Internet Pre-sales

The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh

Tell me what's on ur so called mind
There may or may not have been a thread about this already, but i haven't seen one and i really want to know, and no one i know has the faintest idea.

When you use a site like ticketmaster or livenation, there is always a general sale to public date ie Wrestlemania 25's offical sale date is November 8th, but obviously Wrestlezone reported that the presale will start on Wednesday the 6th of November, and Ticketmaster confirms this.

How exactly are you supposed to be elligible to buy tickets in these presales exactly? Are you supposed to sign up to the home website ie WWE.com and do it through there, or is there a way to access it through Ticketmaster alone?

I'd like to actually have a chance at a decent seat at WM rather than have a 2 minute gap to spend hundreds of pounds for a seat where i can barely see shit all.

Also, for generic discussion purposes, do you think it's right that certain people should get priority to tickets that others don't? For example, i ordered tickets to go see Judas Priest in February.

They're being supported by Megadeth and Megadeth announced that their fan club members would gain access to the presale. Now it costs something stupid to join the Megadeth fanclub, and when the tickets went on sale to the general public there were only seats in the very upper tier of the stadium still available.

Does that seem fair to you? I guess it's great to reward your most loyal fans that way, but it's just a total bitch for anyone else who can't really afford to sign up to fan clubs for things they'll never use.

Have you yourself been unable to get decent tickets for events due to these pre-sales occurring? Or have you been unable to gain access to the internet when the general sale first started and failed to get any ticket at all because the majority of them were sold before you even had the chance?

(Any information will be greatly appreciated)

The general concept of an internet "presale" is that it is said to be an exclusive reward for those who are signed up on their websites or subscribe to their web services. I find this to be very untrue. All it is is a way to make people feel good about getting constantly spammed to death by these sits. I mean sure, you get the presale info and access to buy tickets to the events you like without having to stand in line and ahead of those who do stand in line, but you have to deal with so many more emails that don't have anything to do with events. Alot of them are pretty much attempts to hock products to you and to clog your inbox with other useless tidbits or merchandise offers.

Even if you are a collector, you get bombarded with more than you could ever reasonable desire. Even if you are a fanatic, you still feel like a complete imbecile as you sit back and take it because you feel that you have to repay the "honor" of having gotten an exclusive invite to give people money to come to your town. It almost seems a bit redundant in a way. But hey, I guess it's the price you pay in order to feel all snuggly and special by what is being offered. Kudos.

As for me, I'd rather wait with the rest. It's all a part of the experience that I will hopefully be telling my grandkids. The WHOLE experience. I mean that kid wants to hear their granddad brag about sitting in front of a computer email inbox waiting for an exclusive to sit on your ass and buy a ticket. If your grandkids didn't think you were gay before, they will after you tell them that. I sure as hell would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back