Justin LaBar and his wrestling knowledge

The_8000

Now we all know how LaBar is hated around here, hey just look at the comments on wrestlezone...
'Justin LaBar rapes children', 'Justin LaBar gets sodomised by brown bears', and 'Justin LaBar rapes the young bucks weekly'.
But, personality aside, what do you think of his latest article about Matt Hardy? He suggests that Matt isn't the 'Charlie Sheen' of wrestling. Even though he is..
Do you think Justin LaBar even deserves a place on CSR, if these rumours of bestiality are true? And even if they're not, do you think Justin understands the simplest concept of Wrestling. Thanks.

I may be the least qualified person to respond to this thread but I’m going to anyway. I almost never read any articles on the main page. I have seen Chair Shot Reality maybe three times ever. I can’t give any kind of real opinion on Justin LaBar. Even though I can’t give an opinion on LaBar I think I can give an opinion on why he is hated on the forum. Simple jealousy. Everyone wants their voice to be heard. It’s why we signed up here in the first place. People love to show off their knowledge and crave for others to agree with them. LaBar has a show where he can reach a larger audience than those who post on the forum. I’m sure a lot of people would gladly take what he has and if provided that opportunity those people would be hated just like LaBar is now. Let’s leave the guy alone. He obviously loves wrestling just like all of us. We shouldn’t begrudge him for being able to have fun with his hobby.

CSR is a show made by two guys- one of them Justin LaBar- who got some plywood together to build an anchor's desk, went out and bought a couple of $100 sportscoats, and learned how to use a video editor. It is not the CBS Evening News. He 'deserves' the spot simply because he made it for himself. There is no appointing authority that says "you get to be the guy who does CSR." If you had both the motivation and skill with words, you could be doing the same exact thing.

Justin LaBar knows how to write misleading headlines that cause people to click his links; he knows what kind of bait to offer people to get them to watch his webshow. He knows how to attract viewers, and in professional wrestling, that is ALL you need to know. I would say- coming from a person who once gave him a good long motherfucking for how he exploited the Randy Savage death for a few more clicks- that he has a much better grasp on the "simplest concept" of wrestling than you do, Original Poster.

For the record, I don't watch CSR, or, for that matter, much televised wrestling at all these days. I do know that the CSR guys have a much better platform for their views than most people on these boards, and professional wrestling is the art of self-promotion. I don't give a shit what's on the show, people are watching it, and that's what's important.

Frankly I don't know what all the hate for Labar is on this site.

I've watched probably every episode of CSR since Summerslam '09 and frankly even though I don't agree with what he says all the time its easy to see he's at the very least knowledgeable about the business and at the very least has an idea on what he is talking about. Like the Brain said, I think its pure jealousy on most, you people don't like Labar because he's got a weekly wrestling show on this website and you don't.

I'm not saying Labar knows everything, I even think there are posters on the forum that know more about the business than Labar does but frankly I've never understood the hate for him, he gives his honest opinion and quite frankly his opinion is often very accurate whether the people of this forum want to believe it or not.

In regards to his comments about Matt Hardy he is in fact 100% CORRECT. Matt Hardy is no where NEAR the Charlie Sheen of wrestling because Charlie Sheen was talented and was an A-List actor, Charlie Sheen was in many big movies (Platoon, Ferris Bueller's Day Off just to name a few) and had one of the highest rated Sitcoms in the last decade with 2 and a half men (awesome show by the way) which was Sheen's comeback, a comeback he took full advantage of. Hardy on the other hand was a mid-carder at best, FAR from an A-List talent, and completely squandered his big pushes whenever he got the chance (his feud with Edge and his feud with Jeff are 2 great examples). Hardy says we don't know the whole story when the truth is Hardy is a fuck up and he is using that as his scapegoat answer to make it look like he did nothing wrong. When it comes to their personal life their are definite similarities but when it comes to real talent in their professions Sheen blows Hardy out of the water.

All in all I think people got to lay off Labar, you don't have to agree with him but don't whine and complain and act like he knows nothing when he says something you disagree with. A debate is fine but whenever you trash Labar's personality because he says something you don't like makes you sound like a whiny bitch.

Meh. I don't care much for CSR because the views and opinions they provide are a dime a dozen and frankly they're not that important. But like Brain said, they're the masters of self-promotion, which while annoying me (i.e, every single misleading article they make), just shows they know how to keep their names buzzing.

They're just doing what most people in the industry do: Mediocre abilities + hard-work + self-promotion and manipulation = success!

First of all, I want to stress, that personally, I see nothing wrong with Justin LaBar's knowledge of the industry, honestly, the Matt Hardy not being Charlie Sheen opinion was the only gripe I had, and that's a pretty menial thing really. Honestly, I really like CSR. Why he even pulls the hate he does is beyond me, because, lets face it, every editorial on this site normally uses clever titles to draw readers in, as any journalistic website would.

that he has a much better grasp on the "simplest concept" of wrestling than you do, Original Poster.

And I would hope so too, if I, a casual wrestling fan, knew more then a wrestling savvy, he wouldn't know a lot at all. Certainly he seems to have a very good knowledge of the inside of the business, and as a watcher of CSR, he does seem very well acquainted with the subject of wrestling.

You also mentioned about how he and Josh Isenberg made the whole set for CSR from scratch. Hey, I never mentioned his work ethic and passion for what he loves, and in all fairness, if that's true, that shows how much he does love wrestling, so good for him.

What interests me most, is why he does draw so much hate? Do people think he doesn't know a lot about wrestling? Or is it just a John Cena scenario...a hatred that seemingly runs deep for no standout reason at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back