Jeff Hardy Regains the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
It's official.

Hardy beat Mr. Anderson tonight at Against All Odds in a ladder match, regaining the title he initially lost to Anderson back at the Genesis PPV.

Please keep all discussion about the match here, and remember to follow WZ Forum rules, especially regarding spam.

9a.jpg

9b.jpg

I'm disappointed in this decision. With Jeff Hardy's legal troubles still very much hanging over his head, you'd have figured that the TNA brass would have learned their lesson. I know it's still several weeks before Hardy is due back in court, where I'm assuming his attorneys will pitch another plea bargain at the judge, so why not just keep the title on Anderson until Hardy is ultimately able to get his ducks in a row? If Hardy winds up having to serve some jail time, which is likely given North Carolina's strict drug laws, TNA will just wind up taking the title off him again anyway. Lousy booking decision here in my opinion.

It was pretty much a lame duck run for Anderson from the very beginning. I noticed that Anderson really hasn't looked like a strong champion, yet he hasn't garnered the criticism that The Miz has gotten. That being said, I like Anderson, I think he's a bit overrated, but I do like the guy. It's just disappointing to see Anderson's run wind up so brief and altogether lackluster.

I'm disappointed in this decision. With Jeff Hardy's legal troubles still very much hanging over his head, you'd have figured that the TNA brass would have learned their lesson. I know it's still several weeks before Hardy is due back in court, where I'm assuming his attorneys will pitch another plea bargain at the judge, so why not just keep the title on Anderson until Hardy is ultimately able to get his ducks in a row? If Hardy winds up having to serve some jail time, which is likely given North Carolina's strict drug laws, TNA will just wind up taking the title off him again anyway. Lousy booking decision here in my opinion.

It was pretty much a lame duck run for Anderson from the very beginning. I noticed that Anderson really hasn't looked like a strong champion, yet he hasn't garnered the criticism that The Miz has gotten. That being said, I like Anderson, I think he's a bit overrated, but I do like the guy. It's just disappointing to see Anderson's run wind up so brief and altogether lackluster.

Pretty much. I wouldn't give a rat's ass about his run if this wasn't his very first World Title run. Kind of sucks for the guy that he had to carry Hardy's belt, win the title out of necessity and then lose it the same way.

As far as Hardy winning, I agree that it's a disappointing decision, but it had to be done. Like I said in the other thread, Immortal had to bring that belt back and no other member of Immortal could possibly become the World Champion. Matt Hardy? Gunner? Murphy? Rob Terry? Jeff Jarrett?

The only way was to turn Mr.Anderson heel tonight, and I'm not too sure that this would've made much sense, but after watching AAO ... TNA doesn't really care about that, do they?

I as well feel bad for Kennedy its like TNA has no confidence in him as their world champion...but hopefully this will lead to a AJ Styles vs. Jeff Hardy feud with Styles winning the belt...I just dont buy Hardy as a world champion...to me he doesnt have that world champion cache.

I knew this was going to happen.
to start maybe Anderson had Hardy's belt the entire time because it was all planned he would win it back. word is a new title belt is/was being made, so I don't think this run will be as long.
I also really don't think the court case has any effect on whats happening, and that it has no effect on TNA. last I read Hardy was going to please guilty to a lesser charge and receive no jail time. fans shouldn't care whats going on in Hardy's personal life. I admit I don't know the entire story, but smoking weed is so not a big deal. take a poll amongst young people and a large % of them will smoke weed.
since Fortune turned on Immortal, they took the X division belt and tag team belts with them. Immortal needed a belt. there's Abyss, but I guess he's story line hurt and out.
maybe this also feuds Hardy with Styles.

It all feels weird. It seems like Anderson dropped it too soon. It really feels like a last minute decision too. I think they are gonna have Jeff Hardy feud with AJ. I believe AJ will take the title from him.

Jeff might be a champion of the transitional sorts, this time around. If anything, this really pushed Anderson down. Technically, Hardy even won clean. Anderson has had some weird help in his matches with Hardy, namely Fourtune, and hasn't really been beating Jeff very soundly.

I think if anything was accomplished, it was making Anderson look like shit.

SpecialFNK, smoking weed might not be a big deal, but Hardy wasn't charged with weed. He was charged with possession of cocaine, prescription painkillers that he did not have a prescription for, and drug paraphernalia. THAT is a big deal. Pleading guilty and getting no jail time is only going to be a stopgap measure until he does it again. This SHOULD have an effect on TNA. How do you think Russo and Bischoff will spin Jeff Hardy getting busted again, only next time maybe right INSIDE the Impact Zone?

And they want to make him the top man in the company. Go figure.

