Is WWE planning a 30 year Hulkamania bonanza?

The Boss

'The Boss' Of Pro Wrestling
I phrased the title in the form of a question only because there has been no formal announcement yet, but I'm almost certain that the answer is yes.

While everyone has been trying to figure out what Hulk Hogan's next move will be they've been focusing on PPVs like Bound For Glory, Royal Rumble and WrestleMania XXX causing an unprecedented amount of rumors across the internet surrounding him. The predictions of where Hogan would go bounce back and force based on small potatoes such as who he'd face and what his base pay would be etc. But it has nothing to do with any of this, it has nothing to do with Hogan being angry with TNA or wanting to retire in WWE (I'm not even sure if Hogan is even ready to retire yet). No, there is another MAJOR factor that everyone seems to have over looked. An upcoming date that puts everything else - even WrestleMania XXX to shame. January 23, 2014.

This will be the 30th anniversary (a real 30th anniversary, unlike WrestleMania XXX which is actually the 29th anniversary) of the night Hulk Hogan first won the WWF World title from the Iron Sheik and the night Hulkamania is said to have been born (at least in the WWF - Hulkamania was actually born in 1982 in the AWA). Suddenly everything takes on a whole new perspective. Instead of it being about Hogan making one or two appearances we see that there is an opportunity for an entire marketing bonanza that could easily take up at least the first trimester of the year (and maybe more) culminating at WrestleMania XXX. Where as it could be (and has been) argued by some that Hogan returning to WWE is unnecessary and would take time away from others, we now see that in order for WWE to take full advantage of this once in a lifetime marketing bonanza it's not only VITAL that Hogan be there but also that he play a major role to keep him in the spotlight and introduce him to a whole new generation of fans so that WWE can milk this opportunity for all that it is worth... and maybe even more.

Considering how big of a marketing bonanza this could potentially become I no longer consider it beyond the possibility that Hogan will step back into the ring for not just one but two or even a series of matches. Throw in a few six man tag team matches were he doesn't have to do much and you've got a Hulk Hogan who could potentially have one more enjoyable World title run. Maybe he would win the title early and lose it at WrestleMania or win it at WrestleMania and "retire" (at least for a minute) as World champion.

When there is money to be made both Hulk Hogan and the WWE do what they must and in my opinion Hulk Hogan must win the title again to capitalize on this bonanza as it truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity... that is, unless the Hulkster is still active twenty years from now for the 50th anniversary. ;)

As a Hulk Hogan fan who I'm sure has seen him in his last few fights, how can you justify a near-crippled man not only compete in a match for the most prestigious prize in the company, but also win that fight and have to fight some more to defend it? Hulk Hogan is probably in the best shape a person his age can be, but in the world of wrestling he is done. Especially in the WWE.

Good lord....another one of these threads. I'm starting to long for the days when you'd see half a dozen or so "Cena sucks" threads pop up in a 3 to 4 week period.

If someone is still a fan of Hogan, good for you. I'm not gonna knock who somebody's a fan of or whatever. However, the notion that Hulk Hogan should ultimately wind up wrestling in WWE and win a championship is ludicrous. Why? Because he fucking can't fucking wrestle any fucking more, that's why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It's time to get over the nostalgia kick people, it really is. Hulk Hogan's a 60 year old man who's body is held together with artificial joints and prayers. He can't work anything remotely resembling a competitive wrestling match anymore. Considering his age, Hogan looks like he's in great shape. He's still able to go to the gym to hang & bang and it shows, but that doesn't mean he can wrestle.

Also, exactly when did Hogan become this big draw once again, all of a sudden? Hogan hasn't drawn a dime during the 3.5 years he's been associated with TNA. If the reports over the past several months are accurate, TNA's hemorrhaging money the entire time he's been there. There's no long term money to be made with Hulk Hogan, especially not in satisfying the momentary urges of nostalgiaholics everywhere by putting the WWE Championship on him when he can't even physically wrestle to defend it.

