IMPACT Wrestling LD for 8.19.15 — Galloway/Drake, EC3/Black & More on #TurningPoint

Fuck Chris Melendez... he's flat out boring! turn him heel so he can use his leg as a foreign object then complain that its part of him.. not foreign!.. SOMETHING ANYTHING.. make me care!!

Fuck Chris Melendez... he's flat out boring! turn him heel so he can use his leg as a foreign object then complain that its part of him.. not foreign!.. SOMETHING ANYTHING.. make me care!!

He's awful. There's no cure for not having a personality in an industry built on it.

Chris Melendez stood up and pleaded for a rematch, but it was futile. He didn't have a leg to stand on.

Here's another example of TNA's bad storytelling. EC3 beat Matt in his signature match, but they're still feuding anyway. Why? What logical sense does it make to have this keep going? They started with the big gimmick match so where does this lead? To a one on one match for the title maybe? Why should I care about that when Matt has already lost to the champ? This feud should have been done and Carter should move on to something else.

They've tweaked Young a bit in the last few weeks and it's far better. That and putting him in the midcard instead of the main event scene has helped him a lot.

I agree. They seem to have found the right dial for this "crazy" gimmick. He's also better at this level as a heel than he is a face.

Here's another example of TNA's bad storytelling. EC3 beat Matt in his signature match, but they're still feuding anyway. Why? What logical sense does it make to have this keep going? They started with the big gimmick match so where does this lead? To a one on one match for the title maybe? Why should I care about that when Matt has already lost to the champ? This feud should have been done and Carter should move on to something else.

I agree. The logical next step is Jeff. But he's probably not ready.

This is an issue of pacing, really.

I agree. They seem to have found the right dial for this "crazy" gimmick. He's also better at this level as a heel than he is a face.

I'm fine with Young being all aggressive and violent and wanting title shot after title shot because he wants his spot back. That's fine and you can see the motivation. What I didn't like was Young being called crazy every 18 seconds without him showing any signs of actually being crazy.

I agree. The logical next step is Jeff. But he's probably not ready.

This is an issue of pacing, really.

Pacing is the magic word for TNA. They have one of the worst paces I've ever seen in wrestling and it really drags things down.

Look at the end of the Galloway match. That ended and then they cut to the back for Velvet stopping Taryn for ten seconds, then it's a preview for what's coming later, then after a break it's more of Velvet/Gail/Taryn. None of their stuff has a chance to breathe and set in for the fans. It's all about getting to the next thing and at the end of the show, I barely remember what happened because nothing has the chance to stand out, meaning I find it hard to care about most things on the show.

Pacing is the magic word for TNA. They have one of the worst paces I've ever seen in wrestling and it really drags things down.

Look at the end of the Galloway match. That ended and then they cut to the back for Velvet stopping Taryn for ten seconds, then it's a preview for what's coming later, then after a break it's more of Velvet/Gail/Taryn. None of their stuff has a chance to breathe and set in for the fans. It's all about getting to the next thing and at the end of the show, I barely remember what happened because nothing has the chance to stand out, meaning I find it hard to care about most things on the show.

Agreed.

When the pace is right, they see such better payoffs. Anderson/Angle, Roode/Storm, Bram/Magnus recently.

Clearly it can work.

When the pace is right, they see such better payoffs. Anderson/Angle, Roode/Storm, Bram/Magnus recently.

Clearly it can work.

It can but it's getting less and less frequent. Instead it's stuff like Bram vs. Anderson in a meaningless match to cap off a feud that, like so many others, had no chance to sink in. You could cut that match out and let us have some promos or recap videos to catch us up on some things. Or just a few seconds after a match to let it sink in that hey, Drew just won with a pretty big move.

For the sake of both Drake and Galloway, that feud should have lasted well over a month.

It should have, but as usual, they had a good start, then a match, then a few weeks off, then a gimmick match with the announcers just saying "yeah remember when Eli did this?" and now it's time to fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back