JoMo for the Straight Edge????

Spawn of Kane

Dark Match Winner
Wasn't sure if this belonged in the Raw or SD section...JoMo on Raw ...SES on SD...if it needs moving feel free
Now here me out on this...i know the title will have many of you looking and thinking...F**K OFF!!

Now we all know JoMo is stuck in a Rut on Raw, Pointless feud with Teddy Jr, and with a crowded main event...he's never going to be WWE Champ
So...Draft him to SD...Have him start cutting promo's...saying how he's seen How well Mercury has done since going straightedge...and how he feels his rock and roll lifestyle has been holding him back and has spent too much time and effort trying to impress everyone etc

1) It gets him away from a crowded ME on Raw...he's too good to be stuck in the clusterfuck of a midcard....and eventually being future endeavoured
2) Turns him heel again...we all know his best work comes from a heel JoMo
3) Gives the SES more credibility

Like i said...i know most of you will kill me for suggesting such a thing...but something has to be done with him........Soon!!!

First of all..... John Morrison's career is not in that must risk that his hair NEEDS to be shaved for a complete turn over. Because you do know if he joins SES he would have to cut his hair? Thats the first error in him joining.

Then how can he say he sees how much better Mercury has been doing when Mercury has done.... NOTHING! He ambushed people with SES how is that equivalent to accomplishing goals. Not only that nobody knew it was Mercury until last week dude. I won't totally bash but you do deserve it this is a horrible idea and I know somebody else will do it anyway.

Not even him moving to Smackdown right now would be a good idea he JUST moved to RAW it would look ******ed. Jomo needs a different direction but what your suggesting is ridiculous. Ironically you have a diss to Vince Russo's booking and your booking would be even worse.

I think this could possibly work, because as JoMo mentions in his DVD and in just everyday life. He, like Cm Punk lives life with no alcohol and drugs. Thus he wouldn't have to shave his head. So that will answer Liquids problems.

But, I must say that you have one problem in your idea. Mercury has achieved nothing. Morrison, if he does join Ses should say that he joined because of the sucess of Punk with the Ses backing him up and that he wanted to be apart of it.

So all though I think you will probably be hated on in this thread I myself do not think that your idea is that stupid.

Wasn't sure if this belonged in the Raw or SD section...JoMo on Raw ...SES on SD...if it needs moving feel free
Now here me out on this...i know the title will have many of you looking and thinking...F**K OFF!!
There not all that bad.

Now we all know JoMo is stuck in a Rut on Raw, Pointless feud with Teddy Jr,
Maybe a rut is true, but do you want to say that and point out he is in a feud thats getting air time also? PS I think giving 2 up and comers air time in a real feud is not that pointless.

and with a crowded main event...he's never going to be WWE Champ
Good. He does not deserve it at all right now, it would nice to see him get over first.

So...Draft him to SD...Have him start cutting promo's...saying how he's seen How well Mercury has done since going straightedge...and how he feels his rock and roll lifestyle has been holding him back and has spent too much time and effort trying to impress everyone etc
Not a horrible idea but now what if they go that route? He is ether Punks lackey? Or he sharing spotlight with Punk? Neither one seem to bright to have John Morisson break away as a singles star.

Wouldn't it be alot easier to give Luke Gallows and Joey Mercury the Tag Titles?

It sets up a feud with the Hart Dynasty which takes some time, Then Turn it into a drawn out Feud between Hart Dynasty and Jomo vs the SES

(Luke Gallows & Joey Mercury vs Tyson Kidd & David Hart Smith)

(John Morrison vs C M Punk , they have bad blood kayfabe)

(Natayla vs Serena)

Could be something that culminates at survior series and transitions into a John Morrison Heel turn and Joining of the SES if truly needed..

I definatly agree that with the revelation Joey Mercury is the Masked man, John morrison needs SOME sort of interaction with the straight edge society, theres to much history between CM Punk, Morrison, and Morrison and Mercury to competly ignore.

