JBL: Stop Whining And Move On

LMaruko

OH MY GOD!! STONE COLD STUNNER!!
Ever since JBL had moved from Smackdown's announcer to RAW, he's been trying to involve himself with each world title match that graces the face of RAW.

I don't know about you, but frankly, I for one am getting tired of his little whiny speeches nearly every week, sputtering that he should be WHC or something along those lines (as in last night's sit-in). I believe that the WWE needs to find another spot for the Texas Loudmouth, instead of constantly trying to weasel his way into the World Title picture, because he has money, and money should equal power.

JBL was given many opportunities at the belt and lost each time. Sure, he may be Grade A Livestock for the WHC, but I think it is time to put the JBL title chase out to pasture and possibly do a mentor thing.

Better yet, JBL is a "whiz" with money and the stock market. Have him as a Flair figure with "Simply Priceless" and move in on the whole money gimmick and build DiBiase/Rhodes thing.

I agree, in my mind JBL has not once earned the right to face a world champion. OOO, he beat Finlay at Wrestlemania, wow. The WWE brass probably felt that that was enough to get him over to start maineventing again.

Let's see, every feud JBL has been in since his return he's pretty much gotton owned. JBL vs Jericho, I think Jericho's beaten him atleast three times and eliminated him from EC, JBL's one win was because Jericho snapped and DQ'd himself. JBL vs Cena, Cena again beat him lord knows how many times and eliminated him from fatal four way at Backlash. JBL's one win, a fluke cause he was able to push Cena into a windshield. JBL vs Punk, Punk wins all three times. And now JBL's going to start jobbing to Batista for a few matches.

I don't know why WWE wanted JBL back so much (probably because they were low on good heels at the time). True, he is talented on the mic and his character is able to get under peoples skin, but his matches are ok at best and nobody wants to see him hold the belt again. The only people he beats are jobbers on RAW and that's about it, save an occasional win in a tag or handicap, but as he saw a couple RAW's ago, the win didn't matter as he got speared by Batista after, win forgoten already. If WWE is trying to use him to help get people over, it's not really working either. His feud with Jericho was kindof flat and verse Cena, it gave Cena an oppenent that in no way shape or form the crowd would cheer over Cena, but Cena's done this to JBL before so it was nothing new. And by the time Punk rolled around, JBL had lost so many meaningful matches that Punk beating him meant nothing. JBL has become the new Mark Henry, a hated heel who doesn't win unless it's a squash match. This feud he's having with Batista, again, it's been done, and it will serve nothing more than to delay a Jericho/Batista feud and it will do nothing else for either character.

JBL desperatly needs a fraction if he wants to be taken serious again (much like the one he had during most of his WWE title run), because he can't do it on his own, and with Orton and Jericho seemingly already having their own little groups/fractions, I don't see there being one for JBL to have to. JBL I think it's time to hang the boots up again and return to the announcebooth. There may be a cushy spot waiting for you on SD. Hey, JR and JBL both wear cowboy hats, they'll be a perfect team.

JBL would be a much more effective figurehead for Raw.

He can have the toadies that he pushes over everyone else and screw the babyfaces each and every time. And he can still wrestle now and againfor the big money matches against said babyfaces.

Just having him wrestle full time is ineffective because the poor bloke has knackered up his body far too much for a full time schedule.

I think the problem was Orton re-injuring himself, apart from Kane there isn't many ME hells, hopefully when Orton returns full time JBL will take some time off.

Im fed up with batista getting title shot after title shot with the exception of summerslam i can't remember a ppv where batista has'nt had a title shot

Im fed up with batista getting title shot after title shot with the exception of summerslam i can't remember a ppv where batista has'nt had a title shot

I absolutely agree. I can't stand Batista persistently chasing the World title. The guy hasn't been able to win the title and yet he's still in the picture? All he gets are those #1 contender matches, wins, faces the Champion, loses and repeats that tedious cycle. What gives? They need to really put him in matches that don't involve the Championship.

As for JBL? Yeah, I'm tired of him also doing the same. Oh, I know! How about they pit him against Batista and they can feud for a year or something. That'll give them something to work with. JBL hasn't been impressive since his WWE Championship reign. He's like the heel counterpart of Batista. While he's good at his promos, the message is too repetitive. It's annoying and not because he's a heel.

