Impact to USA Network?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Something that nobody expected could happen in the coming days and is apparently USA Network, would be interested in adding a new Wrestling program to their channel to cover the low WWE Smackdown and this could be Impact Wrestling according to Dave Meltzer.

Dave Meltzer speculated that although USA Network kept the WWE RAW program on its network with a new contract. the loss of WWE Smackdown could push the USA Network to look for a substitute wrestling program to cover that low.

Meltzer spoke about the fact that USA Network is possibly approaching Impact Wrestling and that Impact would “love” being associated with the network. their current contract with PopTV is not worth as much as the $1 million contract USA Network could offer them.

This will be great news for Impact producers as it would allow them to maintain the program and get new benefits for the program both in advertising and in making themselves known to the general public by being in one of the largest networks in the United States.

http://wrestlingculture.com/news/wwe/wwe-raw-and-impact-wrestling-on-the-same-tv-channel/

--

What a massive upswing for Impact if they land this. Forget the fact that they'll have a network interested in them. One as prominent as USAN given it's decades-long association with wrestling would be ground-breaking.

I've said this before but this may be just
Qqhat Impact needs.

I mean USA is huge and every one in America that has cable gets USA. If this happens then i can see their numbers jumping (and hopefully staying) up.

This isn't a cure all by any means but it's a huge step forward

It’s happening!!

2aqh2x.jpg

This is it!! There is no way WWE would “allow” Impact Wrestling to come into their “territory”. Let’s think about this for a second. Smackdown moves to Fox. Impact moves to USA. It’s perfect!!

It’s happening!!

2aqh2x.jpg

This is it!! There is no way WWE would “allow” Impact Wrestling to come into their “territory”. Let’s think about this for a second. Smackdown moves to Fox. Impact moves to USA. It’s perfect!!

That's sort of how I see it. I don't see Vince keeping Raw on USA without a contractual agreement stating that NBCU doesn't air wrestling broadcasts that aren't WWE related. I think the only way Impact Wrestling airs on USA is if WWE winds up owning it. In that light, I think WWE would be more willing to help Evolve get the spot or even NXT than Impact Wrestling.

I don't want to see Impact owned by Vince or anyone from WWE. This is good news as Impact might command such a large number of money as WWE does for their broadcasting. Impact has been good minus the KM, Kong and Grado stuff. This is nice to see a major network wanting to potentially air Impact.

Honestly, I would be happy if they were to get back onto Spike if anything.

Impact doesn't draw. Not on Spike. Not on Pop. Why would a larger network want to bring them in. They know that wrestling isn't wrestling. You don't replace WWE with "wrestling" in 2018. I just don't think it would help them.

This could work if they put it on after hours on a Friday Night. It is not like USA Network has anything worth a damn at 11PM. And, Impact! would be a lot cheaper than SD and Raw. SD is probably WWE Network bound. You want to see DB and AJ Styles? You will be forced to pay for it.

If this was reported by someone other than Meltzer, I'd be a bit excited. If Impact does move to USA, would they still be on Thursday's, or Tuesday nights?

Impact doesn't draw. Not on Spike. Not on Pop. Why would a larger network want to bring them in. They know that wrestling isn't wrestling. You don't replace WWE with "wrestling" in 2018. I just don't think it would help them.

Pop is a nobody network. TNA was drawing 1 million ratings on a regular basis on Spike for years. That is more in ratings than they are doing now for viewers. Imagine that.

If Impact goes to USA, they would return as being the number 2 pro wrestling org. in the World. Cause you have a steady cashflow coming in like they had on Spike. They could hire bigger and better talent. Guys they cannot afford now.

If this happens, I'll go to the Vatican.

It all depends on how stable impact is with there ratings on pop until their current contract end. If they stay stable then I could see USA been interested, if they continue to play yo yo with the ratings then I Don't see them be interested.

Also, I feel like USA Will consult with WWE before getting other wrestling content on their network especially if It's from the competition. The fact is USA got rid of smackdown for a reason but at the same time, they wouldn't want to piss off they're cash cow which is wwe so if wwe Don't want impact to air on USA, they go all the way and propose them another show to replace smackdown. Probably NXT and 205 live or just NXT and they would expend the show from 1 hour to 2.

In the end, USA need WWE to stay relevant so if WWE Don't want another company on the same network as their flagship show, USA won't sign with anybody else. They did that with ECW back in the day and this might happens with impact as well.

That is a Gigantic "IF" scenario with very little to go by it. Meltzer is basing this on USA Network strictly eyeing an American wrestling product once that gap comes by a year and a half from now. For one they can find something else in the meantime. It could be some other sport or some hit show or something of the sort.

As nice as it sounds, this is a 1 in 14 million scenario here. And I don't think Impact has the Eye Of Agamotto to figure out how to get it.

Pop is a nobody network. TNA was drawing 1 million ratings on a regular basis on Spike for years. That is more in ratings than they are doing now for viewers. Imagine that.

If Impact goes to USA, they would return as being the number 2 pro wrestling org. in the World. Cause you have a steady cashflow coming in like they had on Spike. They could hire bigger and better talent. Guys they cannot afford now.

I'm guessing that USA could just air reruns of Suits and probably get the same amount of ratings though, and it would save them money.

Spike also heavily subsidized TNA at times. I can't imagine that WWE would be too happy with USA airing another wrestling company. And, if they ended up helping them more financially, WWE would definitely be upset about that. I can't see them risking RAW from a company that has barely been able to draw in 15 years.

I would love for there to be a second wrestling company at the heights of WCW, but TNA is likely not it.

WWE took the Fox deal so I wouldn’t assume USA is going to give them a clause of not allowing another promotion.

It's a shame really that USA decided to keep Raw anyway. Seems like the rich get richer. Impact would have been nice on USA. They really need a network that's gonna give them a nice income. After that you can tour more regularly and get top talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back