IF Hogan shows back up in WWE anytime soon, I admit that his presence will help pop a rating for Raw. It'll almost certainly happen for the sheer novelty of Hulk Hogan appearing live on WWE television for the first time in almost a decade. And when the ratings came out the next day, the die hard Hogan marks will be proclaiming Hogan's greatness based on that single showing before the proclamations suddenly wink out candles being blown out once the ratings go back to normal even with Hogan front & center going forward.

I'm all for the guy coming back and giving people a good nostalgia moment. Let him get in the ring, pose for a bit, play to the crowd, maybe beat up some low level heels like 3MB and hype WrestleMania XXX. IF he's physically healthy enough to wrestle to any degree, which will be determined with WWE officials putting him through a barrage of medical exams, then stick in in something like a 6 or 8 man tag team match at WrestleMania XXX where he's protected. Let him come in a few times, deliver a few punches, maybe a bodyslam or two, etc. and let the other guys on his team carry the other 99% of the match. Hell, maybe even work the ending after the action breaks down and the big brawl starts to where Hogan is able to score the win for his team. But winning the WWE Championship in "celebration" of the 30th anniversary of his first WWF Championship win and/or wrestling in one of the top matches at WrestleMania XXX? No....just....just..no.

Jack has it about right here although I do see the WWE using the OP's idea, they kinda just have in the game with the 30 years of Mania mode.

With January 23rd falling on a Thursday - I could see them perhaps going for a Live Smackdown on that day.

I think the reality though is while they will sell the legacy of Hogan during that period, they won't be encouraging him to be physically active. Remember since the Lawler issues they are being very defensive over using older talent in ring. A 60 year old with a history of hip and back issues is not going to be someone they want to take risks with, even if it is Hogan.

You have to remember as well the potential for self mockery as well, after all they portrayed the Huckster 20 years ago pretty much as Hogan is now... would they really want to put the real "old man" version out there to wrestle having mocked him for being an old man back then and how they were better cos they didn't use him?

At the end of the day I think we could see a Hogan Appreciation night, like Bret and Flair got... he can show up run wild on someone like The Real Americans and perhaps they can run something with Piper or Sheik.

But while I expect Hogan to do a lot of promo work for Mania and perhaps in the mainstream they really can't risk much more...

I have a feeling we'll get a ton of "30 years of Hulkamania" merchandise, Hogan apperances, a couple of leg drops and a lot more flexing the 24 inch pythons. But I hope we don't get a match.

The only way i'd accept Hogan being involved in a bell to bell match at WrestleMania, or any show at all is if he is a special referee for a unification WWE championship match.

Hogan will get the pop he desires, Vince will make the money he desires, and we'll get the "No More Matches" that we desire.

If Hulk Hogan comes back it would definitely be ludicrous if he won the wwe title(or any title for that matter). It looks like he is going to come back as he has made it clear he has no interest in TNA. If/when he comes back they should do a 30 year Hulkamania celebration for a raw episode. They should do that, have him induct Macho man in the HOF, and he should of course do something at wm 30 except wrestle. If he comes back just for those 3 things I'll be happy.

Some fans have a bad memory. You know what happened at Backlash 2002? Hulk Hogan defeated Triple H for the Undisputed Championship during the whole "Rebirth Of Hulkamania" storyline. If that's not enough nostalgia for you, then you're beyond help.

In 2014, you're talking about a broken down 60 year old man competing for and winning the most prestigious world title in pro wrestling? Sorry, but as fan, I have higher expectations for the quality of matches at Wrestlemania, especially when you consider the more recent Shawn/Taker matches, Rock/Cena at Wrestlemania 28, and for my money, Punk/Taker this year. You can only stretch suspension of disbelief so far, and you're crossing the line for suggesting a hobbled old man, who can't wrestle anything resembling a competitive match winning the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania.

