JoMo's build up to glory?

roethlisberger78

Pre-Show Stalwart
Hey got to thinking after tonight's Raw and the loss in the title match for John Morrison.

Everyone has been asking what next and where does he go?

My question to you guys and what I could see going down is, do you guys see JoMo getting a built up like Jeff Hardy was.

Hardy was one everyone wanted to just get his chance and they teased it at many PPV's until it finally happened. Can you guys see JoMo going in the same path?

1. Will they use this same path for JoMo as they did with Hardy?

2. If so would this work to get JoMo way over as it did Hardy?

3. Who will be the champion that they use for JoMo to get this build up?

Once again I leave this all up to you guys start the talking lol

Hey got to thinking after tonight's Raw and the loss in the title match for John Morrison.

My question to you guys and what I could see going down is, do you guys see JoMo getting a built up like Jeff Hardy was.

Hardy was one everyone wanted to just get his chance and they teased it at many PPV's until it finally happened. Can you guys see JoMo going in the same path?

Once again I leave this all up to you guys start the talking lol

I'm not exactly sure what this path with Hardy was exactly... I have always had mixed feelings about Jeff Hardy so I haven't followed his career as closely as I have with other superstars.

To me JoMo is like Rob Van Dam. However I really hope the same mistakes the WWE made with RVD is not going to be made with JoMo. At this point in time I'm looking at JoMo and thinking, sometime this year JoMo will win the world title. I was hoping he would win from the Miz, but I can't be sure. JoMo is pretty over right now, he is an excellent wrestler. He sells moves and takes bumps and puts his opponents over. His future is still bright.

Edit: I wouldnt call Jeff Hardy glorious.

Morrison looked great in his match with the Miz this week. Like he is one superstar I know that looks just as good winning or losing because he always puts on a great show, I see a bright future ahead of him. While i'm not one to really follow people's career I can see him becoming champion in the near future, I think WWE thinks he needs time to work a little on his mic skill, and we all know he needs it, but if he can get that going for him even just a little I'm pretty sure the stars are the limit. Honestly I could see him going for the WHC after the draft (I think SD would be a little better for him since I think Alberto Del Rio is gunna win the title pretty soon, not that he's ready for it.)

It's only a matter of time before John Morrison wins the title. He is one of the most talented wrestlers in the business today. He keeps proving himself night after night and the match he fought against the Miz was no exception. That fight was better than most of the PPV matches the WWE schedules. As much as I like Randy Orton, we need someone new like Morrison in the picture. Mark my words, he'll win the Royal Rumble.

It's only a matter of time before John Morrison wins the title. He is one of the most talented wrestlers in the business today. He keeps proving himself night after night and the match he fought against the Miz was no exception. That fight was better than most of the PPV matches the WWE schedules. As much as I like Randy Orton, we need someone new like Morrison in the picture. Mark my words, he'll win the Royal Rumble.

I'm going to have to agree with this quote... I actually think that's why they had him use his title match on Raw... I'm sure they decided he'll win the rumble.

The match on Raw was likely a test to see if the two can put on a main event calibre match.

I think its a great possibility the JoMo is going to win the rumble, This match with The Miz was to see what kind of reaction he will get being in a WWE title match and see if fans approve and if he can handle the pressure I feel he passed both tests. I really don't see who else could be set up to win the Royal Rumble besides him, only other person I can see winning the Rumble besides JoMo is Triple H and that is to have Sheamus win the title before WM and have HHH vs. Sheamus for the main event so if it ain't JoMo or HHH I have no clue what route they are going. I don't think Cena will be ready by WM.

The op is exactly right, they are doing the same thing to jomo that they did for hardy. Hardy and hhh were the last 2 at survivor series a couple years ago. Then hardy got to face hhh to make him number 1 contender for ortons title at the royal rumble. hardy pulled off the upset and won. then he lost at the rumble. later that year, he won in a match involving edge and hhh. i think he pinned edge. look at jomo. he beats sheamus, thus looking credible. then gets the number 1 contender match against an established main eventer. (sheamus has 2 title reigns, "retired" hhh, and won kotr, he's established). then jomo lost his match against the miz. both were clean loses to their respective heels. orton beat hardy cleanly and miz beat jomo cleanly, kind of. so it may not have exactly been at the rumble, but it was still close to it. yes, they are doing the exact same thing to jomo that they did for hardy. they built the miz up nice and slow, and it is working for them atm. i say dont rush jomo. build him up, and when he wins, it will be a huge event.

I mentioned this in the other thread, JoMo is on the Hardy path of coming up short before finally winning the big one. The idea is the fans will get behind him and support him as he keeps just coming up short.

