• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jimmy Snuka Charged with Murder

According to the main page the WWE has already removed his profile from the HOF section, and his profile from their website is also gone. They also apparently have his Legends contract under review.

No announcement has been made yet on his official HOF status but his videos are still available on WWE.com. So it would appear that while he wasn't erased from the WWE, the process has been started depending on what happens with his court case.

Jack, I love ya, but to quote Paul Heyman, "Stop. Please, stop. Pretty please, stop." NOBODY will do that. Why? Answer: What does she do already? You can have a potted plant do the same thing Tamina does. She just stands there. When was the last time she was in a match? So, why would anyone say ANYTHING to a human imitation of the potted plant? It is as if someone walked on a lawn, found a dandelion, and then started clapping and saying, "You're a killer! clap, clap, clap."

Now, if she did something like crack a chair over DBry's head or piledrived Lana into the steel steps, then I could see that chant. But, now? Please. The fans are not going to chat through thin air. Which is all Tamina is.

C'mon...you know as well as I do that there are some fans who'll sometimes do/say anything as they have no boundaries. Fans sometimes jump into the ring to attack wrestlers or jump the railing to attack them as they're on their way to the ring, they'll sometimes chant incredibly offensive things that go far beyond the usual heat for a wrestler.

Remember the reaction the New York fans gave to the Make A Wish Foundation video presentation at the WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony the night before WrestleMania 29 all because it was John Cena giving the presentation and being shown in some of the videos? I mean, if someone can just boo a presentation involving terminally ill children, some of whom may well be dead by now, just because of John Cena, then I don't think there's a line of good taste they won't cross. I'm not saying that fans WILL give Tamina the business, I'm merely pointing out the possibility that they COULD at some point. Tamina is never going to be a big deal in wrestling; she turns 38 very early next year and she's probably not gonna be inside the ring longer than another few years. However, the fact that her father is a well known wrestling legend and his subsequent arrest has been making headlines all around the country may POSSIBLY cause some of the more classless fans to give her some grief about it just because of her familial connection to a man that many are already proclaiming is guilty as charged. I'd love to give fans the benefit of the doubt and I do think that the odds of this happening are pretty slim as most fans have genuine decency, I just think it could depend on the area where the show is taking place and how many more headlines this story makes in the coming weeks. I think the best chances of this happening are in front of crowds in places like the New York, Chicago & Philadelphia areas as smarks often turn up in droves for wrestling shows there.

On June 1, 1983, Snuka and McMahon met with Platt, then-Assistant District Attorney Robert Steinberg and Mihalakis, the medical examiner, in the DA’s office law library. Whitehall Police Detectives Gerry Procanyn, Al Fritzinger and Vincent Geiger were also at the meeting, according to police records. There’s no official record of what was said and Snuka doesn’t remember much of what happened, according to his book. “All I remember is [McMahon] had a briefcase with him,” Snuka wrote in his autobiography. “I don’t know what happened. …The only thing I know for sure is I didn’t hurt Nancy.”

Steinberg, now a Lehigh County judge, said Snuka didn’t say much and McMahon “did all the talking.” “I remember Vince McMahon being what Vince McMahon has always been — very effusive. He was very protective, a showman,” Steinberg said, noting he couldn’t recall specifics of the conversation. “He was the mouthpiece, trying to direct the conversation.”

Vince with a briefcase, doing all of the talking, couldn't recall specifics of the conversation, and trying to direct the conversation? This all sounds suspicious to me. And that to me, basically proves my belief that Vince was more protective over wrestlers back in the day than he is now. I would think that he indeed can be charged for obstruction of justice here, and that could carry a lengthy prison sentence.

Vince with a briefcase, doing all of the talking, couldn't recall specifics of the conversation, and trying to direct the conversation? This all sounds suspicious to me. And that to me, basically proves my belief that Vince was more protective over wrestlers back in the day than he is now. I would think that he indeed can be charged for obstruction of justice here, and that could carry a lengthy prison sentence.