I didnt want to see jomo move to raw because it was overcrowded and I thought he would get lost in the shuffle. So far that hasnt happened tho so I dont see a reason to move him and revamp his entire character. How is his feud with ted pointless? Two of the bright young talents on raw are getting quality tv time every week for the next few months and you call it pointless? You are aware that its feuds like these that allow young guys to get over and to showcase their talents and prove they belong in the main event. Nothing about this feud is pointless if you want to see jomo succeed then its essential. Im all for anything that will get jomo over and eventually get him the main event and at the moment a quality feud w/ ted and maryse and maybe putting melina by his side again is exactly what he needs.

Now we all know JoMo is stuck in a Rut on Raw, Pointless feud with Teddy Jr, and with a crowded main event...he's never going to be WWE Champ

I don't think he is stuck in a rut. I'm actually starting to come round to him. His feud with Ted DiBiase is picking up. It is allegedly going to culminate at Night of Champions which means that it will get more interesting in the future. And at this moment in time, he doesn't need to be WWE Champion. What he needs to do is improve his all-round game (yes, that does mean better mic skills).

First, I don't know how he would be drafted to SmackDown, unless you're thinking about this happening next year. He was just moved from SD because he was considered accomplished enough to make the jump.

1) It gets him away from a crowded ME on Raw...he's too good to be stuck in the clusterfuck of a midcard....and eventually being future endeavoured

Yes, and he's too good to be stuck in what would be a crowded, five-man faction. I'll be honest, I don't know how you went from being stuck in the midcard to being future endeavoured. WWE know what they have in Morrison. A superb athlete who, if he can get over as a face, will sell them a shitload of merchandise and put on good matches. He will not be in danger of being future endeavoured.

I wouldn't disagree. He does seem to really work as a heel. But only a certain kind of heel. 'Straight edge' is about punk rock and tattoos. Not some pretty boy with his head shaved. Just because his Miz & Morrison heel character worked well, it's not to say him as any heel sort of heel would work.

How? Because it would have more people? More people would kill the SES. Or is it because they will have a big name? Someone who could potentially overshadow CM Punk.

I think this could possibly work, because as JoMo mentions in his DVD and in just everyday life. He, like Cm Punk lives life with no alcohol and drugs. Thus he wouldn't have to shave his head. So that will answer Liquids problems.

But if he already lives the staight edge lifestyle, he wouldn't have to join the SES and leave his 'rock & roll' ways. Also, if you're in the SES and you're not CM Punk, you would have to shave your head. Only the leader is not bald (even though he is at the moment).

You like read my mind right there.

The feud he has with Dibiase is destined to get somewhere, it's set to end at the Night of Champions pay-per-view. Now back on point, you think that since RAW has a roster that is too stacked that it will prevent Morrison from winning a world title on RAW, so to make up for this you would have him go back to SmackDown to join the Straight Edge Society and tag up with his old partner Joey Mercury? Well then that is even more pointless than what he is doing right now. Also it wouldn't benefit him in his quest for a world title, no in fact it would halt his singles career and Morrison would be once again floating around the tag team division.

The midcard on RAW is just fine and Morrison and Dibiase are keeping it relevant in their feud, what's so bad about that? Morrison is not a lost cause that WWE will just fire out of the blue, he's too talented to waste.

Morrison is pretty average when he is both heel and face. He can stay a face but he really just needs to work on his mic skills. That is what has been affecting him his whole career and he even had this issue when he was a heel.

Not really, Morrison wouldn't be much of an addition and I thought CM Punk gave that faction enough credibility on his own.

Like i said...i know most of you will kill me for suggesting such a thing...but something has to be done with him........Soon!!!
Morrison is doing just fine right now and don't worry just because he is in RAW's midcard does not mean WWE will fire him.

But if he already lives the staight edge lifestyle, he wouldn't have to join the SES and leave his 'rock & roll' ways. Also, if you're in the SES and you're not CM Punk, you would have to shave your head. Only the leader is not bald (even though he is at the moment).

