Int'l Region, Third Round, Regular Match: (3) Shawn Michaels vs. (6) Terry Funk

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Shawn Michaels

• Terry Funk

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the International Region. It is a Regular match, held at the First District Arena in Leeds, England.

timthumb.php

Rules: This is a standard one on one match held under regular wrestling rules.

hbk_original.jpg

#3. Shawn Michaels

Vs.

tumblr_n7zwuewB8s1qzx70zo1_1280.jpg

#6. Terry Funk

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Two guys who were AWESOME at losing, but Terry was just a little bit better at winning.

Terry Funk is a better talker, a better brawler, a better overall wrestler, a better Texan, a better person, and I really hate Shawn Michaels.

Vote Funk or Die.

I know a lot of people on the anti HBK wagon like to point out that he lost a lot. Before his back issues he rarely lost though, and he routinely beat guys bigger than him. A lot of the arguments for and against Shawn come down to what you consider his prime. Pre back issue asshole Shawn who rarely lost, or post back issue saved Shawn who was willing to put guys over more often.

For me though it comes down to a matter of preference, as Shawn was my favorite wrestler growing up. It takes a lot for me to vote against him, and Terry Funk just doesn't have enough for me to make that call. HBK all the way.

HBK is the bigger star here, and while these two are from different eras of primes, Shawn still takes this. Terry Funk is the ultimate journeyman and he did well where he went but HBK is the winner here.

Funk was a world champion and top draw when wrestling was popular and his promotion was the most popular. The WWE's 84 week pummelling by WCW started 1 month after Michaels won the title for the first time and ended the week after he left the company in a competitive capacity. It's hard to find a less successful main event draw in the history of professional wrestling, and as such I think he'd lose to someone of comparable quality.

Terry Funk is a legit badass, He was NWA World Heavyweight Champion when it mattered. He has had a longer main event career than Shawn Michaels had a career full stop. The promos were amazing, his wrestling was amazing. Vote the Funker because that is the correct way to vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back