The op is exactly right, they are doing the same thing to jomo that they did for hardy. Hardy and hhh were the last 2 at survivor series a couple years ago. Then hardy got to face hhh to make him number 1 contender for ortons title at the royal rumble. hardy pulled off the upset and won. then he lost at the rumble. later that year, he won in a match involving edge and hhh. i think he pinned edge. look at jomo. he beats sheamus, thus looking credible. then gets the number 1 contender match against an established main eventer. (sheamus has 2 title reigns, "retired" hhh, and won kotr, he's established). then jomo lost his match against the miz. both were clean loses to their respective heels. orton beat hardy cleanly and miz beat jomo cleanly, kind of. so it may not have exactly been at the rumble, but it was still close to it. yes, they are doing the exact same thing to jomo that they did for hardy. they built the miz up nice and slow, and it is working for them atm. i say dont rush jomo. build him up, and when he wins, it will be a huge event.

I DONT understand what this Hardy thing is. Jeff Hardy was WELL established with numerous IC Titles and Tag Title runs. He had encounters with high profile wrestlers. There was that amazing Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker title match on RAW once.

JoMo is also established. He was the winner of Tough Enough 3, a show that will be revived later this year. He is a FIVE TIME Tag Team Champion, a THREE TIME Intercontinental Champion, and a ECW World Champion. He has established himself as a Fan Favorite. John Morrison is MORE established then Sheamus.

I don't think they're imitating the year of Hardy's title run. I hope to god they don't imitate it either. I hope Morrison wins the title in Spring 2011

I DONT understand what this Hardy thing is. Jeff Hardy was WELL established with numerous IC Titles and Tag Title runs. He had encounters with high profile wrestlers. There was that amazing Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker title match on RAW once.

JoMo is also established. He was the winner of Tough Enough 3, a show that will be revived later this year. He is a FIVE TIME Tag Team Champion, a THREE TIME Intercontinental Champion, and a ECW World Champion. He has established himself as a Fan Favorite. John Morrison is MORE established then Sheamus.

I don't think they're imitating the year of Hardy's title run. I hope to god they don't imitate it either. I hope Morrison wins the title in Spring 2011

I don't think the booking will take the exact same path but the concept of the "nearly man" is what they will have in common, so that the fans, by the time it happens, will be willing for JoMo to finally cross the finish line so to speak.

I'll preface this by saying I thought JoMo should have been given the belt about a year ago; before The Miz and probably before Sheamus.

But as much as I want him to win the title, think about this - you have The Miz, Randy Orton, Sheamus, CM Punk, Wade Barrett, probably John Cena and possibly Triple H. Do you really think that JoMo has a chance at winning the title at WM27 amongst that lot?

I sure as hell hope he does, coz I'm loving the WWE youth push. In fact if they give it to JoMo and Alberto Del Rio at Wrestlemania I'll mark out more than I did watching Savage win at WM4!! And after 35 years of watching wrestling I don't mark out too damn often anymore ha ha.

i will have to disagree on john morrison to win the heavyweight title in 2011. His match with miz rly shows his dedication and desire to impress wwe management. Most of the time jomo was dominating the match and taking high risk. His match impress me definitely. The question is, is the wwe impressed by jomo performance and see him as a main eventer?

Again if john morrison happens to have decent mic skill, he would have become champion by now. In addition, John Morrison is NOT OVER with the crowd. Coming out in his entrance and getting his decent big pop doesnt mean his over. In every of his promo, i never see him draw a face pop and have the crowd behind. Jeff hardy, for example, was rly decent with the mic but the crowd pops for him hugely.

Morrison to win the title is in a matter of time IF he improves his mic work. Otherwise to an extent, he would only be paper champion. I keep emphasizing the importance of mic work and it is true. Take a look at the Miz. Compare to morrison in terms of wrestling, the miz is nowhere near him but the miz is the champ. Because the miz can talk and draw reaction

They could, but it will be some time before JoMo is even realistically in the chasmpionship picture again. He likely will get a token shot at Elimination Chamber, but with Orton as No. 1 Contender, Miz will likely drop the title at the Rumble, leaving Morrison out in the cold. He'll have aq strong showing at Royal RUmble, and may even last til the final 5 or so. But that being said, Hardy was constantly around the title picture when he wann't suspended for Wellness Policy Violations. Morrison's best opportunity is to win Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania if they have that match, so I dont see his career path being a parrallel to Hardy's.

If this was done, sure it could. Did you hear the pop for Morrison as he came out tonight? It was absolutely tremendous. The more he would challenge if capable of soing so, the more the fans will rally around him and push for him to win the title. It just likely wont be against Miz.

Im going to say CM Punk. The two had a great series of matches on ECW, and that trend continued on Smackdown. However, despite them crossing paths numerous times, they've never had a real storyline feud. Thats been a shame honestly, because they work tremendously together. Adding MITB into the equation would make fo instant storyline success because of Punk's past history of MITB cash ins. Not only do I think he would be the best choice, I think he'll be champion by the time Morrison receves that consistent push. Unfortunately on the Road to Wrestlemania, that time isn't now.

Morrison is the best thing going in singles wrestling today, I think mcmg and gen. me are incredible too. Amazing moves, a great look, and likable. If he doesn't receive a title run, the WWE is nuts.

I agree with the sentiment that John Morrison has recently been quite impressive, especially that title match last night against the Miz. I would like to see more of them, next time in the main event, though. Wasn't that match opening Raw, the fighting on the ramp and A-Rye's interference nostalgic? Back to topic, I think JoMo could use a SLIGHT gimmick alteration and perhaps a change in music to make him more relatable and "poppable" or kids and adults alike.

