iMPACT Should Always Beat ECW, Possibly Smackdown As Well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
TNA iMPACT! did a 1.03 rating this week. (1.0)

iMPACT! did a higher rating than ECW On Sci-Fi this week, as ECW only did a .99 rating this week.

This almost sounds like a celebration. I just don't see it as much of an achievement if they beat ECW. A company that has no other brands, bigger stars, and PPVs should beat ECW. Week in and out.

TNA has Angle, Sting, A.J. Styles, Samoa Joe & Booker T. ECW's top stars are C.M. Punk & Kane. Morrison has his fans, but a top star he ain't. Punk & Kane's headline status is debatable to. So why TNA doesn't alway beat them is beyone me.

Also as Smackdown is on a Friday you'd think they would beat them to. Really, what the fuck is there to do on a Thursady? Nothing. But Friday is the end of the week. People go out. Yet Smackdown get's more people watching it.

Agreed. I actually make a point to never miss Impact. Its really not that bad of a show. They just need to make a few minor tweaks to it. Its quite the opposite with ECW and Smackdown though. I can go without seeing those shows as they are really nothing special. Impact gives me something fresh to watch unlike the same old Edge vs Undertaker or Edge vs. Batista week in and week out. I've never understood why Impact hasn't been getting smackdown like ratings for awhile now.

Its very simple why the rating is lower. People are very quick to scorn anything that is different. Like you said iMPACT has its problems but its not that bad ( i can look past the nonsense and appreciate the wrestling).

Its my belief that alot of wrestling fans (WWE Fans) wont watched based on a pre decided bias against it. They wont watch it because they've heard bad things or its not wwe so straight off the bat wont give it a chance.

So many times i have to listen to people bash the product, they say actually i only watched one episode of impact and then gave up on it. Boo.

Thats true that there is a lot of ignorance involved most of the time when it comes to those who bash Impact. They would say it is horrible yet they might not have watched it in about six months.

In regards Impact not beating SmackDown!, its simple. SmackDown! has the WWE tag and is more established, therefore it will always do decent ratings.

People will watch WWE no matter what crap they put on it, simply because it's habit. TNA isn't as big a name so people will think it's an inferior product. They stick with what they're used to because the fact is, they'd have to start from scratch with new ring shape, new people, slightly different rules and a lot of people jsut can't be bothered to change their habits out of laziness.

Besides, at least TNA's ratings are remaining constant...WWE's seems to be coming down to try to meet them.

I totally agree too. TNA has far bigger stars and better wrestling IMO than ECW.

I wonder what the situation is like with wrestling ratings over here in the UK?

I mean, we have Raw live on Tuesday morning, Raw main repeat on Thurs night, Smackdown on a Friday night and TNA on a Saturday night. I will without a doubt watch the Raw repeat on a Thursday night and watch TNA on the Saturday. Thinking as I type, I actually forgot about ECW. That about sums it up really.

OK I think ECW is better then TNA and here is why, I did watch TNA for a while like back last year january when I heard angle,cage sting where there, or was it 2006? but anyway I recorded the episodes to mainly watch them [sting,nash,james,cage,angle] and their fueds where lacking, I didnt like the X division, I liked somoa joe and sorta styles. I also liked how test was there. I stopped watching around october of last year. Now I was getting more and more tired of TNA. THey brought in booker T which got me mad [I dislike T] then the whole shark boy thinking he was stone cold got me to stop. I love the WWE and all this trash talk to them just made them seem they cant get a reaction without using WWE in some way.

This almost sounds like a celebration. I just don't see it as much of an achievement if they beat ECW. A company that has no other brands, bigger stars, and PPVs should beat ECW. Week in and out.

TNA has Angle, Sting, A.J. Styles, Samoa Joe & Booker T. ECW's top stars are C.M. Punk & Kane. Morrison has his fans, but a top star he ain't. Punk & Kane's headline status is debatable to. So why TNA doesn't alway beat them is beyone me.

Also as Smackdown is on a Friday you'd think they would beat them to. Really, what the fuck is there to do on a Thursady? Nothing. But Friday is the end of the week. People go out. Yet Smackdown get's more people watching it.

well since you put it like that it makes TNA seem pretty abismal.

But seriously I talk to casual fans and that all the time, these are people that think "meh! wrestling" and put WWE on and say "what happened to that olympic guy?" I say he's on TNA and they say "whats TNA?" I say "oh! Its really good why dont you watch it?"
The reply is usually "Fuck it, its not as good as WWE"

That may not matter seeing how I live in the UK, and the americans may have more knowledge of TNA, but its really gonna struggle to beat that kind of attitude because fans are only used to one product. Or maybe its advertising is very poor?

Well there are several reasons why TNA is only beating ECW right now..
BIG ONE: ECW is on Raw commercials about every 5 seconds, and SD always talks about it..

TNA gets really ZERO pub, commercials on ANY station.. spike may run an add over the weekend but not many.

The 6 sided ring has nothing to do with it, i dont even really notice anymore, and actually prefer it.
Wrestlers are better by a billion miles. and like it has been said before..... Ratings are consistant.

