gonna have a female in Nexus she is the best fit IMO.

Yup the same thing came to my mind.

And yea.... I don't like it. I don't like the whole female enforcer in Nexus thing all together. I mean really Nexus is going after all the big guns Orten/ Cena. Do you really think creative is going to have Kong beat up those two guys. lol I don't think so.

If they do bring in a female member into Nexus and not label her an enforcer then Im all for it. I just don't see her being Kong. I would pick Maxine from NXT 3.

On one hand.. I do see this being comedy gold with Punk hiding behind Kong lol. But I really don't want them to book Punk/ Nexus as a comedy segment, at least not yet.

I don't think it will happen. Don't know how much of a good idea would it be either. What I do know is that somewhere in this site there was a link to a picture of Maxine wearing a Nexus T-shirt. I know, that might mean nothing, but it would make much more sense if they are to go with this idea.

Naw not the Nexus. Thats not a good look. Now i was chatting about this issue and someone mentioned teaming them up with LayCool, as their Enforcer. And with the LayCool/Wolfpac type rule, McTaker sending her in to do dirty work....only to turn on them at the end!! Sounded good to me. How about that idea instead.....Not to cut the head of the OP. Its all love!

I personally would absolutely hate it if they did that. Nexus is about a pack of young, dominant wolves making names for themselves whatever way possible and having a woman join and try and get in on there action would kindof ruin it for me. As someone else said the only girl i could possibly see would be a maxine type, a strong, fit and young looking lady. I'm opposed to the idea of Kong being in WWE at all and in nexus, I just don't want to imagine it.

First person I thought of was Naomi from Season 3. I wish they kept everyone in the group a former talent on NXT. Could be a good fit with her in the group but maybe not.

I really don't know much about Kong since I don't watch TNA all that much. I just don't think she has the right look for Nexus but I thought the same for Husky Harris. Should be interesting to see what they do with her whether she's in Nexus or not.

the nexus prides itself on being the most dominant faction in wwe history, it would be perfect for kong to join , all of you idiot nerds who think you can conrtol the way wwe storylines plan out go fuck yourself, just cause you dont agree with it doesnt mean it shouldnt happen, look at last year you all hbk to come back after his retirement match and it didnt happen and thus new stars have been established
ps, wade barret suits smackdown heaps and i love the idea of big show as a back up plan if taker isnt able to fight at mania

i got the feeling kong wont last long in the wwe, just think about any fomer tna wrestler who worked for vince, where are they now prolly back with tna or never heard from again.

I dont think Kong would fit in with Nexus, simply because she could take out more than half the WWE roster with out any kind of stable or backing. If she were to be thrown right into a group like that, there's no chance for her to shine in the new spotlight on the big stage. I believe it would totally take away from the steam she could have simply coming in and dominating the divas division until she "gets bored" with the lack of competition, and moves into dominating the mid card men.

i got the feeling kong wont last long in the wwe, just think about any fomer tna wrestler who worked for vince, where are they now prolly back with tna or never heard from again.

Well, R-Truth, Christian, Goldust and CM Punk have all worked for TNA. But IMO the only one who really was "made" there was R-Truth. Plus Low-ki is the only other one I can think have that was a big time player in TNA who then went to WWE. I'm sure they may be someone I have missed.

Well, R-Truth, Christian, Goldust and CM Punk have all worked for TNA. But IMO the only one who really was "made" there was R-Truth. Plus Low-ki is the only other one I can think have that was a big time player in TNA who then went to WWE. I'm sure they may be someone I have missed.

You did miss a guy or two, man, but I want to touch upon a thing or two first.

R-Truth had a solid run with WWE prior to going to TNA (K-Kwik). While it's true that he became a world champ with TNA, which supposedly "made" his career, it was during TNA's formative period when they had very little "real" star power to work with. Hardly anyone was watching TNA during this period.

Matt Morgan also worked in WWE prior to becoming a part of TNA.

Now I'll mention a couple successful TNA guys who failed miserably in WWE.

1. Chris Harris. Dude was half of TNA's most successful tagteam prior to coming to WWE as Braydon (can't remember his last name). The signing of Harris could very well be an all time top 10 bust.

2. Monty Brown. This guy was a HUGE part of TNA in their early years and his run with WWE was beyond pitiful.

3. Mickey James. She briefly worked in TNA prior to being hired by WWE as well. I don't know if she was successful at all, because I never actually watched her work with TNA, but I know she was there. For how long, I don't know.

