Jeff and Karen Jarrett Are. Back? TNA/GFW Invasion/Takeover Looming?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
CIT9W6dWEAArJ_r.jpg

Hard to say.

The promo spent more time pumping up their “future” by dropping GFW by name about a dozen times, while referring to TNA as “the past” and being “in the rear view mirror”. On the surface, it appears that this is Jarrett returning to “go out on his terms” by competing in his match—the King of the Mountain match—this Sunday at Slammiversary, marking the 13th anniversary of the company. But is that really all theres is to this? Because the rumors say otherwise. The rumors say things like Jeff is taking a controlling stake in TNA again. They say things like GFW and TNA will merge, or somehow exist on the same wavelength. They say things like he may have bought back his company.

I guess it boils down to the type of person you are — the pragmatists and pessimists probably see this as another “major announcement” hyped up to be more than it is/was. The dreamers and the optimists are probably reading between the lines looking for signs of hope of something much, much greater.

[YOUTUBE]gvFCvl35ZqM[/YOUTUBE]

Let’s keep it all in here!

He's SO bought the company. Either that or he's got some awesome free publicity for GFW for nothing. I mean, if GFW gets a TV deal, and TNA keeps theirs, and they're separate entities, who shop in the exact same market for talent. TNA promoting GFW makes no sense unless this has happened. Then there's the comebacks, the green X Division belt. It's on.

I would love to think that Jarrett bought the company back for pennies on the dollar, but without seeing the promo, I'm not sure. It could be an olive branch from TNA to make up for him getting muscled out, it could be a sincere cooperation, or, as stated, it could be a merger.

No matter what it is, it certainly moves the needle a bit, and we all know GFW and TNA both need all the help they can get.

He bought the company (I feel) - I can see him winning King of the Mountain and then using it as away to takeover TNA (for storyline purposes) - some talk within the IWC that some are thinking that he could pull a kind of NWO invasion angle

He bought the company (I feel) - I can see him winning King of the Mountain and then using it as away to takeover TNA (for storyline purposes) - some talk within the IWC that some are thinking that he could pull a kind of NWO invasion angle

This.

I can easily see him winning it and using the victory to unveil his control of TNA, leading to a possible merger or even the dissolution of TNA to be replaced by the GFW brand. A new start so to speak.

I didn't see Jarrett come back.

I'm pretty negative on TNA.

But I looked at the site this morning, and saw that Jarrett popped up on Impact, and was ready to lose my shit.

then I read it--he's back for a match at Slammiversary.

This feels like TNA missing again, making a nothing out of a potential something. Jarrett built this company, he got screwed out of it by Dixie, who has run it off of Spike and into the ground. That's a story, folks. Former WCW World Champion coming back for yet another One Last Match? Yawn.

But I looked at the site this morning, and saw that Jarrett popped up on Impact, and was ready to lose my shit.

This feels like TNA missing again, making a nothing out of a potential something. Jarrett built this company, he got screwed out of it by Dixie, who has run it off of Spike and into the ground. That's a story, folks. Former WCW World Champion coming back for yet another One Last Match? Yawn.

I think you fail to see the big picture. If Jarrett has brought the company then it opens up a lot of possibilities to include an invasion angle which TNA loves. I actually think TNA is greatly improved and putting out a good product lately. They just need to trim some of the useless fat like Chrissy Hemmey and bring in a few fresh faces. The fresh young announce team is doing great work. TNA is on the rise.............

Well, no. Read the thread. That's what we know right now, but the rumors swirling indicate something much, much larger — a potential merger between GFW and TNA, and/or Jarrett re-purchasing a majority stake in the company again. Jarrett even said himself in the promo (watch it) that he can only reveal what he can now, and that more details about why he's back in TNA will come at a later date.

Part of me wonders if this isn't an act of desperation on the part of both companies. I don't mean that in a negative way, only that the future of both companies are alleged to be pretty foggy, if reports are to be believed, and this strikes me as something of a Hail Mary. We know there've been various reports of TNA's financial situation being a wee bit less than healthy the past few years and IF recent reports are true, then GFW isn't doing to hot right now either. I read a report yesterday stating that the GFW shows are selling only about 350-500 tickets, that talent payouts are said to be much lower than expected/hoped and that the future's looking pretty grim for the rest of the shows left on their current tour.

I might be completely wrong, and hope I am as I genuinely don't want to see either company go out of business. I just get the notion that, as others mentioned, that both companies are sort of trying to put their eggs in the basket of some sort of big invasion angle/crossover between TNA and GFW in the hopes of generating renewed interest for TNA and helping GFW get off the ground.

I think this is just a one off match. Dixie probably read the term "cross-promotion" on Twitter and emailed Jeff to ask what that meant. Jarrett went to his local library and when he got on the computer to check his AOL account he noticed the email from Dixie in his SPAM folder and came up with the brilliant idea to convince Dixie to give him air time to promote GFW and in exchange he would save the King of the Mountain match by competing in it for free. Dixie heard "free" and thought how proud her daddy would be of her for not spending all of her allowance this month.

The Global Force is emerging. The September cancelation of Impact is only partially true. Impact will be rebranded as GFW TV. This will happen after The Bullet Club aids Jarrett in taking over TNA. In a three hour Iron Man match, at BFG, TNA Champ Kurt Angle will take on IWGP AJ Styles thus crowing a Global HWC. New Japan will then win their title back at the '16 Tokyo Dome Show. Along the way GFW will eat up other promotions before moving onto challenge the E.

