Jade Goody

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
Everyone has an opinion on her. Well you English folk do, you Americans probably don't have a clue who I mean. Anyway, Goody has terminal cancer, and has come under fire for allowing it to be so publicised - from what I gather this is the biggest criticism of her.

Which is completely stupid, just so you know. A) The money she raises from things like selling her wedding to a magazine go straight into a fund for her children, so they can have the best possible life. Which parent would not do the same? I know that my main convern would be making sure my children had everything they needed, and I'd do everything I could to make that happen.

Also, since her diagnosis last year, women going for tests for Cervical Cancer have increased by 20% - that's a lot of lifes that could be saved due to her being in the public eye. There is nothing wrong with her doing this at all, even if it saves one life, was it not then worth it?

I actually heard about Jade and have been following the events on Perez Hilton's site. I feel really bad for and her family. I think it's awful what she is going through and it's a shame that her young kids are going to have to grow up without a mother :(

Alot of people are angry at her for making everything so publicized. Some people argue that if this was some regular folk, nobody would care and it wouldn't get this attention and they would say hundreds of people die from cancer die a day so why should she be so special? The thing is she is a celebrity and well known, and she's obviously going to get more press. Like Becca said Jade has stated numerous times that she's doing all these interviews, and pictures and selling her story so she can assure her children will have a bright future.

The woman is dying and she know's she doesn't have much time so I think it's brave and self-less for her to do that. She's practically giving up some of her last hours doing all the promoting but she's doing it for her kids. And she's also becoming almost a un-official spokesperson for cervical cancer. Her message and story is getting broadcast into millions of homes, and people are doing something about it.

So people who want to bash Goody, can do so. She know's she doesn't have much time so like any good parent she is making sure her kids are going to be well taken care of and because of the coverage she is receiving she could actually save a few peoples life.

Pfft. If you don't like it, don't read it. Take me for example. I don't read about this. I have absolutely no interest in it. It's good that her kids won't have to do a day's work and can just rest on their millions. Don't see what's so remarkable about this story other than the woman dying is infamous for being a complete dunce and her husband a total fucking scumbag.

No one deserves to go through what Jade is going through. It must be the worst time that any human can go through, pretty much just waiting to die. But when was the last time a death was so overally publicised. At the end of the day I don't want to know that Jade is going through awful pain. Thats not because I don't care about her situation, but because it's just not something you want to keep being informed about. I mean I saw the front page of a magazine this morning that had a picture of Jade, Jack and their two kids which the headline "My Last Interview!"... how in the name of hell can anyone want to make money off that? Thats stooping to new lows in my opinion. But as I said its not as though I don't care. I feel desperatly sorry for her and her husband Jack (despite that fact he's a complete waste of space) but mostly for her kids, its awful that they won't have a mum from such a young age. Problem is their upbringing will constantly be in the eye of the media, which will probably make them even more money than what Jade's made them already, so they won't have to do anything constructive with their lives.

I don't have a problem with her gaining money for her kids, if people are offering her it why not snap their arms off?

What I do have a problem with, is the media, especially the Sun, who have a new front page story every day, or so it seems. "Jade lost her voice" "jade is going blind" "Jade went to the toilet" it's over the top. The story she is dying is a big story, the story she has died is a big story, in between we don't need to know everything.

Look at the great Seve Ballesteros, one of the finest sportsmen Europe has produced, when he went for surgery on a brain tumour (?) it got about a paragraph in the papers, and a small story on BBC Sport. Then we heard the surgery was a success, and NOTHING for a while, until it came about he was having another surgery. This process continued.

But with the media, it was always more important to be a failure at life, that got famous through the world's shittest television programme for being a dunce than it is to have worked hard and become a one of the world's best at a sport.

Wendy Richards died of cancer the other week...she's a much better British celebrity than Jade, not a racist, and not an annoying bitch, but no nothing.

My opinion of Jade is not going to change because she's dying, there are thousands of women around the country with cancer who get very little love, to me they're more of a hero than someone who's sold their soul...sorry I mean story to every newspaper possible.

Jade would probably have the press film her death live on TV if it involved a little bit more £££ for her kids. It would get a ton of hits on Youtube, thus making her even more money. As a famous billionaire once said "Its all about the mun-a!".

There's nothing wrong with her making money for her children. I'd do exactly the same. She wants to safeguard their future which is fine. However, the fact that she gets all this publicity and how the world suddenly loves her is bullshit. Heaps upon heaps of people go through this everyday; why is she any different? A few months or a year ago the whole of the UK hated her, and now half of them love her? Seriously..

