Is this the beginning of the end of Christian on ECW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rko57

The Icon
Im curious, Wrestlemania is coming up very fast, and Christian has had the ECW title for most of 2009 (April-June, and then July-now) and he has done a very good job as champion and leader of the brand.

Shelton Benjamin is now basically proving that he can be a champion, and ECW is that place to be in the WWE if you are trying to do that. My question is does Shelton Benjamin win the ECW Title and become the new leader of ECW while Christian leaves to go on and do better things on RAW or Smackdown? Christian's time to leave ECW is coming, and it's coming fast. Just from Survivor Series, its pretty obvious that now Vince is possibly seeing Christian is an up and coming championship contender. Does he leave in the draft after Wrestlemania? Does he win Money-In-The-Bank and cash in his breifcase to have him leave? Does he reunite with Edge and possibly feud with Jerishow at Wrestlemania?

What do ya'll think? Is TLC the beginning of the end for Captain Charisma on ECW? Your thoughts please!

i think that Christian is coming to the end of ECW. Shelton is ten times a better athlete, and the fans get bored of ECW when there's a long title run. Maybe shelton can win, but zack trys to take the title. IDK but I am sick of Christian.

I don't think this is the end yet. They've started talking about him being the longest reigning current champion in the company right now, and seem happy with him holding the gold. He's the biggest draw they have, and the best all-around worker.

I'd like to see him hold the belt until either Elimination Chamber (and then win MiTB), or WrestleMania. If he holds it until Mania, then the winner will get a huge rub by ending the almost year-long run with the belt, and Christian will be going down in style on a grand stage.

I would be surprised to see him lose the belt to Shelton right now. If he's going to win the belt, it should have a little build, and not happen in a throw away match on a filler PPV.

I think that Christian will be either the ECW Champion until either the Rumble or EC. Then at WM26 he wins MiTB. My reasons:

If he were to lose it at the Rumble, then he would be able to have his rematch with the champion at EC. If he were to lose in a valiant effort a 2nd time, it would make that new champion seem like a more legitimate champion after beating the longest reigning champion of 2009 not only once, but twice. This officially ends Christian on ECW by him putting over a superstar and helping him move on to better things at the same time, like Money-In-The-Bank. If he were to win MiTB, then that makes him a threat to the champion at any time and instantly makes him a big star on either RAW or SD and then everyone gets to see Christian take the big stage

i think christian is gonna lose because he has been champion for a long time and it seems they are trying to push shelton as the next face of the brand. Either way i expect a good match a TLC.

I don't know if this is the beginning of the end of Christian's run on ECW, however I do think he will drop the ECW Championship to Shelton Benjamin at TLC. For the simple fact that Christian has been ECW Champ for 4 months, and with this being his 7th title defense, I think it's time for him to drop the title. Not that I think he should no longer be champ, nor do I think Shelton Benjamin needs the title as soon as possible... I just think WWE is ready to have him lose the title, and Shelton Benjamin is the most logical choice at this point. I also think that because this will be his first ppv title defense since Breaking Point, so it makes sense.

After losing the ECW Championship, and most likely losing his rematch also, Christian won't likely have much of an impact on the ECW brand. He's basically been the face of ECW since his debut in February. He's remained in the title picture ever since. Assume he does lose at TLC... what will happen to him until the draft? He could win the Royal Rumble, he could win the Money in the Bank, he could find a non-title fued. Without switching brands, Christian doesn't have many options, I don't think.

So, if this is the beginning of the end of Christian on ECW, I say lose the title to Shelton Benjamin at TLC. If not, let him hold the title a bit longer and have him lose it when his run is almost over. Or if he must lose at TLC, put him in another high-profile fued that might not have the title involved, afterwards.

I always like Christian I hope he leaves ECW. I really don't like ECW what so ever. ECW doesn't even stand for what it did before Extreme Championship Wrestling write? Isn't it Entertainment Championship Wrestling now? I hope Christian goes to Smackdown since they lost Rey. He could be there in his place or whenever Booker T is going to make his comeback to the WWE. He'll probably go to Smackdown as well

Although this would be highly unlikely i would love to Christian win the rumble with the chance to choose between Smackdown/raw , Edge to return at No Way Out to steal the title in a Edge sort of way to set up a Edge/Christain title match at mania. Just for something diffrent.

