IMPACT Wrestling LD for 05.01.14 — The Fallout From Sacrifice!

Note to self: go back in time and find whoever came up with the kick out of finisher motif and put them in a woodchipper.

Another misconception. I actually liked Sacrifice. He shouldn't be defending the title every week in the first place but that's another story.

It's not suffering to watch TNA. I actually get enjoyment out of watching Dixie Carter get worse and worse every week.

Yeah, forgive me for not believing you. I've been posting with you long enough to think I get your deal by now. I can count on one hand the number of times you've gone through an LD without putting major focus on every negative thing that happens.

Yeah, forgive me for not believing you. I've been posting with you long enough to think I get your deal by now. I can count on one hand the number of times you've gone through an LD without putting major focus on every negative thing that happens.

I can understand that as it's true I am rather critical of TNA. That's the case for a few reasons.

First and foremost, it's VERY frustrating watching a company I've watched for over ten years now trip over its own feet every few weeks when they keep getting momentum through their talented roster working as hard as they can. Their house show is the second most fun I've ever had at a wrestling event outside of Wrestlemania because it was their guys getting to show off. It even made Becca, who hasn't watched TNA in years, want to give it another shot. That's what makes it so frustrating: they're capable of better and keep screwing it up for stupid reasons.

Second, and I know in advance you aren't likely to buy this, it gets rather dull in here with so many people just nodding in unison with whatever TNA does. You're the most level headed of the TNA fans but seeing little more than "TNA is awesome" and "can't wait for whatever match" gets very redundant over time.

But yeah, I probably am too critical of it as there are a lot of good things in TNA. For instance, they've been having clean title matches lately. I know they can't and won't do that forever, but after all of the insanity they were having in the Dixieland period, this is a very nice change of pace.

Totally forgot to watch today for some reason. Looks like I'm reading the KB review to find out what happened.

I can understand that as it's true I am rather critical of TNA. That's the case for a few reasons.

First and foremost, it's VERY frustrating watching a company I've watched for over ten years now trip over its own feet every few weeks when they keep getting momentum through their talented roster working as hard as they can. Their house show is the second most fun I've ever had at a wrestling event outside of Wrestlemania because it was their guys getting to show off. It even made Becca, who hasn't watched TNA in years, want to give it another shot. That's what makes it so frustrating: they're capable of better and keep screwing it up for stupid reasons.

Fair point, but incessant complaining doesn't fix it.

Second, and I know in advance you aren't likely to buy this, it gets rather dull in here with so many people just nodding in unison with whatever TNA does. You're the most level headed of the TNA fans but seeing little more than "TNA is awesome" and "can't wait for whatever match" gets very redundant over time.

Sure I can buy it. I don't come in here to just cheer the name of every star when their music hits with a couple of explanation points. I've even spoken negatively about dumb shit they've done. The difference is, I'm not going out of my way looking for those negative things to complain about. Bad botch? Sure, make light of it. Bad angle? Sure, make light of it. But come on, you can't honestly sit here and tell me that the majority of the show is worth complaining over. It's about how often you complain, and the detail you go into over the minutia that gets me.

But yeah, I probably am too critical of it as there are a lot of good things in TNA. For instance, they've been having clean title matches lately. I know they can't and won't do that forever, but after all of the insanity they were having in the Dixieland period, this is a very nice change of pace.

Again, agreed.

Fair point, but incessant complaining doesn't fix it.

Neither does TNA doing incessantly stupid things fix my complaining.

Sure I can buy it. I don't come in here to just cheer the name of every star when their music hits with a couple of explanation points. I've even spoken negatively about dumb shit they've done.

Indeed you have. It's a big reason why you run the section.

The difference is, I'm not going out of my way looking for those negative things to complain about. Bad botch? Sure, make light of it. Bad angle? Sure, make light of it. But come on, you can't honestly sit here and tell me that the majority of the show is worth complaining over. It's about how often you complain, and the detail you go into over the minutia that gets me.

