• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jeff Hardy Going to Jail

All I'm going to say is that I hope all the idiots who were saying this was some sort of covert sting operation police conspiracy to punish a minor celebrity for a relatively minor offence for no reason are satisfied with his guilty plea.

Kevin Smith's defense of weed is all well and good, but it doesn't stop him creating two hour podcasts where he talks in length about how he wasn't upset by an article someone wrote about him.

I love he he goes on his Scoops McGee or Southworst rants, that shit is hilarious... & when it starts getting to the point where the funny is wearing off, I just hit the fastfoward button on my Ipod.

kevinsmith222.jpg

Research shows that marijuana users are less likely to be obese. Kinda ironic considering we get the munchies.

Yeah but eating kills the high. I know was a lot thinner when I smoked pot. I would get the munchies and shit but I would avoid eating so I didn't have to smoke again.

I plumped up like a motherfucker when I quit smoking though.

I don't think 10 days in jail would be enough time for him, Matt, or Kurt to piss clean...

They should have made his fine 1 Million dollars and avoided sending him to jail at all

That's what I was saying before my second post that got all off track.

10 days is a fucking joke...I think anything under 60 days for someone over the age for a sentencing is ridiculously.

Was this a trial, or just some sort of hearing? If this was a fucking trial it's even worse. Like I said, tax payers are paying money to keep that guy in jail...for 10 days. 10 days will do NOTHING to him, it's pointless putting a guy in jail for ten days. Like I said before, it's also stupid when they sentence somebody to 200 years, it's pretty much a slap to the face of the defendant.

Regardless of Hardy being a celebrity, the justice system in the United States is fucked up to the core. You get some good judges, and some bad judges. I hate to use this as an example, and please consider this example loosely, but when the Pirates got screwed out of that win back in the Summer, it was because the referees/umpires/judges were tired...and they just wanted to go home. They didn't care about who they just screwed or what the impacts could have been.

Now they're both human beings, the same human beings that are on the jury and being a judge. What makes you think they don't "get tired and want to go home", Jury members especially. I mean yeah, they take an oath...but so do the referees and umpires. Oaths don't mean jack shit when it comes down to the real person, and unless they are caught lying, that jury member really isn't going to give a fuck if some innocent man goes to jail.

Same goes for when a guilty man gets off easy. I'm not saying Jeff was guilty or innocent, or if the judge actually didn't care what happened, but what I'm trying to say is plain and simple, the justice system is fucked up.

That's what I was saying before my second post that got all off track.

10 days is a fucking joke...I think anything under 60 days for someone over the age for a sentencing is ridiculously.

Was this a trial, or just some sort of hearing? If this was a fucking trial it's even worse. Like I said, tax payers are paying money to keep that guy in jail...for 10 days. 10 days will do NOTHING to him, it's pointless putting a guy in jail for ten days. Like I said before, it's also stupid when they sentence somebody to 200 years, it's pretty much a slap to the face of the defendant.

Regardless of Hardy being a celebrity, the justice system in the United States is fucked up to the core. You get some good judges, and some bad judges. I hate to use this as an example, and please consider this example loosely, but when the Pirates got screwed out of that win back in the Summer, it was because the referees/umpires/judges were tired...and they just wanted to go home. They didn't care about who they just screwed or what the impacts could have been.

Now they're both human beings, the same human beings that are on the jury and being a judge. What makes you think they don't "get tired and want to go home", Jury members especially. I mean yeah, they take an oath...but so do the referees and umpires. Oaths don't mean jack shit when it comes down to the real person, and unless they are caught lying, that jury member really isn't going to give a fuck if some innocent man goes to jail.

Same goes for when a guilty man gets off easy. I'm not saying Jeff was guilty or innocent, or if the judge actually didn't care what happened, but what I'm trying to say is plain and simple, the justice system is fucked up.
Ah, really. And a kid like you knows better. You got 100,000 bucks on you to pay for the fine? You sure you can go 30 days without breaking probation? Because clearly in a world were people kill for the sake of it, a pro wrestler who enjoys weed clearly deserves more attention and disciple. What fucked up system. Wake up, cops. Cut the junkies and fuck the gang violence. It's clearly not as important.

He's also paying a 100K fine. I don't think the tax payers will be over stretched to keep Jeff in prison.

Except that the judge didn't have much to do with Jeff submitting a plea bargain. Which means he pretty much agreed to serve 10 days in prison, pay a hundred grand, go to rehab and be put on parole for 2.5 years. The Judge pretty much had so say. Every thing seems in order. We'll give you your paraphenalia in ten days. Next!

There was no jury involved in the decision.