OMG will you stop trying to lump Vince McMahon into all of this and painting him as some sort of criminal or worse yet a co-conspirator. Listen no one know what happened to this woman except for Snuka an the woman herself, and she is long dead.

Considering according to the reports Snuka has given at least 6 different stories for what happened, and none of them include Vince McMahon I just don't see why you want him in jail so badly. My impression of Jimmy Snuka is that he's not a particularly intelligent person, and maybe, just maybe McMahon was trying to help him out, as any friend might do in a situation like this.

There is just no evidence that McMahon covered anything up, took part in the crime or they would be investigating him as well. Besides according to what you quoted, they can't even remember what was said it. 30 years is a long time to start to remember conversations that happened, so unless there is a transcript or tape of what was said in the room, it could have been anything. I was given to understand that you are innocent till proven guilty in the US. Does that not exist anymore?

Obstruction would be if Vince hid the murder weapon or something like that. So that's not happening.

If you keep reading the full statement it says McMahon was very cooperative and gave them everything they asked for. Do you honestly think McMahon could single handly stop a damn police investigation?

As far the crime itself, if Snuka is proven guilty then he should be sent away. But as for Vince, while I agree that WWE would be better with Stephanie and Hunter in charge, come on, OP. Whatever your grudge is, it's nonsensical and beyond asinine. Vince is certainly no saint, but your hatred of him is ridiculous.

I have read they actually removed Snuka from the Hall of fame and starting to erase him, I hope fans have enough respect to treat his daughter with love and respect as she will be going threw a tough time dealing with this and any real fan would know where to draw the line, this is still her father despite what is going on, I could of sworn some fans started a chant of **** when I think Steph was out the one time which was very disrespectful, to me those are not true fans, all these people who perform for use are people clearly Snuka legal problem have caught up to him and he will have to face them and his family will have to deal with what ever comes from it, his daughter was not involved and should not have any hate directed at her, its sad we lost piper, dusty, Hogan been erased snuka facing jail time not a good couple of months for WWE.

I dont think Vince will be in trouble. the article did say he was cooperative . If Snuka is found gulity he should be erased. I mean he killed someone. who cares what he did in wwe, anyone who commuted a crime would be fired from their job. If they left him in HOF the media would say things like WWE keeps killer in HOF, and it would be bad press for wwe and they dont want that.

If Snuka is found gulity he should be erased. I mean he killed someone..

And if he's been living free for over 30 years instead of spending those years behind bars for taking someone's life, it's a good thing there's no time limit in prosecuting this type of crime.

Whether his existence has been tortured because of guilt felt for what he did, only Snuka knows. But if he's been able to live peacefully with himself the past three decades, I don't know why anyone would want to have sympathy for him now.

I can't understand how they can remove someone from their hall of fame though, Remove someones name from the hall of fame website maybe but his career was deemed hall of fame worthy, he's been inducted now been given his hall of fame ring, If there is a proper retrial in the courts and he somehow is found completely innocent does that mean the WWE will have to re-induct him again? More so with Hogan when it all settles down in a few months or years and if he gets forgiven will they need to re-induct him at a future Wrestlemania and how can WWE really have a genuine hall of fame without having arguably their biggest star of all time within it.

I had always kind of liked Jimmy Snuka and had heard the rumours for years but I had just presumed it to have been an accident seeing as he got off with it at the time.
Sad to hear it looks like its true now and if he is guilty he deserves everything he gets and glad to hear the family will now be getting their long overdue justice.

I can't understand how they can remove someone from their hall of fame though, Remove someones name from the hall of fame website maybe but his career was deemed hall of fame worthy, he's been inducted now been given his hall of fame ring,

Well considering there really isn't an actual physical Hall of Fame, all they'll do is remove his name and likeness from the website. If the prosecution can't prove anything and he goes free, they'll just put his name back on the website. Neither one of them will be formally inducted again. It's like what happened to Nash last Christmas with the assault charge. The WWE suspended his Legends contract, and when the case was dropped reinstated it again.

