Jarrett Says Impact, GFW “Are Becoming One Day-By-Day”

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Impact Wrestling Chief Creative Officer Jeff Jarrett recently spoke with Hannibal TV regarding Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling.

On his plans for the future of Impact Wrestling:

“Can’t give you all the plans but yeah, we all as a team are very excited. Lot of guys coming back on board and we got a lot of things going on with Global Force Wrestling and Impact Wrestling as we sort of figure out how we’re going to put the pieces of the puzzle together so to speak. Just last week as a part of the new organization we announced that we’re going to be doing WOS over on ITV in the United Kingdom, so a lot of things have happened in the last 60-90 days, Spike TV in the UK made an announcement and that launches April 21st, so everybody tune in Friday night, April 21st if you live in the UK. So there truly is a lot going on and we’re excited. I feel very thankful and blessed just to be a part of it to be quite honest.”

If Global Force Wrestling is still alive and well:

“Oh absolutely. In the weeks, days, months, however that saying goes, more will come out. But yeah, Global Force and Impact are becoming one day-by-day.”

[YOUTUBE]2BQfQnYnQ0A[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/824..._campaign=jeff-jarrett-impact-wrestling-plans

—

The first invasion was a total flop, namely due to the rushed nature it occurred in, but mostly due to the fact that Impact missed a glorious opportunity to rebrand in the process.

I'm not sure I have the stomach for another one (invasion), but it certainly makes sense for the fledgling GFW to simply absorb with Impact at this point, which would need to keep it's name given the marketing effort that's been put behind reestablishing it as a new brand identity.

There are a lot of very good things happening in Impact right now with several new affiliations, some big tv deals, a lot of talented people coming back to the company and a lot of very good wrestlers coming across from GFW. Wether you like Jarrett or not he is very passionate about the business and a very good business man.

GFW was still a thing? I didn't even know that they still existed. I really use to love jarrett as a performer but I never was a huge fans of him as a booker mostly because his idea we're so old school and out of touch with what s working in wrestling and seeing the way creative is going in impact since he came back, it feels like he's back to bring in these really old, out of touch idea that won't work in today's environment.

The best way to go here is to due a slow leak of sorts, debuting one wrestler at a timd with enough space in between so that it isn't overwhelming, though it's not like every incoming GFW roster member will be a main eventer or what have you. An invasion would be awful as nearly every invasion angle ever has.

I agree with IDR's comments about GFW being absorbed into TNA. We've seen it since Jarrett took over with the talents coming in and I'm sure Jarrett will get some sort of financial benefit out of it.

The best way to go here is to due a slow leak of sorts, debuting one wrestler at a timd with enough space in between so that it isn't overwhelming, though it's not like every incoming GFW roster member will be a main eventer or what have you. An invasion would be awful as nearly every invasion angle ever has.

In terms of talent exposure, sure, but I wouldn't slow burn an acquisition. It'll come across as a failed marketing experiment, just like the failure to launch that the first "Impact Wrestling" was.

If they absorb GFW into Impact, it needs to be done relatively quickly and publicly.

If JJ doesnt start to turn things around soon, he will be selling that gold
he sells out in the parking lot before the show.

I hope that there's no invasion angle as I've never been the one to like such angles. The fact that these angles are somewhat botched always worsens the case for me.

Multiple GFW wrestlers have already appeared and TNA's alumni like Matt Morgan and Magnus have also returned. GFW Next Gen Champion Cody Rhodes is already present.

Fingers crossed about this, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back