I didn't know it was cocaine. I've only seen people say Hardy was a pot head. figured it was just weed which technically is illegal.
regardless of what level of celebrity status wrestling would be, Hardy is a celebrity. I think that plays a part. not many celebrities get the same deal as a regular person right or wrong.
as long as Hardy is making money and bringing ratings I don't think TNA will care.

OH MY GOD... OH. OH. OHOH OH. OH. OH MY GOD!!!!

LOL!!!! This is amazing BOOKING!!!!! And Perfect for TNA Creative!!! First we are going to Book Anderson to look like he is an unstoppable monster by having him kick out of a finisher (while having head trama) from Matt Morgan (The DNA of TNA) and then have him catch him in a cradle, Follow that DIRECTLY with him going toe to toe with the Champ Jeff Hardy Kick out of 3-4 finishers just to catch Hardy with ONE to pin him. Barely showcase him on TV and when you do make him look average... Follow that up with Jeff Hardy getting the title back a MONTH later CLEAN!!!!

So they have a drug head as their champ (not an opinion look at the youtube videos this man has posted) Last month they booked Anderson like he was on PCP.. So apparently what I'm getting from their product is they REALLY like drugs...

All ribbing aside this was a big mistake from the serious points I made up top all they really did was hurt hardy at the last pay-per-view along with Morgan... Followed up with a botched finish in which you give Hardy the title back...

Now I'm going to do something I never do.. I'm going to defend TNA creative a little. Just a little. As the Finish that played out HURT Anderson... However IF the original plan was for Hardy to tear it down as he and Anderson were falling off the Ladder then that would have been acceptable if it would have played out that way. Though your still making Anderson's reign look like shit he at least still keeps some credibility as it looks like Hardy won by a fluke.

HOWEVER! TNA's Champion botched the finish (at least I hope) as if what went down was supposed to happen then you built a guy up in a stupid way just to tear him back down the next month (which is beyond a waste of time) and that makes no logical sense what so ever... I really wish TNA would stop failing but I have a better odds of another company starting up and actually being competent..

Im upset with TNA putting the title on Jeff with his ongoing issues as well but this can be good... Hear me out, maybe TNA wants to put the title on AJ Styles which is why they had Jeff win so Aj could feud with hardy for a month or two. Tna got its highest fan appreciation with Aj as champ and maybe they finally realized that. BUT knowing TNA they will probably mess this up and end up giving Hardy a 3-5 month reign :disappointed:

If all the legal issues are out of the way, I can see where this is a good idea, Hardy is fucking over, even as a heel He is the better guy to have the belt fan wise.

But If the legal shit ain't over then I have no idea why they made this move. If he ends up going to jail, how's it look for both the title (seeing it will exchange hands again) and also the company having their champion go to jail. They would of been better off leaving the belt off of him until it was know for sure the cahrges would be dropped.

Hrm. Yet another TNA PPV where the heels end up winning all the high-profile matches. I know I saw this kind of booking in some other company, I wish I could remember how it worked out for them....

For people whose interest is solely what's on television, and don't believe in a world where people are responsible for their own actions and judged by them, Jeff Hardy is a great choice for champion. For people who were raised properly by their parents and have a moral conscience, this is an embarrassment waiting to happen. Jeff is eventually going to plead guilty to drug-related felonies. (No, TNA faithful, if he gets a suspended sentence and probation, that doesn't make it OK since he didn't get any actual jail time.) I used to say that TNA would get bad press over having their champion convicted for felonies while holding the belt, but now I think that no one's going to give a shit besides TNA fans, most of whom would look at a plotline involving Jeffery Dahmer's embalmed corpse as an intriguing story development that the PGWWE fans just don't get.

This may be a bit left of centre but what if TNA has decided that if Jeff doesn't do jail time then he continues as champion as usual BUT if he does do jail time, they cut some angle that he hands the championship to Matt? Gives him a lot of heat and jump starts his illustrious TNA career.

I mean I'm no massive TNA fan and Matt did get done by RVD, but it could be a interesting angle. Although at the same time I couldnt really care less what happens in TNA.

My opinion on this is that TNA have given Hardy the title back so that he can feud with Styles to further the Immortal v Fortune rivalry, which makes sense but sucks for Mr Anderson, who has basically been fucked over here.

With Immortal feuding with Fortune, it is logical for their 2 main wrestlers- Styles and Hardy to be fighting for the title, rather than Immortal's main main feuding with someone who is not involved in the faction war. But still, you have just pushed Anderson to the moon and given him his first title reign, and because of a last minute decision to break Fortune away from Immortal, Anderson gets the short stick. Harsh

TNA had a great chance to make Anderson into a big star, and someone who could remain as a figurehead of TNA for years, yet they give him a bullshit title reign. Hopefully this doesnt affect Anderson's career too bad, and I hope he doesnt become another Samoa Joe, who completely lost his way after his pointless title reign.

