Is a Miz/Orton feud in the cards?

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Tonight, we saw The Miz interrupt Orton and deliver a blisteringly awesome promo about Orton being in the Main Event, with Miz saying that it's his turn. Sure, Edge attacked Orton afterwards to further their feud, but I highly doubt The Miz is just going to fade away after what he said to Orton.

Randy Orton is one of the hottest faces in wrestling today. The Miz is one of the hottest young heels. We have seen Miz in a feud with a main event wrestler before - his feud with Cena, where he really made us sit up and take notice. We've also seen Randy Orton feud with a midcarder in order to prime them for the main event - Kofi Kingston.

Orton isn't going to take what Miz said lying down. He's going to want revenge. The Miz, on the other hand, wants his shot at The Big One. They could easily feud with each other, hopefully in a feud where Orton puts Miz over. Miz is talented on the mic, improving week in and week out in the ring, and is truly a top star in the company.

If this happens, Miz could even be an early pick to win the MITB PPV. His stock has rose tremendously and can rise even higher with a rub from Randy Orton.

What do you think? Would you like to see a Miz/Orton feud? Could we be seeing one unfold in the coming weeks?

Discuss!

I would say yes we will see it in the near future, with the big match being at SummerSlam. I think Orton will keep most his attention on Edge for the next week or so, but I see Miz getting his nose in there and pissing off the Viper to the point that Orton calls him out for SummerSlam. I'm not nixing the idea of having a match at Money in the Bank, but this has big money written all over it so I don't know why it wouldn't be at SummerSlam when all is said and done.

I would say yes we will see it in the near future, with the big match being at SummerSlam. I think Orton will keep most his attention on Edge for the next week or so, but I see Miz getting his nose in there and pissing off the Viper to the point that Orton calls him out for SummerSlam. I'm not nixing the idea of having a match at Money in the Bank, but this has big money written all over it so I don't know why it wouldn't be at SummerSlam when all is said and done.

Oh yeah, I agree that they need to have the big match at Summerslam. What I meant when I talked about MITB is that I want Miz to interrupt Orton constantly, and then WIN the MITB Ladder match. Miz/Orton could have a match at Summerslam, and then eventually Orton could win the title and Miz could cash in his MITB. This feud could really be something, especially with Miz's promos being as good as they are and both men being white hot right now. I really feel this could work well.

Oh yeah, I agree that they need to have the big match at Summerslam. What I meant when I talked about MITB is that I want Miz to interrupt Orton constantly, and then WIN the MITB Ladder match. Miz/Orton could have a match at Summerslam, and then eventually Orton could win the title and Miz could cash in his MITB. This feud could really be something, especially with Miz's promos being as good as they are and both men being white hot right now. I really feel this could work well.
I might attend this PPV, which would be awesome to see for me, but in the bigger picture I would put off the actual match til the big one, or at least have it be one big blowoff match. I wouldn't have Miz inturrupt Orton too much, but have some tension between the two for a bit longer and have a Miz do a run in on Orton's match at MitB.

Is MitB going to actually have a traditional MitB match? Or are all the matches just going to be MitB style, having 8 or so guys having a ladder match? I'm not sure. If it's the latter I see the run in happening, if the former happens to be the case then I can see your idea working out too. Personally I don't want it to happen your way, I'd rather have Miz get under Orton's skin enough for him to want the match as opposed to have Miz win something and just go after Orton because he has what he wants. I'm a big fan of the more personal fueds, the ones not involing the title seem to be more appealing to me.

A Miz/Orton feud does seem like it will happen and I would be interested in one. They had a very good promo on Raw and I think they could have good chemistry in the ring. Also, a feud with Orton could be exactly what Miz needs in order to be catapulted into main event status or at least upper mid-carder. He can clearly get the crowed riled up with his antics and he is decent enough in the ring to put on good matches. Overall, it seems this feud will happen once Orton is done with Edge and I can’t wait to see what they do with it.

Personally I don't want it to happen your way, rather have Miz get under Orton's skin enough for him to want the match as opposed to have Miz win something and just go after Orton because he has what he wants. I'm a big fan of the more personal fueds, the ones not involing the title seem to be more appealing to me.

Yeah, I get that. The thing is, I'm conflicted. I want Miz to feud with Orton, but I also want Miz to win MITB.

