John Cena Campaign HQ

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
John_Cena_488852a.jpg

John Cena, the top dog in the entire WWE today. 31 years of age, in his prime and he is the most over superstar in the company. Whether you like him or hate him, you need to respect him. He is the best professional wrestler today. He's been compared to Hulk Hogan, The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin. He hasn't got far in the WZ Tournaments to my knowledge, so hopefully with your support, Cena can have a good tournament in 2009.

Accomplishments:

World Heavyweight Championship - (1 time)
-11/26/2008, Survivor Series: def. Chris Jericho

WWE Championship (3 times)
-4/3/2005, WrestleMania 21: def. JBL
-1/29/2006, Royal Rumble: def. Edge
-9/17/2006, Unforgiven: def. Edge

World Tag Team Championship (1 time)-1/29/2007, Raw: with Shawn Michaels, def. Edge & Randy Orton

United States Championship (3 times)
-3/14/2004, WrestleMania XX: def. Big Show
-10/3/2004, No Mercy: def. Booker T
-11/18/2004, SmackDown: def. Carlito

- 2008 Royal Rumble Winner

Not bad for a 6 and a half year career ey? Cena is so great, he's been compared to the almighty superman. Slowly, people are converting to the Chain Gang, but with all due respect the guy is the WWE's top draw and has a work ethic that is unmatched by any superstar at the present moment. He is the top merchandise seller in the company and always puts on good matches with any given opponent.

So admit your inner Cena obsession, and vote #1 John Cena!

Now this is a most interesting case. where does Cena land on the list of the all time best? Surely he's on it by now, but in what spot? The main issue he'll have is the Cena haters. No matter how much proof you give them, they'll never wake up and get over their hate for him. Should get to the final 16 or so.

I'd love Cena to win this tournament. He's about 4th on my list of who I'd want to win, behind Hart, Hogan and Savage. Can't see him going far though. Too many dumb fucks still blindly hate the guy.

He'll go far but I can't see final four. He hasn't been around long enough to cement his status as one of the all time greats. Should make a solid run though. Maybe next year.

I would not deny that Cena has talent. I would not deny that he has achieved a level of face that not many have achieved (although a few are above). No matter what people say, I do not hate John Cena the man and wrestler. I hate John Cena, the guy who gets obsessive pushing by Vince, who feels that he should be in the main event even if it's above a title match (it's happened). Therefore, I would vote for him if the opposition was truly outmatched. However, with the campaigns I've seen, I rather doubt it.

How can you put that on Cena though? He has no booking power as far as I've heard. He gets a reaction so he's in big matches. Cena is the biggest draw in the company at the moment so why shouldn't he be the star attraction? Vince puts him in those spots because he makes money for the company.

I'll be voting for Cena. He's been one of the most entertaining wrestlers since 2005 when I began watching pro wrestling. As a young wrestling fan, I can tell you that John Cena is basically this generations Hulk Hogan/Rock. That meaning that there's better wrestlers out there, but none of them are as popular or none of them are more entertaining than John Cena.

It would be very nice to see a guy who's currently making a name for himself win the tournament. Edge, Orton, Cena, that lot. I suppose they've already really made their names, but you know what they mean. I'm not sure if I should remove Cena from my poll, considering he's now got his own HQ. I'd probably have to take Edge out.

I could see one of the young guys winning it. Even someone like Edge has been around 10 years plus. That's more than enough to have longevity. I could see it.

I'd have no problem with Cena winning the tournament. I'll be supporting him as I'm a huge fan and he's my favourite guy today who's active, but the guy just has too many blind haters. Even if he doesn't win this tournament, I could see him definitely winning it in the future. He definitely has the credentials to win, and can see him winning a future tournament once he gets more longetivity behind him.

I never really liked him. Sometimes I'd dislike him for about five minutes, otherwise I'd be completely indifferent to him. His match with Michaels won me over though. Great match. I claimed it to be in Michaels' top two, in fact.

Cena is easily in the top 10 of all time in terms of ability to draw, memorable title reigns, in-ring ability, popularity, consistancy, and number of great matches. The only thing preventing him from been considered the best of all time is that he hasn't had enough great feuds yet, this isn't his fault though. Hogan, Stone Cold etc. all had much more big-name talent around them, Cena has only had the oppotunity to work with a handful of big names (HHH, HBK, Angle) had Cena had the likes of Austin, Savage, Sting etc. in there prime Cena could have had some epic feuds and be big as Hogan already. At this moment his feud with HBK, and possibly Edge are the two that stand out as been great.

I never really liked him. Sometimes I'd dislike him for about five minutes, otherwise I'd be completely indifferent to him. His match with Michaels won me over though. Great match. I claimed it to be in Michaels' top two, in fact.

Probably the fact that they gave him the super-hero thing.

It got me annoyed at him, only because he was made to seem unbeatable. I liked him, yet wanted him to lose the title, because when he had it for such a long time, they wern't doing anything interesting with it.

My favorite active wrestler today. The man may not have the best speed or be the most technically sound but he makes up for that with hard work, strength, a will to never give up, a guy who cant be counted out, and above all else HEART. I dare anyone to name me 5 guys with the heart of John Cena.

He's proven he can be hardcore...I Quit matches, TLC, EC

Proven he can beat the odds when the deck is stacked against him

Showed he can go an hour strong with anybody...if he went one hr with HBK, he can do it against anyone.

The problem that I have with Cena is that he (and no one in his ear) has gone to him and tried to improve his in-ring weaknesses because he cannot rely on every match being carried by another superstar like Michaels or HHH.

I also detest how he is shoved down peoples throats like no tomorrow. Of course he has an effect on ratings and gets big pops but he also gets big heat, much bigger than someone in his position (as the number one face) should recieve.

Also, his promo material is bland (sometimes childish) and surely he could use his backstage power to go to Gewirtz and rewrite the stuff or veto some stuff that is in there.

There is no doubt that he is the hardest working man in the business but I think he could be better, a lot better if he diverted some effort to his in-ring prowess (his offense).

I don't believe it is his time and I don't reckon this audience will push him, into the last 16.

Cena's more agile than people give him credit for. Guys like Edge and Orton really have the frame that would make you think they have good agility, but it's Cena that's doing diving leg drops and that whole flipping face plant or whatever you call it.

Not to mention he is the greatest current superstar on the mic. Did anyone notice how great his promo was on Raw when he was talking smack to Edge? The crowd went nuts when he came out, and it really hyped up a possible Wrestlemania match between the two. Cena's the hardest worker in the company, he's agile & strong, he's the best performer in the ring, and he's probably the best of the mic. He's got the whole package. And that superman booking thing is bullshit. And has been since 2008.

John Cena got pinned in the Elimination Chamber, Cena lost to Orton last yeat at Wrestlemania. I could go on and on for ages, but the only reason why people diss him is because they are simply nitpicking since they can't face the fact that he is the best in the business today.

Reactions: OIL
Yes please stop the nitpicking, he is not hulk hogan, or steve austin, or kurt angle, or bret hart. He is JOHN CENA and when all is said and done he will be remembered more by a general wrestling fan than a hart or angle. Can he compete technically with them maybe not, but they dont have his strength. Austin might be more technically sound too but lacks Cena's strength or athletism. And Hogan...Cena is better in every way when your comparing in ring ability.

The nitpicking needs to stop cause he aint going no where and its time for everyone to except it. Deep down every knows that too.

Its time to start backing John Cena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back