Jericho in TNA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevastra

Getting Noticed By Management
So, some new news about Jericho playing with his band for an episode of Impact...think this is a sign he is interested in TNA?

I think it is. I mean, look at the interest that is being garnered in TNA by a lot of wrestlers, I think there is a good chance he will show up in TNA.

WOW if Jericho really shows up in TNA, the company that couldnt, did. With new entrance music for their wrestlers, a traditional four sided ring,better announcers, and most importantly travel outside of Orlando more, TNA will be exciting. here is the article

The following is from TNAWrestling.com

CHRIS JERICHO AND FOZZY TO APPEAR ON "iMPACT!" BEFORE "BOUND FOR GLORY"

See the national television debut of "Enemy" from Fozzy

On Thursday, October 19, on TNA "iMPACT!" on SpikeTV at 11pm ET, Chris Jericho and his band "Fozzy" will be featured in a music video for the song "Enemy" from their "All That Remains" album.

The national television debut of the video will feature Jericho and Fozzy along with the stars of TNA Wrestling just days before the "Bound For Glory" Pay-Per-View extravaganza on Sunday, October 22 live from Detroit, Michigan.

TNA Wrestling directors David Sahadi and Kevin Sullivan, who have worked with Jericho in the past, will be producing the music video for the "iMPACT!" broadcast.

"This is simply awesome," Sahadi told TNAwrestling.com "I have always had tremendous admiration for Chris Jericho as a professional and as a person. He's one of the coolest guys I know."

Don't forget - TNA Wrestling's "iMPACT!" goes primetime on Thursday, November 16 at 9pm ET!

its his music video

if you want to see it its on a dvd from 2205 ppv (I cant remeber which)

I think I have an idea why he is doing this... He must be ticked at Vince for not offering to promote his new song as either PPV Theme or Raw's New intro Music...

DeathIsARight said:
I think this is just a one time deal to promote his bad band.
Fozzy Osbourne is proof positive that grade-b butt-rock is alive and well, man. I love Jericho's wrestling, but his band needs to jump into a time machine and go back to where they belong: 1986.

Kasey said:
Fozzy Osbourne is proof positive that grade-b butt-rock is alive and well, man. I love Jericho's wrestling, but his band needs to jump into a time machine and go back to where they belong: 1986.

Why would he play at TNA??? Why didn't vince give him a shot?

I really don't know what to make of this, Jericho has expressed interest in returnig to wwe when he decides to wrestle again, diong somthing with TNA doesn't seem like a smart way to get on Vinces good side and back into WWE, maybe he just looking at it as a paying gig for his band, i don't know

I look at both sides of it. On one side, he could just be looking for a gig for the band. On the other, why would he do anything with the "competition" if he is planning on going back to WWE?

Notice the article does not say he will be appearing live and in person, he is simply in the video.

but "TNA Wrestling directors David Sahadi and Kevin Sullivan, who have worked with Jericho in the past, will be producing the music video for the "iMPACT!" broadcast." makes it sound like he will be directly involved in some form, or this is simply written to sound like that. But when I read it over again, it sounds like they are going to take footage from the existing video and edit in shots of TNA, without Jericho doing anything directly. Who knows, interesting story to watch unfold.

jefferson411 said:
Notice the article does not say he will be appearing live and in person, he is simply in the video.

but "TNA Wrestling directors David Sahadi and Kevin Sullivan, who have worked with Jericho in the past, will be producing the music video for the "iMPACT!" broadcast." makes it sound like he will be directly involved in some form, or this is simply written to sound like that. But when I read it over again, it sounds like they are going to take footage from the existing video and edit in shots of TNA, without Jericho doing anything directly. Who knows, interesting story to watch unfold.

I was just about to bring that up. Nowhere does it say that he will be making an apperance live. They are simply playing his video. But the thing is, that can't be all. Why would they just play a random clip of an old song if it leads to nothing greater. Im confused by this shit!!! lol. Definately something to keep a careful eye on. Could be nothing, but could also be huge news. Imagine they play the clip and then have him appear live as a new addition to TNA at the conclusion of the video. I havn't read the spoilers but I imagine he wont be appearing live as we would of heard of it earlier. Maybe an announcement at the conclusion of the video??

Probably getting ahead of ourselves, but definately sounds like it could be promising at this point. Cant wait to see what goes down. Can you imagine if he ends up in TNA. If Jericho, in addition to Sting, Angle, Jarrett, Kevin Nash, Raven, Rhino Christian etc. is not enough to give Spike confidence to get TNA 2 hours nothing will. Hopefully these big names bring in some viewers, so the next generation finally gets a break. TNA is holding back on pushing the younger guys so that they can get more people watching. Once they have that audience watch all the younger guys start to shine. TNA has so much going on business-wise right now, its so fkn exciting!!!!!

I would love to see Jericho in TNA, and it MIGHT happen but just because his video is playing on Impact doesn't mean he will.

I hope it lead's to some sort of angle. There are loads of dream matches I would love to see Jericho in. I think he's explored most of the possible matches available to him in WWE. Unfortunatley though I think he will sing and that will be the end of it.

Oddly enough a huge TNA logo is on Chris jericho's website of course promoting his appearance on imapact. Also though there is a WWE link on the bottom of his wbsite. weve heard this year that Jericho wanted to come back to the WWE, then why would he do business for TNA. Do you think this is the beginning of Jericho choosing TNA, or do you feel it's a one time deal or do you think he will be in the WWE either at the end of this year or the beginning of next.