I understand exactly where the OP is coming from. I actually have used Jeff Hardy's first world title reign as an example of people who (including me) want Christian to win the big one, as in if it ever does happen it would be a really quick transitional reign kind of like Vince saying to the fans "There I gave him the title happy? Now shut up".

However I do not think that is the case for Morrison. Most of us have been waiting for years for him to break through the glass ceiling and he is literally a finger tip away from it. He proved last night that he can indeed be champion and would be completely believable while doing it. I'm loving the slow build up for Morrison as well, the WWE just testing the waters to see how he hangs in the main event.

What would be awesome is them building him this entire year and winning the rumble NEXT year to win the title in a feel good moment at Mania. I see him as a slight possibility winning the rumble this year, but I don't think he has enough "star power" to gain that win just yet. Morrison's time will come, the WWE realizes what they have with him. Huge fans of his like me just have to be patient with it and I don't mind in the least.

As far as his mic skills, I have said this in about 5 different threads about Morrison's mic skills. THEY DON'T MATTER. I don't watch Morrison to talk I watch him to be amazing in the ring. Look at all the guys who were fantastic in the ring who weren't the best promo cutters that ended up being huge. Benoit, Mysterio, Van Dam, Jeff Hardy, etc. There are just some people that are so fun to watch in the ring you could give less of a damn about what they have to say. They speak through their in ring work. That's what people need to realize.

I agree with the sentiment that John Morrison has recently been quite impressive, especially that title match last night against the Miz. I would like to see more of them, next time in the main event, though. Wasn't that match opening Raw, the fighting on the ramp and A-Rye's interference nostalgic? Back to topic, I think JoMo could use a SLIGHT gimmick alteration and perhaps a change in music to make him more relatable and "poppable" or kids and adults alike.

I do see slight similarities in the management of JoMo's rise. Except I can't think of who could be JoMo's parallel to Undertaker's role in Jeff Hardy's career. Triple H, perhaps? In any case I absolutely think it could get him as over as with Jeff Hardy, and as a plus, Morrison is a better athelete, has a better attitude and is overall probably a better role-model than Hardy and would make the best ME face after Cena. (I don't mention Randy Orton, as WWE seems to want him to have a lane of his own in terms of heel/face as shown tonight... he may turn heel again). I think John Morrison would have a great program if he won the Royal Rumble and went to take on Edge at WrestleMania, though I don't know how likely that is given Edge's top face status on SmackDown, but I dislike face Edge. I do, however, think JoMo could use a SLIGHT gimmick alteration and perhaps a change in music to make him more relatable and "poppable" or kids and adults alike. This isn't necessarily a condition for success, but I think it will help to give more a song more excited or edgy. For example, remember John Cena's change from that Word Life song to his current song, or even Edge's music? It's a safe arguement that when a superstar the magnitude of someone with huge ME potential is or has made the jump, sometimes its necessary to switch the music up, as well as a modified gimmick.

I'm surprised haven't gotten what all this is leading...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know jomo will win the rumble...and main event mania.....I mean tough enough is right after mania....duh...miz vs morrison will happen at mania....I was thinking Randy would be apart of it....but rumors are that Jericho might come back....tough enough right after mania... Miz and Morrison were in tough enough...Morrison will win the title to give the show a boost and ratings

Believe it or not, I think WWE has the oppertunity to create the next "HBK" with JoMo. He has the moves, just needs to build his mic skills. I also think he needs to add one more finishing move to his repertoire.

And for Gods sake, please change his music.

The only thing I remember about Hardy's push is that Undertaker shook his hand after beating him up a few times, and he wasn't meant to I hear?

They need to show JoMo as more resilient and athletically outstanding, you could maybe turn him heel after his face experience dries up but he is getting nice reactions now *it will take a while for people to like you, for some a short while and for others a long while*.

I'd just like them to show of JoMo's wrestling, give him extremely high spots in some matches maybe and just show how athletically brilliant this guy this. Sure he isn't the next Jericho or CM Punk on the mic, but he's very unique in ring. JoMo needs a PPV spot that concentrates on him in a big fued to show if he's really the next WWE champion. He might get it at Royal Rumble, maybe even Wrestlemania but he will get it this year and when he does I don't think he'll disappoint.

That match on Raw last night was epic! I am going to the Rumble and was really looking forward to the Morrison/Miz match that I thought was going to happen after TLC. The fact that they gave it away for free last night instead of at the Rumble really dissapointed me.

With that being said, I really hope Morrison does NOT win the Royal Rumble. I think the best thing for him is to win MITB at Mania, and cash it in sometime in may or June. Maybe even do the "stand up" thing and announce when he's cashing it in, setting up a PPV main event. This years Mania would be rushed, keep his push slow with him coming closer and closer but not winning. Like some other people said, you're going to have to deal with waaay too many established main eventers at this years WrestleMania, WM 28 is the one where Morrison should be the headliner...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back