Actually it's not the details as much as the bigger problems, such as them rushing through stuff (or the opposite when they take forever to get to the end of something) or making some questionable pushes. The details and little things are nowhere near as big a problem for me. The majority of the show isn't worth complaining over. What brings out my complaints is them making the same mistakes over and over again while never learning from them or doing the same stories over and over again (power struggle/big heel faction for instance).

Also I've toned it WAY down on the criticisms. The Hogan/Bischoff era was maddening while this one is much easier to sit through.

We actually agree more than you might think. I've been done with power struggles for probably a solid two and a half years now. If you recall, I was begging for Aces & Eights to die off (though I did credit the company big time for actually killing them off, and actually using the death to grow other stories, as opposed to simply dusting them under the rug), for example.

There's still a lot of things going on I dislike, most of which are centered around the decision to allow so much of the roster to walk away all at once, but the silver lining has to be the fact it's forced them to finally build their own stars, and man, what a job they're doing of it with ECIII and Samuel Shaw! Hell, even Spud is a bright spot every week.

I still crack up thinking about their hunt for Willow a bit ago when they were crawling through the woods trying to find him.

Oh! Speaking of negatives, no Bobby Lashley tonight is very negative. That guy has the voice of a mouse, but man, the look and the work in the ring? That's a guy I want with my company's title draped over his shoulder (or around his waist).

I really like that they're elevating Kenny King through him, but when the EY experiment is over, I'd love to get that guy at the top of the card feuding with whatever heel ends up pinning EY for the title (please be James Storm...)

We actually agree more than you might think. I've been done with power struggles for probably a solid two and a half years now. If you recall, I was begging for Aces & Eights to die off (though I did credit the company big time for actually killing them off, and actually using the death to grow other stories, as opposed to simply dusting them under the rug), for example.

Indeed. That just would not end.

There's still a lot of things going on I dislike, most of which are centered around the decision to allow so much of the roster to walk away all at once, but the silver lining has to be the fact it's forced them to finally build their own stars, and man, what a job they're doing of it with ECIII and Samuel Shaw! Hell, even Spud is a bright spot every week.

Agreed on Carter. He's reminiscent of Rick Rude in the WWF to WCW which is a big compliment. Shaw is very creepy but I'm not sure where they can go with it. Spud cracks me up as well.

I still crack up thinking about their hunt for Willow a bit ago when they were crawling through the woods trying to find him.

Yeah that was good stuff.

See, here's my thinking: when the TNA fans are all saying how hilarious and great that stuff is (and they're right a lot of the time), I don't see how me saying the same thing is going to make things better. Simply saying the same thing as everyone else isn't making the threat more active. Me saying something different and making people defend what they're saying is getting more discussion going. Believe it or not, that's a reason why I say some of the things I say in here. It's part of my job and I'm not half bad at it.

Oh! Speaking of negatives, no Bobby Lashley tonight is very negative. That guy has the voice of a mouse, but man, the look and the work in the ring? That's a guy I want with my company's title draped over his shoulder (or around his waist).

I really like that they're elevating Kenny King through him, but when the EY experiment is over, I'd love to get that guy at the top of the card feuding with whatever heel ends up pinning EY for the title (please be James Storm...)

Lashley is one of those guys that would be perfect as a Yokozuna kind of character. Find someone to do the talking for him and just let him run through the roster.

Lashley is one of those guys that would be perfect as a Yokozuna kind of character. Find someone to do the talking for him and just let him run through the roster.

So you want him to be Brock Lesnar?

While their at it, have Lashley end ECIII's undefeated streak and then take the title from the bearded underdog champion as a hired gun for the corrupt boss just to ramp up the claims of stealing WWE stories even more.

Барбоса;4877259 said:
So you want him to be Brock Lesnar?

While their at it, have Lashley end ECIII's undefeated streak and then take the title from the bearded underdog champion as a hired gun for the corrupt boss just to ramp up the claims of stealing WWE stories even more.

Well when he debuted in OVW he was described as Brock Lesnar times 10 so it's not the biggest stretch.

No on ECIII, yes on Young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back