Just another example of TNA's shortsighted booking. Hardy still has his court issues who could neccesitate another title change. Juat what we have come to expect from TNA who have now decided that Anderson can be pinned by 1 finisher, and doesnt need about 5 to stay down.

This was obviously gonna happen soon, why else would they have Anderson continue to wear Jeff Hardy's title belt if it wasn't?

I really like the idea of having Jeff Hardy feud with AJ Styles now, dont let AD get the title belt at the next PPV, but, the one after that, should be the time where the face of TNA gets the belt back, and gets rid of that god awful looking belt that Hardy carries.

:wtf:
WHY THE HELL IS JEFF HARDY TNA CHAMP AGAIN HE IS MORE OF A CHUMP THAN A CHAMP HOW ABOUT SOMEONE LIKE CRIMSON OR SCOTT GIVEN A BOOST FOR ONCE JUST LOOK AT WWE AND WHEN THEY FINALLY GAVE KANE IS RECENT BOOST I WAS GLUED TO SMACKDOWN LIKE HOW I USE 2 BE WHEN THE ROCK AND STONE COLD WAS AROUND AND I REALLY HOPE THAT WE SEE STING BACK IN TNA SOON AS IT WILL DESTROY IS LEGEND IF HE WENT 2 WWE AS HE IS THE ONLY WCW MAIN EVENTER WHO HASNT BEEN 2 WWE

THE PUNK HAS SPOKEN !!!!

Seems kinda logical seeing as Anderson isn't with Fortune or Immortal and for Hardy being in Immortal to fued with a guy who isn't in Fortune seems a bit strange to me (even if Anderson 'took' Hardy's belt from him)

Styles is essentially the leader of Fortune (While Flair's away) so it would seem logical for him to fued with the new champ in Hardy and they can always put the belt on Styles if Hardy's court case gets a little iffy

But still, you have just pushed Anderson to the moon and given him his first title reign, and because of a last minute decision to break Fortune away from Immortal, Anderson gets the short stick. Harsh

TNA had a great chance to make Anderson into a big star, and someone who could remain as a figurehead of TNA for years, yet they give him a bullshit title reign. Hopefully this doesn’t affect Anderson's career too bad, and I hope he doesn’t become another Samoa Joe, who completely lost his way after his pointless title reign.

Natural makes a ton of sense. I really hope that this ^ is not the case. I don't think that losing the TNA World Title will mean disaster for Ken Anderson. If handled correctly, this could be great for Anderson. Steve Austin did some of his greatest work when he was pursuing the WWF title and constantly being screwed over by Vince. TNA could make Anderson the ultimate bad guy face by doing a similar storyline.

I know some of you are having a stroke because I just mentioned Stone Cold in a Ken Anderson post. How dare I compare Ken Anderson to Steve Austin! RELAX! I'm just suggesting a possibility. I will give TNA the benefit of the doubt on this title change. Maybe they have a good plan for this one.

I think that the belt ultimately had to get back to Hardy. Legal troubles withstanding, Jeff Hardy is the wrestling identity of Immortal. He is their crown jewel. For this faction to succeed and draw fans, Hardy should be in the World Title picture. What would be the best for TNA is a long and bloody feud between Hardy and Anderson over the World Title. Develop the rivalry and see it through.

I want to see TNA stick with this rivalry and not scrap it for another one. The will be plenty of time for Hardy/AJ, Hardy/RVD, Hardy/Morgan.......etc.

:wtf:
WHY THE HELL IS JEFF HARDY TNA CHAMP AGAIN HE IS MORE OF A CHUMP THAN A CHAMP HOW ABOUT SOMEONE LIKE CRIMSON OR SCOTT GIVEN A BOOST FOR ONCE JUST LOOK AT WWE AND WHEN THEY FINALLY GAVE KANE IS RECENT BOOST I WAS GLUED TO SMACKDOWN LIKE HOW I USE 2 BE WHEN THE ROCK AND STONE COLD WAS AROUND AND I REALLY HOPE THAT WE SEE STING BACK IN TNA SOON AS IT WILL DESTROY IS LEGEND IF HE WENT 2 WWE AS HE IS THE ONLY WCW MAIN EVENTER WHO HASNT BEEN 2 WWE

THE PUNK HAS SPOKEN !!!!

I can JUST about work out what you mean. Are you seriously suggesting TNA put the World Title on Crimson (a man who has barely wrestled since his debut, is an unknown to TNA fans) or Scott Steiner ahead of the leader of their faction AJ Styles or Jeff Hardy?

I didnt like the way Anderson lost the belt, but as he is a face it had to be to a heel in Jeff Hardy- and it now allows for all the focus to be on the Immortal v Fortune feud. Why would Anderson lose it to another face in Crimson/Steiner/Styles when he is in a bitter rivalry with Hardy?

