If WWE Releases Daniel Bryan, TNA Needs to Offer Him the Moon

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Yes, the American Dragon, himself.

This, according to a main page story running right now speaking to a report that indicates they may do so next week: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/661...m_campaign=Feed:+Wrestlezonecom+(WRESTLEZONE)

And this is coming from someone who has never shied from, or really skipped an opportunity to let you all know what a fan of his I wasn't. I'm still not. He's a phenomenally talented in-ring wrestler. No doubt about that. But for my money, I need more than ring prowess. Namely, I need, or want, personality. Microphone personality. That likeability factor that transcends "because he's the anti-Cena", or whatever other excuses are bandied about when people answer the "why him" question.

Granted, I haven't seen him work in a long, long time. Well beyond whatever amount of time he's been sitting on the sidelines, but just like CM Punk, he's a made man. There's built-in equity in his name, and fans want to see him wrestle. Even if they'd rather not have to watch him do so in a TNA ring.

While yes, they should still be doing what they can to build new stars, this is just one of those situations, like Angle before him, or Jeff Hardy, where you really can't pass on the opportunity IMO.

Jeff Hardy was the hottest star in wrestling for a time. Then he went to TNA. It's a place where careers go to die. If Bryan wanted that he could just stay in WWE if they don't want him competing.

Out of all the wrestling promotions not called WWE, TNA would be a stellar 3rd as a choice. Best bet he goes to ROH and we just might see him LU before TNA. Bryan has been outspoken about going back to the indies and to be honest that is well where he will be suited for a while.

My guess would be that if the potential release of Bryan is a result of the WWE refusing to clear him for in-ring action while Bryan himself(and other respected doctors who have evaluated him from outside of the company) feels he is medically ready to return to the ring, although it is probably not legally possible or binding, were WWE to grant Bryan that requested release and allow him his wish to continue his wrestling career elsewhere, I'd speculate that a "wink and nod" agreement would be attached that would preclude Bryan from signing with TNA.

His ROH history, his love for and natural fit in Japanese wrestling, and the ROH/NJPW relationship seem to make him a prime candidate to fill the "AJ Styles role" as a main eventer for those two companies.

In fact, as long as we're talking wink and nod agreements, and considering the peculiar timing of this release if it legitimately happens this coming week, I could be persuaded to believe that perhaps there was a bit of behind-the-scenes discussion that lead to NJPW helping clear the way for the likes of Styles and Nakamura to make the WWE leap(as well as NJPW allowing for the rumored upcoming transfer of the bullet club license to WWE), while in turn WWE is working with Bryan to ease a transition to New Japan. A covert "trade" of sorts between the world's top two promotions.

Jeff Hardy was the hottest star in wrestling for a time. Then he went to TNA. It's a place where careers go to die. If Bryan wanted that he could just stay in WWE if they don't want him competing.

Where he was the hottest thing in TNA for years. Running in front of Hogan and Bischoff's parade of talents straight from the "how to lose your audience in three quick steps" handbook, but still the hottest thing in TNA.

But this is based on the idea of Bryan being released. Meaning he's a free agent.

Not sure on that, certainly a lot of guys careers have went on to prosper after TNA, some have even moved to WWE.

The health rumours are going to stick to Daniel Bryan for the rest of his career, it sounds like he wants back into the ring, I think the WWE would prefer him to become a trainer, retire and maybe make the odd appearance every now and again, I'm sure WWE makes quite a lot of $$$ from Daniel Bryan merchandise as well.

ROH would be like going home for Daniel Bryan, and he would probably be free to work in Japan, however the stiff style that they work in Japan could well be the worst move for him.

I don't see Daniel Bryan getting released, but if he did then yes TNA should offer him big money to sign, taping a few weeks at a time with a small amount of house shows fits perfectly into a schedule for Daniel Bryan as does the guys he would be facing i.e. Roode, ECIII, Lashley, Storm, EY.

No chance in hell Bryan gets released like that, like some common jobber. Actually there's no chance in hell he gets released at all.

But just to go with the thread. It makes zero impact for TNA if they sign Bryan. I remember when they signed Jeff Hardy back in 2010, when he was the hottest star in wrestling world-wide. Back then, they also had Hogan, Sting, Angle, Styles and Joe. That's some fine names. Remember what happened? The whole parade of TNA lasted for about a year and the whole impact lasted of about a week when they went head to head with RAW.

Now, when all of the stars are missing? It won't last. The only thing that TNA could get out of it would be an Angle vs Bryan match which would put butts in the seats and sold out arenas and generate interest, but only that.

TNA would be the last place Bryan goes to... First off, TNA can't afford to "offer him the moon", especially compared to what he was making in WWE. He would make so much more money elsewhere. TNA is a company that's struggling to find a consistent TV deal, switching networks all the time is not a good sign. Daniel Bryan has so many option. He can literally work anywhere and TNA is not a big deal like it use to be, maybe if this was 2007-2008, he might go there, but not now.. Bryan would likely go to Japan or ROH, i don't see him working in Lucha Underground either.

