Kennedy:Not Ready?

H

hbk&triple h

Does anybody think he is ready to be wrestling?

Does he deserve a push?

He hasn't really shown much imporvement to me as of late and he is still green in the ring. He hasn't had that many solid matches. His mic skills haven't been that great lately and it makes me think if he will go somewhere. I had so much hope for him but my belief in him has decreased. Maybe he is just being stuck in bad feuds and is jobbing to Jeff which is making him look weak.

Your thoughts?

yes, i agree, when people started to say...give kennedy a push....i was like whhhhaat!! he's not in very good shape...he's distinctly average around the ring, i think he will be US/intercontinental champion at very best only because of his mic skills, which are good but nothing on say the rock or cena!

To be honest, I am not sure if he is ready or not. He has an amazing gimmick, I just wished he would be used more in a different way. Do I think he is ready for Main Event Status? Well when he won the Money In The Bank...I thought he was ready. But once he came back from injury my thought changed. I don't know why but I feel he would be an amazing Major Heel Superstar (Main Event Status) on smackdown!! Not on RAW. I don't know why I have this feeling, I just do. He should feud with Hardy for the title...win it...and then have a feud with Lashley (when he comes back and if he is a face)

He needs to have a MAJOR feud with Jeff Hardy tho. A serious feud that isn't in the main event. He should be the IC champ. And then after he is champ for a while, the best way to bring him back to the main event status is by letting him win the Royal Rumble, I want Flair to win lol, or by making him win the MITB match at WM!!

I would then make him MOVE away from the RAW show, as I feel he isn't needed there, and have him go to ECW or Sd! And have him win the title on one of those 2 shows. After a while, move him back to RAW where he can truly shine, after having practice on SD! and ECW...now that the talent can go on both shows.

Honestly; I think he's ready. The problem is, as someone said some where on this board, his confidences have taken shots. He was on the push of his life, and he got injured and then the Steroids thing backfired on him. I think he's still recovering from all that, and it'll only take time before we see him at the level we remember him at.

Kennedy needs to go back and fine tune the art of wrestling a lot. I have watched a bunch of his matches and the guy is dangerous in the ring. He botches moves almost as often as Sabu. His skills on the stick are amazing, I love hearing the guy cut a promo, but I cringe anytime I see him actually in the ring.

Hes never really impressed me in the ring. Id have him either go to OVW for a few weeks or be put in a feud with a veteran like Regal or Finlay. Feuding with them two and Booker did wonders for Bobby Lashley so maybe Regal and Finlay could help improve Kennedy as well.

I love Kennedy, I really do... but he's not ready, and this is important, to be on Raw.

If they would've continued his push on Smackdown and gotten him ready for a few months/year, he'd be great. As it stands, he has no place on Raw, and has been getting squashed every week.

It points out, though, that he isn't quite ready. Then again, those are the guys Vince likes to push, right? *cough* Lashley *cough*

I have to agree with the fact the he is ready to main event SMACKDOWN. Now that has a lot to do with the main event are just terrible. Henry Kahlihi and Batista. Even the Undertaker is not as good as he used to be due to age. I also believe he needs a finishing maneuver. I mean he has what the Hardy rip off Kenton Bomb. Heck he has the look why not bring back the Perfect Plex. Mic skills are great Not quite on par with the Rock but better than basically any this side of DX has done in ages.

after loosing the mony in the bank match {breef case} he has been left iin the shadows of some other wrestlelers hhh, hbk, mvp, kane may be he will be pushed in 2008 he is a good on the mic and he can wrestle so i dont see why he isent being pushed at the moment

I am a fan of Kennedy, but he isnt ready 4 a tittle push yet. His mic skills r of the highest standard and his in ring abillites arn't that bad, but he hasnt been in the business long enuff yet which really gets 2 me. Take kane 4 instance, he had a tittle run a few years ago and lasted, if im correct 1 day? Hes been around along time and face or heel the fans absolutly love the guy! (I for one wud like 2 c him have a tittle run)
But as 4 kennedy i think he is champion material but he needs a few more years at mid card b4 he can be considered 4 a title run

No he's not ready yet. He needs to become an Intercontnetal champ first and what he really is missing that will put him in the main event it to have a personal-feud with a big name and win that feud. HE NEEDS A PERSONAL FUED just liek Foley-Orton. That feud really bonified Orton. Kennedy is need of one. Then I dont see what he needs to else to become the big name of the company.

the problem with kennedy is he has had some bad luck to the extream. the reason you dont find him to be as appealing as he was on smackdown is because he was on this hot winning streak he was beating world champions left and right they were grooming him to become the champ then he went down with injury comes back and loses like 3 matchs straight to stupid ppl on raw like super crazy who is a jobber on heat (on a side note thats ******ed move him to ECW and let him fly) then have him get sqaushed by everyone and to top it off go from feuding with the undertaker (whom i swear to god if your in a match with the undertaker if it goes more than 5 minutes if its entertaining even if your squashed it will boost your cereer.) to feuding with jeff hardy who really is a main event star but is put in mid card by ppl because he is the I C champ and has not really had anyone to feud with at his callibur so really kennedy is being used at main event level its just not viewed that way honestly from where it stands currently hardy vs kennedy is the best way to go at least on raw better than him being jobbed to HHH or HBK. They just need to balance out the feud between him and hardy and stop making it look like he is hardys jobbing little bitch.

yes, i agree, when people started to say...give kennedy a push....i was like whhhhaat!! he's not in very good shape...he's distinctly average around the ring, i think he will be US/intercontinental champion at very best only because of his mic skills, which are good but nothing on say the rock or cena!

What are you talking about? Have you ever seen him on the mic. His skills are one of the top in the WWE. He already got a push, but it was stopped he got hurt and lost the MITB to Edge.

At this point, I think a lot of judgement has been clouded by how much he's been buried lately. If pushed as a legitimate threat, he'd be mega-over. As it stands, he looks utterly harmless... a far cry from the dominant heel who was making Taker bleed last year.

Point is, he wasn't ready for Raw. He was way over on Smackdown, and the Raw audience just didn't care about him. Plus, he was on the cusp of being able to turn face and be HUGE... which they squandered as soon as they moved him to Raw. He's a natural heel but, like The Rock, he has the charisma to be over as a monster face.

Bad luck, mishandling, burial... Kennedy was ready for stardom on Smackdown, but not Raw. Not yet, anyway.

I think if Kennedy got a good slow, steady push then he'd be a better champion down the road. I think he needs to be right where he is for now, in the spotlight but not on top. I'd like to see him become a little more comfortable and impressive in the ring, and establish himself as a respectable wrestler. Maybe after a few months of that, barring and injury or steroid problems, and he'll be ready. I just think a huge push right now seems rushed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back