IMPACT Wrestling LD for 08.31.11

So first, we are comparing Jeff Hardy to Scott Hall and Shawn Michaels. Now we are comparing him to Bret Hart?

Tell me, because I must have forgotten. When was it that the Hitman appeared at a PPV main event too stoned to walk, never mind wrestle? When was it he was caught with a car full of drugs, and when was he accused of drug trafficking and potentially facing jail time for it? When was the last YouTube video he made with his equally stoned brother, making a mockery of himself and the wrestling business? How many times has Hart refused to go to rehab while his life continued to spiral out of control?

Okay so Hall had the same rep and it didn't stop Vince from re-hiring him for the NWO angle?

My comment about Hitman was to never say never.. you said hardy's wouldn't be back in the WWE. I thought I would never see Hitman back in the WWE.. and here we are..so never say never.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but again, if you are holding all the historical failures, pitfalls and dangers of performers against them in a no nonsense policy, you are going to have a very thin roster if your company even manages to survive without star power.

I can barely count on my hands the number of main event performers who haven't had their fair share of fuck ups over the years.

With Hardy, in this case, you are talking about a guy who fucked up, was written off television, was essentially suspended by the company and who could very well have turned a new leaf. With Sheen you are talking about a guy who had all his issues, similar to Hardy, was suspended, continued to have those issues AND shit talk his own employer publicly, then get fired and CONTINUE to shit talk. The two are not comparable, similar as their back stories may be.

You are absolutely right. Jeff COULD have turned over a new leaf. He didn't though. He was too busy participating in tasering videos and teaming with his brother to fuck up to the Xtreme (see what I did there?)

Had we gotten a report that he went to rehab and actually tried to help himself, MAYBE it would be ok to bring him back. He didn't do that though so as of now, he's the same guy that has fucked over plenty of promoters. He became a draw in the WWE at one point but they'll never bring him back despite being incredibly over because he failed a wellness test and then bailed out on the company at the height of his popularity due to "burnout". You won't convince me that Hardy deserves a job because he doesn't until he actually cleans up his life. Go get real help and then MAYBE get another chance. If Michael Vick got off scot free, do you think he'd have a job in the NFL? Fuck no, he had to pay his debt to society. Jeff has to pay his debt to himself. He needs to get clean for him and then if he is clean and wants to wrestle, fine. For now, wrestling is just an enabler for him and a terrible idea.

I missed most of the show, but I thought that was a damn good main event match between Sting and Kurt Angle.

Pretty darn good show. Crowd had very little effect on me, but the action was solid. Lacked that killer promo I hope for though, I blame Steiner, Flair and Ray being kept away from the mic.

There is absolutely no reason I can think of why Mysterio won't violate the wellness policy based on his track record. Of course I don't know anything about him or his circumstances past or present, but a little thing like that should never get in the way of passing judgement.

And if Mysterio violated the policy again, he should be fired in a heartbeat. Has Mysterio ever violated said policy in front of fans and a PPV audience? I don't seem to recall that.

You are absolutely right. Jeff COULD have turned over a new leaf. He didn't though. He was too busy participating in tasering videos and teaming with his brother to fuck up to the Xtreme (see what I did there?)

Had we gotten a report that he went to rehab and actually tried to help himself, MAYBE it would be ok to bring him back. He didn't do that though so as of now, he's the same guy that has fucked over plenty of promoters. He became a draw in the WWE at one point but they'll never bring him back despite being incredibly over because he failed a wellness test and then bailed out on the company at the height of his popularity due to "burnout". You won't convince me that Hardy deserves a job because he doesn't until he actually cleans up his life. Go get real help and then MAYBE get another chance. If Michael Vick got off scot free, do you think he'd have a job in the NFL? Fuck no, he had to pay his debt to society. Jeff has to pay his debt to himself. He needs to get clean for him and then if he is clean and wants to wrestle, fine. For now, wrestling is just an enabler for him and a terrible idea.

Tasering videos are all of a sudden a kin to showing up to the main event of a PPV bombed out of your mind and/or drug trafficking charges? :lmao: Yeah right...

We have no idea what Hardy has done to better himself. Not all addicts need rehab, and rehab does not work for all addicts. My own Uncle is an addict and he's been in and out of rehab for the last 20 years. It doesn't work for him, because addiction is like concussions — every person experiences it differently and every person is affected by it differently.

And if Mysterio violated the policy again, he should be fired in a heartbeat. Has Mysterio ever violated said policy in front of fans and a PPV audience? I don't seem to recall that.

So? He's a screw up, just like Jeff. Just like Hall. Just like dozens and dozens of others. He should be fired for bringing bad PR and for being said fuck up... no?

Well there's also the pretty likely statement that Mysterio is a bigger draw than Jeff could ever dream of being.

This is relevant because?
Seriously, you're just going round and round in circles with your argument at this point. We've already covered that Jeff Hardy is a big enough draw in TNA for TNA to want him back. As such, if you are going to hold the position that being a draw excuses wrestlers screwing up then you no longer have an argument for keeping Hardy out of the company.

He'll make them money.
The fans want to see him.
The people who aren't comically ignorant judge him to be worth the risk.

Exactly what more is necessary?

To what degree? Another main event fuck up? Fire him. The timing and considering the chance given to him to make good on it all only to repeat, and you've got a case to fire him despite the fans likely still wanting to see him.

I mean anything significant, read as another arrest, him showing up "in no condition to perform", obviously a mess up like Victory Road etc. I think the difference you and I have here is that I think he's had more than enough chances already, ranging from his issues in WWE to his ones in TNA, the biggest of which happened in the latter. I have very little tolerance for substance abuse of any kind and what happened to Hardy was the worst I can remember seeing ever in wrestling.

So? He's a screw up, just like Jeff. Just like Hall. Just like dozens and dozens of others. He should be fired for bringing bad PR and for being said fuck up... no?

Not according to WWE's policy, no. He was suspended for however many days as he was supposed to be. I'm not sure if TNA has a policy or not but sending Jeff home for awhile doesn't come off as punishment to me (and no I have no idea how Jeff reacted to it etc), because it sounds to me like "well Jeff you screwed up badly. We're going to punish you by letting you have the summer off." And again, that's with what I know of his punishment and it very well could have been more severe.

This is relevant because?
Seriously, you're just going round and round in circles with your argument at this point. We've already covered that Jeff Hardy is a big enough draw in TNA for TNA to want him back. As such, if you are going to hold the position that being a draw excuses wrestlers screwing up then you no longer have an argument for keeping Hardy out of the company.

He'll make them money.
The fans want to see him.
The people who aren't comically ignorant judge him to be worth the risk.

Exactly what more is necessary?

I don't seem to remember saying Hardy was a big enough draw for them to keep. I seem to remember saying exactly the opposite.

I have very little tolerance for substance abuse of any kind and what happened to Hardy was the worst I can remember seeing ever in wrestling.

You realize that substance abuse is an addiction/disease right? It takes a lot for someone to over come.. much like over coming alcholism.

HBK was a substance abusive person as well.. yet everyone loves him now.. who is to say Hardy can not turn it around like him? Why must everyone go out and compare him to Hall instead?

Man people just wish the worse in people.. instead of wishing people well.. stop being so mean spirited.

People with this problem need HELP ..and many CAN over come it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back