You know if you really look at it, once you're in the Hall of Fame, your in the Hall of Fame. They can take your name out but that's about it. Hogan will always be known as a wrestler and a Hall of Fame wrestler at that.

Pro Wrestling is dying.

Dusty, Roddy, and Warrior died. Hogan's a racist. Superfly's a murderer.

This is truly some of the most unfortunate and saddest occurrences of all time.

d_Henderson, you really need to stop. There are vast differences between all three. Benoit would be looking at a needle right now if he had survived. However, Vince must be thanking his lucky stars that Benoit did off himself. No telling what would have been said if Benoit went to trial on two counts of Capital Murder. No way the charges are less. That was Georgia, and one of the victims was a disabled child. If you thought that Vince had a brush with jail with Hogan, you have no idea how close he really would have come had Benoit gone to trial.

As for Hogan and Snuka: If I asked all the members on this board, including Admin, the following question: "How many of you know who Jimmy Snuka is?" About 10% of this Board would know who Jimmy Snuka is. If I flew down to the middle of the African jungle, assembled 1000 Pygmies in a hut, and asked them, by a show of hands, if they knew who Hulk Hogan was. I can guarantee you 80% of that hut would have their hands up. Furthermore, given the new technology, Vince probably knew that this day was going to come. If Snuka gets convicted, then they will take some action on Snuka's HoF status.

As for Hogan: once agian, when you take on a media company, you had better be clean as a whistle. Big Media knows how to dig up crap on ANYONE. When Hogan's rant came up, Vince had no choice but to eradicate Hogan. Why? Shareholders would have went ballistic and called for a proxy fight. Why? because EVERY news gathering organization from ABC News to BuzzFeed to Al Jazeera to Children's Express would have whipped up a frenzy amongst public opinion after digging up some of the other incidents from the last 30 years. Can you picture a nine-year old kid from Children's Express sticking a recording device into Vince's face and asking him, "Mr. McMahon, is it true that you hired a wrestler named Buck Zumhofe after he served a jail sentence for sexually assaulting a child?". The firestorm from keeping Hogan after the comments surfaced would have been Peshtigo and Chicago (Both happened on the same day in 1871) times 100 for the Clan McMahon. The share price would have dropped like a brick, and NBC would be looking to get out. Hogan had to go.

I actually think that Benoit would have escaped the death penalty, as his lawyer would bring up the "concussion" and use it to say that Benoit wasn't in control of himself, and he would probably be put in a home for the criminally insane, or escape the needle because of "insanity". Not saying I like it, but it would happen that way, I think.

d_Henderson, you really need to stop. There are vast differences between all three. Benoit would be looking at a needle right now if he had survived. However, Vince must be thanking his lucky stars that Benoit did off himself. No telling what would have been said if Benoit went to trial on two counts of Capital Murder. No way the charges are less. That was Georgia, and one of the victims was a disabled child. If you thought that Vince had a brush with jail with Hogan, you have no idea how close he really would have come had Benoit gone to trial.

As for Hogan and Snuka: If I asked all the members on this board, including Admin, the following question: "How many of you know who Jimmy Snuka is?" About 10% of this Board would know who Jimmy Snuka is. If I flew down to the middle of the African jungle, assembled 1000 Pygmies in a hut, and asked them, by a show of hands, if they knew who Hulk Hogan was. I can guarantee you 80% of that hut would have their hands up. Furthermore, given the new technology, Vince probably knew that this day was going to come. If Snuka gets convicted, then they will take some action on Snuka's HoF status.

