John Cena-Wrestlemania Title Streak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madico_Fs

Australian Heavyweight Champion
Quick bit of trivia, John Cena has only been involved in title matches in wrestlemania history:

wm20 vs big show US TITLE
wm 21 vs jbl WWE TITLE
wm 22 vs HHH WWE TITLE
wm 23 vs HBK WWE TITLE
wm 24 vs HHH vs ORTON WWE TITLE
wm 25 vs EDGE vs BIG SHOW

this year at wrestlemania it will be John Cena (superman of WWE) vs Batista.

My question to you all is, "is wwe trying to created a better streak than the undertakers by having their superman of today go into WM each year a champion or fighting for the title?

To me it doesn't really mean as much as the Undertaker's streak by far. I think he has just been the guy that is available and with the superstar power to be in the title picture at Wrestlemania all the time.

I don't think that the WWE is trying to create a superman that goes into every Mania with gold or fighting for gold. They are just trying to make money and make the big money. It had been talked about him vs The Rock at Mania and if that was the case I don't think WWE had the "gold streak" in mind.

This could have been a good idea, but it pales in comparison to Taker's for two reasons. The first reason being that Cena has already lost if this is meant to be an undefeated streak, Orton won at Wrestlemania 24. Secondly, if this is meant to just be a "Cena has been in a championship match every Wrestlemania" streak, then it's still not nearly as impressive as Taker's because Taker is 17-0 while Cena is 5-1. Going undefeated and putting the streak on the line for nearly 2 decades is more impressive than fighting for a world title for 6 years. This WOULD have been a very good idea as a way to start up a second Wrestlemania streak, if WWE didn't already mess that up by having Orton win in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back