She has cancer yeah, and I feel sorry for her. But that doesn't change who she was. She became famous for doing fuck all.

i found it difficult because before she would sell stories when she could (eg my life being branded as a racist or my holiday in hell) and to be honest it really annoyed me that she ran to a magazine when ever something happend. but when it was announced that she had cancer i felt as i would never wish that upon anyone. but it seemed straight away that she sold her story to the first magazine possible(i think it was called "my life with cancer" or something). so i do think its good that she is trying to make as much money possible for her children future but when ever i see a new story about her it and it really tends to annoy me. it might sound bad and im really sorry if it does but since they are covering her wedding and her christning im expecting them to be their when she is on her death bed

Wendy Richards died of cancer the other week...she's a much better British celebrity than Jade, not a racist, and not an annoying bitch, but no nothing.

My opinion of Jade is not going to change because she's dying, there are thousands of women around the country with cancer who get very little love, to me they're more of a hero than someone who's sold their soul...sorry I mean story to every newspaper possible.

Lee summed it up perfectly with this post. I wouldnt wish cancer on anybody, as my mum had it when i was a teenagerand i didnt see hello magazine and the sun newspaper wanting her story, but just because shes a ''celebrity'' shes know being forced down our throats on the front of every magazine and paper its not right. The media are just cashing in on it, but making her out to be a hero is disrespecting every other person whos gone through this, as they are the people who deserve the attention.

I don't see anyone making her out to be a hero. They're just making her out as someone who has cancer that want sympathy. I'll never see her as a hero. She did fuck all, and while I'm sad she has cancer, it doesn't automatically mean she deserves all this praise. She did NOTHING.

Actually, she was involved in a racial dispute just last year.

I don't care if Jade Goody lives or dies. It's a shame and all that. Just as it's a shame when anybody get's cancer. But I don't give a fuck about any of the other males or females who are dying from the disease. So I don't see why I should care about her.

It's great that it's made more people aware. It's also very stupid to ignore letters telling you that you need an operation that might stop you from developing cancer.

I can't stand her at all. It's terribly sad what she's going through and for her kids to lose their Mum at such a young age it so so sad and I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone, but its going too far. I completly understand her wanting to get as much money raised as possible for her kids, but the papers are just getting stupid with it. Theres millions of people out there fighting cancer but they don't get a new headline every single day!

Jade Goody; 1981 - 2009

She passed away in her sleep last night, at 3.55a.m. with her mother and husband at her bedside.

Love or hate her, she's finally at peace, after doing all she can to make sure her family can have the best life possible after her death. I applaud her for that, she tackled this head on, and raised awareness of a horrible disease.

R.I.P.

Jade Goody; 1981 - 2009

She passed away in her sleep last night, at 3.55a.m. with her mother and husband at her bedside.

Love or hate her, she's finally at peace, after doing all she can to make sure her family can have the best life possible after her death. I applaud her for that, she tackled this head on, and raised awareness of a horrible disease.

R.I.P.

And thanks to the media, all most people can think (well, I think, I should count for most people) is thank god we don't have to read about the time she turned over in her sleep every day in the newspapers. This story was overdone. Fair enough tell us she's ill, she's terminal, and she's died, but don't give a story every day in between. She is not more special than anyone else so didn't deserve that much attention, it smacks of the Sun being incredibly lazy and realising they had a months worth of material.

So RIP to the girl, shame on the media for bringing on all the jokes and people not caring.

I know at least one magazine has already done a tribute issue. Like that time she showed she was really shit at Geography. Or that time she was a bit racist and everyone went ape shit. Or that time her boyfriend beat the shit out of a sixteen year old with a gold club.

Stephen Fry broke the news to me this morning. Thank God for Twitter.

(yawn) this to me simply means that a) the first person to become famous for staying in a house for several months with a bunch of other nobodies, and b) highlighted the stupidity and vulgarity of the English public to anyone outside of England, is now dead.

So now, not only are our sports teams regarded as shit and gay, and it's generally believed that all English people think it's funny for men to dress up as women, we now all look like racist morons in the eyes of the rest of the world. (These are observations i've made from watching countless American sitcoms, who ALL make the same jokes about the English). THAT is Jade Goody's legacy.

Fair play to her for doing all she can for her family. I just don't understand why we're expected to care about the death of one of the most embarrasing people to ever be born in England.

Same thing with WAGS. Why should we give a fuck? Do i give a shit about Kate Middleton and her family when she isn't with Prince William? Fuck man, i don't fuckin' care about Prince William for god's sake.

Sorry, i'll stop before i go into a massive rant about popular culture in England and how it's turning everyone into lazy, useless, binge drinking, morons and ****es.

I remember when Britain was still 'Great'........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back