Bradshaw has no reason to constantly be main eventing or in the world title chase. He's good on the mic and his gimmick is pretty disgusting and easy to hate, but as a wrestler, he's always been pretty average. I'm sure his pushes can be more attributed to his backstage connections rather than his in-ring talent, but that's the way the business goes.

Bradshaw should have never re-entered active competition. I think pretty much everyone agrees that his wrestling style is stale and boring. But he excelled as a colour commentator on SmackDown, he's the best colour commentator I've heard in a long time. At least he brought some passion to the job unlike certain others. I wish he'd stop hogging the spots of other, more talented wrestlers and return to where he was good, either as an announcer or possibly, a general manager. But to be in the upper-midcard/main event right now, at this stage in his career? Uh, no.

While JBL has the right to complain as much as he wants, as he is a heel and it's his job to get booed out of the building. He is fairly over as a heel as he is very easy to hate. Complaining about the World Heavyweight Title helps get him more over as a heel as people don't want to see him winning the title, much less being near it. But I do agree with him having too many title opportunities. He has challenged for the title at Backlash, SummerSlam and Unforgiven. 3 in a year isn't too bad but I think it is more than enough for JBL. I don't think he is worthy of the World Title. I still can't see what is so great about him.

I've never really been a big fan of JBL as I think he is fairly overrated by many. His mic skills are average. I find his promos rather boring and unentertaning. He has below average wrestling skills for a main eventer. He deserves to be an upper mid-carder at best. I find William Regal more entertaining than JBL is every way, shape and form. Regal can wrestle and can give good promos. I believe Regal and JBL should switch roles as I find Regal more entertaining both in the ring, and on the mic. I would still prefer if JBL was an announcer on Smackdown, rather than wrestling below average matches on Raw.

Raw already has decent heel main eventers in Randy Orton, Kane and Chris Jericho. William Regal is an upper mid-carder who is also a good heel. Rookies such as Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase Jr are becoming good heels in a short amount of time. I find JBL very repetitive and boring. I do not want to see him win the World Title again. His first and only reign as the WWE Champ was decent only because it was booked very good. So you're right, JBL should stop whining and move on... to the mid-card level, where he should be.

Well I suppose JBL becoming the "mentor" of Priceless would be pretty fitting indeed, however since they apparently have an alliance with Orton upcoming in that "generations"-type of stable, I don't see it happening. But agreed, he definitely needs a faction, and he definitely needs to be OUT of the title picture. The only matches with JBL that are watchable are those Backstage Brawl / Street Fight type of matches which serve as attraction enough to make you overlook his not exactly stellar in-ring capabilities. Plus, Jiggly Boobs is just painful to look at. Why doesn't he at least try to get into some type of shape before getting back into the ring?!

In any case, I agree with most points made here... both him and Batista could do with a little time out of the title picture, and instead put on a feud for some other reason... Most of Batista's feuds in the past 2 years or so have only been around winning the main title, without much personal "emotional" reason for them to happen. Batista could need that right now to give his character a new dimension.

"Prowrestling.net is reporting that Batista has openly expressed frustration with his push over the past several months and has seriously considered taking time off as a result. He is upset with WWE's booking and feels that the company does not portray him as being in the top tier of performers. Some people backstage felt that Batista's clean win over John Cena at SummerSlam was an attempt to pacify him. Despite that high-profile win, Batista remains unhappy. "
-Wrestlezone Article

As a worker, I feel outraged at this. The big blubbing baby has been included in main even program after main event program. There are dozens of workers on the card below him who deserve his spot. If he is so unhappy, I'd love to see his arrogant ass knocked out of the way for someone to take his place. If he think's it's bad, they can bring back Reverend D-Von and he can be Deacon Batista again and job to Hawkins and Ryder.

As for JBL, I feel he is one of the best heels in the business right now. His promos look so convincing and people love to hate him. He's doing his job by getting heat. Think about that...

Granted JBL is doing what he is supposed to do, but having the position in main event matches over and over again is giving the idea of "what is creative is thinking?" Batista is the same way, getting opportunity after opportunity to try and get what he thinks he deserves. What does he think cleanly defeating Cena at Summerslam justifies? Cena was not a champion. And Batista got his opportunity. Like JBL, he lost.

