Is It Too Late To End The Bret Hart Comeback?

TimetoShine

Dark Match Winner
Now this is coming from a fan of the Hitman, I grew up watching him and he was definitely one of my favorite wrestlers. But these past few weeks, and especially the latest Raw where he came out after Vince, was just painful to watch. Now I know the guy is not physically up to par for a real wrestling match as he has major health issues, but how does this even make for interesting TV? I mean, the poor guy almost hurt himself tearing apart electronic equipment!

I really think this needs to end ,and fast. I would hate to pay $50 or $60 for Wrestlemania to see him in a match at this point, it would feel like a waste of money!

Anyone else feel the same way?

For someone who hasn't been in the ring since 2000, he is doing fine. Bret is my favorite wrestler ever (Got an autographed WWF title by the Hitman himself), and he is improving week end and week out.

It does seem like his balance is off, maybe because of the stroke. But having seen stroke victims in my family and comparing them to Bret he is in tremendous shape for someone that has gone threw the things he has.

The only thing that bothers me is if someone stiff shots Bret, that would scare me big time.

If your pinning your rationale on The Hitman giving a good showing to justify dropping $50+ bucks on the PPV, you have bigger issues to concern yourself with.

At the moment, the whole thing looks like absoulte shit (the whole perspective card) and I may for the first time ever, tell Vince "YOUR NOT GETTING MY MONEY THIS YEAR!" because his storylines all suck right now. He missed the boat with Bret.........HBK should have saved him last week and set up an HBK / Batista match with Hart in his corner and Mc Mahonm in Batista's.

SCREW THIS UNDERTAKER NONSENSE AND A MATCH NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT SEEING......................................AGAIN!

Now this is coming from a fan of the Hitman, I grew up watching him and he was definitely one of my favorite wrestlers. But these past few weeks, and especially the latest Raw where he came out after Vince, was just painful to watch. Now I know the guy is not physically up to par for a real wrestling match as he has major health issues, but how does this even make for interesting TV? I mean, the poor guy almost hurt himself tearing apart electronic equipment!

I really think this needs to end ,and fast. I would hate to pay $50 or $60 for Wrestlemania to see him in a match at this point, it would feel like a waste of money!

Anyone else feel the same way?

are you insane, the guy has had two strokes for gods sakes, i know he fell last night but lets think where he was a couple years ago, in a wheelchair and could barely move his arms. for him to just get in this ring on his own is a feat in its own right. and if your paying that much money to watch wrestlemania and thats what your banking your payment on you havent been watching the other fueds that are building. i can agree he probably shouldnt be doing this but for him to be able to finally put SS 97 in the past by having a match with vince, even if it is scripted is a very big deal to him and i would say alot of wrestling fans out there. crippled or not bret hart having vince tapping out to the sharpshooter at WM will live in fans minds way longer than one of your other fueds.i respect your opinions. and hopefully this has not come off as brash. i just feel that for him to have the guts to attempt this is a tribute to his past career.

mistakes happen and Bret just has to get the feel for things again!!! thats why he's coming back each and every week so he can get the feel for it again!!! i agree I was a little scared last nite when he fell because he looked hurt!!!But Bret is a legend and i know he knows when to hang it up unlike hogan or flair!!!!!! and another thing NFL player Teddy Bruschi had a stroke as well and came back for two more seasons!!! Bret we believe in you!!!

I don't know, perhaps I was watching a different show last night, but I thought Bret was fantastic. Each week this feud keeps getting better and better. Which is how a feud should go. And the fans were really REALLY into it. As a matter of fact, live audience reports have said that he got the pop of the night last night. So saying they should end a feud that is just heating up is completely ridiculous. Because I, for one, am finally FINALLY looking forward to watching Raw again. These past few weeks have been excellent. I watch IMPACT too, and they're putting out nothing that even compares to the WWE right now. Oh wait, never mind, they're running the same storyline. Hulk screwed Kurt. Or was it Hebner who screwed Kurt? Actually, it doesn't matter, because Bret and Vince is THEE feud. Keep watching. In the words of good 'ol JR, "Business is about to pick up."