I think the best thing would be for him to feud with Orton, with no title involved. Miz's gimmick is to be cocky in that really, really annoying way, so I think him continuously interrupting Orton (not everytime he talks, but most of the times) fits his character, can get him some heat, and would annoy Orton to the point of wanting to teach Miz a lesson. They face off at Summerslam and Miz wins via roll-up, starting his ascent to the main event. Just like you, I prefer more personal feuds and this one could make for some good TV considering how funny The Miz can be on the mic.

I can see it happening. How is MITB going down? Is it just going to be two huge ladder matches for both heavyweight titles? That might be why there aren't any one-on-one feuds at this moment. All of these guys, including Miz and Orton, might be in a 6 or 8 man ladder match for the title (same goes for Smackdown).

I think it's entertaining stuff. Miz is somewhat funny (I know, I know, he's AWESOME, etc. I get it), and Orton can be pretty compelling (when he's let off his choke collar by creative). But I'm terrified that this feud will be more about putting Miz over, and less about making Orton even bigger, and more entertaining. Orton is on a roll, but creative isn't giving him much to do. I don't know if it's the PG rating debacle, etc., but it's something. He's becoming boring, and I don't like it.

These guys can do a lot together, but I fear they won't be given sufficient tv time. Edge and Orton suffered from the same problem, having only one segment per week to get the feud going. If done well, and given a significant amount of time, this feud could be really, really good.

I have to say I was very surprised to see The Miz interrupt Orton, of all people. I really like his character and I've was hoping to see him get a push. This is exactly what Miz needed. I love to watch each of these guys perform and the ring and nothing beats The Miz's antics. It's going to be very interesting how this will progress. The Miz just needs a new finisher. I like both wrestlers and I hate to see Orton lose, but like I said and many others say, this is what he needs to ge that push that he deserves

Yeah, I get that. The thing is, I'm conflicted. I want Miz to feud with Orton, but I also want Miz to win MITB.

I think the best thing would be for him to feud with Orton, with no title involved. Miz's gimmick is to be cocky in that really, really annoying way, so I think him continuously interrupting Orton (not everytime he talks, but most of the times) fits his character, can get him some heat, and would annoy Orton to the point of wanting to teach Miz a lesson. They face off at Summerslam and Miz wins via roll-up, starting his ascent to the main event. Just like you, I prefer more personal feuds and this one could make for some good TV considering how funny The Miz can be on the mic.

You know, I think a feud between Miz and Orton (and a few other wrestlers) for the WWE title down the line could actually be much more interesting, especially if Miz doesn’t win the MITB briefcase. Reason for that is that Miz’s character is the type that loves to brag and like you said, he’s cocky. So if he wins the WWE title without needing the MITB, it could lead to weeks of interesting TV with some great promos. He would be able to talk about how he didn’t need to cash in the MITB after a wrestler just had a match like most others have done and other things like that. So it could him look cockier (therefore getting more heat) because he was able to defeat Orton (or whoever is holding the title) without needing the MITB briefcase and any of the advantages that come with having it.

I can see a feud between these two but Orton really needs to finish of his feud with Edge after having it cut short by his injury. Possibly a gimmick match between Edge and Orton at MITB then a Miz-Orton clash at SummerSlam?

Right folks this is how I see it going down. And boy would I LOVE it.

-What you saw on RAW were three of the participants in the MITB Ladder Match- Edge, Orton, Miz

MITB PPV
-Miz wins the MITB Match.

Summerslam
-Orton vs Miz.
-Miz wins via questionable circumstances / cheating. Maybe have Edge come out to provide the distraction.
-Orton RKO's Miz after the match with Miz looking EXTREMELY pissed off.

Raws up into Night of Champions
-Miz demands a rematch with Orton for the next PPV but Orton wins a Battle Royal ensuring him a WWE Title shot. And with the next PPV being Night of Champions, Miz is FORCED to defend his United States Championship, to his dismay.

Night of Champions
-Miz successfully defends his US Title
-Orton faces the WWE Champion (Maybe Edge by then lets hope, so that feud gets some closure).
-Orton wins the title, THEN Miz cashes in his briefcase and shockingly wins the title!

Raws up into HIAC
-Orton runs rampant and pretty much destroys the whole of the RAW heel locker room. (I saw someone call him boring so this eliminates that).
-Have Miz brag each week about being the US and WWE Champion and that he's currently 2-0 up on Orton. Maybe even one week after laying Orton out with a hit with the title, announce he's 3-0 etc.
-Match announced for Hell in a Cell. Therefore, this feud is personal enough to
make a cell match seem normal enough for it. Like its not just put together for the sake of the PPV.

