Josh Matthews Would Make a Fantastic Heel Manager

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
I think we can all agree that this Josh/JB feud that has resulted in endless on-air bickering between the two for the last number of weeks has worn thin. The good news there is that this is set to meet it's welcomed end next week when Team GOAT (I legitimately laughed at this, and the t-shirt — well done, Josh) takes on Team JB, presumably for control of the play-by-play call.

As stupid as this feud is, the best thing to come of it thus far appears to be the rise of a smarmy, easy-to-hate Matthews character that would arguably have tremendous value on screen, away from commentary. Especially as the mouthpiece for a tag team, or a singles performer who can't hang vocally. I'm trying to think who fits that bill, and I'm not quite there yet, but the more I think about it, the more I want to see JM stick around as an on-air heel character. Just think about the payoff of seeing him get knocked on his ass again some time in the future in the midst of a solid feud. The fans would eat it up. I know I would.

Looking at Impact's roster, I'm not really seeing a great fit with anyone in particular, but if the GFW/Impact "becoming one by the day" talk keeps up, there's likely a performer or tag team there who could use the rub.

Yea he's a lousy commentator but he's been shinning in these in-ring segments. I think he's doing great mic work.

He'd be a great heel manager. People would love to see him get beat up. As for his talent. I'd go with him having a stable. I'd go with Caleb Konley, Davey Richards, Angelina Love, Eli Drake, Tyrus, and Madison Rayne. Konley would be is X-Division guy, Madison and Angelina could go for the women's title. Plus they have history as the beautiful people. They could also be a tag team if TNA ever brings back the women's tag belts. Tyrus would be the enforce/bodyguard. Davey and Eli could go for the Grand Championship or the World title. Plus you have 4 guys so any 2 could be a tag team.

After watching the dreadful promo of KM, maybe Matthews should be his manager. Chris Adonis, Bram, Tyrus or even a heel Moose would be good options to me.

Since Josh Matthews is gone from commentary now, I won't mind him as a heel manager who could gain advantage from his heat.

He was just too annoying on commentary. So much that I had started watching with sound muted. No idea who could use Josh. Ethan Carter III certainly doesn't need him. Alberto is a face. Maybe Lashley but he's all good on his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back