Have Hulk Hogan come to the rescue of a comedy face that's taking a beating from The Real Americans at Wrestlemania XXX. The true Real American takes out Swagger, Cesaro, and Coulter, and the fans will give Hogan his standing ovation, guaranteed. That's a plausible, and more importantly, realistic scenario for Hogan being involved in Wrestlemania XXX for a nostalgia kick. But a WWE Championship match? It's an asinine suggestion.

Personal fandom is a funny thing.

TNA: Hogan needs to put young guys over. He's too old to be out there as the star of the show.

WWE: Hogan should win the title and be WWE Champion at Wrestlemania!

Hogan should certainly be at Wrestlemania XXX because he was the reason the show was invented in the first place. However, if you've seen any of Hogan's disasters in recent years, you know he has no business in a ring whatsoever. That kind of stuff is acceptable in a low rent place like TNA, but it has zero place on what should be one of the biggest shows ever. If you want him to come in for a save, Hulk Up and punch someone with MAYBE a legdrop that's fine, but the idea of him working in a full match would be a disaster.

May I remind you of let's go with Judgment Day 2002? When Hogan made Biker Taker look like Kurt Angle on the best day of his career? Hogan was an old man ten years ago and today is nearly a senior citizen. Have him come out, talk, do something with some young heel, and let it end. That's the only thing he needs to do and the only way for him to come off looking respectable.

Dude this is a great idea. Hogan winning the title at Mania would bring in so much money. What do you guys think about this. Have Iron Sheik enter and win the Rumble. Then have Hogan win the elimination chamber match for the WWE title by pinning Orton after a 30 minute technical masterpiece. This will lead to Sheik vs Hogan in the Main event of wrestlemania for the WWE title in a 60 minute Iron Man Match. Have nobody get a fall, and go into sudden death over time. Where Hulk Hogan wins with a moonsault off the top rope. Then while he is celebrating have Jimmy Snuka, who won the Money in the bank briefcase earlier in the night, unsuccessfully cash in on Hogan. Hogan celebrates and everyone goes home happy. WM30 best ever...BOOK IT VINCE LMFAO!!!!

Good lord....another one of these threads. I'm starting to long for the days when you'd see half a dozen or so "Cena sucks" threads pop up in a 3 to 4 week period.

If someone is still a fan of Hogan, good for you. I'm not gonna knock who somebody's a fan of or whatever. However, the notion that Hulk Hogan should ultimately wind up wrestling in WWE and win a championship is ludicrous. Why? Because he fucking can't fucking wrestle any fucking more, that's why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It's time to get over the nostalgia kick people, it really is. Hulk Hogan's a 60 year old man who's body is held together with artificial joints and prayers. He can't work anything remotely resembling a competitive wrestling match anymore. Considering his age, Hogan looks like he's in great shape. He's still able to go to the gym to hang & bang and it shows, but that doesn't mean he can wrestle.

Also, exactly when did Hogan become this big draw once again, all of a sudden? Hogan hasn't drawn a dime during the 3.5 years he's been associated with TNA. If the reports over the past several months are accurate, TNA's hemorrhaging money the entire time he's been there. There's no long term money to be made with Hulk Hogan, especially not in satisfying the momentary urges of nostalgiaholics everywhere by putting the WWE Championship on him when he can't even physically wrestle to defend it.

IF Hogan shows back up in WWE anytime soon, I admit that his presence will help pop a rating for Raw. It'll almost certainly happen for the sheer novelty of Hulk Hogan appearing live on WWE television for the first time in almost a decade. And when the ratings came out the next day, the die hard Hogan marks will be proclaiming Hogan's greatness based on that single showing before the proclamations suddenly wink out candles being blown out once the ratings go back to normal even with Hogan front & center going forward.