And JBL was only a great champion because he has his stable with Orlando Jones and the Bashams, which did entail a huge heel effect as the Bashams were tag champs and Orlando was US champ. Other than that, JBL has only been effective and largely successful (or been an effective and successful heel/face) in stables, as in APA and the Cabinet.

It’s really only the last two months that the WWE has overloaded us with JBL in the title picture. He’s had more opportunities (3 by my count) in two months than some people have or will have in a year’s time. When he demanded Adamle make him the #1 contender Monday night, I had to resist the urge to throw my remote at the TV. JBL repeatedly asking for and receiving title shots is played out and ridiculous, especially since he has done absolutely NOTHING to warrant yet ANOTHER title shot.

At this point, I think the heat he gets isn’t because he’s a good heel, but rather he’s boring and annoying to listen to and look at. He hasn’t done anything particularly heelish lately. JBL’s character has gotten really stale and his promos are repetitive. How many more times do we have to hear how rich he is, how he was the longest reigning champion on Smackdown, how he’s a wrestling god? It’d be different if he backed some of that up every now and then, but the only people he’s beaten recently are jobbers like Noble and Dreamer.

We need a break from JBL in the title picture. He needs to move into a mid-card feud for a few months again, so he can regain some credibility and reestablish his heel character. Better yet perhaps he could move into a non-wrestling role for a bit. I read his knees and back have been bothering him, so a break from wrestling might be good for JBL as well. Maybe he could become Adamle’s business advisor or something along those lines. Eventually JBL could start undermining Adamle’s decisions and try to take over the show.

JBLs gimmick works best when he is a champ-thats when people give him mad heat because he's a total wanker to the fans and babyfaces, and you so want him to lose the title. You tune in and buy the ppvs in the hope he loses his belt. To me, that means JBL is a great heel. Raws title picture needs a great heel. Y2J isnt a genuine heel-his thing with HBKmis personal, he aint goin to smack other peoples wives about. Kane is busy with Lil rey rey, Orton isnt back in the ring. So, Raw needs JBL because he's still a top class heel.

But JBl is like King Booker without a belt, the gimmick just doesnt work, and they look out of place in non-title feuds, whereas their name fits the mainevent.If that makes sense lol. In my head i make fantastic points, but they dont translate to text that well. Say no to drugs kids.

JBL does need to let it die. Yes, he was the longest reigning champion in SD history. That was over 3 years ago. It's over. WWE needs to give him some new material or tell him to drop it. He's been beaten clean on more than one occasion. What possible reason does he have for being in the title hunt now? To all the people who say he beat Cena, what has he doen since he got beaten clean? Not a damn thing. His gimmick is fine if he ever beats anyone significant. He is stale, plain and simple. His promo is always the same. I deserve to be champion more than you, because I am a self made millionaire and wrestling god. End of promo. Get something new please.

I love it, JBL is playing the character of the whiny bitch who always got what he wanted and cant see why he still doesnt. In fact he is playing it to perfection. He believes that he is the greatest wrestler on RAW because of his achievements on SmackDown! and the point is the the fans want to see him beaten so that he might realise that he doesnt deserve anymore title shots, which of course is never going to happen.

JBL cuts exactly the same promo everyweek for the exact same reason that HHH and Y2J have been cutting the same promo's everyweek, because they work, they get the reaction and the fact that people boo JBL, thats not a bad thing, thats a good thing (Curtoursy of DDP). So I think JBL is going about things the right way.

Lol at this mark thread.
JBL's job is to whine because he is a heel. Whining makes people not like you. You arent supposed to like heels. JBL is constantly in the title hunt because they want him to look like a legit maineventer. Does that mean he'll win the title ? Nope , He'll lose to a baby face and make them look good. That's kinda how the heel/Face thing works.

Lol at this mark thread.
JBL's job is to whine because he is a heel. Whining makes people not like you. You arent supposed to like heels. JBL is constantly in the title hunt because they want him to look like a legit maineventer.
I was thinking that he's whining so people will hate him. Except there's heat because you're a heel, and there's heat because people are getting sick and tired of you, which is what JBL is getting. Also, if he's constantly in the title hunt and he loses, it doesn't make him look like a legit main eventer. It makes him look like someone who can't hold his own with the rest of the main eventers.

