Japanese Region, Osaka Subregion, First Round: (2) Awesome Kong vs (15) Katie Lea

Who wins this match up?

• Awesome Kong

• Katie Lea

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This is a first round match in the Japanese region. It is a standard wrestling match. It will be held at the Kyocera Dome in Osaka City, Osaka, Japan.

gallery_photo_155_2.jpg

43_Kharma.jpg

#2 Awesome "Kharma" Kong

VS.

winter_tna_knockouts_champion_hustle_exclusive_20111008_1753275233.jpg

#15 Katie Lea

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?

Leaning towards voting for Kong for obvious reasons but if someone wants to try and convince me to vote for Katie Lea, I may be swayed.

Leaning towards voting for Kong for obvious reasons but if someone wants to try and convince me to vote for Katie Lea, I may be swayed.

Yeah, don't be. Kong would and should win this match fairly easily. Which is a shame considering Katie Lea is basically Paige but better. I blame her seed on the fact that she was never used properly anywhere. WWE at one point wanted to seriously push her into an incest angle with her "brother" Paul Burchill. Oh, what riveting television that would have been. :rolleyes:

Kong though, you'd think she'd be better suited as a novelty wrestler due to her size, but she's proven to be a great champion due to her agility and ability to work. She has a knack of making lesser foes look good, and good wrestlers look better. That's the trademark of an all time great. Moolah could do this, Burke could do this, Trish could do this... and they are elite for a reason. Kong should be too.

Plus when she's actually pushed she's incredibly dominant. In TNA she has winning records over big names like Gail Kim, Madison Rayne, and OBD. For a while she was pushed as "the" cornerstone of the Knockouts divsion - not the side attraction like I suspect Havok will probably be - but the cornerstone, and TNA pulled some big ratings early on.

And I haven't even really touched on her work in Japan, Mexico, the Indy's, or the fact she's the 3rd woman to enter a Royal Rumble... and had a better showing than either Beth or Chyna in the process.

Kong should win here...

Awesome Kong takes it from here. Katie Lea may have talent, but she's never been "used" properly anywhere she's been. After so long you begin to wonder if it is the wrestler or every wrestling company?

Kong had attention in WWE when she was wrestling as Karma even though it was in a short stint, and she was a bigger draw than Kurt Angle at one point in TNA. Give it to Kong here fellas.

Katie Lea is very good, I've seen quite a bit of her work in the indies over here in the UK and was looking forward to seeing her in WWE and TNA....and they did nothing with her. The "incest" angle especially would have been awful and the less said about the Winter character in TNA the better. What a waste of a very talented girl.

However, even if she HAD been pushed properly I would still vote for Kong. What a beast! She has dominated everywhere she's been, is easily one of the biggest attractions in womens wrestling- and not just because of her size. Because she's very good! Her surprise return to TNA got a huge reaction, and its a shame she didnt get to show off her talents for a proper run in WWE. Maybe she will someday.

Vote Kong.

Whoever set this contest up should be arrested for conspiracy to commit murder. Kong will kill her. Katie Lea is not being properly pushed because maybe she is not that good? Or, is overrated? Kong has been a champion wherever she went. She was Aja Kong's tag team partner for a while, and they ripped apart Japan. Kong also makes other look good as well. She wrestled a 14 year old girl named Tsukushi, who is one of the rising stars in Joshi Puroresu, and elevated her work to phenomenal levels.

Let's be real: Kong wins this in 15 seconds.

This is really sad because if Katie had been used properly this could have been a fair match up, but not gonna happen. Kong is the bigger star and I'll say it, I saw most of her matches with Gail Kim and she really delivered and got really hot, so hot that when she made her debut in WWE people popped big!!

Vote Kong. But go watch some Katie Lea, she's a good worker on her own and I haven't thought of that, but someone compared her to Paige and I just thought: "well that's kinda of a good point".

I always liked Katie Lea but Kong truly is awesome and I see no reason she shouldn't win here. Kong along with Gail Kim were the 2 biggest reasons why the knockout division took off in its inaugural stages and Kong being such a good heel was a huge part of that. She has such a unique look compared to other female wrestlers and I'm not talking about her weight but her aura is something you very rarely see in pro wrestling. Kong is one of the few divas that could be successful wrestling with the guys on a regular basis and if used right Kong has money written all over her.

Katie Lea is very good but she is no Awesome Kong and even though she might get a few good shots in at the end Kong would win and win convincingly. Vote Kong, for at least the next few matchups.

No one should short change Katie Lea based on the way that she was wasted by the WWE. She has reached the pinnacle of the women's division in every other company that she has spent time in. In fact even the WWE featured her quite well as a developmental performer prior to her ridiculous main roster run.

And although many surely rolled their eyes at her "Winter" gimmick in TNA, She did manage to twice defeat Mickie James for the KOs title, and holds multiple successful defenses against James as well.

BUT... even though she was able to match Kong's two KO title reigns, both of those reigns combined are still nearly tripled in length by either of Kong's stints with the belt individually. And Kong dominated a far stronger division than the one "Winter" entered TNA to compete in.

In fact Kong has dominated EVERYWHERE, and after leaving Japan to come to America and perform in the spring of '07, Kong came to TNA and Shimmer and destroyed everything in her path while only suffering two pinfall singles losses in her entire first 12 months of action(to Gail Kim and Sara Del Rey no less).

Katarina Leigh is very deserving of her spot in this field, but is not a realistic player in this contest.

Kong, hands down. I'm only familiar with Katie Lea to her stint as Winter in TNA. Solid worker, but the character was just bad. Realistically there no way I can't see her going over Kong, so this should be an easy round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back