• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If You Could Change a Superstar's Theme Music, What Would it Be?

Sean Valjean

Lets Bitch About This Thing We Love
A simple and fun topic. Given the chance to change any superstar's current theme song, what song would you give them and why? It can be any superstar, past or present. Here are a few of mine:

R-Truth - "Danger" by Mystikal: This is really only because Killings looks and raps just like Mystikal. In both of their songs, the chorus is the only part people understand while the verses are made up of gibbish and sound effects.

Shelton Benjamin - "Hey Mama" by Kanye West: Of course, this would've only worked when Shelton had his "mama" as a manager, but it would've been hilarious if he used this song at the time.

Bret Hart - "Sunglasses at Night" by Corey Hart: Coincidentally, they share the same last name, showing that this was meant to be. Bret wore sunglasses indoors all the time. He's cool enough to wear them at night.

Vladimir Kozlov - Well, anything really. Nothing could make him anymore boring than he is right now.

Okay, enough of my shit suggestions. Let's see what you can come up with.

I used to awlays hate the Big Shows and remember reading that he hated but the more I think about it the more I realize that it is like HBKs music and irreplacable.
John Cena's annoys me now, it has this annoying high pitch that makes me cringe.

I would change Christians them back to his origional girl vocals
Maybe edges but. people have been posting his retrun song on YouTube before SS.
Matt hardys because of heel turn
That's basically it I do not like how wwe changed y2js heel persona along with matt hardys.
O one more umagas it sounds like a face theme

Undertaker...at least for a while to get back to the Ministry of Darkness theme.

HHH-As much as I love the motorhead game some,it has been 8 years now...time for a change.

Cena-Change it for anything else...it`s annoying.

Kane-Bring back the original theme...it`s by far the best theme. Of course, it really fit a masked Kane but I think it would still work.

First theme I would change would be "The Big Show". I absolutely can not stand this version, or the former version of his current song. He needs a completely new song. His original when he debuted, which he only used for 3 or 4 times, was actually the best song he ever had. It was the theme to St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

I would also switch Shawn Michaels song back to the version that Sherri sang. That was the far better version, imo. Plus, doing so would be a fitting tribute to Sherri, in the process.

First of All Kanes New One Sucks Dick So bring back the

Triple H: Has anyone heard the Game by James Johnston its The Game lyrics with My Times Music Pretty Awesome.

Y2J. Needs a good Countdown and a Titantron.

Christian: Loved the WaterProof Blonde Version.

SCSA: BRING BACK GLASS SHATTERS BY DISTURBED

John Cena: Definitely needs a new theme

Dats bout it

Oh and the Old DX theme rocked so probaly that 2.

I know its new and the BIG thing at the moment but Randy Orton, it needs to have a bit more "Rock" and a bit more speed like his last one. But it will do for the moment.

John Cena: how long has he had it for now?? change to something mabye without rap

Christan: Nothing's wrong with his old song, the girl sounded way better

Y2J: his new one wasnt all that good, mabye a new one altogether

HHH: its time to play the game, yer we get it

Kozlof: wats it mean??

I know its new and the BIG thing at the moment but Randy Orton, it needs to have a bit more "Rock" and a bit more speed like his last one. But it will do for the moment.

This song suits Orton to a tee. The song speeds up and slows down, much like Orton in the ring. Slow when hes walking round the opponent stomping on every body part, slow when setting up the RKO. But fast when he actually delivers the RKO.

The Game should of switched to King of Kings when he returned against Booker T and used it full time

John Cena deffo needs a new one

Mike Knox needs a new one. i personally hate knox, but im giving him time to win me over, but for someone to get over they deffo need a good entrance music or something recognisable. Knox just has some boring rock entrance music :jason

I'd like to change Priceless' song to have a little more TEd DiBiase Sr. in it. Maybe a laugh here and ther, or a "Money Money Money"....

I like Christian's new theme but I REALLY wish they'd kep the string intro.

Change undertaker's gimmick back to the american badass and bring back limp bizkit rollin'. I remembered back in the days when this taker gimmick got a bigger pop because of his enterance music was so good. Wrestlemania 19 when limp bizkit performed the song live, now that was an awesome experience as I was sitting in the second row at the front.