Take this for what it is worth. Found it on wikipedia.

On the 12th of October, Chris Jericho stated in an interview with the British tabloid newspaper 'The Sun' that he will be making a series of appearances at TNA events in February of next year. Nothing else was stated by the former WWE champion, although he hinted that he may feud with Samoa Joe and Christian Cage.

so Jericho is coming to TNA?

Jericho vs. samoa Joe, would be great, as would a feud with Christian, and a Feuad With Angle, especially since jericho and Angle didn't really feud that much in wwe

attila said:
I was just about to bring that up. Nowhere does it say that he will be making an apperance live. They are simply playing his video. But the thing is, that can't be all. <b>Why would they just play a random clip of an old song if it leads to nothing greater. </b> Im confused by this shit!!! lol. Definately something to keep a careful eye on. Could be nothing, but could also be huge news. Imagine they play the clip and then have him appear live as a new addition to TNA at the conclusion of the video. I havn't read the spoilers but I imagine he wont be appearing live as we would of heard of it earlier. Maybe an announcement at the conclusion of the video??

They would do it to grab interest. First of all TNA probably does not want to pay the money for royalties to use major artists songs. Fozzy blows balls and probably would give the rights to use their music for relatively cheap, and TNA would grab that oppurtunity in order to say JERICHO so that they get people talking. That is the "it is just a stunt" theory.

Personally, I think (like you continued on to say) it will lead to something bigger. When Jericho first left WWE, that very week, he posted a TNA logo on his website on the front page with himself standing in front of it. They claimed he was just teasing, but to me all this points to him being interested in TNA. Just because he said recently he plans to return to WWE, didn't Angle say the same thing in a letter on his website, even saying he wanted to take McMahon out to coffee and seemingly swearing allegiance to WWE. Anything goes in the wrestling industry and words aren't promises they are just what wrestlers say to get people interested.

Personally, I think Jericho and any other wrestler of his calibur would jump at the chance to join TNA right now because they are guaranteed a large amount of the spotlight. I don't find Jericho to be completely selfish but I do think he would like to be back in the title scene if he returned to a promotion, and he probably wouldn't get that chance if he returned to WWE. But with Jarret and Angle in TNA, it may take him a while to get his shot in TNA too, but TNA also provides him with loads of free time to tour with Fozzy, the biggest reason he left WWE in the first place.

I read the spoilers and it doesnt have Chris Jericho any place. Maybe he will come at TNA 2 hour prime time debut?

sevastra said:

On the 12th of October, Chris Jericho stated in an interview with the British tabloid newspaper 'The Sun' that he will be making a series of appearances at TNA events in February of next year. Nothing else was stated by the former WWE champion, although he hinted that he may feud with Samoa Joe and Christian Cage.

Couldn't find that anywhere on his page on wikipedia, nor can I find evidence that was ever even said or he even talked to them on that date. So it was most likely some TNA mark screwing with the page and is bogus unless you can provdie a link(which you should always do) to prove otherwise.

justinsayne said:
so Jericho is coming to TNA?

Jericho vs. samoa Joe, would be great, as would a feud with Christian, and a Feuad With Angle, especially since jericho and Angle didn't really feud that much in wwe

Slow down, unless the other guy can provide proof that was ever said, it look like it was bogus. I googled him and found nothing, I searched on the suns page and sqwat.

sevastra said:

Sevastra you are yet to give me any reason to believe you talk shit and its not hard to believe anyway. Just wanted to see it for myself - any possibility you can remember exactly where you saw that? Simply hoping for a link so I can read it too.

BTW if this goes down, in the words of Peter Griffin, it will be friggin sweet!!! lol.

On the 12th of October, Chris Jericho stated in an interview with the British tabloid newspaper 'The Sun' that he will be making a series of appearances at TNA events in February of next year. Nothing else was stated by the former WWE champion, although he hinted that he may feud with Samoa Joe.

I found it. Look up "Chris Jericho" On wikipedia.

I wouldnt take The Sun Seriously, its a British Tabloid, they pretty much make their money off of prining lies. Although I wouldnt count Jericho out of TNA at all. Obviously playing at an Impact taping is going to give him some sort of relationship with the company. Along with that, alot of if Jericho would work for TNA will probably have to do with how Angle does. If Angle does well, its going to make him think that he could work there, along with Sting they will have a huge Main Event Scene that could easily incorporate Jericho. In short I could definately see it happening.

St Jonny said:
I wouldnt take The Sun Seriously, its a British Tabloid, they pretty much make their money off of prining lies. Although I wouldnt count Jericho out of TNA at all. Obviously playing at an Impact taping is going to give him some sort of relationship with the company.

It has never been said that he is playing live, or even having direct interaction with the show. It has been said that a music video will air. The music video is for a song called Enemy, to which he has already made a music video for. Which means it is likely they are taking that video and splicing TNA footage in with it. This is positive for Jericho because it gives Fozzy exposure, and positive for TNA because they get to catch peoples attention by saying they are working with Jericho, when in actuality they might not really be working with him just using a music video he already made.

I think it is completely possible that Jericho is considering TNA, but it is way too early to guess, and the details given by TNA are way too vague.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back