JBL has had his time. Now he's just getting to be an embarrassment. He hasn't had one win that means something in who knows how long. Every main eventer has beaten him when it counts, and now its predictable he's going to lose. Give him a mid card feud and he can put a few guys over, instead of staying in the main event and holding guys that are trying to break through down. By staying in the main event, he is not doing the WWE, himself, or the rest of the roster any good. He needs to move on from the main event scene and let up and comers break through.

JBL has had his time. Now he's just getting to be an embarrassment. He hasn't had one win that means something in who knows how long. Every main eventer has beaten him when it counts, and now its predictable he's going to lose. Give him a mid card feud and he can put a few guys over, instead of staying in the main event and holding guys that are trying to break through down. By staying in the main event, he is not doing the WWE, himself, or the rest of the roster any good. He needs to move on from the main event scene and let up and comers break through.

My thoughts for this thread exactly. Sure, JBL is a main heel. He's already established that. We know this. But the point of the thread wasn't for the fact that he's established being a heel for whining; it's trying to point out that take your heel-whiner-self and whine in the mid-card or tag division. Step down from your wall street pedestal and let other established or up-and-coming main eventers to come and work their magic, or come up with a better storyline that will make headlines--that will make an impact.

Im still confused as to why JBL was given apush in 04 to begin with. I mean Booker-t Would have been a better option back then to take the title off Guerrero. JBL went from midcarder to a title shot. That is freaking nuts. But anyways, I believe that JBL's character needs to get new material and stop whining. He does not earn the title shots he gets and should not be in so many title matches. But then again, neither does Batista but thats a topic for another day.
JBL should either have non-title feuds for a while or just hang up his boots because seeing JBL in a title match all the time does not make any sense.

Whoa there. Stop the presses guys. Since I have a new found marking in JBL, I have decided to defend him and tell you how awesome he is. I was about to make a thread about him, but this one was up so it'll do.

JBL, he is a god on the microphone, that is a fact. He cuts some of the most brilliant promos to ever grace the WWE, and people buy into it and actually find it annoying. Real, absolutely genuine heat. Not, "You are a good heel because the smarks like you, and the marks hate you" heat.

He puts on matches that are his style. No, he doesn't hit a moonsault. No, he doesn't do flippy moves (which is ironic for me seeing as I am a fan of Jeff Hardy). He works his style perfectly, a straight to the point brawler. He works stiff which fits his style as well.

He gets beaten, almost squashed by Batista, and he doesn't complain. He gets put in places where the WWE could easily push him to the belt legitimately, but he doesn't get put there. He doesn't complain. Coincidently, it was that Batista was compaining about his position. Whether or not it was true is debatable, but it's a good point to bring up. For the record, I didn't believe it myself.

I believe the point of the thread was talking about JBL always cutting promos about wanting to be in the ME. What the hell is wrong with that? Wouldn't you want to be in he Main Event, a heel complaining about it is 101. MVP complained he wasn't on the card at No Mercy, but when JBL does it, it seems to be a problem just because "he does it to much". Doing something that works, works. When it stops working he can chnage, until then, keep at it.

I believe the point of the thread was talking about JBL always cutting promos about wanting to be in the ME. What the hell is wrong with that? Wouldn't you want to be in he Main Event, a heel complaining about it is 101. MVP complained he wasn't on the card at No Mercy, but when JBL does it, it seems to be a problem just because "he does it to much". Doing something that works, works. When it stops working he can chnage, until then, keep at it.

Here's the thing; I agree that JBL cuts promos like a wrestling god, but you have used the MVP/No Mercy promo. Granted, MVP whined about it, but has he actually been in a one-on-one match for a #1 spot or even in a title picture one-on-one, and it is a serious push? I would actually prefer MVP getting a shot at the WHC or the WWE belt because I think he is deserving of it.

Hell, if I was a superstar, yeah I would want to be a main eventer, but then again, why have my pride smashed over and over again, losing over and over again until I got a fluke victory? Sure, he is doing his part cutting "I'm a whiny-little-b*tch" promos and showing that he's a great heel, but it's old material, and it's stuff we have already heard from his own mouth for years now. He got so many shots, just this year alone. And people have beaten him FOR #1 spots AND for the WHC so many times!

I'm starting to believe that JBL is Ten-Second-Tom from 50 First dates because he's obviously forgetting each match he loses in. And thinking squashing Haas (who has developed a wrestler schitzophrenia) is contention for a top-tier title shot? Please. Just take the old material to creative and give JBL something to positively work with and once he proves himself, he can take the title back. Right now he hasn't proven anything to be a top-tier contender.

