Jumping the gun slightly...

Davi323

semi-retired from WZ
Given that all but one of the 4th round matches is in total blowout mode, I think it's fairly safe to look at the matchups for the 5th round/match 1 of KOTR Finale.

WWE Region
1. Hulk Hogan vs. 3. John Cena

WCW Region
4. Lou Thesz vs. 11. CM Punk/2. Andre the Giant (only a 4 vote difference, this could still change by the time the polls close tonight)

ECW Region
1. Rock vs. 2. Sting

International Region
1. Undertaker vs. 2. Randy Savage

HOLY HELL. Those are some damn good matchups, and proof that despite a lot of the bitching, the seeding was pretty accurate overall. We have two 1 vs 2 matchups, a 1 vs a 3, and then the WCW region, which like most WCW booking decisions, was unpredictable...so WCW pretty much stayed true to form, lol

Sadly, this is the furthest Hogan has ever gone before. He should go further. Hell with no Austin, he looks like a shoe in to win it all.

Also think that Cena has a chance against Hogan. Hogan's win is not really set in stone.

Agreed completely.

The only matchup that I think could be a blowout is the Thesz vs. Punk/Andre, but only if Punk holds on to his narrow lead until the polls close tonight. If the matchup ends up being Thesz/Andre, in a standard match format, it will be extremely close just like the other matchups.

This is going to be a damn fun round to read the debates in.

This may have seemed highly unlikely at the start of the tournament, but I think that most probably the final will be Hogan/Thesz. That would be an amazing match.

Thesz vs Punk and Sting vs Rock are going to be squash matches.But rest of the matches are incredibly tough,specially hogan vs cena.I'd pay to see this match with both men in their prime.This is probably gonna be the most compelling match in the whole tourney.Savage vs Taker will be another match too look out for.these two matches will have superbly intense debates.

Neither will be squashes. Sting went over Rock last year and Punk disciples have come out very strong this year. He may win it all.

Last year sting edged rock and rock only hosted WM,this year he won the ME of WM.No way the PEOPLE would vote sting over.Well punk's upset run should and will end against thesz no matter what the stip is.I am a big punk fan but if anyone prefers him over thesz,they need to get their brains checked.

Last year sting edged rock and rock only hosted WM,this year he won the ME of WM.No way the PEOPLE would vote sting over.Well punk's upset run should and will end against thesz no matter what the stip is.I am a big punk fan but if anyone prefers him over thesz,they need to get their brains checked.

All of ONE singles match :wtf: and Cena had to carry his gassed ass after the match move into double figure minutes! Plus, he bumped your precious cult to third on the list... well, from a mainstream perspective, possibly even fourth after the diva's match. Asides from that, what'd he contribute? A tag team match that discredited two guys who had headlined PPVs mere months before and the occasional satellite feed.

While the Joker persona has split fans Sting has actually enhanced his company; carrying the Title Belt with integrity following the debacle of Victory Road (which occurred before last years WZT), working a well above expectation match with Hogan at BFG, lead a successful tour of England and put over the current IW Champion.

So, in the 12months from last years competition, the Rock has massaged his ego putting himself over while Sting has actually put the business over... and in person, no less!

Agreed completely.

The only matchup that I think could be a blowout is the Thesz vs. Punk/Andre, but only if Punk holds on to his narrow lead until the polls close tonight. If the matchup ends up being Thesz/Andre, in a standard match format, it will be extremely close just like the other matchups.

This is going to be a damn fun round to read the debates in.

Well it's going to be Thesz/Punk but just because it should be a blowout don't think for a second it will. I have my doubts that Punk will win, but he's got a lot of love on this site, and 2011 was his big year. He should have lost to Hart. He should have lost to Andre. But he didn't, and because of that, I can say with a bit of certainty that this one is going to be damn close and (like the last two Punk threads) we're going to have a very heated debate.

So they are standard one fall no gimmick matches? That being the case I can really see Cena or Hogan taking this one out. They are both known for rarely losing clean on the biggest occasions, and I think that will play well here. CM Punk aint a slouch though, and Thesz is a legend, the Stinger just wont go away...hmm this is a tough one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back