Personally, I'd love to see Christian retain the ECW title all the way through into the new year, dropping it at WrestleMania. (NOTE: I do not think this will happen.) Regardless, right now he is building tremendous momentum as a dominant champ, and WWE needs that at the moment. Besides, as has previously been mentioned, the E seems to be taking real joy in touting him as the longest-reigning champ in the organization.

While everyone is constantly pushing for Christian to drop the belt and jump to Smackdown! (or Raw, for that matter, but most likely Smackdown!), I don't think that's the healthiest move for him at the moment. Since his debut in ECW last February, he's been given two solid runs at top. Based on speculation after his return from TNA, that's more than most expected him to get. It's offering him a true proving ground to see what it is like with Christian carrying a brand.

If he drops the title to Shelton at TLC, and if he makes a move to another brand, it'll probably be quite a while before we see him hold a title in any major capacity. Need proof? Look at how dominant Jack Swagger was during his tenure in ECW. Now that he's on RAW, it's taken him nearly six months to regain any real momentum at all, and he's only in the U.S. title hunt.

Further, I'm not convinced that Shelton is the guy to take the strap from Christian. Sure, he's a fairly amazing in-ring talent, but how can ECW be built around a performer with absolutely ZERO marketable mic skills? Simply put, while he has all of the skills necessary in the ring, he can't cut a promo to save his life! Where carrying the brand is concerned, that's arguably MORE important than being able to work a great match.

My suggestion would be to give Christian another couple months with the belt, building him as the WWE's most dominant champ of the last year. Then when he does make the jump to another brand, he'll be in a position to move directly into contention for a championship. I'd most like to see Christian retain at TLC, maybe dropping the belt at The Royal Rumble. That would allow him to get a return match in Feb., which he would lose, and then go to WrestleMania and take MITB.

Having the briefcase and guaranteed World title shot, he could then move easily onto Smackdown! positioned as an automatic contender. With Rey out for an extended period, Edge scheduled to return at some unspecified time and only Batista as a real contender to the Undertaker's title, Christian could jump instantly into the chase.

It would be the best use of his skills and attributes possible, without allowing him to lose and need to regain the momentum he has in ECW. As for who he should drop the belt to, I'm not certain that person is even IN ECW at the moment. WWE has a penchant for bringing new talent in and throwing the belt on them fairly quickly. The rest have been just used to elevate Christian's reign to a bragging point. Shelton looks like he might be the one right now to end that, but I'm unconvinced.

I do think this is the beginning of the end for Christian but I still think think he has a while left yet. I would wait to see how Shelton performs at TLC and see how the crowd react to him before giving him the belt,then if he impresses, let him go over at RR or NWO.

Then what most likely will happen is Christian getting drafted to either Raw or Smackdown after WrestleMania

Heh, I do see Christian's time in ECW running out. But Shelton as the leader and champ of an entire brand? I can't see that. But I think Christian is definetly making a name for himself! And should hold the belt up until near the draft, so he can have more credibility and move onto bigger and better things on either RAW or Smackdown. I think Grandpa Vinnie is starting to realize what he missed out on.

I sure hope this isnt the end of Christian's run in ECW yet. As much as I want him in the title hunt on one of the bigger shows, with Danielson heading to ECW, how good could a feud between the two be? Could produce some solid PPV matches for the ECW brand and possibly get them some good ratings. The only way i see him dropping the title to Shelton Benjamin is if WWE has the plans for Christian to win the rumble.

I was thinking along the same lines as bnn. Could Danielson be the new Christian? Beats Christian in a non-title match, then gets a title shot? I dunno, I'd like to see a good feud between two proven stars, which also puts Shelton Benjamin in my scopes, maybe not anyone else's.

He's already been on ECW long than I was expecting. I suspect a move soon! Hopefully they give the strap to Shelton or another guy that needs that big push towards the main event...

I think Vince know that fans are really behind Christian but he dsnt want to elevate Christian quickly coz it will prove that his stint in TNA made him popular enough that he got a quick push from wwe. Thats a good business point from Vince. I think now he is realising that Christian is ready to elevate coz he made his charactor established and ready to grow. I think Vince wil take tittle off from Christian at TLC. Thats the only logic to have a face vs face match with ladders involved in it so that they can change the tittle and have Benjamin feud with likes of Kozlov, Regal and Ryder. I think Vince will pul a huge surprise for us at rumble(unless edge returns) and let Christain win the rumble. He dsnt really have to win tittle at mania after this but main eventing the mania menas he will have enough credibility to get the tittle anytime but as per your question ECW was always boring since WWE adopted PG era and lost the meaning of word Extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back