If WWE Would Shut Down Tomorrow.... Would you Quit Watching Wrestling?

Would You Quit Wrestling if WWE Closed Tomorrow?

• Yes I'd Quit

• I'd watch TNA

• I'd Watch ROH

• I'd stick to indy wrestling

Results are only viewable after voting.

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
Most people will say WWE is wrestling or wrestling dies without WWE.... Thats debatable but not the point of the thread

The What if is..... If for some reason WWE shuts down tomorrow would you quit? Would you go watch TNA? Would you stick to Indy Wrestling? What would you do?

Personally.... Id probably stick it out with TNA since its the closest thing we have to WWE but part of me would want to Quit. WWE has been in my life since 1998. And watching anything else after those matches, moments, etc would been like a letdown after such a legacy the WWE has created.

What about you? What would you do if WWE closed down?

Wow, another of the same thread lol.
but this time its wwe.
of course everybody in america would quit watching wrestling.
cause to the wwe fans wwe is wrestling.
but to a wrestling fan as myself i would watch other wrestling.
asking this question is like asking would u watch football if nfl stopped.
nfl's fans would. but the all football fans would watch college footballs games.

I would be pretty let down if that were to happen, but as a true fan of the actual wrestling aspect of pro wrestling I'd probably watch TNA more than I do now. I'm constantly put off by TNA with their bad announce team, bad story lines, and bad characters, but make a constant effort to watch and enjoy. If there were no WWE then I may be able to enjoy TNA a bit more since there wouldn't be a bigger company to steal the spotlight and generally out do everything TNA does. I'd probably be more enlightened to check out some Indy promotions as well.

I wouldn't stop watching wrestling because, well, I love wrestling. Duh. I love WWE too though for all the great times I've had watching it and all the great memories. So I'd still watch wrestling, but it wouldn't be the same.

It would be like watching football if your favourite team stopped playing, or listening your favourite band's albums after they've split up. You'll still enjoy it, but it'll be very bitter-sweet. And even the smarkiest of smarks would be sad if WWE went out of business, though many smarks wouldn't admit it. Y'know, cause of their IWC street cred.

Although, if WWE did close tomorrow, there would be so much great talent unemployed. Cena, Punk, Undertaker, Orton, Bryan and so on. Guys that wouldn't go to TNA, or who TNA couldn't afford, or both. So maybe the top guys would start a new wrestling company for all the former WWE talent.

Wow, it really makes you realise that the wrestling industry just wouldn't be as good without WWE, or if WWE had never gotten as big as it did.

I wouldn't stop watching. I love wrestling. I always have. I would watch TNA and ROH. I would probably explore the indies around my area too. Wrestling is a part of my life. It always will be. I really doesn't matter to me which brand it is as long as I have wrestling to watch.

I wouldnt quit, but Id be forced to watch TNA, which might become more interesting since there would be alot of free agents, which would then most likely turn TNA into the next WWE style of program that we are so used to watching. Who the hell watches Indy shows? Not me!

WWE since 91

I voted for sticking with indie wrestling.

I feel like indie wrestling provides most the things I love about WWE except in a more direct setting. You know when cool chants happen in WWE? Like the first time people chanted "YES" at Wrestlemania for instance? That's pretty much constant at an indie show. I'm a sucker for spot fests, and those are obviously huge at indie shows. Goofy physical comedy via Colt Cabana, the entire Chikara roster, etc. also happens at indie shows all the time. Also many extremely impressive wrestling matches happen at these shows, as guys like Cesaro, Bryan, Punk, etc. are demonstrating now. Plus it's cheaper than WWE, and your seats are a lot closer!

Why do I still like WWE, then? Because it's able to tell bigger, better stories on a larger stage. I would miss the grandeur that WWE provides. But most of the pieces are still there in the indie leagues.

I would continue my viewing habits as they are now, minus being able to watch WWE, of course. I love my wife, and I love being married to her. But should she divorce me, or worse, pass away, I wouldn't jump into the arms of her sister who looked like my wife, just 20 years older and 30 lbs heavier.

But if I chose to start watching ROH simply because it had some of the aspects of WWE, yet was far inferior, it would be the same as my example, on a much smaller lever, of course. I don' like the product now, so unless they showed improvement into a product I used to enjoy on a consistent basis, I wouldn't watch.