As for Hogan: once agian, when you take on a media company, you had better be clean as a whistle. Big Media knows how to dig up crap on ANYONE. When Hogan's rant came up, Vince had no choice but to eradicate Hogan. Why? Shareholders would have went ballistic and called for a proxy fight. Why? because EVERY news gathering organization from ABC News to BuzzFeed to Al Jazeera to Children's Express would have whipped up a frenzy amongst public opinion after digging up some of the other incidents from the last 30 years. Can you picture a nine-year old kid from Children's Express sticking a recording device into Vince's face and asking him, "Mr. McMahon, is it true that you hired a wrestler named Buck Zumhofe after he served a jail sentence for sexually assaulting a child?". The firestorm from keeping Hogan after the comments surfaced would have been Peshtigo and Chicago (Both happened on the same day in 1871) times 100 for the Clan McMahon. The share price would have dropped like a brick, and NBC would be looking to get out. Hogan had to go.

Firstly, this is why WWE needs to take itself off the sharemarket, pay out the shareholders and just rely on money from their own sources of income instead. WWE could survive without shareholders, but Vince does it to make himself look good and to make extra money. He doesn't need shareholders to survive.

As for NBC, or USA or whomever, it would firstly depend on his relationship with the higher-ups there, and if they want to axe a long-running program, that rates, because one person said something they shouldn't of. If TV stations sacked every person on one of their shows who did the wrong thing, there would be no shows left on air.

Besides, WWE always have WWE Network. Worse case scenario, he could have WWE content be exclusive to the Network. At this point of time, you are probably not going to gain many new viewers. If they were interested, they would be watching by now. Also, I think Vince wants to get out of having to pay cable companies to run PPVs, and with the Network, 100% of the broadcast costs would stay with WWE. I tip that, if the Network lasts long-term, that one day Vince will cut all the TV and cable companies out anyway.

When you run things yourself, you are answerable to fewer people how you run your business, other than your customers.

Firstly, this is why WWE needs to take itself off the sharemarket, pay out the shareholders and just rely on money from their own sources of income instead. WWE could survive without shareholders, but Vince does it to make himself look good and to make extra money. He doesn't need shareholders to survive.

The WWE is a business. A business should always try to make more money. Period.

As for NBC, or USA or whomever, it would firstly depend on his relationship with the higher-ups there, and if they want to axe a long-running program, that rates, because one person said something they shouldn't of. If TV stations sacked every person on one of their shows who did the wrong thing, there would be no shows left on air.

Advertising is what matters (that's how TV companies make money). I wouldn't want to associate my product with a company that employs a racist. Nor a murderer. Shows can't survive without advertising.

Besides, WWE always have WWE Network. Worse case scenario, he could have WWE content be exclusive to the Network. At this point of time, you are probably not going to gain many new viewers. If they were interested, they would be watching by now. Also, I think Vince wants to get out of having to pay cable companies to run PPVs, and with the Network, 100% of the broadcast costs would stay with WWE. I tip that, if the Network lasts long-term, that one day Vince will cut all the TV and cable companies out anyway.

How would you attract new viewers without a TV show? Netflix doesn't have trouble attracting new viewers. The reason being is they provide a wide range of products. The WWE has one product. If WWE is only on the network, their fan base will continuously shrink.

When you run things yourself, you are answerable to fewer people how you run your business, other than your customers.

Businesses survive by providing something people want. Being public or private doesn't matter.

I actually think that Benoit would have escaped the death penalty, as his lawyer would bring up the "concussion" and use it to say that Benoit wasn't in control of himself, and he would probably be put in a home for the criminally insane, or escape the needle because of "insanity". Not saying I like it, but it would happen that way, I think.

It's possible.

As for this case, he looks guilty to me, but I try to keep myself out of it. He's innocent until proven guilty. The question is...will he live long enough to go to trial? He's apparently had health problems and is at a fragile age. It makes me wonder how people would respond if he died. Would WWE honor his name?

With Hogan, I think they would. He said and did some dumb shit, but I do believe that WWE will eventually accept him back once the case is resolved and it's no longer news. Maybe in a much more limited role, but I have no idea what WWE would do with Snuka if he died before a verdict came in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back