Being a big music fan, especially most of my favourite bands came from WWE, these are the themes I'd change right now:

John Cena: It worked when he was doing the rap and spinner belt stuff, but he's a different persona now and I think it would suit him better with a much more "ruthless aggression" theme

Triple H: Had the theme since 2001, needs a refresh, though I think it's the only theme that works for his entrance. Problem is that he would need a gimmick change too. But definitely King of Kings or something more interesting, or the theme he had between 'My Time' and Motorhead

Priceless: Simply put - NEW - VERSION - SUCKS

Rey Mysterio: At first I use to like this theme, more generic and fits his mexican background, plus it worked for his entrance when he popped out of the stage, maybe keep it but improve the intro to fit what he does now

Khali/Koslov: Need something better, just trying to fit to their native backgrounds, doesn't work

Kane: The theme is of his masked days and whilst he might be the "fire man" it's only reminding us of what he could be, perfect song for him right now would be 'Perfect Insanity' by Disturbed, if edited to an entrance theme style.

Batista: How often can he walk alone? Whilst the song is decent, he needs something more with him of now.

Random notes:

- Does anyone find Miz & Morrizon's theme odd or is it me?
- I find the new Christian theme got the song stuck in my head, I do like it, I don't mind which version, but this one signals a new reign
- Jericho needs a better video than a song really, or have it to King of my World or one of his quicker themes like in 2004
- Even though he's had it for about 5 years, I still love Edge's theme - because of WWE, it made me a big Alter Bridge fan! I just wish Vince would bring them in to play him in live
- I think we'll never see HBK's theme changed, unless Triple H sings a new version for him

Me and my friends liked how "priceless" and "biscuits and gravy" used to sound the same. I wished they'd put it back so we could keep singing "priceless and gravy" when they came out.

It would be awesome it Edge went back to the Zombie song, that was probably one of my favorite entrance themes of all time. A lot of people commented on wrestlers getting new songs, but for me, I think I'd rather a wrestler found something that worked well and kept with it; Flair never needed new entrance music. I don't see the point in always updating a wrestler's entrance music, when you only need one decent song to associate with a wrestler.

I would absolutely get rid of Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes' Priceless theme (new, old, edited, whatever, the theme sucks). It's quite possibly the worst theme I've ever heard. Hillbilly Jim's music would fit Stone Cold better than that them fits them.

John Morrissons theme is pretty terrible as well. I suppose it fits his Doors gimmick/look, but come on there's got to be something better for him.

I like Morrison's theme song. But anyways I would change Khali's theme back to his previous one cause it made him less of a joke & more of a bad ass. I would change Triple H's theme song to the King Of Kings song cause personally I feel that song fits him better. I hate the Pricesless theme song(new, old, whatever). If anything their song should either be Cody Rhodes' old theme song or another song that makes them look more arrogant & cocky.

Seeing Kane or Undertaker come out to Hells Bells would be pretty bad ass. Flicker the lights to create suspense as the song starts to pick up, and then have some kind of explosion (like Kane's fire) when the song gets going.

Having Santino come out to anything by Il Divo would be worth the price of admission in comedy gold.

I've never heard anything by Fozzy, but I guess it would make sense for Jericho to come out with one of those songs playing. He's long overdue for a theme music upgrade.

First of all. . . KANE needs to go back to the Finger-eleven music. This new one absolutely sucks and tells you a jobber is on his way to the ring. The music he had right before this is the best he has ever had. Its a great song.

Priceless - I agree with everyone, it sucks. Both versions in fact suck. They need something more like Ortons but faster. Something to fit the Legacy group better.

Jericho - definately needs to go back to the Saliva -Break the walls/King of your world song. That one was great and we need the change with his heel character.

Finlay - Not sure if he still is or not, but quit coming out to Hornswoggle music.

HHH - I like the Game music, nothing wrong, but I see he could use a change.

Mr. Kennedy - I havent heard it in a while but I remember it sucked. He needs a new one.

Jericho needs a new song altogether. Not a remixed version of Break Down the Walls. He needs a completely new song that fits this particular gimmick.

I haven't seen one person like the new Priceless song. It is absolutely awful. The other one is okay, I suppose. But when they are eventually split up, I would like to hear the familiar "Money, Money, Money" in Dibiase's new song. Not the The Million Dollar Man laugh, because that is specifically reserved for Ted, Sr. But "Money, Money, Money" should be incorporated into a brand new song.

Finlay had a song he came out to one time, and then they decided him to come out to Hornswoggle's music. This was the new song he used once, and the song that suits him much better ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOfyclKWA6U

I actually like the new version of "Close Your Eyes" for Christian. They likely aren't going to use Waterproof Blonde since I understand that they broke up.

I personally think Vince is the one character that shouldn't come out to any music. Sometimes silence when someone like him enters the arena, is more effective.

Orton's theme "Voices" is absolutely a perfect fit for him. It is a catchy song. It has just the right pace for his entrance. Don't change a thing about it.