Would you go watch TNA?
The way you have this worded it's as if watching TNA or WWE are mutually exclusive. Do you not think that there are people like me, who watch both TNA and WWE alike? If anything, I would get even more excited about the TNA product, because with WWE no longer around, there would be a lot of big name availability for TNA to sign. The opportunity to see names once thought impossible facing off would be an enticing idea, as would the idea of Vince and Dixie possibly joining forces to create a different product than had ever been seen before.

You may dismiss the notion, but there were these two guys in the mid-1990's who vowed to destroy the other, and they wound up working together pretty darn well for awhile.
bischvince2.jpg

Who watches wrestling just for TNA?. Of course i wouldn't stop watching.. I watch all wrestling except TNA. My life is too precious to sit there and watch a bunch of crap for 2 hour's.
This is incredibly shortsighted and ignorant. There are plenty of people like IDR who watch only Impact Wrestling, and they know more about wrestling than you ever will, based on this statement. I watch both, but the argument is certainly there that the company pumping out more "crap" is WWE, with 8 hours of programming at least every week, eleven during PPV weeks.

I like TNA, and I like WWE. Both have their flaws, both their strengths. If one went out of business, the very realistic possibility of seeing wrestlers from the two products under one banner is there, which could possibly lead to the best product we've ever seen. I have chills at the thought of John Cena emerging from gorilla position with an Impact mic in hand.

Darn right I'd watch TNA still if WWE went out of business. Those who wouldn't give one a chance because the other went out of business are incredibly short-sighted. But someone else topped you, "Messiah", fear not.:rolleyes:

Wow, another of the same thread lol.
but this time its wwe.
*Sigh*:disappointed:
This coming from the guy who spits out 3-4 nearly unreadable threads a day, showing that quality, even very slight, is better than the highest of quantities.

of course everybody in america would quit watching wrestling.
cause to the wwe fans wwe is wrestling.
I'm "American", I don't equate WWE solely with wrestling, and I would very much continue to watch TNA. Do you see the problems with absolutes?

but to a wrestling fan as myself i would watch other wrestling.
So what makes you different then just a WWE fan? Do you truly believe that all 'TNA fans are TNA fans alone, or vice versa with WWE? I'm a fan of both products, and a wresting fan. But that doesn't mean I enjoy all wrestling.

asking this question is like asking would u watch football if nfl stopped.
nfl's fans would. but the all football fans would watch college footballs games.

No, it's not, because you're assuming that:

1. Most people are fan of "one kind" of wrestling, football, or "insert sport here."

2. Most people don't factor in city/state/town pride.

For example, I hate high school football, but I'm a football fan nonetheless. I just don't think the skill level is high enough in high school. I played in high school, but won't go see my alma mater, because the talent level is so poor.

I watch Pittsburgh college football, and all of the NFL. Does that mean I like the NFL more? Nope. I play FantasyFootball, for cash, so I have more invested in it.

As you can see, it has nothing to do w personal preferences. But with wrestling, for me and many others, that's exactly what wrestling is about.

I wouldn't quit wrestling. I still watch TNA most weeks so I would only watch more strictly if WWE were to go bust. This question is a hypothetical but the guys who are currently employed with the WWE would have to go somewhere. Cena, Orton, The Miz would probably make movies but other than that they would work for TNA and the indies. As I said I would watch TNA regardless but if, for example, CM Punk or Dolph Ziggler was appearing at a random independent promotion then I would try to find a way to watch online.

I'd absolutely not quit watching wrestling, especially since I live in Glasgow where our scene is being compared to ECW days. Insane Championship Wrestling is keeping wrestling alive here, it's even being filmed by the BBC at the moment, what does that tell ya.

Seriously?

If WWE went out of business/shut down/ended whatever, why would my second option have to be either select another company or quit watching period? Has no one seen the horrendously hilarious Youtube videos that grace us daily? Has no one watched two grown men fight on a trampoline just for one to wind up in a hospital? C'mon; wrestling is wrestling. I don't need WWE or TNA or even a small company to entertain me when one kid caught on fire.

I have the power of Youtube at my disposal, and many a shitty trampoline wrestling federation to enjoy.

