IWC Complaint Thread

akrassikauda

#Evil Empire
Ok I looked and did not find this thread so I'll start it. It is what the title says I know I know we're all a part of "the community" but this is a thread about what you hate about smarks. We all ready have a WWE,TNA and Cena thread I think we need this one.

Smarks a.k.a. Smart Marks have ruined the pro wrestling experience with their constant complaining and their flip flopping. For every 20 of the so called casual fans who just sit back and want to enjoy the show their is another 40 who tell us what we should want because they're real wrestling fans. This goes for fans of WWE and TNA.

The smarks seem to try to tell everyone who to cheer for and if you have a different opinion the first thing they call you is a Fanboy. I notice this a lot esspecially with their #1 villian John Cena. For years and years know "he can't wrestle" no matter how many times the people who have been in pro wrestling and have been in the ring with him says he can go you'll hear "he can't wrestle". That's the mind of a smark even if CM Punk,Ric Flair,HHH,HBK says he can go they will still argue that "he can't wrestle".

When it comes to TNA I can't believe Bobby Roode still has haters. Not to the level of Cena hate but the whole put the strap on someone else. WHAT? TNA is going with someone who is their own that's one of the complaints smarks had about TNA now when they give you what you want it's not good enough. Roode is having a good run so far let him go on.

These are just some of the things that kill me about smarks whether on wrestling forums or live at shows.

Anyone else want to chime in just keep it in here what's bothering you about smarks.

1. The way a "smark" talks, and the fact they have names like some sort of organisation, remind me why all of my friends think wrestling is for geeks.
2. A "smark" cannot just disagree with someone. If you look at the Ryback thread I started, you would see the ridiculously angry responses I got. I dared put two guys they didn't like into a perfectly logical, if potentially a little but filler, feud, and was treated to an essay on what a dumb fanboy I was.
3. The circle of hate. Namely, when a wrestler that "smarks" like is low in the card, it's the apocalypse: McMahon only likes big guys, McMahon is out of touch etc. Then that wrestler is pushed into the main event, and suddenly they're "stale" or "old" or that horrible white-guy-trying-to-be-black phrase, "vanilla".
People like that make me feel like less of a man for being part of a wrestling forum.

What's bothering me about smarks? Nothing because I am one. Pretty much everyone who posts on wrestling forums is a smark. When do you see casual fans post on here?

Also the reason HHH, HBK, Flair etc say that Cena can go is because they are trying to save face. He's the top star in WWE, of course they are going to defend him.

This whole smark thing makes me laugh. Well, at least how people lables them. All of us here in the forums or as people call it the IWC discuss wrestling storylines, ideas and our favorites and the problem lies with the casual fan who is supposed to cheer for the good guys and boo the bad. The instant someone likes a heel over a face for whatever reason, they are labled the dreaded smark that doesnt know whats right for business. Especially anyone who hates Cenag But then again if we're just supposed to be fans, why the hell would we be concerned with whats right for business? should we just like who we like and cheer them and boo who we dont? its a simple concept which made the AE so great because we didnt do what we were 'Supposed to do' We just did what suited us and we created characters by our reactions. However, Now when we do this we are called Smarks. But the thing is if we dont complain or voice our displeasure for something, we'd be the mindless sheep who are supposed to act like we enjoy what we do to satisfy Vince and children fans. Then you've got people online telling you that the products not aimed at us, it's for the kids so we shouldn't be complaining. That doesnt make any sense. If we're discussing this product we are buying into and spending so much money and time to watch, why should we have to pretend to enjoy it? We're suppose to discuss the good and bad and present ideas of our own here yet when we say anything negative we are the dreaded smark. Im more annoyed with people like Slyfoxx, Mighty Norcal, Headman and people like that who downright call your opinion WRONG and act like they know everything in the business and dismiss all others as inferior or downright erroneous opinions. But I digress. My point is Smarks make the WWE exciting and forces Vince to do unpredictable things as we show our boredom and displeasure to the product. We shape the WWE. Only thing is the Cena argument will go on. Most smarks respect the real life Johnathan Cena but hate the on screen character and express ways to change him while the marks go the old school route and just cheer the hell out of him because he's the good guy and his real life hard work and dedication and they dont want a change to his character. So thats that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back