I know of people who have died from strokes. If they are not killed by a stroke, it could permanently cripple them to where their quality of life is shit.
With that said, the fact that Bret is even in the ring doing any kind of physical exertion is a positive thing. I'm sure the WWE is aware of Bret Hart's physical limitations going into WMXXVI, and no one is more aware then Bret himself. The fact that Bret's doing this at all says to me that he believes he can do it. If not, the storyline would've ended already. Will the McMahon/Hart match be the greatest in the history of this sport? Of course not. But, don't knock it until you've seen the final product. I still believe in the Hitman, and Wrestlemania is still a month and some change away.

Have to say it; Last Night saved the Bret Hart/Vinny Mac storyline for me. It was cool to see the Hitman get some on Vince finally. I have a feeling we might be very pleasantly surprised with the match coming at Wrestlemania. Bret is the man and I think he's going to be able to pull this one off. The only thing that scares me is the aftermath, but if Bret is happy and confident, than I am happy as a fan. Just sit back and enjoy the ride folks!

The only thing that bothers me is if someone stiff shots Bret, that would scare me big time.

I'll bet everyone has VERY strict orders when it comes to hitting Bret. I loved how the security guards last night oversold him throwing them around, made it look really good, but did you notice not a one of them tried to hit him? All they did was line up mostly black ninja style and "attack" one at a time. Even Batista's attack last week, if you watched, his blows were very timed and very careful.

That being said, I agree that The Hitman is improving week after week after week. I wonder how much work he is doing on his own to get ready for this. Knowing Bret's work ethic, he would not have agreed to doing this if he felt he would not be ready for it.

Also, I liked Cena this week, I like how he is standing up to McMahon and I LOVED the intensity in his brawl with Dibiasi. I half expected him to apologize to him when he got on the stick with something like, "Sorry man, wrong place, wrong time." Only complaint was him calling Batista out when he is a Smackdown star and chances of him being there were not good. Was a little awkward moving from Batista to McMahon but it went really good from there and was a great segway (if a little predictable) to the Hitman's attack.

Give him a chance, he still has over a month to get ready for this and I really think he will rise to the challenge.

"I reject your reality and replace it with my own!"

The way Bret is moving for a former stroke victim is beyond awesome!! His balance is incredible...... after having a stroke most people never walk without a walker/cane. Yes you will have your typical "fans" who cry about bret's performance because they want to remember him for the way he was but tough luck! The man is a lot older now and has had a stroke give him a break and allow him to have the spotlight one more time and go out with a bang. (instead of they way it was 12 yrs ago). If you don't like Bret's promos don't watch it and stop complaining. Its a dream just to have Bret back on wwe programing period. p.s. yes my grammar is horrible sorry =P

He had a stroke, was handicapped at a point, add to that he hasn`t been in the ring since 2000,I`d say he is doing pretty good right now. Last week`s segment was awesome and this week was great too. Too late for the Hitman to come back? can`t believe a Bret Hart fan would say that, this is gold....the greatest come back.
For a possible match at mania, sure you won`t see the technically gifted wrestler but still we can have a fun street fight. About the thing with the electronic equipment, it was just a mistake...anybody would be sloppy after all these year, let alone someone in his situation.
So Bret Hart is doing great and got me into Raw again after a long time. So win.

I couldn't disagree more. The WWE has handled Bret Hart's return almost perfectly. The last two weeks Hart has shown he can get physical and that a "Street Fight" type of match against Vince McMahon at WrestleMania could be very entertaining. I doubt you're much of a Bret Hart fan if you really want to see this end soon. As a huge Bret Hart fan and someone who got to meet him I'd have to say I've been absolutely loving this and can't wait to see him against Vince at WrestleMania. Who cares if it won't be a great technical match? The point of his whole feud is to see Bret Hart put Vince McMahon in the sharpshooter and see Vince tapping out at WrestleMania. It's not going to be the biggest match on the card either, Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels will probably be the best match of the night again. So you're not just paying $50 or $60 for the Bret Hart match.

I wouldn't worry too much about this match, even if it is one on one. It'll basically be a street fight that won't go any longer than 10 minutes.

The point of his whole feud is to see Bret Hart put Vince McMahon in the sharpshooter and see Vince tapping out at WrestleMania.