I'm all for the guy coming back and giving people a good nostalgia moment. Let him get in the ring, pose for a bit, play to the crowd, maybe beat up some low level heels like 3MB and hype WrestleMania XXX. IF he's physically healthy enough to wrestle to any degree, which will be determined with WWE officials putting him through a barrage of medical exams, then stick in in something like a 6 or 8 man tag team match at WrestleMania XXX where he's protected. Let him come in a few times, deliver a few punches, maybe a bodyslam or two, etc. and let the other guys on his team carry the other 99% of the match. Hell, maybe even work the ending after the action breaks down and the big brawl starts to where Hogan is able to score the win for his team. But winning the WWE Championship in "celebration" of the 30th anniversary of his first WWF Championship win and/or wrestling in one of the top matches at WrestleMania XXX? No....just....just..no.

You know, your argument is the same reason all these people on here asking for SCSA v C.M. Punk at WMXXX are ludicrous. Because, like Hogan, "Stone Cold" can't wrestle anymore, and people need to get over him.

Austin can't wrestle anymore because of his neck, and also chooses not to anymore. Hell, he can't even be bothered to show up for the 1000th Raw or the 20th Anniversary show.

Hogan is the same. Hogan is such a glory-hog, that if he could still physically wrestle, he would have by now. Hogan is done, has a plastic hip and a bad back, and doesn't need the money anymore. If Hogan did it, it would be for his ego, and he would have to win, which would be ridiculous.

Those who say that HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN can't win the title because he can't wrestle I say Daniel Brian proved that theory wrong when he lost the WHC in 18 seconds at WrestleMania. So if a healthy but puny mid carder like Bryan can do it then why not a legend like HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN. Also Bret Hart won the US title and he's in worse shape than HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN. Both Vince and Triple H have often used the phrase "best for business" and no matter if HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN can wrestle a five star match or not, I can easily see them putting the belt on him again. Not for a long run, but to capitalize on the anniversary and make him as marketable as possible.

And let's not forget everyone of those money in the bank title changes. No matches there. Beck, HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN himself already won the title in just a few seconds at WrestleMania IX.. All of this proves that HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN doesn't have to wrestle a good match to become champion. Any little something to get the belt will do. Then the real marketing begins.

]Those who say that HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN can't win the title because he can't wrestle I say Daniel Brian proved that theory wrong when he lost the WHC in 18 seconds at WrestleMania. So if a healthy but puny mid carder like Bryan can do it then why not a legend like HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN[/B]. Also Bret Hart won the US title and he's in worse shape than HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN. Both Vince and Triple H have often used the phrase "best for business" and no matter if HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN can wrestle a five star match or not, I can easily see them putting the belt on him again. Not for a long run, but to capitalize on the anniversary and make him as marketable as possible.

And let's not forget everyone of those money in the bank title changes. No matches there. Beck, HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN himself already won the title in just a few seconds at WrestleMania IX.. All of this proves that HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN doesn't have to wrestle a good match to become champion. Any little something to get the belt will do. Then the real marketing begins.

So by losing the title in 18 seconds, Daniel Bryan proved that Hogan can do it too???

The fuck are you saying man!

Here's the deal. Giving Hogan a title run, will hurt the title. And will hurt anyone he beats at this ripe old age of his. Do I want him in a segment in Mania? Of corz I do. Maybe a little match/confrontation that lasts 10 minutes tops? I'd be ok. But a title run is asinine and Hulkamaniacs need to stop taking their vitamins now.

I could see Hogan being prominently featured. I finished re watching WM 29 and noted that the torch was finally passed from Rock to Cena. What if next year, Cena overcomes as he typically does; he goes to the stage, out walks Rock. Raises cenas hand. Out walks hogan, raises cenas hand. Out walks Stone Cold, ric flair. And right there ya got a mount rushmore of wrestling, wrestlemania moment. Hulk can add an important historical presence to help validate the roster
I personally would not like to see hogan struggle to get through another match. We never got a Hogan-cena feud.
If you put yourself in WWEs shoes, ya gotta ask is there still money in hogan? And how do you feature hogan at this point? Its hard to reflect on 30 years of wrestlemania without thinking of hogan. I think its the right thing to do, to bring back the guy who helped build that event.

Why not just bring back Bruno Sammartino at Wrestlemania XXX and have the match that never was - Hogan v. Sammartino.

