Jericho's Future in the WWE- Commentator?

airvar

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was watching NXT last night, and the Raw Vs Smack down Pro's Vs Pro's match, with Jericho on Guest Commentary.

MY GOD, the day Jericho retires I hope to god they sign him to a long term deal to do commentary for good. He was halarious. He made a mediocre match, that was pretty dull throughout, into the most exciting match of the night. His current heel persona fits a heel comentator perfectly too. It was some of the best match commentary I have heard in quite some time.

Is this just me over-reacting to a mediocre Job on commentary in a world of lack-luster Commentators .. I mean, I know a lot of people want to bring back heel commentator's, but I think this is more then that. Jericho is just pure gold on commentary, and after he hangs up his boots for good, I sincerly hope the WWE consider's offering him a full time position as a commentator on either Raw or smackdown. He can really bring that extra dynamic to a match that makes it worthwhile to watch.

Yeah Jericho was a good commentator to me. You weren't just over-reacting. When he retires I hope he becomes a commentator because he would do great.

Jericho and JBL should be colour commentators :). Jericho is always entertaining whilst on commentary from bullying people like Michael Cole to aweing at the in ring moves. The guy brings much more charisma to the table than Michael Cole ever has mutiplied by a thousand

I really liked Jericho on the microphone last night, he was funny in an incredibly offensive way, he put the match over, he helped Wade come off strong when he interrupted and got him in a position to make the final pin.

And he even put over some of the pro wrestlers, talking about guys like CM Punk being a great wrestler etc.

So it could be awesome if Jericho decided to make a commentary career in WWE after he retires from in-ring action.

I think that that would be a great idea. Jericho was great last night on commentary and I really didn't want the match to end because he was so entertaining. The NXT commentary is probably the best out of all the WWE programs but Jericho even made that better.

Jericho should without question be on commentary when he retires. Hell let him do commentary when not wrestling! Ok I'm joking around there but the guy is gold on the mic and I took notice as well that he was putting over not only the pros in Punk and Miz, not only his rookie Wade Barrett but he put Danielson over big time by saying he was a well trained athlete and things of that nature. He was doing what was needed on that show and not trying to bury people and looking like a smug jackass like Cole. I was very glad that Jericho was on commentary as it helpes everyone in the long run.

Jericho was great last night. Actual heel commentary in which a commentator actually puts over the heels...Wow..what a great feeling that was. I'd be thrilled if Jericho became a commentator. He even had great chemistry with Josh Matthews and Michael Cole. All of them actually sounded like they were really having fun out there doing that.

Commentators in both TNA and WWE has been stale for a very long time. Last night on NXT, Jericho seemed like a throwback to the days when the commentators actually contributed to the match instead of making you wanna watch with the television on mute.

IMO, If he retires I will love to see him on that table, Jericho is very entertaining, And he definitely knows how to get your attention. I was not even paying attention to the match on NXT, I was just paying attention to Jericho's comments.

Jericho did a good job in the commentary table yesterday on NTX. He's gold in the mic and he has a very good background that could back him up. Yesterday he did some good comments about other Rookies and Pro wrestlers, He was basically trying to put them over, And I think that he accomplished that.

Like I said, If he retires hopefully they give him a spot in the commentary table because he's just awesome in the mic.

Yeah Jericho was great on commentary and good on play by play to hype up the wrestlers. He said something like "Cole, your lucky Matthews is in between us and he's had two matches of experience and he might take a shot at me, sure it'd be a weak shot though." I just couldn't stop laughing when he said that. Also when Michael Cole said no one watched Hockey and Jericho took offense to that statement cause he was Canadian and said 18 million people watched the Hockey in the olympics, and Cole responded with 50 million watched Wrestlemania.

If they put Cole and Jericho together when Jerichos done wrestling that could be a golden announce team. I'm not really a fan of Cole but the work he did on NXT with Jericho for that match was just amazing they had natural chemistry and were fun to listen to.

By golly, the last two time Jericho was interacting with the announcers, he was pure golden!! :worship: I especially loved last night, the exchange about who picks out the rose for Wade Barrett. :lmao: Jericho is just the new GOLD STANDARD for me. :p I think there would be a future for Y2J if something were to happen and he gets hurt or decides to take some time away.

I would LOVE to see Jericho become a commentator after his retirement. The commentary last night was hilarious and excellent. He knew names, put over certain faces and all heels, and sounded extremely excited. His interactions with Cole and Matthews were natural and just plain fun to listen to. He made an excellent match even better.