It doesnt make any sense, and what the hell have Stone Cold, The Rock or Sting got to do with this thread?!

I won't speculate over what the future storylines might be because unlike most of you I do not see AJ Styles being the man to get rid of Immortal. I think that Fortune might actually lose their feud against Immortal. Oh WAIT! I'm speculating again. However what I would like to say is that if Hardy has sorted out his legal troubles then he should be the guy holding the belt.

As for the match itself, I liked it. Jeff Hardy is without doubt a master at ladder matches while Anderson has been known to perform well in gimmick matches and so there performance here did not come as a surprise. My only gripe however is that Hardy won in a rather clean manner. This has been Hardy's problem more or less ever since he turned heel. His victories over Morgan and Anderson were both clean and the only time Immortal interfered in his match Hardy actually lost the title. I cannot figure out what TNA are trying to do here. Heel champions are not supposed to win cleanly.

It made sense to put the title back on Hardy. This feud has run its course and what other heels are there for Anderson to feud with? Jarretts busy, Abyss is "injured". I dont think Hardy will feud with AJ Styles yet because Fourtune will probaly be in the Lethal Lockdown. He will probaly face RVD at Lockdown or maybe a threeway with RVD and Anderson.

They didn't seem to have a choice. Hardy was the only option. No one else in Immortal is on his "level". Fortune is way too stacked compared to them and correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't fortune hold the other belts? If Anderson would have kept it, Immortal wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

It was their best option at the end of the day.

It wasn't really surprising in any sense. Fortune holds all the other titles currently with the exception of the Television title which is held by Abyss, who is currently out due to Crimson, which by the way is there some rule about vacating the title if your out for so long isn't that why RVD lost the World Heavyweight title. Anyways, Hardy needed the win and the title cause otherwise it leaves Immortal with no power at all other than the fact of Bischoff's matchmaking.
However many of you are saying that this means we can see Hardy vs. Styles. While this match can turn out to be a classic and seeds have been planted already, there are 2 things to remember. Number 1 being that Anderson gets a rematch which for the love of god they need to save for the next ppv, and number 2 is that RVD is trying to get to Jeff Hardy hence why he fought Matt last night. That leaves 2 matches before Styles gets any chance of being involved.
Styles and Hardy need to have their storyline built up over time and end with a one on one match at Bound For Glory. It should be the headlining match at TNA's Wrestlemania type ppv. All I know is I'm hoping TNA doesn't drop the ball on this and that it gives a good buildup over the summer towards that match. In the meantime Hardy has Anderson and Van Dam to keep him busy for at least the next 2 months

Hrm. Yet another TNA PPV where the heels end up winning all the high-profile matches. I know I saw this kind of booking in some other company, I wish I could remember how it worked out for them....

For people whose interest is solely what's on television, and don't believe in a world where people are responsible for their own actions and judged by them, Jeff Hardy is a great choice for champion. For people who were raised properly by their parents and have a moral conscience, this is an embarrassment waiting to happen. Jeff is eventually going to plead guilty to drug-related felonies. (No, TNA faithful, if he gets a suspended sentence and probation, that doesn't make it OK since he didn't get any actual jail time.) I used to say that TNA would get bad press over having their champion convicted for felonies while holding the belt, but now I think that no one's going to give a shit besides TNA fans, most of whom would look at a plotline involving Jeffery Dahmer's embalmed corpse as an intriguing story development that the PGWWE fans just don't get.

you mean WCW, the wrestling company that was actually having better ratings than WWE. of course some could throw out that WCW ended, but that wasn't solely because of booking. there was an ownership change right from the top that did not want wrestling.

2 of the biggest factors are ratings and making money. if Hardy is helping with those I doubt TNA really cares about what image Jeff Hardy has, especially with kids when that's not TNA demographic.

as mentioned, if Anderson was to keep the belt, who would he have feuded with? he's been partnered with RVD. he's had matches with Morgan. Styles is now face again. what heels are there who would deserve a title shot? there are multiple guys that Hardy can feud with 2 being RVD and Styles.
this isn't the end of Anderson, I guarantee you he won't just go away and fade into obscurity.

I'm happy with this decision. Mr. Anderson never really felt like a true champion, but in a way, I do feel bad for the guy. I mean it was his first time with a Heavyweight Title. But this is the wrestling business, if management believes there is someone better to hold the title they'll take it off of said wrestler to put it on a better wrestler. Jeff Hardy was more interesting and entertianing. He kept me tuning in. I can't count how many times I've walked out of the room while Anderson was on my screen. I'm not trying to hate on Anderson but I did not like what I saw when he held the championship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back