I'm Thinking About Buying a Tablet

Once you have everything downloaded:

Extract the 8gb_clockwork-3.2.0.1.rar file. Inside of it, you should see a .img file. Then...

Connect your MicroSD card to your computer using the card reader.

Launch ImageWriter on your computer

Browse to select the recovery image file that you downloaded and extracted earlier

Select your SD card drive under ‘Device’

Click ‘Write’. Wait till the process finishes.

Source for this step: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/install-cyanogenmod-7-android-2-3-gingerbread-rom-on-nook-color/

Next step:

Once you have made your MicroSD card bootable with CWM, just copy both versions of ManualNooter onto your MicroSD card. Remember to keep them in .zip format.

Unplug your Nook Color from your computer if it is plugged in

Turn off your Nook Color if it is on. Make sure it is completely off, and not just in sleep mode.

For Image Writer, which one should I choose to run it? (I see a list in the folder that says clean, compile, mkzip)

(Please note I am not actively doing this with you, and am not responsible if something doesn't work correctly. If something does go bad, don't worry, we can always reset it)

To begin the rooting process:

1. Insert your card into the Nook Color.

2. Plug USB cable into Nook Color and the computer (should boot the Nook Color into Recovery).

3. The Volume Keys on the side of the Nook serve as your up and down arrows, and the N is like an Enter button.

4. Select "install zip from sdcard"

5. Select "choose zip from sdcard"

6. You should now have an option to choose one of the ManualNooters you put on the SD card. You want to choose the earlier version (4.5.18).

7. Confirm that you want to run the update. This will begin the rooting process.

8. Wait patiently and follow on-screen directions

9. Reboot when it tells you to (If you get "Install Failed" after rebooting this can be normal. Just reboot again.)

10. After reboot, repeat steps 4-9, except on Step 6, choose the newer version of ManualNooter. The first time you do this you needed to use the old version, and now on the second time, you choose the newer version.

11. After second reboot, select Zeam Launcher

12. Run "Fix Permissions" from the Rom Manager app

13. Open Android Market and follow the steps to get that working. If you get this far, your Nook has been successfully rooted.

14. Enable Non-Market Installs (like for Swype) by opening the NookColor Tools app

If everything went well, your Nook Color should now be rooted.

Source for these steps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1054027

For Image Writer, which one should I choose to run it? (I see a list in the folder that says clean, compile, mkzip)

My fault again. You DO want the binary one, not the source on. Sorry, download the other, and then run it with the .exe file.

Alright, right now it's writing the .img file. I'll continue to follow the steps and will let you know if anything else arises.

Alright, right now it's writing the .img file. I'll continue to follow the steps and will let you know if anything else arises.
Sounds good...I tried to make them as first-timer friendly as possible. I'll be leaving in less than an hour, but if you have any questions, I'll answer them when I get back.

It looks pretty simple so far with those instructions but I'll post in here if I have any issues. I saw a video yesterday and the process seemed pretty easy once the SD Card was in the device. And once again, thank you.

For some odd reason the touchscreen is unresponsive. I tried restarting it and still it doesn't do anything.

Turn it off for a few minutes, and try again. If it still doesn't work, you might have to do a hard reset. Or you could try flashing CM7 or Phiremod on there, and just make it an Android tablet.

Turn it off for a few minutes, and try again. If it still doesn't work, you might have to do a hard reset. Or you could try flashing CM7 or Phiremod on there, and just make it an Android tablet.

I tried just restarting it and that didn't work so I did the hard reset and that didn't work either. I'm not sure how to do the other one though.

I tried just restarting it and that didn't work so I did the hard reset and that didn't work either. I'm not sure how to do the other one though.

Send me a PM with a link to this thread, so I'll remember to get you going again when I get back later today.

I've got swype on it and did the run "fix permissions" on the Rom Manager, but for some reason I don't see the Android Market App.

To make your MicroSD card usable again:

Go to Settings > Device Info > SdCard > UnMount > Format

This will wipe your SDCard of all MN/CWM Flashable abilities. If you use this, you will have to reflash the SDCard for future ManualNooter releases.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1054027

I'm also trying to do this but in the setting menu there isn't a device info option. There is a storage option though. Should I go there, unmount the SD Card and erase the SD Card?

I'm also trying to do this but in the setting menu there isn't a device info option.
That's because that was the path for the Nook Color interface, not CM7.

There is a storage option though. Should I go there, unmount the SD Card and erase the SD Card?
I wouldn't, because you'll need to install Google Apps (gapps) and you'll need the card to be bootable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back