Hell in a Cell
-Miz wins clean over Orton in the Main Event (I say clean but in this type of match the line is a little blurred, so let's say a simple win with a finisher after both men had already took some abuse off the cell earlier). Thus this is the win that actually solidifys his push.
-Orton post-match can then start trying to destroy the cell in a psychotic manner to a nice pop I guess?
-Both men go on to different feuds then with Miz solidified as a Main Eventer.

With the idea above, this feud could solidify Miz as a Main Eventer as what eventually starts as cheap heel tactics leads to a legitimate victory in a big match environment with a successful title defence.

I just got a chance to watch Miz's promo with Orton and was seriously impressed. One thing Miz does better than anybody else is to talk through the crowd. He made his point and stuck with it until the end. I don't think the WWE start this kind of animosity without building it to something bigger.

I highly doubt the Orton/Edge feud is over, I can see them having another PPV match at MITB, as for the Miz, who is to say he's even going to be in the MITB ladder match, there were no qualifing matches on this weeks RAW. I can't wait to see the Miz in the main event picture, and there's no better person to help give him that push that Randy Orton. So yes I see a Miz/Orton feud on the card very soon.

I wouldn't like it but that's cause I don't really care about either guy, but hey that's just personal preference. Will it happen? Yea probably, I mean stay with WWE long enough and you basically have to fued with everyone at least once. I wouldn't say soon though as that was a bit of a tease/feeler to gauge whether there is potential there, and not the beginning of anything serious. And as I said in the LD, it made no sense for Miz to not hit Orton with the belt, instead dropping the friggin' thing on the floor and throw punches instead.

Oh there is definitely something going on between The Miz and Randy Orton in the near future and I personally can’t wait to see it unfold.

Randy Orton is a God-damn good worker and he has put over more people than I care to remember. However, he is not selfish and he has used the reputation he has garnered to get people like Kofi Kingston over by leaps and bounds. Randy Orton gives people a wonderful rub and I would love to see The Miz being one of the next people to get that rub. He has been looking for something to get him into the main event scene since he was positively squashed by John Cena. This could be a mega-rub for Miz and I hope that he can take it and run with it.

However, I don’t like the fact that he is holding onto the US Championship belt whilst doing ti. Let’s face it, The Miz doesn’t need the US Championship anymore and for him to be holding it is just a bit foolish. He has enough talent to get over without the belt and I don’t see why the WWE insist on keeping it on him. I hate feuds when people are working upwards and still hold the belt. I mean, Randy Orton has no interest in the US Championship and I don’t think, if they are to feud, there will even be a US Championship match between them. If this is true, then there is simply no use in having the Championship, is there?

I am very excited about the feud and I really think both of them could work brilliantly together. The only thing that has me upset is that they are not giving the belt to someone like R-Truth or Bourne to help them get over.

Miz can solidified himself with his Cena feud but that ended to quickly back onto topic I would say this is a feud I see happening I think the feud should happen like this.

Next week on raw
Miz calls Orton out. Orton comes out and says 'what are you doing Miz' then miz and orton battle on the mic and Orton backs off.

MITB PPV
Orton wins a 1 one condenter macth
Wade Barreret wins the wwe title
Miz wins the money in the bank

Summer slam
Orton destoryes Barret with the help of Miz who interfeares and Orton wins WWE title.

Night after Summer slam
Miz and Orton get put in in a tag team match and lose againist cena and Bourne and Miz starts attacking Orton but Cena knocks Miz out of the ring.

Next Raw
Miz is force to defend the U.S title against Evan Bourne and loses thanks to Randy Orton and Danail Bryan!!

Hell in a Cell
Randy Orton barely retains the title against Edge,John Cena and Triple H.
Randy Orton crawls out of the area until Miz cashes the brief case in and wins.

Night after Hell in a Cell
Randy comes out saying he got cheated out of the title and will not stop until the title is his again then Miz comes out and beats Orton into injury!

Miz wins the feud and becomes a world title contender!!!

I definately see an Orton/Miz feud in the near, but not until after Summer Slam. After Edge spard Orton, he got on the mic and told him "Now the real fun begins." This leads me to believe that they will have a longer, intense feud that will not end in the 4 weeks betwen now and the MITB PPV.