I'll throw in my opinion:
Professional wrestling has been kept alive for so long because of the WWE mainly, and that's a fact. If WWE was to shut down, then the Superstars would go on to work for another company, and given the success they already have, I guess they could make said company entertaining. It is all a matter of how good the performers can be and how good a creative team can be. As long as you can get a good combination of both, then a company will be successful. If a company can capitalize on WWE's shutdown, then that company will be successful. Eventually, if pro wrestling survives through the years, to the younger generation, the flagship company won't be the WWE and they won't think that just because WWE died, pro wrestling died too. They will consider the top company of their generation as the WWE of ours, and continue to watch that. It's the same thing everywhere, but, in order for a company to succeed, they have to produce good content and advertise themselves a lot. If they can do that, then they will become the WWE of future eras.

If WWE stopped, I assume that all the talent would just go to TNA and we'd just start over again, so most people would watch TNA to follow their favourite stars. Maybe they do things differently (Bryan and Cena are jobbers, Cesaro and Mahal on top etc), who knows, but it'd be one HELL of a ride

I'd stop watching the current product, TNA is well... it's TNA and hasn't appealed to me in quite some time now. As for ROH and smaller companies, they don't appeal to me either... I'm a sucker for big, bright, shiny things, big production values and all that... and you don't really see that with indy promotions. Of course you have it with some Japanese promotions, but...

I'd watch old stuff on Youtube and stuff still, but my days of watching and following the current product would most likely be over.

I would continue my viewing habits as they are now, minus being able to watch WWE, of course. I love my wife, and I love being married to her. But should she divorce me, or worse, pass away, I wouldn't jump into the arms of her sister who looked like my wife, just 20 years older and 30 lbs heavier.

But if I chose to start watching ROH simply because it had some of the aspects of WWE, yet was far inferior, it would be the same as my example, on a much smaller lever, of course. I don' like the product now, so unless they showed improvement into a product I used to enjoy on a consistent basis, I wouldn't watch.

The way you have this worded it's as if watching TNA or WWE are mutually exclusive. Do you not think that there are people like me, who watch both TNA and WWE alike? If anything, I would get even more excited about the TNA product, because with WWE no longer around, there would be a lot of big name availability for TNA to sign. The opportunity to see names once thought impossible facing off would be an enticing idea, as would the idea of Vince and Dixie possibly joining forces to create a different product than had ever been seen before.

You may dismiss the notion, but there were these two guys in the mid-1990's who vowed to destroy the other, and they wound up working together pretty darn well for awhile.
bischvince2.jpg

This is incredibly shortsighted and ignorant. There are plenty of people like IDR who watch only Impact Wrestling, and they know more about wrestling than you ever will, based on this statement. I watch both, but the argument is certainly there that the company pumping out more "crap" is WWE, with 8 hours of programming at least every week, eleven during PPV weeks.

I like TNA, and I like WWE. Both have their flaws, both their strengths. If one went out of business, the very realistic possibility of seeing wrestlers from the two products under one banner is there, which could possibly lead to the best product we've ever seen. I have chills at the thought of John Cena emerging from gorilla position with an Impact mic in hand.

Darn right I'd watch TNA still if WWE went out of business. Those who wouldn't give one a chance because the other went out of business are incredibly short-sighted. But someone else topped you, "Messiah", fear not.:rolleyes:

*Sigh*:disappointed:
This coming from the guy who spits out 3-4 nearly unreadable threads a day, showing that quality, even very slight, is better than the highest of quantities.

I'm "American", I don't equate WWE solely with wrestling, and I would very much continue to watch TNA. Do you see the problems with absolutes?

So what makes you different then just a WWE fan? Do you truly believe that all 'TNA fans are TNA fans alone, or vice versa with WWE? I'm a fan of both products, and a wresting fan. But that doesn't mean I enjoy all wrestling.

No, it's not, because you're assuming that:

1. Most people are fan of "one kind" of wrestling, football, or "insert sport here."

2. Most people don't factor in city/state/town pride.

For example, I hate high school football, but I'm a football fan nonetheless. I just don't think the skill level is high enough in high school. I played in high school, but won't go see my alma mater, because the talent level is so poor.

I watch Pittsburgh college football, and all of the NFL. Does that mean I like the NFL more? Nope. I play FantasyFootball, for cash, so I have more invested in it.