The fact that ratings are generally consistent with TNA Impact yet WWE programs are constantly going down is always overlooked. If you look at ECW's first ratings, they were in the 2s and contantly went down after that. I don't think that TNA should be celebrating their "victory" because it is too small and has been done before though.
The internet wrestling community gives so much flack to TNA and puts TNA to task for everything that they do or don't do. There is such an obvious double-standard when it comes to TNA that it is ridiculous. For example, I heard on another forum that Mike Adamle is a better announcer than the ones in TNA. I honestly believe that if Adamle worked in TNA, a statement like that would NEVER be made (Adamle is downright horrible and is simply inept and incompetent at his job). Adamle messes up basic things like names, Tenay and West present their announcing in a way that a few fans don't like but don't make nearly as many errors.
Another example of this double-standard is that fans will accuse TNA of not pushing the younger wrestlers, yet won't say the same for WWE. How many times have there been HHH vs Orton main events on PPV? On TNA's side, who is their World Champion?...Samoa Joe. Who is Kurt Angle feuding with?.....AJ Styles. Who is wrestling over the tag team titles?.......LAX vs Roode and Storm. Who is X Division champion?.....Petey Williams. Who is in the World X Cup?.....TNA talent and international talent. Some of the bigger programs in TNA also include Dutt vs Lethal and of course the Women's Division is untouchable. Yet the funny thing is is that someone posted this negative comment about the TNA Women's Division on pwtorch and I quote
"Over-hyped women's division: I am a strong believer that women's wrestling can play a crucial part in a TV show and I look forward to the diva matches on Raw each week, so thepositive reviews of TNA's women's division encouraged me to take a look. However, this division has been ludicrously over-hyped. The reason it pops the highest quarter hour ratings is because men channel surf and stop briefly to see attractive women bounce around on a show aptly named - TNA!" By the way, this was posted on a headline on pwtorch called "Why I don't Watch TNA Impact." Maybe the pwtorch should be asking those (literally) millions of fans that were watching RAW why they don't watch RAW anymore. I remember when RAW was averaging 4s on their ratings every week not too long ago, yet in this past draft (which happened to be very good), they scored a 3.7 and are cheering.
Contrary to popular belief and what many internet fans are saying, TNA is not in that much trouble as one would read on the internet. I am going to make a guess and say that the reason TNA gets so much B.S. (and some deserved though I might add) is because of Vince Russo and how he handles the product.
Talentwise, I feel that TNA should be beating ECW every week. However, ECW has the WWE name brand behind them whereas TNA has only been on Spike for 3 or more years. TNA doesn't have name brand recognition despite their talent. Also, it is obvious that many won't give TNA a chance. btb1222 here doesn't like the X Division, yet many within the internet community loved it and wanted it to be the featured thing on TNA. It just shows that TNA can't please everyone. Many are saying that TNA is just going in circles, or two steps forward three steps back. It is questionable what it would take TNA to do to please those people who are saying that.

I think its embarrassing for TNA to celebrate something like this. They want to hang with the "big boys" but can barley beat out WWE's 3rd rate show which airs at a later time. Honestly, I don't ever see it changing. TNA beating Smackdown would be a pipe dream for them.

i agree that impact should always beat ecw and should be able to challenge smackdown. impact comes on at a perfect time and a real good day people usually dont go out on thursdays and when the only time i catch smackdown is when im drinkin beers b4 i go out and when its usually on at the bar.but with they way the draft ended i dont think tna will be able to catch up smackdown

To me, it's not really "beating ECW".. Both TNA and ECW ratings have went down. ECW started in mid 2s and dropped to early 1s and went below 1. TNA had a 1.2 in January and barely squeaked out ECW this week due to ECW dropping more..

Not really an accomplishment in my eyes. If ECW continued to do 1.4s and TNA squeaked past with a 1.5, I'd rank that as an accomplishment. Unfortunately, I don't think TNA's product is good enough to go past that

yes i believe that tna should always beat ecw in the ratings, but yall forget, tna is still new, only ben astablished for 6 years, and for them to beat a wwe thats ben around for how many years now...wwe, wwf, wwwf.... i think they are celebrating that they beat a companies show thats ben around for many decades while they've only ben astablished for 6, although ecw is their weakest broadcast, tna isnt still a well known company. was wwe (wwf, wwwf) pulling in high ratings when it was 1st astablished, was ecw when was 1st astablished pulling high ratings, was wcw pulling in high ratings when it was 1st astablished? no, but tna thats only ben running for 6 years has already beat 1 of wwe's broadcast, a company thats considerd the top major US wrestling entertainment company, and i also think that it has something to do with wreslting not being as popluar these days.

and for those that say they dont like tna because they have alot of wwe wreslters, y2j wrestld for ecw and wcw b4 wwe, shawn micheals awa, triple h wcw, foley wcw ecw (before the company fold), big show wcw (before company fold), taker wccw wcw (before company fold), austin wccw, wcw, and ecw (all before company folds) my point being alot of wwe tops stars/most known stars all wreslted for previous promotions before their fold and became stars in wwe but nobody says anything about that its all about "i dont like tna they got too many wwe wreslters" so what wwe's top stars all came from somewhere else, so that argument just needs to stop

i like tna i think for a company thats only ben astablished for 6 years, they're doing pretty good and will be getting better

Everyone is making a big deal about this, but I think theirs something that people may be forgetting. That night that ecw had a lower rating, they were going against game 6 of the NBA Finals, where everyone was waiting for The Boston Celtics to finish the Lakers, I was one of them. If TNA never beats them again, we will know NBA was 100% the reason for the defeat. And with the draft, I'm kind of expecting ratings to go up for all of the WWE shows, so until TNA goes live, who knows. And they better hope WWE doesn't decide to put a live smackdown on thurs, or even taped, because that will be it. The onoly way TNA may ever beat WWE is if they get HHH, Cena, HBK, or Taker, and that will never happen. Unless they get a bunch of WWE midcarders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back