4. Lance Hoyt/Vance Archer. One could make an argument that he was at least moderately successful in TNA. The tag team he was part of did get tv time regularly for quite some time, and they even had some nice arm candy (Christy Hemme...who was aslo a WWE discovery).

Gail Kim is another worker who appeared in TNA for quite a while, and while she hasn't become champion since her return to WWE, she does get a little tv time. That's all 99% of the divas really deserve to be completely honest.

I'm not really trying to nitpick anything you said. I just thought I'd mention these names in case you had forgotten about their TNA past, or simply didn't know they had a past with TNA.

Konk should DEF not be in with Nexus, unless she stayed completely out of the way during their matches and run-ins and all, interviews and backstage only and they would never leave it at jus that so just NO, much like in TNA she should just be a dominant force of nature against the "divas", really don't think they should mix her in with a guy or a group (such as Nexus) because eventually it will lead to a man/woman match and blah to that! (that being said Kong def could hang with the boys, anyone remember that dumbass that made fun of her boyfriend?.... yeah) and to Dizzle people who were in TNA and failed miserable in WWE? ...Mickey?.. Really? c'mon now... holding your divisions world belt... can't be considered a failure

So first off I like osborne79 He has the right idea... About The posters anyway.. Kong is a massive human being. I'm not talking for a woman or a man Just in general. The fact that people are saying Kong in Nexus would = Comedy segments are only half right. You can be a serious threat and still hide behind someone the size of kong. and there is no reason Kong could not splash Orton or Cena. Punk as leader = golden mic work, you have a group of guys who can really go in the ring in Nexus (with the exception of The "A Lister"David Otunga the guy has yet to impress beyond being capable behind a mic) which is great you have looks, skills, mic, and between Husky Harris looking somewhat like a lumberjack and Awesome Kong no doubt looking like Kane in a women's body you will get a good menacing factor going on and even if Cena gets a few laughs at their expense they can still turn around and beat the holy hell out of him. No matter what however, I can't wait to see them bring in Kong on TV I want to know what they will do with her lol

i think it would give her alot of credibility and would look good aswell, the only problem is that she would become very annoying very quikly

I can't see this working. why? How strong would it make Nexus if they had a female Enforcer? Yes I know, modern times equal rights and all that shit but I'm not bashing Kong I'm just saying that it will make Nexus look weak if they have to bring in a female enforcer even if the female we are talking about looks like she could dominate half the roster.

Also, I don't see why Nexus even needs a female in the group. it's not like they will end up with all the belts between them. and Nexus hasn't got any issue with any of the female wrestlers.

If they go with an angle that Nexus want to capture all the titles (Like Immortal) then Kong is the ideal choice, but I'd hate to see her not get the chance to work with Beth and Natalya if she is booked just like Chyna in the early years.

I think its a great idea she will be CM punks Chyna, follow him where ever he goes. Everyone says she wont fit but Chyna certainly fit in DX and ran with the big boys. Kong might have to change her look a little from TNA, also having a women involved with main event, semi-main event picture immediately boast women's division as well witch we all know needs any help it can get.

She would be the perfect addition to the stable!! Just what they will need! Who better than Kong?? Her size, she can take out guys aswell, it'll be just like Chyna in DX.. I want this to happen!!!

No. This goes against two beliefs I hold dear to my heart. OK, the last part is a lie but I do believe them.

1. There should not be a female member of Nexus. It is a "manly" stable (yes, even if it does have Justin Gabriel). They are one. In my opinion, a female member would ruin a united faction.

2. Women should not go up against men. As a member of Nexus, the female member (let's say Awesome Kong), Awesome Kong would have to fight men in some circumstances. If history has taught us anything, it's that inter-gender matches don't do anything for either wrestler. It makes the male look weak and the female a gimmick (there are very few exceptions to this rule).

Nexus need to look dominant. That is their thing. A female wrestler no matter how big they are don't look dominant next to WWE Superstars. Remember, Kong is only 5' 9''. Your average Superstar is comfortably over 6' tall.

This is a bad idea and I don't want it to happen for the sake of Kong herself, the Nexus and the angle as a whole.

I'm really on the fence about this. On one hand kong is big,intimadating and brutal almosta guarntee as a future divas champion, could be a great addition to nexus,if there "master plan" includes holding all the belts. Then on the other hand, having an all male stable then adding a women in it never goes good, i just dont see what she could add to nexus, besides invading the womens division. I know wwe wouldn't let kong join in on the beatdowns, becuase im sure USA has some agreement in their contract, no woman on man violence and vice versa. so it could be a good thing or a bad thing i'll just let it play out before i pass judgement

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back