Lol ^^^ thank you for correcting his statement. I'm not gay but the guy has very long hair and to shave it would make his character look like a generic SES member. And for Morrison's character that IMO is a bad idea. And for Ph3nomonal to think Morrison would walk around with SES with his hair and everybody else's shaved is ******ed the whole shaving your head thing is a sign of purity it is a big thing within the SES. And for Morrison not to have his shaved would make Gallows and Mercury look like s***, its a in your face I'm better than you so I don't have to do it.

There are only two positives in a sea of negatives if Morrison were to join the SES.
1.) He's heel again. Yay!!!!
2.) He can talk about how he's done trying to pander to the fans. This lets him ditch Starship Pain for the Nitro Blast, which we all know he does very, very well.

What a terrible idea, all around. Let me say this categorically, John Morrison will not be a part of the Straight Edge Society within the next couple of months and probably beyond that too. There is literally no reason to move him to Smackdown and even less of a reason to put him in the SES. My mind boggles that you have reached this conclusion and I will now try and show you why it is ludicrous.

Firstly, John Morrison is on Raw and the SES are on Smackdown. Now, don’t get me wrong, I know that that hasn’t stopped people in the past but it usually top-level talent that manage to get the pass to the other show. We have seen people like Batista, The Undertaker, John Cena and Shawn Michaels manage to do that but John Morrison wouldn’t manage to pull it off.

Secondly, he doesn’t need them right now. I don’t see how you can say he is stuck in a rut when he is participating in the best angle that WWE Raw has had in years. The Nexus angle is absolutely brilliant and is spreading like Wildfire. He is a part of this angle and is basically one of the most over faces in the team. Why should he give that up to move to Smackdown to join a cult that is basically losing a bit of steam lately. Actually, the SES angle looks as though it is in it’s winding down stage and John Morrison wouldn’t be able to help that, would he?

Thirdly, he would be playing second fiddle to CM Punk even though Punk in injured. Look at Luke Gallows. He could be a good singles wrestler if he was given the chance but he has lived in the shadow of CM Punk since the beginning of the SES and it has done nothing for him. I fear that if Morrison went to the SES, Punk’s talent would completely over-shadow him and he would be lost in the faction.

At the end of the day, Morrison is a better talent than one who is used to fill up faction spaces. At least with the Nexus angle, he is not actually affiliated with that team. He holds no ties to it other than wanting to get rid of the Nexus and it might give him a nice rub from people like Jericho, Edge and Cena. I wouldn’t give that up for the SES.

I'll be honest, I don't know how you went from being stuck in the midcard to being future endeavoured. WWE know what they have in Morrison. A superb athlete who, if he can get over as a face, will sell them a shitload of merchandise and put on good matches. He will not be in danger of being future endeavoured.

Shelton Benjamin proves your theory wrong. He's JoMo's superior in every way except mic skills. He no longer works for the WWE. JoMo is no good as a face, the gimmick doesn't work. They don't need another top tweener and he's not main event heel material. He'll have a job for a while, but don't expect much. Especially when the Miz is being handed the world for being consistently mediocre. That's AWESOME!

JoMo joining SES doesn't work unless they are going to make it a larger stable of about 7-10 wrestlers. Unfortunately I can't see this happening, and it's probably for the best. A straight edge NWO like faction sounds interesting though, it'd be like NWO and Right to Censors bastard child, could make for some good tv if done right.

First of all, John Morrison is obsessed with his hair. As weird as this might seem, he'd probably lose fans if he shaved it off plus he will probably be hesitant to do so. Does the SES really need another member? No. Mercury is barely doing anything as it is, he kind of just stands there and does nothing (like Serena).

The DiBiase & Morrison feud is getting very old, I kind of wish that Melina would be added to the feud so it would add something new in 2vs2 mixed tag matches but I'd rather see Melina take the title away from Alicia Fox (who only does 1 move).