However, there's one thing that needs to be changed: His voice. He needs to make it slightly higher and focus on projecting his voice as it didn't come across very well on TV. Other than that, he could have a great future career as commentator.

He certainly has the mic skills to be a commentator he interacted great with the other commentators and he was actually fun to listen to unlike others.
I like good heel commentators i wanted the match to last a little longer I really hope he becomes a commentator after he retires.

Yeah, it would definitely be great. It'd keep Jericho around, which the fans would love and it'd mean Jericho wouldn't have to become, well, like Ric Flair or Hulk Hogan, trying anything to get a paycheque despite being 20 years past their prime. It would certainly be painful to see Jericho in that situation, so for him to take the same route as Lawler would be great.

The quality he brought to the table last night was great. As good as he is with scripted promos, his WCW and early WWF work showed that he really shines when it comes to improv. So I think commentary would suit him down to a tee.

It would be pretty awesome to see Jericho become a commentator when he retires, but you have to remember that he has Fozzy too. I mean, he made the match extremely entertaining and he had me in stitches, but how long would that last? I'm not trying to say that Fozzy should be his #1 priority, but even if wrestling IS his #1 priority, I'm sure that after he retires Fozzy would step into that spot.

There are only a set few people on the roster with this ability and he has it. Jericho would be a great heel commentator. He puts over the heels but acknowleges the faces are solid in ring too. He could be a new Jesse Ventura or so.

Jericho would be a great commentator and I'd love to see him go into it full time when he retires from the ring. However, I'm guessing he'll go to his band full-time once he hangs up his boots. Good idea though

Jericho's mic skills are always one of the best, to me. He knows what's he speaking and he definitely can create comedy or heat depending on his gimmick. Plus, he's vocab isn't that bad either. So yes, my vote for him becoming a commentator when he retires. He could be as good as JR, who knows.

Jericho definently has the mic skills to be a commentator when its all said and done he knows the right things to say and can put anyone over but recently are far few inbetween when they done wrestling to switch over to that spot hopefully he does switch to that or bring jbl back who was under appreciated in that role in his time

Very few would disagree that Jericho is one of the all time greats on the mic, both as a heel and a face. Jericho also happens to be my all time personal favorite. If there is one thing I would like to see him do for even a short period of time after he retires from in ring competition, it's commentating. He has the humor to keep people laughing and entertained and the insight and knowledge of the business to keep the veiwers well informed as well. There aren't very many personalities in this business that would make good commentators, even the better talkers wouldn't be right for the job. Jericho just seems like a natural fit. Being a manager doesn't fit because he's doesn't seem like the type to care about the success of anyone but himself. He doesn't seem like an authority figure either, so any time of general manger role wouldn't fit him as well either. It would be magic having him at the commentators table honestly, and I think it's in the realm of possibility.

I have always loved Jericho when he does his guest commentary things. There are few pro wrestlers that are as naturally comfortable on a microphone as Jericho, and even less that can improvise it like he can. (if we accept that the entire booking of matches is not known to the commentators, who may or may not know the end result, but certainly aren't going to know how its scripted move for move)

Chris Jericho is also one of the most intelligent sounding wrestlers, which gives him instant credibility. He could easily be the next generation's Bobby Heenan.

If Jericho wants to make the move to the commentator's table after retiring, I would welcome him with open arms.

Jericho is gold on commentary I agree I wasn't even watching the match I was hearing Jericho talking and he needs to be a heel commentator it's a shame though imagine JR and Jericho now theres a team but damn Michael Cole really 50 Million people watched WM 26 really lol.

I Really Hope He Does become an anouncer. i think he's great on the mic. also the quicker we get rid of michel cole the better.

Well it's Jericho.

Wtf did you expect, this guy is gold no matter what mic he is holding. And yes I to hope they sign Jericho as a commentator, when he retires. He has the charismah, and mic skills. He'd surely make things more interesting.

he did a great job and made the match better than it was he really should become a commintater with someone like grisham who he can call stupid

Jericho is TALK!!! I don't think I've ever gotten tired of a Chris Jericho promo or any other time he's on the mic. Put him behind the announcer's table when he retires, and like someone already said, hell put him behind the announcer's table everytime he's not wrestling. He's just a natural in talking in and out of the ring. I loved hearing his stuff on I Love The 80s and all that. SO give Jericho a headset in preparation for his future job!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back