Heck, throw in Cena and make it a triple threat.

You have to remember as well the potential for self mockery as well, after all they portrayed the Huckster 20 years ago pretty much as Hogan is now... would they really want to put the real "old man" version out there to wrestle having mocked him for being an old man back then and how they were better cos they didn't use him?

If WWE is going to do this at all......and if they do, how vigorously they're going to push it.....Hogan is going to wind up laying out a few people, even if it's not in a sanctioned wrestling match. The problem with his physical participation isn't really him hitting someone; but rather, his getting hit. I think they can have him deliver a couple shots without getting hit in return, satisfying the Hulkamaniacs who are interesting in seeing this dreck without taking a chance on Hulk's well-being.

That said, I truly wonder how hard WWE would want to push a 30th anniversary for Hogan, given: (1) How much time has passed, and (2) That he's spent the last 3 years with another wrestling organization, trying to take down the company that would now be looking to honor him.

Terry Bollea feels the public would go absolutely wild to see him exalted in this fashion (or he at least tries to sell sports entertainment companies on that notion) but while it would be nice to see him appear in WWE again, I wonder if it's proper to go too hog-wild over the concept.

The 80's were a long time ago.....and Hulk Hogan can hardly be considered a WWE loyalist during most of those years.

So by losing the title in 18 seconds, Daniel Bryan proved that Hogan can do it too???

The fuck are you saying man!
I'm saying that WWE has already set the precedent that they ate fine with quick world title changes without having a decent match even at WrestleMania. So to say that HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN can't wrestle a match is irrelevant. This is WWE, the MITB fed were most World title changes take place without a match at all. So he won't have to be able to wrestle a top match.

Here's the deal. Giving Hogan a title run, will hurt the title. And will hurt anyone he beats at this ripe old age of his. Do I want him in a segment in Mania? Of corz I do. Maybe a little match/confrontation that lasts 10 minutes tops? I'd be ok. But a title run is asinine and Hulkamaniacs need to stop taking their vitamins now.
Hurt the title? ROFLMAO! How can the title possibly be degraded and more than it already has? And a 10 minute match is nearly double what he wrestled to face the Iron Sheik so that would be more than enough time. See there? Even you think it can be done.

I still don't support the notion of Hogan going into WrestleMania and winning a title or even wrestling a match, again due to what he could do to himself in a physical sense. However, for those that say that Hogan would use his ego and creative control to demand a WrestleMania victory against whomever they'd match him up against, I would say that we've forgotten moments like WrestleMania 18, where he lost to The Rock.

I really think this Hogan creative control matter is severely overstated and is a product of internet urban legend in wrestling. Again, that's not to say that he never had clout on anything, I think we need to stop and remember that all the industry's juggernauts have clout. But for all the talk of Hogan's creative control how did he not have the WCW title for his entire stint? Hogan had been known to not wrestle on pay per views as champion in the past, so him holding the title for so long and not showing at certain events wouldn't be a surprise.

Anyway, unless Hogan is matched up against someone like Vince McMahon again, I doubt he'll win a match. If he gets put up against someone like Cena, it's a sure bet he's not going to go over him. And realistically the only opponent I could see Hogan going up against is Cena or rematching Vince. I don't think they'd put him in a match against The Undertaker.

And again all of this relies on whether WWE would even allow Hogan to wrestle in the first place? Above all, that has to happen first before anyone can really start bitching about anything.

