Is Triple H's Wrestlemania legacy comparable to the likes of Taker & HBK?

Is HHH's Wrestlemania legacy significant compared to other great legends?

• I believe so, yeah.

• Comparable to Hulkamania, Mr. Wrestlemania, and The Streak? U must be joking!

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Ace of Knaves

Getting Noticed By Management
For this topic, I shall explain a little bit about it.

When it comes to Wrestlemania, it is believed to be the place where superstars become legends and legends become immortals. Along the course of its 26 run, we've seen many great come and go, many moments take place, and many great matches presented. And thus, it gave birth to the legacies of many stars.

Hulk Hogan was basically the founding father of WWE & Wrestlemania with his Hulkamania run and main evented Wrestlemania 8 times.

Bret Hart carried Wrestlemania during The New Generation Era with his matches against Owen, HBK, and Austin.

Shawn Michaels is, forever and always, Mr. Wrestlemania.

Undertaker has his infamous Wrestlemania Undefeated Streak.

Stone Cold & The Rock defined the Attitude Era three times when they faced each other at Wrestlemania.

These legends are the names synonymous with WWE & Wrestlemania when you think about it.

But where does this leave HHH? Love him or hate him, but he's a pivotal part of WWE from the 1990's until today, thus making himself synonymous with WWE asl well. It kinda surprises me when I realized his Wrestlemania legacy isn't as significant as other legends who're synonymous with WWE. Unlike those legends, he doesn't have a claim to fame at Wrestlemania.

I mean, what's his legacy? Main eventing Wrestlemania 6 times? Hulk Hogan did that 8 times, so that's not really a claim to fame I guess.

And also, although many believe him to be a legend, Triple H hasn't had a 1 on 1 match for the ages at WM. I mean, look at fellow other god-tier legends who are synonymous with WWE. They all got at least one match that is considered to be the greatest ever or symbolized an era:

Hulk Hogan got his matches with Andre (WM 3), Warrior (WM 6), and Rock (WM 18).

Andre The Giant got his match with Hogan (WM 3).

Randy Savage got one with Ricky Steamboat (WM 3).

Ultimate Warrior got his match with Hogan (WM 6).

Bret Hart got his match with Owen (WM 10), HBK (WM 12), and Austin (WM 13).

Shawn Michaels got his matches with Ramon (WM 10), Bret (WM 12), Austin (WM 14), Angle (WM 21), and Taker (WM 25 & 26).

Austin got his matches with Bret (WM 13), HBK (WM 14), and Rock (WM 15, 17, and 19).

Rock got his matches with Austin (WM 15, 17, and 19) and Hogan (WM 18).

Kurt Angle got his two matches with Brock Lesnar (WM 19) and HBK (WM 21).

Undertaker got his back to back matches with HBK (WM 25 & 26).

No hard feelings, but the only two Triple H Wrestlemania matches I consider to be classic was his match with Undertaker at Wrestlemania 17 and Benoit & Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 20. But the match with Undertaker hardly defines any era whereas in the other match he was greatly (and obviously) overshadowed and outperformed by both Benoit & HBK during the match so I can't really give and let's be the honest, and let's face it, IT WAS NOT EVEN A 1 ON 1 MATCH!!!

And I must admit his match with Taker (although it was insanely good) is nowhere near the once in a lifetime status of, say, Austin/Bret, Rock/Hogan, or Taker/HBK.

The rest of his WM matches are either so so or completely pathetic. WM 12 match with Warrior was worse than Taker vs Gonzales. His WM 15 match with Kane was a mess. The main event in WM 16 & 18 s*cked balls big time. His WM 19, 21, 22, and 24 matches were average. Definitely nothing to write home about. His WM 25 match was crazily unwatchable. His WM 26 match bored the crowd to tears.

It's sad if HHH retire without even having a 1 on 1 match at Wrestlemania which is remembered along the same lines of Andre/Hogan, Steamboat/Savage, Bret/Owen, Rock/Austin, Lesnar/HBK, and HBK/Taker despite being one of the most important figures in the history of the company.

So, I shall end my explanation for now. I'd like to know your opinion about this matter.

And if u don't mind, answer this:

Do u think Triple H will ever have a 1 on 1 era defining match at Wrestlemania? One that will be remembered alongside the lines of Hogan/Warrior, Bret/Owen, Rock/Austin, Angle/Lesnar, and Taker/HBK?

Im as big a triple h fan as anyone, but i have to agree with u....his best match was against undertaker and the triple threat with benoit and hbk...but the taker match wasnt "epic" or anything and the triple threat was more about benoit...but if u think about it, he never really had an opponent to make it feel "epic"...hogan had andre, hbk and bret, hogan and warrior, etc...who did triple h get when he hit his prime?? that ******ed 4 way at wm 2000, taker, jericho who wasnt that good at the time and wasnt as important, booker t whos pretty good but not an epic opponent, the triple threat, batista, and hhh made him look good, but hardly epic, cena (which the side switching of the crowd was hilarious), etc......then again, triple h is usually a heel and heels never get their "moments" cause its wrestlemania and they try to make it "feel-good"....

Nope. Triple H has made his mark at other PPVs moreso than WrestleMania. He'll have to settle for being the King of the Elimination Chamber.

Triple H's legacy in WrestleMania is the place he puts others over.
He has a poor win loss record on the grandest stage of em all.