Remember, SS is one of the "Big 4" PPV's, and an Orton/Edge match, perhaps a gimmick match, will have more star powerthan an Orton/Miz match.

What I could see hapenning is Edge, Orton and Miz in a MITB match. Edge or Orton is close to winning the match, but the other takes him out, allowing Miz to win.

Miz cashes in at SS, and between SS and NOC Orton becomes #1 contender. Then we have Orton/Miz at NOC. And to boot, Miz defends BOTH the US Title and WWE title in the same match.

Well the Edge/Orton fued needs to end first - and we have 2 months in that yet.

You get the feeling that this would be for the WWE Title. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Miz won the Raw MITB match, then cashed it at SummerSlam.

Miz as Champ, and Orton as chaser heading towards Survivor Series - all depends really on whether they can get Cena out of the title picture.

I think there's potential that we could very well be seeing Randy Orton vs The Miz, it has all the potential in the world, but we've seen people interrupt Randy Orton before and it hasn't carried anywhere, we've seen plenty of people interrupt others where it went nowhere, so there's still some clouds to clear over this situation.

It could very well be a mixture of Edge and Randy Orton feuding alongside The Miz, but I doubt that's the real thing that's gonna happen, in light of last nights situation between Edge and Randy Orton it does strike me as the better chance that Randy and Edge is gonna continue their feud now that Randy looks healthy with the shoulder.

I think Miz could benefit a lot through feuding with Randy, many people could benefit through feuding with him, and I'm looking forward to seeing what WWE plans to be doing with The Miz, and whether they will follow through with it.

I too can see the Miz winning MITB but I still think any 'beating orton into injury' etc might make orton seem a tad feeble... He could get even more fan heat if he cheats to win and uses dirty tactics like he does. Not sure what they're gonna do now Sheamus is champ though... I'm dreading another stale sheamus/cena rivalry again...

While I'm not all that huge of a Miz fan, I must say I was immpressed by the promo he cut and his interaction with Orton. It was hard to tell if the segment was just a way to further continue the Orton/Edge feud or if it was setting up a feud down the line between Miz/Orton. Honestly I'm leaning towards the first one but maybe Miz's strong showing amongst the big boys will convince WWE to set up a little 3-4 week feud thing with Miz/Orton all the while continuing his feud with Edge. Like I said I am not a Miz fan but I am very impressed with his stuff lately and (never thought I'd say this) I'm hoping he gets the rub into Main Event status.

I'm sure a Randy Orton vs. The Miz feud would great. We have not seen that fued... EVER, so that's good. The promos that would come from the feud would be absolutely amazing! However, I'm not sure they would have exactly the best chemistry in the ring. I don't know why, but I just don't. But, this Orton/Edge feud is far from over, so I'm not thinking of this potential feud that may not even ever happen.

Oh Yeah,
This feud'll happen sooner than later,
& I know that it's gonna be awesome for Miz,
No pun intended (lolz)
Anyways,
After the Kofi/Randy feud,
Kofi came out looking like a true Superstar,
&He had a lot more work to do than the Miz (Mic Skills,Accent,etc)
So this'll do wonders for The Miz,
With Randy playing the Silent predator,
&Miz's big mouth,
This will be a very entertaining feud for us fans!

A feud definitely seems to be in the works, and what i'm really liking about it is that The Miz in his feud with John Cena was still young and it didn't seem like he was really gonna be able to compete with Cena, but it still made us take notice. When the Miz interrupted Orton, he didn't seem like he was some young punk just trying to make a name, he seemed like he deserved to be out there with Orton. I'd like to see this culminate with a nice match at summerslam and maybe even trade a couple wins on Raw and maybe another PPV. I'm liking where this is going though, In my opinion Miz and Orton are the best things going on Raw right now, and they should be able to deliver.

I agree that this feud will happen and be a great feud for both of the men involved, with that being said i would rather this be a feud that took time to actually get going, let Miz interrupt Orton for a while and always somehow slip away before Orton does him any harm. But then Orton regains the title (like we all know he will, hes getting bigger pops then anyone in the company right now) And Miz would have an actual reason to not just interrupt Orton's promos but actually Want a match with him.

I believe if done right this could be a great feud to bring in more ratings and to shoot the Miz up the latter to the main event which he has been steadily climbing for a year or so now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back