Just having Hogan in someform at Wrestlemania will be great. I dont want to see him in a match, and I dont want to just see a backstage promo. It would be awesome I think if theyc had a 30 years of Wrestlemania battle roayl where some of the greatest names in WWE history are paraded. Get to hear their theme hit throughout a massive arena one final time. Hogan of course could win, last eliminatin Piper or Orndorff or Bundy, ine of his major Mania opponents that is still alive. He could have a pose etc like he does one final time on the big stage, and alot of the veterans could get the shared rub, 15-20 feel good moment match in between the main events, similar I guess to the gimmick battle royal at Mania 17, exceot have Austin, Rock, Hogan, Warrior, Roberts, Demolition, Piper, Steamboat, Michaels, Bret Hart, little feel good moments could happen, hell Hogan and Austin could trade blows, something we didnt ever really get to see, barring a couple of nWo vs Rock and Austin clashes on Raw in 2002. Apart from that, Hogan can then be used going forward as a figurehead, maybe Vince's represenative to be the on-air GM post Mania

Just having Hogan in someform at Wrestlemania will be great. I dont want to see him in a match, and I dont want to just see a backstage promo. It would be awesome I think if theyc had a 30 years of Wrestlemania battle roayl where some of the greatest names in WWE history are paraded. Get to hear their theme hit throughout a massive arena one final time. Hogan of course could win, last eliminatin Piper or Orndorff or Bundy, ine of his major Mania opponents that is still alive. He could have a pose etc like he does one final time on the big stage, and alot of the veterans could get the shared rub, 15-20 feel good moment match in between the main events, similar I guess to the gimmick battle royal at Mania 17, exceot have Austin, Rock, Hogan, Warrior, Roberts, Demolition, Piper, Steamboat, Michaels, Bret Hart, little feel good moments could happen, hell Hogan and Austin could trade blows, something we didnt ever really get to see, barring a couple of nWo vs Rock and Austin clashes on Raw in 2002. Apart from that, Hogan can then be used going forward as a figurehead, maybe Vince's represenative to be the on-air GM post Mania

Boss, those are some good thoughts and ideas. I didn't think of those, one thing I was thinking of, that to be honest I had heard from other wrestling fans before is about a working relationship with WWE and Hogan for the upcoming network. For instance, I think Hogan would be a great host for programming and promotional work for WWE's network.

Since Hogan has wrestled very little since his last major WWF/E stint (2002-2006), I've a feeling like others have said on this posting, the reason he has wrestled so little is because he can't. Should the WWE network get off the ground for February 2014 like it's been said, that's the perfect way for Hogan to have another association with the promotion. That's the option I'm hoping for.

However, for those who are Hogan haters that irrationally bash him for every little thing he does, nothing will make any of you happy.

Goodness, I hope this is just speculation by the few fans Hulk Hogan has left after spending the last 10 years of his life tarnishing his own legacy.

I'm sure WWE will do something at Wrestlemania with regards to Hogan, personally, I'd use him in an angle with the Real Americans beating down some face, or mocking the fans. Real American hits, Hogan gimps to the ring, throws a few punches, drops a leg, if possible, and poses. No major bonanza is needed, people know who Hogan is, and there's no need to introduce him to a new generation of fans. It's just that: Hogan isn't just from another Era of wrestling and still in wrestling shape like The Rock. He's from another generation, and their time is come and gone. When Dixie Carter of all people comes out and says that Hogan was given too much TV time, that's telling.

Hogan would be nothing but damaging to the product and the title in a prominent role and with a championship win. These days, wrestling in the WWE into your 40's is old, as all of the stars such as HHH, HBK, and Undertaker of that age are either altogether retired, or part-time players at best, nowhere near titles. Why should a 60-year old Hogan be winning a title because it's his 30th Anniversary since he won one? Being that it's been 30 years since his first World Championship in the WWF, that's all-the-more reason to keep him away from there, as a broken down star from a different generation simply shouldn't be winning titles.

Hogan is the greatest of all-time, and his legacy will undeniably reflect this far after he's gone. But his time has passed, and injecting Hogan into the WWE product at the top of the heap wouldn't be a bonanza or a celebration of a career. It would reak of desperation, and as far and away the #1 wrestling promotion in the world, WWE is anything but.

Hogan's the past, and while he should be honored and appreciated for all that he's done, his wrestling career should remain in the past tense.

