IMPACT Wrestling LD for 12.13.12

JESUS CHRIST, enough with the dropkicks! You're doing OK, otherwise but do something else!

Bully might win the award for most impressive career turn-around in the history of wrestling. Honestly, five years ago I would have told you this guy was done, and at best had another mediocre tag title run left in him.

On a side note, I like Jesse. He's not as terrible as some people like to say he is, and for a guy that has what, a few months of wrestling training, he's really not awful. But mostly I just like him because he's an easy heel to hate. He works well with Tara.

Bully might win the award for most impressive career turn-around in the history of wrestling.

DiamondDallasPage.jpg

If anyone deserves that title.... it's me, it's me, it's DDP.....

*self high five*

I still love what Bully is doing though.

I don't think I ever posted this anywhere, but I did this for the PPV on Sunday and was actually kind of proud of it. I think it looks pretty bad ass.
final-resolution.jpg

Aries: I want a title shot!

Hardy: You can have one next week.

Aries: I DON'T WANT A TITLE SHOT!

Dear goodness they make this too easy to make fun of sometimes.

The last 30 minutes of the show was pretty good. Bully's promo was great. His match with Jesse was fun because of those chops. Aries was good.

On a side note, I like Jesse. He's not as terrible as some people like to say he is, and for a guy that has what, a few months of wrestling training, he's really not awful. But mostly I just like him because he's an easy heel to hate. He works well with Tara.
Yeah. At 15 Dropkicks per Mile. He's certainly athletic enough and moves well in the ring. Though he is drastically missing in the experience department in terms of working a match.

As bad as the Aces and Eights thing is, guys like Bully Ray, Aries, Hardy, etc. make TNA so worth watching. It baffles my mind how anyone can pass this company over with this many stars performing for it.

I didn't think it was a heel turn either. Just a more aggressive version of AJ.
Oh, good. The "new-found aggression" bit never gets old in this business.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed the show tonight. Van Dam vs King is the perfect match for both guys at this point. King is clearly motivated enough to push Van Dam, which is what I want. In fact, all of these X-Division guys are really working wonders for RVD. I couldn't be happier with how this little undercard run is turning out.

Oh, good. The "new-found aggression" bit never gets old in this business.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed the show tonight. Van Dam vs King is the perfect match for both guys at this point. King is clearly motivated enough to push Van Dam, which is what I want. In fact, all of these X-Division guys are really working wonders for RVD. I couldn't be happier with how this little undercard run is turning out.

I agree. It's finally putting a little emphasis on RVD, who was starting to resemble a Samoa Joe-like champion (when he was TV champ a few weeks ago) where he just had stupid mini-feuds with random division wrestlers each week to lead up to a meaningless PPV match everyone knew RVD would win.

Seems to me they're grooming King to be the guy to probably take that belt off his shoulder, possibly at Genesis or soon after.

I'm not sure if I've seen Van Dam's title matches up to this point as being without jeopardy. Ion was the division's top shit before Van Dam got involved, so clearly he stood a chance of keeping Van Dam on the outside looking in. Joey Ryan had a lot of hype surrounding him for months following Gut Check, so he was a very legitimate challenger. And of the new arrivals to the X-Division this year, Kenny King created more buzz online and within the industry than just about anyone. It was entirely conceivable to me that Van Dam could have lost any of those matches.

I'm not sure if I've seen Van Dam's title matches up to this point as being without jeopardy. Ion was the division's top shit before Van Dam got involved, so clearly he stood a chance of keeping Van Dam on the outside looking in. Joey Ryan had a lot of hype surrounding him for months following Gut Check, so he was a very legitimate challenger. And of the new arrivals to the X-Division this year, Kenny King created more buzz online and within the industry than just about anyone. It was entirely conceivable to me that Van Dam could have lost any of those matches.

Eh, Ryan maybe, but the way they took the title off Ion made me think they were sorta knocking him down to build him back up again since his first run with it was entirely unmemorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back