Ignorance

CCS

Getting Noticed By Management
^^^That's what I'm seeing from people. Some dumbasses (marks) are actually saying that Triple H deserved to win, and it was actually Randy Orton's fault that their match didnt live up to expectations. That pile of shit was definantly not Orton's fault, and here's why.

First off, the match was actually okay. But there was a lot of things working against it. They had to follow HBK/Michaels, the in ring psychology sucked, and Triple H just was not over with the crowd. You can go back and listen and hear that the crowd is dead whenever Triple H is getting offense in. Even when he tried to work the crowd they were still dead. Why? Because Triple H IS NOT OVER AS A WRESTLER. That basically means that no one gives a shit about him. On the other hand, Randy Orton was very over. All Orton had to do was look at the crowd and they'd pop. So Orton did his part by getting himself over before the match.

Reason #2: Randy Orton's wrestling was crisp, fast, and he didnt botch anything. When Orton was on offense the match was actually a bit exciting and Orton did some pretty cool spots. But when Triple H was on offense everything he did looked slow and sloppy. He even botched the punt, but Orton sold it so good you really couldnt tell untill they showed the replay. So that's 2-0 in Orton's favor.

Now we get to the biggest reason that the train wreck wasnt Orton's fault, Triple H's booking. The reason why most people hated the match is the finish where Orton got man handled by Triple H. That's not Orton or any of the creative members fault. That's Triple H's fault. Triple H has that creative clause in his contract, so he can change the match to anything he wants. So evidently he changed it to a squash. Do you really think WWE's writers would end a Wrestlemania that way? I dont, So I've came to the conclusion that Triple H booked the match. Even if creative did come up with that finish, all HHH would have had to do is say he didnt like it and they would've had to change it. So this whole thing is Triple H's fault.

You're really one to talk about ignorance, aren't you?

Yes, it can't be the fact that Triple H is:

A) A great wrestler

B) A fantastic mic worker

C) Hugely over

That he keeps winning shit. It MUST be because he's married into the family. Why, it's not as if anyone

StoneCold_Steve_Austin.jpg

else

hulk-hogan-photo.jpg

got to the point where Triple H is and then was completely dominant for several years. If they had, they must have been sleeping with somebody.

I'm not arguing for or against the thread topic, but comparing Hogan and Austin to Triple H is completely valid.

I'm not arguing for or against the thread topic, but comparing Hogan and Austin to Triple H is completely valid.

Yes, I thought so. But you probably meant invalid.

Comparing Triple H to Austin & Hogan is ignorant.

Is it? I fail to see how.

The point of the thread is on dominant wrestlers, no? Wrestlers who refuse to put anyone over? Well, there's Austin and Hogan for you, and they got the same position Triple H holds without sleeping their way to the top, so why, then, couldn't the same be possible for HHH?

WrestleMania should always end with a title change. And something not shit. That match failed both criteria.

The point of the thread is on dominant wrestlers, no? Wrestlers who refuse to put anyone over? Well, there's Austin and Hogan for you, and they got the same position Triple H holds without sleeping their way to the top, so why, then, couldn't the same be possible for HHH?

They were each at least eight times as popular as Triple H. Also, Austin being dominant is a myth.

Steve Austin never refused to put people over.

And Triple H is nowhere near as popular as Hogan/Austin. Hogan and Austin stayed on top because they're the two biggest stars in pro wrestling history and the fans loved them. People wanted to see Hogan and Austin on top, they dont want to see Triple H dominating everyone in the WWE.

Austin did refuse to put people over, ask Billy Gunn.

But HHH really doesn't have the mainstream exposure Cena, Austin or Hogan do. My girlfriend knew who they are, she still can't remember HHH's name.

HHH is fine as a wrestler, and is a great heel. He isn't bad as a funny face either like in DX, but as Mr. Serious Business he lacks all charisma. I think it'd have been fine for HHH to win, but the build should have been different. If he won, Orton should have gone in as champion.

He explained that in his book. He said he had no problem with putting Lesnar over. But he knew that was a money match, so he wanted build up to it. The WWE just wanted him to job to Lesnar with no build up at all. So if the WWE would have promoted the match a little Austin would've lost to Lesnar without complaint.

He explained that in his book. He said he had no problem with putting Lesnar over. But he knew that was a money match, so he wanted build up to it. The WWE just wanted him to job to Lesnar with no build up at all. So if the WWE would have promoted the match a little Austin would've lost to Lesnar without complaint.

But he didn't...did he?

No, "they" didn't want to...and "they" call the shots. I'm not saying it's right or wrong...I'm just saying that Austin refused to lose to Lesnar.

That's true. But you really cant blame Austin for that. He was right about it being a potential big money match up. As far as Billy Gunn goes...If your character was "the Texas rattlesnake" would you want to lose to a guy that ended up being Cute Kip?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back