As you can see, it has nothing to do w personal preferences. But with wrestling, for me and many others, that's exactly what wrestling is about.

uh oh a attack directly handpicked to me, wow i feel so "insert joke here"
anyhow i don't understand why you quoted me i did'nt make the thread none the less i must posted something that caught your eye.
but anyway what u said about nfl and arena was exactly what i was saying.
wwe is like nfl in the terms of its big.
you dont like highschool football that goes the same for local's indy's right?
and you do like arena and you like tna wrestling.
and you like wwe and nfl. thats the point.
there's wrestling fans, theres wrestling fanatics, and there's wwe fans and tna fans. wwe gets about 3 times the ratings tna gets that why i said to america wwe is wrestling. but it is! i love tna just like you. but when i think wrestling i think wwe. everyone does its just like when you hear the words football you think of nfl. thats what i meant by the post.

I already watch TNA as it is so I'd just keep watching that. Very rarely I'll watch ROH but if there was no WWE I'd most likely start watching ROH more because I feel like it would get more exposure on sites like this and I'd be reminded to watch it. There are no indie promotions where I live that I know of and I don't really follow them much online unless someone directs me to videos. That's the only reason I have ever seen CHIKARA which is fantastic by the way. I by chance ordered a DGUSA pay per view once and thought it was pretty cool so I would maybe invest some time into watching that more.

There is plenty of wrestling out there to watch and if WWE were to go out of business I'd watch more of it.

If I needed a WWE fix I'd just watch old stuff on YouTube and various sites.

If WWE shut down tomorrow, I would simply just resort to watching TNA. A lot of the wrestlers in WWE would end up going to either TNA or ROH.... So I might give ROH a try as well if enough of WWE's talent ends up there. I'm nowhere near as big of a fan of TNA as I am of WWE, but they are the next best thing. I don't watch indy feds or anything beyond WWE/TNA whatsoever, so as long as there's still one of the two organizations that I am a fan of providing with a pro wrestling show product, I'll watch. After 20+ years it will take more than losing the biggest wrestling federation out of the two I watch for me to quit altogether.

WWE programming is essentially a TV series, and if it came to an end I would look back with fondness in much the same way I have with TV shows of yesteryear. I'd watch old wrestling tapes just as I would watch re-runs of Seinfeld or Home Improvement.

Would I watch the other wrestling companies of today? I wouldn't watch TNA all that faithfully, that's for sure. I wouldn't watch much of the indies either. The problem with televised wrestling in this era, outside of WWE, is that promoters try too hard to come across as irreverent. The art of subtly is absent, and is replaced with foul language, loud commentary, excessive violence, and spotfests. When wrestling companies go back to basics, I will take them more seriously.

I simply don't have the appetite to watch crash TV wrestling programming.

Well I've been watching WWE on-and-off the past year really so in all honesty I probably would stop watching wrestling altogether. I'm not invested enough anymore to watch TNA or any other company so yeah I'd stop watching. I'm about 70% there already :p

Why quit watching if WWE closed? Your just blind to think wrestling wouldn't live on. If WWE closed, many of the WWE stars once out of contract with WWE would move on to TNA, many of the WWE writers, and staff members might move to TNA as well, and my bet is TNA ratings would jump to maybe double or triple their current ratings numbers if WWE closed. This would lead to TNA having bigger crowds, and making more money.

Of course guys like Undertaker, John Cena would more then likely never join TNA if WWE closed, but you never know.

I think TNA would be a better company if WWE closed, and I'm sure ROH would strive a little better then it does picking up some talent, maybe some start up companies would happen like TNA did in the wake of WCW being closed down. I don't think WWE would be any better if TNA closed though, just because WWE already acts as if it has no competition, and TNA talent on the open market most likely wouldn't be given WWE contracts, I mean I'm sure WWE would go after Sting, go after Joe, and a few others, but they would all be buried in WWE, where as former WWE talent is usually pushed in TNA.

Thats my thoughts anyway. I think wrestling would be OK without WWE, it wouldn't be on the large scale that WWE is right now. But remember when the big 3 were going and all was good in wrestling, WWE was on USA/TNN, WCW was on TNT/TBS with the better tv deal, ECW for the most part was only on whats now Fox Sports channels at 2am usually. Before its deal with TNN. Where as now ROH has a deal with Fox to be on Sunday nights for local programming, its more then what ECW had back then. and TNA is on Spike. So again, wrestling and TNA & ROH would be just fine.

Doesn't matter I don't see WWE closing any time soon in my life time.

I don't watch the WWE now and if they closed tomorrow I'd probably watch more wrestling because there would be a huge vacancy in the wrestling world that would probably be filled with something non McMahon related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back