Legally, he was guilty. And yes it is.

Ah, really. And a kid like you knows better. You got 100,000 bucks on you to pay for the fine? You sure you can go 30 days without breaking probation? Because clearly in a world were people kill for the sake of it, a pro wrestler who enjoys weed clearly deserves more attention and disciple. What fucked up system. Wake up, cops. Cut the junkies and fuck the gang violence. It's clearly not as important.

I don't, and anyone in Jeff's situation wouldn't have that money plus more being that he's not famous. Hardy is a professional wrestler, I know they don't get paid like football players, but those guys aren't getting minimum wage either.

30 days is nothing for Jeff, as far as we know he cleaned up his act. Or at least isn't getting caught anymore.

You're saying the US justice system isn't corrupt? What a fucking joke. You're little thing at the end there, telling the cops to wake up and forget the criminals to help the justice system...

Cute and all, but it really didn't prove a point. Yeah police officers testify often in court, some lie, some tell the truth. But the way you put it, you act like it's the officers who are doing the evil. Yeah some departments are fucked up, but it's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the filthy rich judges who sit on their ass all day.

I'm glad Jeff only got ten days. The drug laws in this country are moronic and reflect a poor understanding of health and civics.

Here is a list of things more dangerous than weed that are permitted in the United States:

1. Alcohol
2. Cigarettes
3. Fast food
4. Driving
5. Climbing rocks
6. Religion

And a whole host of other shit that will make you stupid and or kill you.

Marijuana? Let me tell you what marijuana does to you. When you smoke it, yes, you get some of the negative effects of smoke in the lungs. It's not good for you. However, it's been demonstrated scientifically that smoking marijuana does not increase your risk for lung cancer, while tobacco smoking will do so about 20 times. It's not nearly as addictive as alcohol or nicotine. Gateway drug? Learn something about cause and effect. Smoking marijuana doesn't make you do hard drugs. Hanging out with shitty people in a shitty environment makes you do hard drugs. Marijuana is only linked coincidentally. Study shows that weed actually makes you smarter in light to moderate amounts (wrap your mind around that) but will decrease your IQ, on average, for heavy users (as in daily, multiple joints, etc). In fact very heavy use has pretty shitty effects on your brain, so it's a good idea to avoid that. Smoking on the weekends or a couple of times a week won't do it to you. There are some non acute effects on short term memory. Whatever. Alcohol wrecks your liver, makes you stupid, and inclines you to violence and drunk driving. Cigarettes give you cancer. Fast food will give you a heart attack. The list goes on. Weed's health risks are barely more severe than caffeine.

But health isn't even an issue here. Well, it is, but it shouldn't be. What people put into their own bodies on their own time is no business of the government or the law. Everything should be legal. Want to shoot up heroin? Be my guest. Snort some cocaine? Go for it. It's your shit, your problem. The government doesn't have a right to interfere with individual liberty, except to protect the liberties of the population in general.

So overall? Good for Jeff. I wish he got no time. Maybe he only got it because he's got a pricey lawyer. But he fought a bunch of stupid laws and he won. Good for him.

Here is a list of things more dangerous than weed that are permitted in the United States:

1. Alcohol
2. Cigarettes
3. Fast food
4. Driving
5. Climbing rocks
6. Religion
Can't wait until that guy shows up.

I agree with everything Harthan said, except the end where he said people can shoot up heroin or snort cocaine if they want to. I agree, it's your body and if you stay inside your own house and don't come out when you're high as a kite.

If you're going out and endangering others with your habits, that's when it becomes a problem to me. And Religion hands down influences so many people to do so many stupid things. I'm fine, everyone can have any faith they like, but those stupid cults where they have mass suicides is fucked up. Plus, terrorism is also based a lot on religion.

Back in the 16-1800s though, it was even worse. The stupid shit they did over religion is unbelievable.

I'm sure your mental ******ation endangers people regularly. Would you have yourself confined to your house as well?

I agree with everything Harthan said, except the end where he said people can shoot up heroin or snort cocaine if they want to. I agree, it's your body and if you stay inside your own house and don't come out when you're high as a kite.

If you're going out and endangering others with your habits, that's when it becomes a problem to me.

The murder, assault, theft, or whatever that might result from being high, drunk, or what have you, should be crimes. Being high shouldn't be.

The murder, assault, theft, or whatever that might result from being high, drunk, or what have you, should be crimes. Being high shouldn't be.

I suppose with that logic it makes sense, but if it's being high that causes those people to do those crimes, they should eliminate the cause itself.