Exactly. Bret won't take one serious bump in this whole program. It'll be an enjoyable squash at 'Mania with a nice feelgood payoff at the end.

I'm enjoying the Hart/McMahon storyline more and more each week. I love the fact that it's moving along as such a slow pace with teases each week as to what MIGHT happen and how it MIGHT all wind up going down.

As far as Bret Hart's comeback, people are really taking this too seriously. Bret Hart is going to be in a match against Vince McMahon, not Kurt Angle. Vince McMahon has never been remotely what anyone could consider a skilled in-ring performer and his overall lack of in-ring ability is not going to make Bret Hart look bad. Bret isn't gonna be doing superplexes or suicide dives or anything of that nature and neither is Vince McMahon. If anything, Vince is going to probably wind up taking the vast majority of the bumps. The fans already know that Bret Hart isn't what he used to be and they accept it. If the plan were for Bret Hart to make an actual comback, as in actually try to become an active pro wrestler again, then I'd most definitely be concerned. That's not going to happen, however. Fans wanna see Bret beat the piss out of Vince, it's always been a good draw and it always makes the fans happy.

I hope this thread is a joke. End this comeback???? Are you kidding me. This is the best storyline the WWE has done in YEARS. The last two weeks have been awesome. I agree that Bret looks better and better every week and I honestly think he's going to surprise people at Mania, after all he is a living legend. Also, its nice to see the fans and the "kiddies" getting into this storyline, Bret was really over last night...more than Cena I think. I seriously doubt you a Hitman fan dude, almost everyone agree's this feud is going along very well.

Your kidding right?

what do you expect from bret? he got his wrestling days ended when goldberg kicked him in the head then had a stroke, are you expecting him to jump off the top ropes and do backflips?

people get me mad sometimes they always say 'wish bret would come back' and when he finally does people bad mouth him

Bret did not have to come back at all if he didnt want to, im sure he could happily sat at home retired but he came back not because vince begged him , but because he wanted to give something back to the fans for thier support and love of not only himself but his whole family

i am going to personally thank bret on this thread (not that he reads its) anyway im gonna thank him for giving us the wwe fans the chance to see him one last time in a short wwe program

yes he might have balance issues but really you want to put him down for that? that is just pure sick and twisted, you never know this might help him recover his balance issues and help him gain a little more stability

some people should think before they create stupid lil threads

for those who are bagging the hitman out about his comeback and wat he has done in the last couple raw apperances should take a long hard look at wat there sayin about him .. yes he hasnt wrestled since 2000 .. but he has sufferd a stroke,his dad died stu, give him a break. this is the hitman we grew up to watch and love he showed us wat wrestling is all about. my view puts flair to shame when comes to wrestling let me tell u.. all im sayin is give him time to get back into things and this could work out to be a great story line for wrestlemania. WHO DOESNT WANNA SEE VINCE GET PUT IN THE SHRPSHOOTER ONE LAST TIME HEY !!!! im glad to see the hitman back looks great and good shape for his age .. least we not getting hogan,flair same old shit all the time .. maybe stone cold should be guest ref for the hitman NOW THAT WOULD BE INTRESTING

Everyone here who is saying "O wait, bret shouldn't be doing this, he shouldn't be doing that, he suffered a stroke, he's not what he use to be, he's washed up, he's too rusty," you guys need to just like put a cork in it, stop being such hypocrites! This is the best storyline because it actually brings fuel and chemistry into it! To be honest, I think he could still wrestle the likes of a batista or kane, but probably not someone the likes of a john morrison or rey, I think he can help out the younger stars (like a MISUSED Matt Hardy) believe me, by WM he'll put on a good match against Vince! It's the only reason raw still catches my attention is because of this angle, not the crappy (politics) one of shawn seriously wanting to end the undertakers streak at WM!

I personally am getting sick and tired of seeing threads that say bret harthas no business being in the ring! It seems like every time i come on here there is at least one new thread about bret harts comeback being a mistake so let me be the one to set this straight cuz im really angry about this.