And if he goes onto face Taker at Mania he will lose another one and Game Set Match for the Cerebral Assasin.

His greatest WrestleMania matches were earlier in his My Time run as the heel WWF corporate champion but those weren't one on one
and against The Undertaker at Mania 17.
other than that he's more played the I'm the greatest, face me on the grandest stage and i'll make you famous card.

Though his match against Batista was pretty good considering

He didn't need Mania for a legacy, he had long lasting, impact and involvement behind him and carried alot of the year

Triple H's legacy in WrestleMania is the place he puts others over.
He has a poor win loss record on the grandest stage of em all.

And if he goes onto face Taker at Mania he will lose another one and Game Set Match for the Cerebral Assasin.

His greatest WrestleMania matches were earlier in his My Time run as the heel WWF corporate champion but those weren't one on one
and against The Undertaker at Mania 17.
other than that he's more played the I'm the greatest, face me on the grandest stage and i'll make you famous card.

Though his match against Batista was pretty good considering

He didn't need Mania for a legacy, he had long lasting, impact and involvement behind him and carried alot of the year

I more or less completely agree with this. Ace you know how much of a HHH fan I am ;) but he doesn't have the WM status that many of the true legends of the WWE have and in reality he never will.

He will always be remembered as the King of Kings, the best Elimination Chamber competitor, most WWE championships etc. etc. but that is one thing he has lacked.

I personally think that the WWE should have gone with Rock V HHH at WM2000 as it was at the height of their fued and could have further pushed HHH as 'The Game', the true pinacle of wrestling, but I understand why they had to involve Foley and how the McMahon in every corner angle made sense.

I really do hope they don't go with this Career v Streak thing again, it's been done and I reckon Sheamus could get a massive boost if they go 1 on 1 again and he beats HHH silly.

Now look its like this if u look hunter is real close 2 bein the RIC FLAIR []DID I JUST SAY THAT] of this time. Think about it 13 titles with couple of years left in his tank. Do think the taker can top that no its over for him he washed up and if sting get a hold of him the streak over 2; now on 2 the next 1 hbk a badass s.o.b mr.wm the showstopper between him and hunter who had a outcold fueds 1 of best thats in the top 10 of all times. Now in that fued who got the most wins ok my point. U guys dont give hhh his props he went from bein number2 man in dx 2 the undisputed leader dx makin hbk number2 man in dx. case closed.............

What I think it is.. In the last decade, he always went into WrestleMania with a title.. until last year that is.. I think it's too late now, and his best match was against Taker at WM17.. He never really went into a storyline that never involved the world title.. He had a good match with Cena and made Cena look good when he tapped out? I disagree with the OP when he says the match with Orton was crazily unwatchable, when is was actually a good match and had a good story behind it.. The only reason why people do say it was crap was because it couldn't top HBK vs Taker that happened before it..

Also maybe if he had taken on HBK at some wrestlemania, now that would have been a good match!

see the only reason HHH doesnt get his props is because we as fans dont like him because we all watch the videos on youtube where other wrestlers bitch about triple H, we all think at the back of our minds that the only reason HHH go over was because he married stephine, which to me is bull shit, think about it HHH has had some of the best feuds in the WWE the one with Austin(epic),vince McMahon(1999), HBk, he took on the old WCW stars in 2003 Scott steiner, kevin Nash, Booker T, Goldberg, he was the WWE in 1999-2000 with the rock but back to the point,

his match with Batista at WM21 was a great moment he got the big man over, his moment with John Cena at WM22 made Cena look legit as a champ by taping out, so i think your al under rating him I think when we Look back at HHH's Wrestlemaina monet his has quiet a few and one of the best career's to date

just my opinion!

see the only reason HHH doesnt get his props is because we as fans dont like him because we all watch the videos on youtube where other wrestlers bitch about triple H, we all think at the back of our minds that the only reason HHH go over was because he married stephine, which to me is bull shit, think about it HHH has had some of the best feuds in the WWE the one with Austin(epic),vince McMahon(1999), HBk, he took on the old WCW stars in 2003 Scott steiner, kevin Nash, Booker T, Goldberg, he was the WWE in 1999-2000 with the rock but back to the point,

his match with Batista at WM21 was a great moment he got the big man over, his moment with John Cena at WM22 made Cena look legit as a champ by taping out, so i think your al under rating him I think when we Look back at HHH's Wrestlemaina monet his has quiet a few and one of the best career's to date

just my opinion!

I'm sorry, I understand pretty well HHH put over both Cena and Batista, but what I'm talking here is that his personal lasting legacies. If we are talking about putting people over then Taker also put over Kane at WM 14 and Orton at WM 21. He also tried to put over Gonzales, Bundy, Boss Man, A-Train, and Mark Henry although he was unsuccessful in all those attempts.

So sorry, I really wouldn't call putting two men over a legacy on the same level with The Streak or Hulkamania.

No.

As great as The Game is, and he HAS had a couple of great matches at WM, his achievements on the grandest stage of them all pale in comparison to the likes of Undertaker and his epic streak, HBK who never failed to steal the show at WM and Hulk Hogan.

Triple H has never really had that career-defining WM "moment" either, and I hope he gets the opportunity to achieve that before he calls it a day. He deserves to go into a WM red hot and win the title in a great match before he retires, rather than either lose or defend the belt. His one WM title victory against Jericho really wasn't a particularly good match and was completely overshadowed by the Hogan v Rock match (which should have been main event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back