Internet RPG games

future admin

Getting Noticed By Management
Online RPG's are, in my opinion, a waste of time, my brother spends hours on his stupid Runescape or DragonFable. I will admit, I used to like them, but I think they are a waste of timee, and possibly money, if you are a member.
My 1st Question, have you ever played an IRPG?
This is a rundown on what Internet RPG's do
Lure your money
I used to play IRPG's like Runescape and Dragon Fable, so many tims they would try to suck my money, I was smart, and didnt become a member, some people of the world are though. they spend money because you can get cooler inventory, and level up higher.
As my 2nd Q, have you ever been a member on an IRPG?
Take a fuckload of download
My internet is extremely slow, and this is because my brother is literally on these IRPG's for atleast 3 hours a day, I douse qute a bit of download aswell, but not that much..
Suck up your Time
A this is done with most interet websites, but I have never use up my time as much as my brother (and, regretably, I) have on IRPG's. It really puts you in the nerd/geek category at school, and in life
and my last point,
leave you vulnerable to Cyber Bullying
Yes, Cyber Bullying can happen anywhere on the intenet, such as facebook, and myspace. But it happens A LOT of the time on IRPG's, that is why I think these are bad.

So, recapping my post, have you ever played an IRPG, and if you did, did you spend money, or did you spend endless hous on them, I sure spent ages on them, but was never a member

I have never been a member on any IRPG, they cost money and I wouldn't play it much at all.They only really good one that I have seen is War Craft.One guy I know plays it for hours on hours.His computer is liked jacked up so the internet is really fast no matter how long he plays for.

I have played Runescape before and played it for about 3 weeks before I stopped and got bored with it.I gave all my stuff away and that was it.They are really only fun if your guy has a high level or something like that.Most you guys get called noobs and then you get people hacking into your profile.But as I said before, I have never been a member of any IRPG.

They're fun for a while until you log off and realize you just did nothing with your life. No storyline progressed. Nothing was learned or earned that matters outside your computer box. It was a waste of time.

I currently play Runescape. I have been a member. I am never a member for more than 30 days at a time...usually taking a month or two off and play as a free player.
As to your negative points of IRPG's....
1...They have never once "lured" so much money from me that I feel it as a burden. Runescape is 5 dollars a month...pocket change in my opinion because in any given month...I literally have more than that in pocket change.
2...there is no download for Runescape. It's a browser based game. I do have to say that on my laptop I seem to have problems running Java so the game does offer a download which allows me to play it there as well. But it's a small download which doesn't take much time.
3...I really can't say anything about it sucking up time. Everything that anyone does in the world takes time. Whether you do something that takes half a second or something that takes years to do...everything takes time. I play Runescape in my spare time. I'm a very busy person who is constantly on the move with my job...so with Runescape it is nice to be able to just sit and relax while playing it.
4...When it comes to Runescape specifically. Cyber bullying is not tolerated. It's very easy to report someone for the offense. Also, I have yet to find a game that doesn't have an ignore feature on it. If someone is annoying me...or attempting to bully...I simply add them to my ignore list. Not to mention the fact that it's just a video game. If you are doing something (say fishing) in one area..and you don't like someone in that area...move to a different area..it's really that simple.

Lure your money
Runescape P2P for a monthly subscription of $5 is nothing to get pretty much more then 8x the content F2P get these days. F2P is fine until like level 70 or so where you've done everything. P2P lets you do so much more. All the Korean games like Perfect World with cash shops where spending $$ to well level up faster, now thats a bad system (that i want to spend money on but they won't accept my money, too bad for them, good for me).

Take a fuckload of download
Runescape has no DL time, its for people with shitty computers (reason why i played it for 7 years). Yes WoW and all WoW clones have 4gb - 20gb downloads but they aren't browser games and have allot more content then Runescape which is merely a browser game.

Suck up your Time
Yep but so can pretty much any other genre of games. So can pretty much anything else in your life.

leave you vulnerable to Cyber Bullying
Trolls are everywhere on the internet. People who take what trolls say seriously need to learn that your not meant to take the internet seriously. The reason why people troll is because its an easy laugh when someone takes the useless shit the troll posts seriously. In most games you can normally block from spamming/trolling etc you and even report them if they are going too far.

MMORPG's are a waste of time yes, most people know that, most people don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back