First of all bret hart is a legend!!!!! If frickin jimmy snuka can wrestle at mania against chris jericho even though he looks like he is 162 years old then i think bret hart can have a fight with vince, cuz thts whats its gonna be its not gonna really be a match its gonna be a straight up fight. In my opinion just having bret back is great i dont really care if he isnt the same as he used to be and by the way this vince vs bret rivalry is the sole reason iv been watching raw every week and i normally only watch about every other week cuz for the most part the wwe sucks but this is easily the best rivalry they got right now i think cuz it doesnt look scripted like everything else does!

Second of all bret hart may be the sole reason ppl order mania this year cuz its not like the wwe has anything else interesting going i mean what else have we got to look forward to? Taker vs shawn II? already saw it... cena v batista? seen it... HHH v sheamus? wow that will be a barnburner...

Bret Hart carried the wwe for years until vince screwed him and now there are actully ppl out there that dont want him back? But its ok for steve austin to come back whenever he wants and stunner everybody in the locker room just to make himself look good? Give me a break

I hope this person is writing this thread to purposely get negative feedback because it's a joke. I'm tried of all you Bret Hart haters. First, you try pulling a few hundred lbs piece of equipment. There is a chance that you could fall too. Second, would you rather have the same ole matches we see at WM every year? (There really hasn't been a "great" WM in years). And for a guy who has gone through a bunch of stuff, I'm impressed with the way he is conducting himself. This is one of the few thing WWE is doing right!

For the people that are talking about him falling...He didn't exactly lose balance...he was just kind of...(sorry) Stupid and stood in front of the thing he was pulling....lol....But do you guys have no respect for legends? Especially one of the biggest legends that has ever stepped foot in a wrestling ring. This man DECIDED..he wasn't forced to...Decided that he wanted one last stand in WWE. He's doing this for the fans, year after year his music has played at random times (especially in Canada) and the crowd would go wild. He finally makes a return and people feel ok criticizing him? He's a grown man...He made the decision...don't "feel sorry for him" Let him do his thing.

NFL Linebacker Tedy Bruschi of the Patriots had a stroke after the 2004 season and returned for the 2006 season. Bret Favre, Kurt Warner, Ben Roethlesburger all had concussions in their careers and returned. For his situation I think he's doing a helluva job. I thought the equipment destroying was a bit overkill but hell he hopped the railing to get to the ring. I've been hoping he throws some of his European uppercuts on these segments. I think its been great just to have him on the show when who would of thought it could ever happen?

I loved what The Hitman did last night and he is my Favorite Wrestler of all time. I am glad he has been cleared to Wrestle one more time on the Grandest Stage of them all which is a great way to go out in my opinion. Yeah he "slipped" a little but he still got up and walked back to the Ring. The man did have a stroke but he has done awesome in getting over it since then. I will be watching Wrestlemania 26 to see Bret slap on a Sharpshooter on Vince and see him tap. If you want to complain then go watch Hogan if your that mad about it.

If you want to complain then go watch Hogan if your that mad about it.

Rightly said... after all can Hall, Nash, Knobbs or Saggs say they are truly in any better shape? No... Hogan...definitely not... and I bet Flair has slowed a bit since he quit the full time WWE schedule...

The "fall" gives them an out... it could even have been planned... that "Bret is a danger to himself" thus Cena takes the torch for him... Bret has done his fans proud by coming back at all and for all his critisim is doing the best with what he has... it was never gonna be the Bret of 92-93 in that ring... its two guys both of advancing years, with serious injuries and heat between them... as long as Bret can throw a punch or lock in a sharpshooter, thats all they need... there are plenty of people who they can get to soften Vince up for him... Wouldn't the reverse of the Yoko/Taker match be cool... where the whole roster takes Vince out...

This thread has restored my faith in the IWC. It's good to see people speaking in favor of Bret and telling it like it is. Sometimes people just need to be shut up. Even if your not a Hitman fan people should respect that he has swallowed his pride and got himself back from a stroke. It's really sad that some people can't just enjoy this for what it is...historic. I'm really happy i'm not the only one who is just enjoying seeing Bret on WWE TV again and I think he is a very courageous person. After the way he left the WWE and all his health problems it shows what a man he really is to comeback for the fans. RESPECT BRET

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back