The Global Force is emerging. The September cancelation of Impact is only partially true. Impact will be rebranded as GFW TV. This will happen after The Bullet Club aids Jarrett in taking over TNA. In a three hour Iron Man match, at BFG, TNA Champ Kurt Angle will take on IWGP AJ Styles thus crowing a Global HWC. New Japan will then win their title back at the '16 Tokyo Dome Show. Along the way GFW will eat up other promotions before moving onto challenge the E.

THIS would be awesome!!! I'd watch. Well I already watch, but I would really watch this. haha

According to The Wrestling Observer, following his return on Impact Wrestling last night, Jeff Jarrett is expected to be around TNA a lot more following this Sunday’s Slammiversary PPV.

As noted, there is talk that Jarrett’s return could be leading up to a TNA Hall of Fame induction, and while not confirmed, TNA might run some sort of invasion angle with Global Force Wrestling.

This from the main page.

Again, the dreamer in me hopes and hopes for some grandiose plan to pit GFW as an invading army backing the King (of the Mountain)'s claim to his former throne, like a wrestling version of Game of Thrones. The ultimate pay off being a "Global Force" takeover and re-brand of the existing TNA product. Effectively getting GFW "their" television deal on Destination America, while absorbing a greater roster in the process and re-branding and re-charging the old TNA brand as GFW to rekindle any advertising fires that have been mostly smoke to date because of the reportedly unwillingness of dollars to be forked over to a company perceived as tits n' ass.

The pragmatist in me keeps reminding me "he said one match".

The war internal wages on eternally.

It might be impossible with the taping schedule and timing issues but it would be sweet to see ECIII take win the title and then switch his alliance to the GFW. This would signfy handing the strap to Jarrett/GFW and we get a "Carter" taking a dump on TNA.

Based on what exactly? It looks like you are playing booker and offering it as you knowing what is gonna happen. If there is some type of article stating this please let me know because I am pretty sure that this won't happen.

No one knows what is going to happen but the optimist in me wants something amazing to happen. I'm hoping there is more than just a one match payoff due to some of the things said but at the end of the day this is still TNA so who knows.

Bullet Club at Slammiversary seems very unlikely. I don't think New Japan would be happy with members of their roster showing up in TNA (who they do not like at all).

Bullet Club at Slammiversary seems very unlikely. I don't think New Japan would be happy with members of their roster showing up in TNA (who they do not like at all).

Says the guy in a thread about Jeff and Karen Jarrett returning to TNA.

What's that industry saying again — "never say never"?

A week ago you could have slightly reworked your sentence to reference the Jarretts and been correct.

Says the guy in a thread about Jeff and Karen Jarrett returning to TNA.

What's that industry saying again — "never say never"?

A week ago you could have slightly reworked your sentence to reference the Jarretts and been correct.

Well New Japan gains absolutely zero from this, so it's particularly unlikely
Plus, I'm looking up further and most of The Bullet Club will be in Japan this weekend (there's a show in Korakuen Hall)

I agree it's unlikely. The realist in me keeps reminding the dreamer to come back to reality.

I'm just saying, never say never.

If Jarrett brought TNA and is planning to merge, then we could well see Bullet Club on TNA shows cos of that, but I doubt it for this one. Actually, I have a horrible feeling there will be a "Bullet Club" presence this Sunday, but it will be from somebody like Scott D'Amore. I hope not

My other worry - and this extends to Bullet Club in GFW too, looking past any potential invasion stuff - is that the Bullet Club gimmick is only truly relevant infront of Japanese audience, bringing their brash American style there to ruffle feathers. Not sure how this works in the States (besides the massively clued-up ROH fanbase of course)

Just to throw some more gas on the fire, the main page is running this this morning:

The latest rumor going around – and again, this is totally unconfirmed but has been rumored from multiple sources – is that Jarrett was in talks with Destination America to take over TNA once again and re-brand the product as Global Force Wrestling to avoid the network cancelling Impact later this year.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/591...m_campaign=Feed:+Wrestlezonecom+(WRESTLEZONE)

This directly conflicts with what Taz said of the matter on his podcast (though I take anything Taz says with a pretty sizable grain of salt) — that from what he'd heard, DA didn't even know Jarrett would be on the show.

These waters are gonna remain muddy for a while, I presume.

Him taking back control would be a great move, I think. It seems Dixie can barely send an e-mail nevermind run a wrestling company.

Jeff would, at the very least, surround himself with smart people who know what they are doing. He already has that link to New Japan and maybe TNA/Impact can steal that partnership from ROH. Maybe TNA can take The Bullet Club which seems a possibility given some of them have worked for GFW. What about J.R on commentary? El Patron? Cornette as a manager? There is some interesting possibilities for sure.

I just can't imagine that TNA brought in Jarrett so they could induct him in to the Hall of Fame. He benefits from being in the HoF and gets to plug his wrestling company. Sure it got more people talking about TNA but it would then piss these same people off. It would merely add to the long list of things people dislike about TNA.

If Jarrett could take over TNA under the GFW banner but keep the show "impact wrestling" that would be ideal. His partnerships and relationships could then be used to move Impact into the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back