• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kane + Gimmick change = World Title

RKO18

Celtic Warrior
I notice that there are a lot of Kane marks on this forum. Ill admit that I was from Oct 97-Night after KOTR 98. But when he lost the title and descended to the tag-team ranks he lost all main event credibility in my opinion. But he is a solid upper-mid carder. The mic-work is good and as repetitive as his match-style can be, its effective. He jobs a lot, but it is still somewhat significant to get a victory over him. He puts people over well in his current role.

I propose that he needs a gimmick change though. I don't know what tybe of gimmick you could give him exactly, but Im sure Kane has the range that Bradshaw had and Bradshaw made a great switch to JBL. And held a World Title for 8 or 9 months as well. Kane could do something similar. Im not saying he becomes like JBL's character, but he should be something completely different than his current gimmick.

I think that Kane has enough talent to pull off a gimmick change, and I think that a Worl Title would come shortly after.

Thoughts?

i really like kane i think he is a great wrestler especially against the best wrestler the undertaker i really think he need a change because i dont hink he is ghetting enough credit for what he has acomplished.
i think he needs a change n maybe go ta raw for new start..

I dont know that a complete gimmick overhaul like Bradshaw to JBL will work with Kane because of the history and backstory of his persona. However I think he definetly needs some sort of overhaul. Even just changing his tights design would be fresh. I really wish WWE would hire Jame Mitchell and bring him in as Kane's Manager and rekindle the monster within. Throw in a serious feud with someone and maybe even bring back the mask, even if for entrances only and Kane can be a legitimate contender.

I agree he needs something to freshen up his image, he could take on his Jacob Goodnight personal 'ala See No Evil', and carry that huge meat hook on a chain around with him. Now thats scary! He could have a breakdown (as he often does) and slowly turn into that character, it worked for Mick Foley and his many faces! I am sure it would work for Kane since its a character people are already familiar with.

This sounds terrible. Sorry, I just don't see Kane ever getting a new gimmick. He's kind of stuck in the gimmick he's had for like twelve years, the gimmick that's lost a lot of steam and interest. I don't see how they can say "well now he's not a monster, he's ______" or "now he's a bigger, redder, machinier machine." He's stuck in mediocrity.

They aren't going to change up Kane's gimmick at all. He's fine and dandy where he is, elevating the younger talent and being a transitional feud guy. His time to shine has come and gone. Now do not get me wrong, I love Kane, I am a huge mark and I even wrote a thread a while back as to why I think Kane is one of the best.

However since then, I've come to realize that while he is more than deserving of another title run, it ain't gonna happen. He doesn't need an overhaul and he doesn't need another world title run. Kane is now and forever on a top of the mid-card and a bottom of the main event guy. He is used to get others over and fill in and wrestle wherever needed.

Quite honestly I am sure he is happy with it too. Why not be? He is still doing what he loves, obviously Vince knows he is valuable as even though is not the star he once was, he is still has credibility with the fans, still draws and is still loyal. So I am sure he is more than happy just wrestling every week and not having to worry about the pressures of being the top dog, being the man that is the face of the company. He doesn't have to worry about politics or anything like that either.

So again while he does deserve another title win, there is not reason to actually give it to him, and there is no reason to overhaul him.

While I don't see it happening or being necesarry, they could always tweak his gimmick a bit to give him a short boost of energy. It probably woulnd't lead to a world title, but it could give him back a small degree of marketability. The thing is, he doesn't even really need it. He's one of them most reliable and consistent guys they have to count on. He may have lost a stepped in recent years, but he's still mostly mobile and still works well. He has good credibility and is over witht he fans still. Sounds like the perfect upper midcarder to me. If they feel they should, there shouldn't be a problem with giving him some attention with a slightly tweaked character. As long as they don't change him too much or he may lose some of the interest the fans have in him.

Like I said initially however, he just doesn't really need it. He's a perfect fit for feuds with up and comers. Keep him there until he's ready to call it a day, then contemplate whether or not to make a last couple dollars off of him.

It really isn't necessary at all. Kane is just fine where he is, elevating others and I believe he intends to continue doing that. He's been doing this gimmick for 13 years anyway, so he's not exactly the guy you can repackage. I mean, where he is right now is probably better than him being a champion, as he's got to prepare those young guys to rise to the occasion.

I think a gimmick change would be great for Kane! They should make him a dentist or something... Too sarcastic??? But really Kane doesn't need or want a world title he enjoys putting over younger talent and he's damn good at it. Kane is so over that a feud with him gives credibility to his opponent instantly. Sure a gimmick tweak might freshen him up a little bit and give him a world title reign, which would be great to see and give him even more credibility for when he goes back to jobbing for the young guns, but he really doesn't need it.

I don't think a gimmick change would work. He is at a point where he has jobbed so much he doesn't look like main event potential. He loses to almost everyone who is in the midcard. He is just another Matt Hardy in my books. Fat, boring, old, and is loved by the IWC. He lost all his chances after Edge got injured and they gave fucking Khali the title. It would have been better with Kane holding it. I used to like him, but he is so stale that I no longer care for what he does, be it a gimmick change or retirement.

