Itami's done for at least six months....

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
Just came out that Hideo Itami's injured his shoulder and isn't expected to be in action for 6-8 months. This comes on the tails of Sami Zayn being injured on Raw and Alex Riley needing knee surgery.

What are your thoughts?

Don't know shit about his injury, if it's only an injured shoulder he'll be back at some point this year. Shoulders are very common injuries

This is a tough break for Itami, NXT and the fans. Hopefully he utilizes this time away from in ring action to perfect the other areas of him game that are important to a successful WWE career. I'm the good old days this wouldn't be an issue. Pain pills, coke and a needle would've fixed everything.

What upsets me is I am going to nxt live in philly next week. And now 2 of the guys I wanted to see prob won't be there bc of injury! What a shame!

Zayn and Itami are two big losses. Especially given that Neville just got called up. Hell, even Riley is injured.

Itami was really started to show what he can do. The first few months were weird but his match with Neville was fantastic and some of his stuff with Breeze was really entertaining. I suppose he will come back with a better grasp of the language and a completely new roster to work with. We probably won't get Itami v Balor and I'm guessing we won't even get Itami v Owens. A shame.

As for the immediate future, I suppose they could have Uhaa Nation and/or Crowe be part of the number one contender's match with either losing to Breeze. Balor would be free to face Owens. The Joe fantasy is nice too. I suppose if that isn't possible they could make an emergency call to either Cesaro or Kidd. Cesaro, who is a babyface now, v Owens could be really interesting especially with the history involving Zayn.

Hopefully, Itami can come back more comfortable and ready to make a huge impact. It such a shame because he was finally impressing me in a WWE ring. Oh well, I'm sure he will be back better than ever.

I'm gutted about this. Two of the marquee matches at Takeover are now in jeopardy.

Another NXT star will get an opportunity, maybe Uhaa Nation can make an instant impact?

This is a tough break for Itami, NXT and the fans. Hopefully he utilizes this time away from in ring action to perfect the other areas of him game that are important to a successful WWE career. I'm the good old days this wouldn't be an issue. Pain pills, coke and a needle would've fixed everything.

And a nice early death to go along with that.

This really is a shame for NXT and Itami hopefully this doesn't slow him down as he was really starting to come into his own in NXT. Luckily it is just a shoulder injury and he should have a successful recovery

If the reports are correct about the time, he won't be back until Mania season next year. What a bummer.

Not only does this kind of throw NXT into disarray, I'm assuming that any call up's might have to be put on hold. Another bummer. Surely they will go ahead with Takeover and just change the matches around.

The one good thing about this, is that it gives him time to really get down and do the one thing that's holding him back, learning English. He'll have lots of time during rehab to learn the language.

This is why even trying to speculate what will happen at the next PPV or two is always a mistake. In the last couple of weeks, Itami, Zayn, Riley, Goldust have gone out with injuries. Daniel Bryan is still a huge question mark. It's a very unlucky time to be a wrestler right now it would appear.

Who can step up and make up for his loss? I'm thinking Balor can take this opportunity and make a huge impact. Same goes for Uhaa Nation, whom I've heard nothing but good things about.

I've not kept up with nxt the last few months, it with no Nevelle, Itami, or Zayne I know that leaves Owens (c) but who goes against him? I know Breeze is up there. Maybe Ryno? Uhaa? I know Balor is there but aren't they looking for him a tag partner?

Where this leaves Hideo and NXT I am not sure, but possibly through the bad another person can shine. Hope Hideo heals up nicely though and get's back to it better than ever. Make me curious to what they are going to do with all the absences..

It's probably because of the Curb Stomp! They should ban every move ever that involves a persons head, neck or torso, they're all just way too dangerous! In fact I think Sports Entertainment should just be called Fun Time & the superstars could just thumb wrestle in the ring.

But in all seriousness, this news absolutely sucks. Seemingly Itami & Zayn were the next two to debut on the main roster after Neville, with Zayn facing Cena on RAW & Itami making his PPV debut at WM 31 in the Andre Battle Royal. So I'm not sure if this will move some other NXT debuts up & maybe we could see Balor, Charlotte or even Owens sooner rather than later or maybe this just means we won't see any more NXT debuts for 4-6 months. & as for Riley, I'm not a big fan of his in the ring but I didn't mind him as a commentator in NXT & either way it's never cool to see performers sidelined from doing what they love to do, so I hope they all get well soon!

I could see Owens being the next up anyways. Even when Zayn had the title I just didn't feel the vibe off him. He's really good but I just didn't feel it.

I hate agreeing with Vine Russo but it felt like Zayn didn't = ratings. But man the kid can wrestle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back