If Jeff Hardy can get clean and go back to being respectable like he was back in the early 00's, I'd have no problem giving him a second chance as an actual person, where as I respect him. Never was all that drawn to him as a performer but I could always see people loved him for whatever reason, but Jeff getting clean would be the main thing I have with any of this. Dude needs to do it for his own sake.

Everything should be legal.

No it damn well shouldn't. I agree that mandatory sentences for drugs but not murder are ******ed. I agree that weed is treated way more seriously than it should be and I don't care one way or the other if it's legal or not. But I do not and never will agree that Heroin and Methotrexate should be as available as Vodka.

Want to shoot up Heroin? Be my guest. Snort some cocaine? Go for it. It's your shit, your problem.

Here's where the problem sets in. Because when you're dealing with serious shit "your problem" very quickly becomes the Government's problem. Both because they're going to be taking the flak from the media about every overdose (See also: The reason mephedrone is now illegal in the UK and Cannabis got moved up to a class B drug) and they're going to be picking up the tab to try and prevent people from killing themselves on legal things.

There are considerably better ways to handle drugs than the way America does now. But legalising everything isn't it. If anything I'd do what they do in Switzerland and allow addicts to recieve heavy drugs in safe, controlled cercumstances under the supervision of healthcare professionals. I'm all for harm reduction when it comes to drugs.

The government doesn't have a right to interfere with individual liberty, except to protect the liberties of the population in general.

Tell me whose liberties are being protected by forcing all drivers to own a lisence, pass a test and have insurance? Everybody should have the right to drive a car without insurance. Their car, their problems. Whose liberties are being protected by setting emission standards on cars? Anybody should be allowed to drive a car of their choosing regardless of what comes out of it. If they want a car that has lower emmissions they can buy one. Whose liberties are being protected by setting a minimum drinking age? Anybody should be allowed to drink whatever they want. Their shit, their problems. Whose liberties are being protected by setting health and safety guidelines for wiring in a house? If somebody wants to pay less for a less safe house then they should be free to do that. Their house, their problem.

And aside from that, do you have any idea how insanely regulated the pharmaceutical industry (which does produce and sell vast quantities of Heroin) is? I'll put it this way, there is no free market. Not even close. If you try to make it a free market, people will die (believe me, the tests done to ensure a medicine's safety are stringent and expensive if they didn't have to do them, they wouldn't), the buisness models of multinational corporations will become impossible to sustain (their entire profit comes from products that are patented. For it to be a truely free market ecconomy, that won't be kosher so other companies can sell the drug too without having to pass on the cost of research), there will be no research done by multinational corporations (it wouldn't be affordable) and the industry would stagnate. Now sure, their diamorphine (Heroin) ampoules would become profitable but what do you think is more important, research on finding better drugs or the everyone's right to Heroin?

I don't, and anyone in Jeff's situation wouldn't have that money plus more being that he's not famous. Hardy is a professional wrestler, I know they don't get paid like football players, but those guys aren't getting minimum wage either.

30 days is nothing for Jeff, as far as we know he cleaned up his act. Or at least isn't getting caught anymore.

You're saying the US justice system isn't corrupt? What a fucking joke. You're little thing at the end there, telling the cops to wake up and forget the criminals to help the justice system...

Cute and all, but it really didn't prove a point. Yeah police officers testify often in court, some lie, some tell the truth. But the way you put it, you act like it's the officers who are doing the evil. Yeah some departments are fucked up, but it's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the filthy rich judges who sit on their ass all day.
You're the one pitting the corruption of the legal system on the fact that one guy who got caught with some drugs only got 10 days of jail and a 10k fine. If that's all you have, go be ignorant somewhere else.

I'm glad Jeff only got ten days. The drug laws in this country are moronic and reflect a poor understanding of health and civics.

1. Alcohol
2. Cigarettes
3. Fast food
4. Driving
5. Climbing rocks
6. Religion
OK. But that's you guys over there.

Edit: Man, what a colossal idiot am I. Maybe I should be checking my reading comprehension, sorry about that.

OK. But that's you guys over there.

World's Fattest Countries

Not that I'm denying that the US is the world's fattest industrialized nation, but you can see that other countries have disturbingly high rates of obesity as well (fast food being, of course, a major contributor to obesity).

Not really what "over there" means since your listed location is Puerto Rico, which, the last time I checked, was part of the United States. Or its "extended family" so to speak, if you prefer.

I'm disparaging the legal system because it makes drugs a crime at all, not because it let Jeff Hardy off with a light sentence. I want more people to have Jeff's sentence. I want people to have no sentences at all for this "crime". Perhaps you might take your poor reading comprehension somewhere else?

He was responding to me there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back