I don't remember who said it but someone suggested a Hart Dynasty (w/. JoMo) & SES feud and that really would be something that would get interesting. The Hart Dynasty has kind of been underestimated as champions because they've really only had one decent feud with the Uso's which wasn't that great. Nattie vs Serena would be great & Mercury/Gallows/Punk vs Hart Dynasty & Morrison. That would only work if The Hart Dynasty went on both brands like ShowMiz did because Smackdown really needs SES and RAW really doesn't need any new superstars.

On the Ross Report, Ross said something about not being able to trust JoMo...

So, a heel turn is likely and would probably help him out a little... But, SES... Not at all, in any kind of way a good idea...

Could you just inagine how funny he would look bald...? lol

This wouldn't make any sense, and wouldn't benefit anyone. It would probably hurt Morrison more than help him, seeing as the SES right now is just CM Punk and a bunch of bald people, one of which is a woman. Morrison may be in a bad spot right now, but he doesn't need the SES. Morrison needs to be moved back to Smackdown, seeing how bad it's been for him on Raw, but he doesn't need to be in a stable of any kind. Maybe have him feud with someone who has good mic skills, Morrison can work on his, and he can get to where he needs to be right now. If he were to feud with Jericho or Miz, then maybe he would be better on the mic and would matter more than he does, seeing as right now he's just jobbing to the Million Dollar Bore ****e, Ted Dibiase.

No, he is in no need for the SES, he is currently feuding with Ted DiBiase, which is a solid midcard feud, and I think he will have the United States or Million Dollar title over the next year. He is in no need for a stable of any kind

I might agree with you that they may need to put Morrison back on Smackdown, if the fued with DiBiase doesn't work out. I felt Morrison shouldn't have been moved in the first place. He fits perfectly with what Smackdown has to offer: a great wrestling show that's not filled with a lot of promos and skits. Morrison is one of the best workers in the WWE right now and I thought he could be the new face of Smackdown until the draft. However, I don't think he should join the SES but rather fued with them seeing how Mercury is in the group and the fact that he's fueded with Punk in the past and has put on some great matches with him gives the perfect background for the fued and I think this could push Morrison to the next level.

In a way I like the idea of seeing Morrison submit to the SES and have his head shaved. Punk could maybe even help him with his mic work and heel persona but in all honesty it wouldn’t really ever be a viable option for WWE creative.

Firstly, Morrison has only just moved to Raw. It would be very silly to have him moved back again so soon. I don’t think it was a good idea moving him in the first place but it’s done now and it would be even worse having him move back again.

Secondly, Morrison would be under Punk’s shadow if he were to join the SES. Punk completely outshines him and he would be left in the dark. Morrison need to get himself over and get himself a World Title.

Thirdly, Morrison is involved in a feud with DiBiase which I hear from WZ reports will be a lengthy one possibly lasting until Survivor Series. I don’t know but I think this feud has potential. It’s only just beginning and at least he’s getting TV time.

In conclusion I can see where it would be cool to see Morrison involved with the SES and maybe leaving the group to battle Punk for a world title or something but it ends there. It’s a fun thought, not a realistic story to go with though. It wouldn’t work too well, Morrison would be overshadowed and he really wouldn’t grow too much as a superstar as he would if he’s by himself.

Morrison needs to do it on his own, he’s still pretty young and his time will hopefully come.

well ur on to something but in a whole new direction. have jomo fued with the ses. the matches punk had with him in 07 were great and really made ecw worth watching at tht time period. now they r in reverse rolls. this could be tht big jump into the main event scene for morrison. the only problem i see with this is getting him over to smackdown. it might sound crazy but the best way for it to happen is for jomo to win the rumble. and go from there. im sure punk will be world jump for wm 27. hes at the top of his game right now and they r showing signs of another punk reign coming soon. but jomo vs punk in the main event of wm 27.........................eh idk. could be tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back