Here's the thing; I agree that JBL cuts promos like a wrestling god, but you have used the MVP/No Mercy promo. Granted, MVP whined about it, but has he actually been in a one-on-one match for a #1 spot or even in a title picture one-on-one, and it is a serious push? I would actually prefer MVP getting a shot at the WHC or the WWE belt because I think he is deserving of it.

I think you said it yourself. MVP hasn't been in a serious spot for the title, and you know why? Because he doesn't deserve it. Yet. He is playing heel 101 too, and the thing is I suspect (unless he reads this and makes sure he doesn't lol) that he will do the same thing in the future. Complain. There is nothing wrong with that, because it works.

Hell, if I was a superstar, yeah I would want to be a main eventer, but then again, why have my pride smashed over and over again, losing over and over again until I got a fluke victory? Sure, he is doing his part cutting "I'm a whiny-little-b*tch" promos and showing that he's a great heel, but it's old material, and it's stuff we have already heard from his own mouth for years now. He got so many shots, just this year alone. And people have beaten him FOR #1 spots AND for the WHC so many times!

Once again, you said it yourself. He is a great heel, I mean here you are complaining about it. He does his job so well that people who are meant to be 'smart' dislike him. Of course I suspect the return of (not neccessarily from you "It's because he is boring". How is he boring if he is acheiving exactly what heel set out to do? Making people dislike them.

I'm starting to believe that JBL is Ten-Second-Tom from 50 First dates because he's obviously forgetting each match he loses in. And thinking squashing Haas (who has developed a wrestler schitzophrenia) is contention for a top-tier title shot? Please. Just take the old material to creative and give JBL something to positively work with and once he proves himself, he can take the title back. Right now he hasn't proven anything to be a top-tier contender.

The sad thing is, JBL could easily and legitmately be given a shot at the title. He said he wants it one last time before he retires, and there are these perfect opportunities that if creative just gave him a chance he could have the belt.

Once again, you said it yourself. He is a great heel, I mean here you are complaining about it. He does his job so well that people who are meant to be 'smart' dislike him. Of course I suspect the return of (not neccessarily from you "It's because he is boring". How is he boring if he is acheiving exactly what heel set out to do? Making people dislike them.

Theres your answer, its so hard to be hated as a heel these days because so called smart fans will cheer you because its cool that JBL is one of the few legitimate heels left, fans want him to lose.

If Edge or RKO go into a title match half of the audience are cheering for them hoping for them to win, I cant say who's to blame for this whether it be the internet (yes I realise the irony of that statement) or that they play "cool" heels, or the fans just think that some of these heels wrestle better than the faces (which is wrong I think)

Thats another reason why JBL does what he does, there seems to be so few options to get heat as a heel anymore that you have to cut boring and annoying promo's (Jericho's doing it well).

Ever since JBL had moved from Smackdown's announcer to RAW, he's been trying to involve himself with each world title match that graces the face of RAW.

I don't know about you, but frankly, I for one am getting tired of his little whiny speeches nearly every week, sputtering that he should be WHC or something along those lines (as in last night's sit-in). I believe that the WWE needs to find another spot for the Texas Loudmouth, instead of constantly trying to weasel his way into the World Title picture, because he has money, and money should equal power.

JBL was given many opportunities at the belt and lost each time. Sure, he may be Grade A Livestock for the WHC, but I think it is time to put the JBL title chase out to pasture and possibly do a mentor thing.

Better yet, JBL is a "whiz" with money and the stock market. Have him as a Flair figure with "Simply Priceless" and move in on the whole money gimmick and build DiBiase/Rhodes thing.

well, until jericho went from ic to ME they didnt have any other heel on raw, too many face v face matches, guts dull...very fast..so they had no other choice, even if that got old very fast, they were trying to build up punk as the champion, jbl is just suck enough, with a little name power, that he could put him over....and make him look a little credible.

so what im getting at here.
JBL is a jobber, for the ME its been like that for the last few years. since his last reign 3 years ago? somewhere around there...=\ anyways, JBL is a glorified jobber now, and thats it...new champs usually have to try to retain vs him first, to give a little more credibility to the champion..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back