Is it time for a new RAW/Smackdown look?

lil steroid meat

Unregistered User
With tomorrow being the start of a "new era" with the launch of the XFL 24/7 On Demand Service and everything, is it time for a new look?

RAW seems like it has more or less looked the same since 2008 when they switched to the HD Set. I'm sure there have been minor changes but is anyone else tired of the same graphics, bumpers and same stage set up?

I even miss the days where Smackdown and RAW had different sets, with the Smackdown Fist and the Raw trapezoid (??? fuck you I don't know my shapes) Titan Tron and the different entrance tunnels. Remember when Smackdown first started and it had the oval Tron?

I wouldn't mind something similar to tonight's Elimination Chamber set where the entrance tunnel is kind of going outwards, like a half cylinder, they could really have something dope where the whole set up is one big cylinder, screen and entrance tunnel connected. It would even be cool if they brought out an actual tunnel, like how they had at some point in the 90's, and like how TNA iMPACT used to have in brighter days.

RAW's graphics and intro video and music is stale too. I wouldn't mind a change on that front either.

So what do you think? Is the the HD set stale or are you fine with it? Are you tired of the RAW graphics and bumpers? Do you miss the unique separate set ups Smackdown and RAW used to have?

I agree with the OP, ever since they switched to HD sets, every set for both TV and PPV (with the exception of WrestleMania) look almost exactly the same, it's ungodly boring. They need to go back to having different-looking setups for each show, and more importantly, unique stage setups for every PPV. Exchanging the big X on the stage for Extreme Rules for a bunch of shelves holding tables, ladders, and chairs for TLC isn't a different set. It's the same window with different curtains.

I'm not sure how far they can go with a new look besides adding more metal bars and scaffolding like they did in the past, but I felt they had a good look in the past.

Everything feels so weak and flashy now. There used to be a tough, gritty feel to Raw. With a name like RAW, you'd think the song and look would reflect that as it once did. They hit it strong when they had the "Thorn in your eye"/"We're all together now" and eventually they evolved into the brand extension when they began to use "Across the Nation" where it was less scaffolding and barbed wire and more metal slabs and welding. It was still gritty and strong.

After that when they had their Papa Roach era, they lost their way, started mixing and matching Raw/SD sets. RAW wasn't a tough bad ass anymore, it was a kid with an attitude problem. Moving forward, they got on track a little bit with the (ugh..) Nickelback song, but now this tonight's the night stuff.. They're just gone now.

They need a look and sound for both shows that makes you feel like saying "F*** YEAH!" again.

I'm not a fan of the current sets, but they did debut new sets for Raw and Smackdown at Raw 1000. The changes were subtle but it probably means it's not something we'll see changed for a good while yet.

As has been said, the pay-per-view sets are a bigger annoyance for me. Very rarely is anything unique done anymore. It's a minor detail, but it adds to the feeling of pay-per-views seeming very generic and interchangeable.

If we see anything new I'm sure it either happens tonight or the night after WM30. But with a all digital set I'm sure they might tinker with something. Haven't heard anything on a new set yet so who knows, I think reports about it would be floating around if changes were coming. Only so much can be done using the all digital set.

I'd like to think that since the WWE will bring in a new logo, they could change up the stages of their shows as well. I feel that with a new logo, it's representing them ushering in a new era. And if they have Bryan win the title at Wrestlemania, that'll make a stage change even more appropriate as Bryan is pretty much the leader of this new era. I'd also think new WWE titles with the new logo would be something they may consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back