Kid Kash Confirms His Release From TNA

Papa Pillman

I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Kid Kash(Davis Cash) who had been denying rumors and specualtion of his imminent departure from TNA that stemmed from him having been removed from the roster page on ImpactWrestling.com last week has now officially confirmed his status with the company on Twitter.

This morning Kash posted this tweet:

https://twitter.com/DavidKidKash

Kid Kash ‏@DavidKidKash

As of today I'm no Longer with TNA Wrestling. I'm available for all worldwide bookings. Contact me on twitter or @pwabookings for info

Kash has been an important player in TNA's history, especially in the X-division, but he never really established firm footing on the card since his last return to the company which saw him retained after a solid showing in 2011's Destination-X tournament.

I could never really get into the Kash/Gunner tag team. Also considering the diminished importance and airtime that has been given to the X-division coupled with the fact that the talent that is being used in the division is either much younger than Kash, more talented, or both, I don't see how Kash really fit in there either.

He is a solid vet, and didn't hurt the roster. He is also 43 years old and didn't offer anything that can't be easily replaced.

I'm sure he'll land on his feet and make some decent money doing indy events/Japanese tours until he is ready to "hang'em up".

Is there anybody out there who disagrees, or that is really gonna miss the guy?

I think he and Gunner should've been tagging more on TV, just to have another team around to do jobs and whatnot.

Other than that, will not miss Kash one bit. Nice finisher, that's about it. I really think they could've repackaged him into an MMA gimmick and moveset since he does it for real. But ah well, probably wouldn't have been that good anyway.

I'll miss Kash, or at the least the potential he had. I think he brought something unique to the X-division, a badass tough guy/bully heel in a division which generally has cocky/flamboyant heels. That tough-guy vet gimmick would have been great working against a pure babyface (we saw some of this in his feud with Sorensen). I think Kash could easily been on top of the X division last year, if not for the dominance of Austin Aries as heel champ (and the lack of credible face opponents). As it is, for whatever reason he hasn't really been used much lately, so I can't say this is a surprise.

while I do like kash and think that TNA have really failed to do anything creative with his character since his return to the company, It just seems pointless keeping him on the roster if they are not going to give him any air time. Kash would have been a great choice to have been a member of Aces and Eights, or at least a better choice then some of the guys they have in the group and not making him and Gunner a full time tag team was another mistake as they seemeed to work well together in the ring and with the shortage of tag teams in TNA at the moment, they would have made a welcome addition to the division.

while I do like kash and think that TNA have really failed to do anything creative with his character since his return to the company, It just seems pointless keeping him on the roster if they are not going to give him any air time. Kash would have been a great choice to have been a member of Aces and Eights, or at least a better choice then some of the guys they have in the group and not making him and Gunner a full time tag team was another mistake as they seemeed to work well together in the ring and with the shortage of tag teams in TNA at the moment, they would have made a welcome addition to the division.

I agree, Kid Kash would have been a great addition to Aces and Eights, he would have fitted in great with the group and could have been their ticket into the X-Division. I really do think they should have announced him as a member of the faction.

Also, the Kash/Gunner tag-team was a good idea, they worked well as a duo and again it was another strange move by TNA to completely ignore the team as the Tag-Team division isnt exactly the strongest right now

Another stiff bites the dust and another one gone...another one gone...another stiff bites the dust.

Kid Kash sucked on the mic and wasn't much better in the ring.

Good riddance.

I never have been a big fan of Kash, but I don't see why they didn't use he and Gunner as a tag team more. The tag division is weak, and could have used another team. I also like the idea posted of him being a member of Aces and Eights as he would have been their in to the X Division. That being said I won't really miss him because I never really got to see that much of him in the first place.

I have never been obsessed with Kash but I can't remember ever not liking him either. For a guy his age he brought a ton of both experience and a skill set that could still match some of the younger players in the division. What he can't do half as well as them is mic work, which has continued to screw him in TNA and back when he was a part of the WWE. He needed to be a part of a tag team or a faction (such as Aces and Eights) if he wanted to stay relevant and I'm not sure if that was a TNA problem or a Kash problem. I can't see him retiring just yet though, or at least I hope he doesn't. I'm sure there has to be a hole down in the indies that he could fill, what with his experience and toughness. He just needs a place where his wrestling ability means more than what he can do on the mic. Maybe even something along the lines of a mentor role whether that's in the ring or outside the ring who knows? He is certainly not the wrestler I like the most but even so, I would love to see him doing getting the recognition he deserves somewhere.

Eh, can't say I care one way or the other. Kash was really, for the most part, just another face floating around in the X Division and participated in matches generally when they needed a body to put someone else over.

Your average fan probably wouldn't even notice that the guy's gone. Even if the average fan did, they'd probably pay attention to it for a whole 10 seconds before never giving the guy another thought.

I was never a fan of him or Gunner as a team, but they could be useful as just a couple of guys out there to make up a tag team if nothing else. I don't think Aces & Eights would've benefitted from Kash being a member. The group is already comprised almost entirely of nobodies that lose nearly every time they wrestle, so I don't see him as having anything remotely relevant to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back