John Laurinaitis an on-screen character?

The Future Rises

Thinking Of A New Name..
Ever since CM Punk said his name on TV and mentioned how Vince surrounds himself with "dou***bag yes men" like him, I had the idea that the WWE were going to make John Laurinaitis an on screen character, and it looks like that's exactly what's going on, I read on another reliable site that there have been talks of making Laurinaitis an on screen character, like Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco were to Vince McMahon back in the attitude era, I honestly think the WWE finally found a replacement for Jonathan Coachman, I can totally see him being abused HHH and do all his dirty work in a comedic way, since HHH is a face and Laurinaitis is probably going to be a heel if they pull the trigger on this, and if Trips becomes the heel chairman they can do the whole McMahon-Coachman thing with them.

Your thoughts on John Laurinaitis possibly becoming an on screen character? Would you like to see it?

Ehhh maybe, but Laurinaitis is going to have to really be able to pull it off. And to me, for now, he just doesn't seem like that guy who would be funny. I know he used to be "Johnny Ace," but Patterson and Briscoe were able to pull that stooge angle off like no other because they not only acted goofy, but spoke goofy and even looked goofy. Laurinaitis doesn't look like that at all.

Laurinaitis looks as "walking around with a stick up my butt" as you can get.

God I hope not. WWE needs to move past this angle now- ITS NOT DRAWING. This whole angle is supposed to feel real- but it feels silly and dumb at least to fans that have been around for a minute. I think all long-term wrestling fans know that wrestling needs to develop new stars. Thats it. The stars are the draw- and then you can give them cool little angles and story lines. But please stop giving main event angles to midcard talent like Punk. Punk as a Champion does not work PERIOD. So why would JL as an on screen character work. It wouldn't. Establish stars.

I don't like Johnny Ace, yes I will always call him Johnny Ace because I'll always remember him as the flag waver for The Sheepherders. It still remains a mystery to me how of all people, HE got the job he's gotten. Now, as far as him being an on-air character, I will compare him to Patterson and Brisco. Both of these men were easily ID'd with the fans during the Attitude Era. The fans knew who they were due to the fact that they were with the company for quite a while. Also, they were super entertaining. I just don't get that from John. I don't think they should do this because it seems like they'd be trying too hard to compensate for something that doesn't need to be compensated for. Let's try to keep the roles of non-wrestlers on TV to a minimum. Also, fitting in with HHH doesn't really seem like a good idea, it would be weird and probably last all of 2 months. My vote is no.

John Laurinitas as an on-screen talent in general, as in an authority figure, wrestler, commentator or whatever would be a poor move, reports say that he'll feature as Vince McMahon's stooge much like Pat Patterson and Gerry Briscoe did back during the late Attitude years - and that is the perfect role for him.

WWE are trying to branch things off CM Punk's promo, e.g. Triple H takes over RAW. John Laurinitas being portrayed as some normal guy would be stupid, because WWE are trying to make everything Punk said seem true, so Laurinitas acting as Vince's stooge gets over him being an ass-kisser.

He's also suspected to be brought in, under the reasoning that he takes bumps that Vince can't take due to doctors restrictions. But overall I'd be pleased to see Vince have a stooge again, Patterson and Briscoe helping Vince stretch and shit before he faced SCSA on RAW back in '99 with Austin's hand tied behind his back was genuinely a funny segment.

John Laurinaitis would do a good job as an on-air personality. He can cut promos and such better than half of the superstars out there. Personally, I would love to see WWE work out an arrangement with ROH and use some of their talent.....who knows, maybe Vince already owns WWE. It wasn't but a few months ago that ROH was bought by some network....but who knows right? I mean, I find it coincidental that the CM Punk/Colt Cabana thing has happened shortly after they were bought.....and who is the COO of ROH...oh yea, the guy that was running OVW..Jim Cornette. If they could incorporate a situation like that with the current product.....it would be huge for Wrestling. TNA would be dealt a severe blow...maybe even a kill shot. I doubt it will happen...but it would be awesome.

It takes a special kind of person to deliver a promo and be entertaining... I have never seen John Laurinaitis deliver a promo as a on air talent for the wwe. I am in favor of seeing anything once

John Laurinaitis would do a good job as an on-air personality. He can cut promos and such better than half of the superstars out there. Personally, I would love to see WWE work out an arrangement with ROH and use some of their talent.....who knows, maybe Vince already owns WWE. It wasn't but a few months ago that ROH was bought by some network....but who knows right? I mean, I find it coincidental that the CM Punk/Colt Cabana thing has happened shortly after they were bought.....and who is the COO of ROH...oh yea, the guy that was running OVW..Jim Cornette. If they could incorporate a situation like that with the current product.....it would be huge for Wrestling. TNA would be dealt a severe blow...maybe even a kill shot. I doubt it will happen...but it would be awesome.

WWE will not be working with ROH, people need to realise that already.

As for Laurinaitis being on-air, sure, why the hell not? The worst that could happen is they try it and he doesn't get over and he sticks to the job he already has.

The guy cant really act. Dave Lagana's recent podcast was so funny, when he mentioned how Laurinitis managed to make his one line, "yeah", look so fake. He stares into space when hes on screen. He shouldnt be on screen talent until Vince returns, if he ever does return. If they're going for a shoot angle then it makes zero sense to associate Triple H with a guy hes not a fan of in real life.

Why are some of you saying he can't do it because he isn't goofy? He wouldn't make a good goofy character... so fucking what... why does he have to be goofy?

He's already over as an ass kissing douchebag with a stick up his ass for the "Vince McMahon way"... that's what his character would entail.

He could be a serious heel authority figure, much like say Sgt. Slaughter was back in the late 90s?

God I hope not. WWE needs to move past this angle now- ITS NOT DRAWING. This whole angle is supposed to feel real- but it feels silly and dumb at least to fans that have been around for a minute. I think all long-term wrestling fans know that wrestling needs to develop new stars. Thats it. The stars are the draw- and then you can give them cool little angles and story lines. But please stop giving main event angles to midcard talent like Punk. Punk as a Champion does not work PERIOD. So why would JL as an on screen character work. It wouldn't. Establish stars.
The hell kind of argument is this? You tell WWE to make stars, and then go on to criticize them for making a star in Punk. You tell them to give them cool angles and storylines, and then criticize them for doing just that. What?

Johnny Ace as a character would have made more sense if Vince had stuck around, but I don't know about know. It's well documented that Triple H doesn't like him much, so if they want to stay realistic, he shouldn't be an HHH stooge. What would be funny, though (and I think I saw someone suggest this on here) is if they revealed Ace as the GM and then had H fire him and kick his ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back