Is Allen Iverson Done With Basketball?

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
So it was announced a couple of days ago Allen Iverson wouldn't be returning to 76ers for the rest of the season, and it's highly likely he won't return to the team next season. Iverson hasn't played a game for the team since February 20th. AI has been dealing with his sick 4 year old daughter, and this has been the main reason for his absence.

Iverson isn't the player he used to be, but I think he can still go. The problem is, he's hobbled by a lot of nagging injuries, and he probably can't play anything close to a full season anymore. Plus, after his very forgettable tenures with the Detroit Pistons, and Memphis Grizzlies, there really aren't too many teams who would want to pick him up. AI can't be a starter any more, but maybe he can come of the bench and become a role player.

Should Iverson retire or make a comeback next season?

Thoughts?

For the love of god I hope he retires. I used to be a big Allen Iverson fan, but after the bitchfest he had in Detroit I now despise him. Can he still play? Sure. Can he still help a team win? That's debatable. Will he ever willingly come off the bench and be a role player? Fuck no. And that's where the main problem is.

Iverson's ego is so fucking big that he refuses to come off the bench without complaining like a little bitch. He is a hall of famer and one of the most talented players in NBA history. Pound for pound he may even be the most talented, but talent doesn't always win. There are things called teamwork and maturity, and Iverson doesn't know the meaning of either word. Allen Iverson is a liability at this point and hopefully he just retires with what little dignity he has left.

If he can't come off the bench without complaining, then I also believe he should retire. The thing is, AI can still go, but he can't start anymore. His time in Detroit was horrible, and his VERY short time in Memphis was just embarrassing. Nobody wanted to pick him up, I mean NOBODY. The sad thing is, the Grizzlies actually have a decent team, and if AI could've accepted being a role player, then maybe that team could be better now.

Do I still believe he can help a team as a role player? Yes I do, but the chances of him actually dropping his ego for it to happen are very slim.

AI's been done for years. Not only is he done, he's a quitter, he quit on his team and the city that made him famous. AI should not make a return, he isn't elusive, he can't score in bunches and he can't drive to the hoop and draw fouls. His defense lacked and he's pretty much a shadow of his former self.

Iversons too big headed to be a role player. He can't take players under his wing and he won't help develop players. There's a reason why no good teams want him. He's no good, he's an egotistical, self centered jackass who values himself before the team.

I hope he stays retired, that makes one less cunt in the NBA...

With the new information of his life spiraling downward and the fact that he is no longer close to the player he once was I see no reason for him to come back. He is not worth the trouble to bring in. All of his problems he has outside his life need to be taken care of. The focus should be on life after basketball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back