I disagree with Hogan being in a match at Mania. Him winning the title is absurd. 30 years of Hulkamania would be a great marketing tool to generate money for merchandise and a dvd or two and someone mentioned him hosting a wrestling show on the network. Good idea. But winning a title in his physical condition, let alone his age? NO. A gimmick battle royal isn't a bad idea but again, could he do it? Not in my opinion. A run in would work where he saves someone getting beat up. Maybe at Mania the Real Americans implode. After losing, Coulter and Swagger blame Cesaro and attack him, or Coulter and Cesaro blame Swagger and start beating up on him and out comes Hogan, delivers a few punches, a body slam, and a leg drop if possible. Poses with his new friend, and this would make for a great feud as it would push the heel Real American and the newly face Real American. Someone even mentioned a 6 man tag against 3MB and that could work since Hogan can sit on the apron and at the end of the match end up with the pin, pose for the crowd, and everyone is happy. Someone mentioned have Hogan induct Macho Man but they had beef, so that wont happen.

Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 30? Absolutely. Hulk Hogan in some sort of a match? Why not. Hulk Hogan winning the WWE Title? No, no, never ever.

There is no way that they are going to have Wrestlemania 30 all about Hogan. It just doesn't make sense. I realise that he is the biggest star in the history of wrestling but there isn't the same appeal there once was. There is some appeal, people do want to see Hogan and will definitely lose it when they see him but having him win the WWE Championship is a ridiculous suggestion.

There is always the notion that Hogan will only return if all his outrages demands are catered for. For example, in TNA they put his daughter into the forefront of the biggest storyline going. There is no way that Hulk will be able to bully Vince and HHH. They will simply tell him to fuck off because they have other incredible names. Not quite Hulk Hogan, but guys who legends nonetheless.

I personally think it should be no more than him and two others vs 3MB. That is as far as it should go. Him Hulking up, a big boot and a leg-drop. Thank you very much Hulk.

Good heavens, I cannot believe that in 2013 some people are suggesting that HULK HOGAN win the WWE Championship...wow...just wow.

I fully expect Hogan to reappear on WWE TV in the near future. Whether its to celebrate 30 years on Hulkamania, promote Wrestlemania 30, or just to surprise the fans and try and cash in yet again on the Hogan nostalgia that alot of the fans still have, he WILL be on WWE programming soon, I can almost guarantee it.

But should he wrestle again? Probably not. At least not in a singles match. Hogan is shot physically, his hips and back are absolutely wrecked and if he did wrestle in a singles match, it would be Bret v Vince levels of suck. However, could he be a part of a 6-man tag team match? I think he probably could, as I saw him wrestle in s 6 man tag team match on the TNA UK tour a couple of years ago. All Hogan did was throw a few punches, bodyslam someone and do his posing routine but the fans absolutely loved it. If Hulk is physically able to participate in a tag team match, then it would be fun for the fans to see at the 30th Wrestlemania.

But win the WWE title? GOD NO

The only match Hogan should be involved in would be a tag team affair with Warrior and possibly Sheamus involved against the Real Americans and Barrett... Sheamus turns and beats down the veterans for some massive heat perhaps setting him up for a one on one with Warrior (or Barrett could do it).

Hogan and Warrior work for me at Mania, you add one more current guy and Sheamus is the obvious pick. Even without a turn it would protect Hogan and Warrior from doing risky finishes... Hogan might struggle with the Big Boot these days but the Brouge Kick works just as well, Warrior then hits the splash... Sure it'd suck for whoever they face to lose but that's where my turn stuff comes in... even if they lost the match if Sheamus then turns and they get their beatdown the balance is restored.

But Hogan should not be in any singles, title or other match than a 6 man and even that is a risk in itself.

Why should a 60-year old Hogan be winning a title because it's his 30th Anniversary since he won one?
One word., "money". That's all that matters here. Those marks who think it's about title credibility, realism, or being fair to younger talent are fools. If that was true there would be no MITB, Undertaker, streak, no crazy characters, no celebrities no 5 foot nothing champions etc. It's about marketing and money and this 30 year HULKAMANIA bonanza is an opportunity to make a fortune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back