It's Been 20 Years

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
Since Kurt Cobain killed himself. And 12 years since Layne Staley overdosed.

But only 2 days since I turned 27. 363 days to avoid joining the 27 club!

My iPhone seemed to know it should play Nirvana when I was doing my shopping; Come as you are, sliver and about a girl all came on in the space of 6 songs.

That's an impressive mix-up.

I thought "aqua seafoam shame" in All Apologies was "I can't see for shame". (Prefer mine to be honest)

I'm listening to Nevermind in its entirety today, myself. Still one of the greatest albums ever.

As you can see from my sig, I'm obviously a fan. Nirvana is my all time favorite band. Alice in Chains is great too. Crazy that Layne & Kurt died on the same day 8 years apart. I'll probably watch some Nirvana, Alice In Chains and Mad Season DVDs and Blu Rays today.

Well I've been listening to some Alice In Chains and Nirvana today. It's interesting how similar in style the lyrics were (I know Jerry Cantrell wrote a lot of Alice In Chains stuff but still)

I can't believe it's really been that long since Layne's passing. I grew up idolizing AIC and I can't get in to any of the new stuff since he died. He just had such passion and pain in his voice, you can't teach that and there aren't many since who've had that gift. RIP Layne and Kurt

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/dvK9ps4jLjY[/YOUTUBE]

I can't believe it's really been that long since Layne's passing. I grew up idolizing AIC and I can't get in to any of the new stuff since he died. He just had such passion and pain in his voice, you can't teach that and there aren't many since who've had that gift. RIP Layne and Kurt

[YOUTUBE]dvK9ps4jLjY[/YOUTUBE]

Fixed it for ya.

I like the new Alice In Chains. It's not the same but it's still good. I will say it just doesn't have the same energy as when Layne was in it but still

Thanks it's been awhile :blush: I mean Jerry is still there and he's one of my favorite guitarists/artists ever but I think you summed it up well. To make a wrestling comparison when you had both Layne and Jerry it was like having Trips and HBK together in DX, now Shawn isn't around much and H is still there. You're thankful you've still got the one superstar for his individual qualities but you miss the other guy and what he created with the other guy. The chemistry of their voices was such an organic mix of musical awesomeness, Jerry's smooth and Laynes rough but soulful, can't recreate that.

On a related note I just got in the car with the family and first thing that comes on the radio, Nutshell. Gotta love it

Gonna perform at a Tribute To Nirvana on April 8th (as that is the date they take as the day he died). Nirvana took over my high school with Guns N Roses and man I remember some of the first songs I learned on the guitar where the Unplugged IN New York ones.

Big Influence, 20 years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back