This is one of the dumb, delusional ideas that seems to never ever die. No, he isn't and fucking never will be, so get over it. the only time he even came close was going to be in a short spot were the whole fucking roster was inured, and guy like Kahli was given the title.

No, Kane's not going to change his gimmick at this point in his career. There would be no point in a gimmick change. He's over, despite being a jobber to the stars. Kane could have become World Champion when Edge got injured in summer of 2007 but Kane didn't want to, he prefers to put over others. That's why we got stuck with Khali as champ for a while, AND why we won't see Kane as champion again. He did win the ECW title, but that's not a world title. Even if for some odd reason Kane DID go through a gimmick change, the fact of the matter is that he does not want to be world champion again, so he never will be.

I really don't see Kane as main-event, World Champion again. He is 42 years old. His time has come and gone. From his debut, through the summer of '98, I thought he was great. He was a REAL monster, nothing like he is now. In 2003, they gave him a bit of a push, turning him into a crazy man, setting good ol' JR on fire and what not. But that time has passed.

BUT, if the WWE felt the urge to put the strap on this guy, there are ways to make it look credible. He would need to go away for a while. Maybe Taker kills him again, he gets injured really badly, whatever, doesn't matter how. When he returns, he does it in a mysterious way. Lurking in the shadows, people getting attacked out of nowhere, we have no idea who is doing it, blah blah blah. And when he DOES return, revealing he is causing all of this chaos, he is wearing the mask. Putting the mask back on him would mean a lot.

But that's just a way to do it. Will they do anything like that with Kane today? At 42 years of age? No. He is no longer the monster. He has slowed down a good deal in the ring, and he isn't in the best shape of his life. His physique is not nearly as impressive as it once was, and that's ok. It shouldn't be, he's 42. I think he has a few years left of winning/losing in the mid card.

Kane isn't going to change his gimmick, and he doesn't need to. Kane's character is just fine. After all these years, I couldn't picture him as anything other than "the big red machine". Kane has one of WWE's best gimmicks if you ask me, and there's no way it should change. He's still popular, and with his current gimmick, he can get over as a heel or face.

Sure it would be cool to see him as a world champion, but it won't happen. Kane is up there in age, and he isn't what he used to be in the ring anyway.

I'll never understand how some people believe this guy is actually World Championship material. When has he ever proven himself to be a draw? And when has he ever put on big show main event caliber matches? The answer to both questions is ZERO.

I respect Kane and I think he's a decent enough wrestler, but he's not someone you can build a show around. He's big and scary looking, but what else does he have to offer? Nothing really. Like I said, he's not one to have great matches like The Undertaker, and he's not someone to really get a mainstream audience that interested in his matches to begin with. The guy's best used as a tool in the mid-card, elevating young guys getting prepared for the main event.

I was a huge kane fan. When I was 9 He was my fav wrestler. I am now 14 and have moved on to liking randy orton:worship:. I always used to think maybe next time...... not anymore. Kane is a jobber thats a fact. Even though I still like him I Know he wont get a tilte,gimmick change or not. I think his gimmick is fine the way it is. I dont think a change would give him a title shot.

LEGEND KILLER ALWAYS:the big blue monster:wtf:

Well i don't think Kane is going to get a gimmic change nor will he get another run with a title again. but if we were to have a gimmic change then i would prefer him to have that mask on. he was much scarier and much more of a "legit threat" with the mask on. maybe they can hav an angle where Kane disappears from smackdown for a month or so and then when he comes back we have the Kane of old. worked for the Undertaker big time when he made the change from the American badass to the Phenom again. i like Kane.... i just hope they use him a little better and maybe give him just one more title run even if it is a short 1 before he retires.

no kane doesn't need a gimmick change. all he needs is a feud, something fresh should b in the feud that ppl would start to care about instead of jobbing to others.

I don't think he needs a gimic change as much as he needs a change in attitude. He needs to return to the destroyer he was when he first came on wwe tv. Have him go on a little losing streak like mvp but not for as long, with that he gets pissed and disappears for like 2 or 3 weeks then return and destroy everyone he lost to then have him set his sights on guys like edge and jericho. Attacking faces and heels like he used to.

I sure hope they don't change Kane's gimmick. Even when he turned heel not that long ago while stalking Kelly Kelly, etc. I can't tell you how many soccer moms and chicks had signs just going nuts for Kane. He was fighting a face at one of the house shows I was at. Truth be told, I think it was someone still on the roster today, althought I just can't remember who it was. But he seems to have that appeal that he is LOVED no matter what (at least to his die hard fans). But I do think that the politico backstage does seem to be a bit savage, case in point on the ability of the same 4-5 people on each show who get the belts. I'm not saying that they don't deserve it, but there are equally as talented people too. Kane is SEVERELY underestimated in my opinion and shouldn't have to change his gimmick. Its again the creative with their ability to be easily influenced by higher authority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back