The only theme song I can think of is John Cena's theme song. The lyrics don't suit his gimmick anymore, plus the song was pretty shocking anyway if we're honest. The lyrics were childish: "I'll brush you're mouth like Colegate!"... seriously, did he let an unknown nephew/cousin put his own little bit into the song?

Triple H needs a more refreshing theme song I agree, but its sort of like Shawn Michael's theme song, or even Hulk Hogans. It's apart of the WWE's history and both Hogan and Michael's theme songs are both timeless.

Chrisitian's return theme song is actually one of the coolest theme songs at the moment in my opinion. Its beaten however by 'Voices' for Orton. I absolutely love that song, its actually a great song, let alone a WWE theme song.

john cena would definatley have either right stuff by the new kids on the block (they're from boston too)or good vibrations from marky mark and the funky bunch because he looks like marky mark and acts like marky mark and cena is a marky MARK for himself cause he wears all his own merchandise (minus the teddy bear) at the same time and guess where marky mark is from? boston! (west newbury has to be close). if it walks like a marky and acts like a marky.... it's a marky

I like the intro music Cena has, but the lyrics are just, ..... dumb. He needs something new, hopefully something he can put his signature on ala "The Game" and HHH.

And I'm glad everyone else despises it, Priceless is the worst intro song in wrestling, worse than Glacier's and tied with "Biscuits and Gravy". It just sounds gay.

Edit- Whoever said that and the original Priceless song sounded the exact same is absolutely correct. Freakin' hilarious.

Nice one liner above, such detail and insight! :thumbsup:

I'd change three at the moment. HHH's, Priceless, and HBK's.

First of all HHH, if I were to change it i'd go back to his "My Time" music as I thought that was one of the best theme songs that any superstar ever has had. I'm not a fan of his new song, it makes sense for his character but I don't really enjoy it at all. He NEEDS to be a heel, I can't stand him as a face, and going back to the "My Time" theme would cause me to mark out so damn hard that my head would blow up.

Priceless's theme is just lame, annoying, and sad. It's so generic, and they def. need something new. I don't know what i'd change it to, but it'd have to be something to incorporate the Legacy. Something about them not caring about anything but themselves and being greats in the making. Whatever the change would be, i'd take it, nothing can be as bad as the current one they have.. well nothing except for Scott Steiners, that was just stupid.

And finally, HBK, I sorta am in a debate with myself over this. He's had that same theme forever, with the exception of when he was with DX, but as a singles superstar it's always been the same. So for that reason, maybe he shouldn't change it, just to be the only man to keep the same theme throughout his career. On the other hand though, I would love to see him go heel.. just once more, and choose a badass theme. I know he's said he doesn't want to be heel, because of his religion or whatever, but he needs to be for a bit before he retires.

Christian: ''Last breathe'' by Evanescence, I mean all in all it should just be his theme. That was redone by Wwe and Tna pretty much, so why the hell now.

Edge: ''Im coming home'' by Alter bridge or ''Ties that bind'' by Alterbridge. Just keep the whole thing going with them, Their a great band, and some edits to those songs would work great.

Undertaker: ''Today is a good day to die'' by Manowar

Cm Punk: ''Miseria Cantere'' by AFI just to keep him more official and not generic
''Fixation on the darkness'' by Killswitch if you need to keep it Wwe-ish

I would change Kanes back to what he had when he was ECW champ, I like that one, then he'd stand in the ring and throw his arms down for the pyro in the corners, that was way more bad arse than his current one.

Also, I would change Matt Hardy's of course, as a heel he can NOT come out to Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Yeah!

I wouldn't change Jericho's, that's his song. I love his entrance, I wish he still had his back to the audience like he used to, that always looked awesome, Break The Walls Down!!!

I love CM Punk's as well, Killswitch Engage are sickkkkkkkk!

Mark Henry's is probably my least favourite. He needs something better asap.

John Cena's entrance music should be "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley, Randy Orton should come out to "Show Me Your Genitals" by Jon Lajoie and Triple H should come out to "It's Business Time" by Flight of the Conchords.

John Cena's entrance music should be "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley, Randy Orton should come out to "Show Me Your Genitals" by Jon Lajoie and Triple H should come out to "It's Business Time" by Flight of the Conchords.

LOL Triple H and business time lol!!!

I reckon Santino would be good with Mutha Uckers By Flight of the Conchords! He could change his gimmick to be a hardcore gangsta that is really weak, would be a crack up n Santino can make you laugh pretty well.

Kelly Kelly could have Leggy Blonde.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back