WWE has responded to the rumors stating that it isn't true. The situation looks something like this: Scott Keith posted an anonymous email last week from someone claiming to work in WWE's Human Resources department stating that one of their co-workers processed a release for Bryan for this coming Monday, January 18th. The rumor picked up steam when an article at What Culture ran a story based on the anonymous email.

The primary reason this was given any real degree of credence was because Keith is the writer/reporter who broke the story of John Cena taking time off from WWE for a few months to film a fitness based reality show for FOX. WWE simply responded with: "There is no truth to this letter from a supposed WWE employee." So until the 18th comes around and Bryan leaves, I put no stock in this.

If Bryan does leave, I don't see him coming to TNA. While Bryan doesn't seem to be overly concerned with money, his days of working for nothing or next to nothing are long since behind him. If, for the sake of argument, he still wants to wrestle but WWE won't clear him, I don't see him taking the risk unless TNA basically bends over backwards with a heavily reduced schedule and, at least, a mid 6 figure salary. IF what I've read is true, Bryan makes $900,000 a year in WWE; I don't know if that's a downside guarantee or not but there's a real possibility that it is.

Considering that four of New Japan's top guys are on their way to WWE, I'd see them making a play for Daniel Bryan. He's worked for New Japan in the past, was once one half of the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions at one point. Considering Bryan's popularity and is genuine love of the more physical style, I could see New Japan making a serious offer if the opportunity came up.

Jeff's Career didn't really fizzle until he showed up to Victory Road like a zombie and made the entire company look ridiculous, his career before that, was when TNA was a healthy alternative, and he was one of their main attractions. TNA had a literally legendary roster around that time, but most of them were well past their prime, Hardy being an example of one still within his.

Coming home to RoH or going to New Japan are my 2 big guesses, both can offer him respectable contracts and would let him stay him, TNA's near future isn't questionable anymore, and it may even be on a rise, but with some recent booking, Josh Mathews, and the fake taped tournament, it's fallen greatly to where it was unwatchable for a while.

New Japan is probably hungry for the void that the Bullet members opened, and RoH's ROI on Daniel Bryan would break them from a stagnation they've been stuck in since WWE has been feeding on their talent the past few years.

WWE just seems intent to keep holding back it's roster to push Roman Reigns down our throats until we puke, holding Dbry back is one of the worst examples of this, If they were being careful, he'd be cleared now, he was questionable months ago, by now he's fine to everyone than the sellout Doctor.

I question if Bryan would be a draw for TNA. Will people who don't watch TNA start watching if they hear he's there? I don't think so.

In all honesty i would rather see him go to TNA then stay sidelined hoping he ever gets cleared again. Im a huge daniel bryan fan. I hate TNA i cant stand it there is nothing really too like about TNA but if bryan went to TNA i would be an every week viewer, Going by this im sure a lot of others would strictly tune in just to see bryan danielson wrestle again. That being said IF he does get released TNA NEEDS to offer him as much as they possibly can. It would get some major attention and i know TNA is on pop tv but you know the ratings would sky rocket maybe not to the point of competing with WWE but the E's rating are going down. TNA's are slowly going up and with danielson they would go up even further. Bryan can single handedly make TNA some sort of competition to the WWE. How incredible would that be.

Listen moron ! TNA Is where ex wwe wrestlers go to not get buried and get recognition for work done! wwe is a place where careers go to die like many who despise it including wrestlers like Batista , Raven and many more!
wwe buries them and ruins them no matter the money they get their image is destroyed! Daniel Bryan fits in TNA hell maybe they ll get him to wear Manik's suicide outfit

No! No!! No!!! TNA need to learn there lesson and not throw everything at a single individual, they have some great young talents debuting this year and don't need him.

Personally if he had been released, he's too big of a liability for TNA to be throwing a lot of money at him. I can't imagine taking the risks of signing him to a lucrative deal only for him to be out with an injury 3 months later.

JJ the thing is bryan isnt as injury prone as everyone thinks. His most recent injury was a concussion, He should have been back in a couple months but WWE continues to hold him out because they dont want to derail reigns. Besides that major neck injury bryan has been fine. And also he was wrestling the most matches out of anyone on the roster before his neck injury. He wouldn't be wrestling nearly as much in TNA.

JJ the thing is bryan isnt as injury prone as everyone thinks. His most recent injury was a concussion, He should have been back in a couple months but WWE continues to hold him out because they dont want to derail reigns. Besides that major neck injury bryan has been fine. And also he was wrestling the most matches out of anyone on the roster before his neck injury. He wouldn't be wrestling nearly as much in TNA.

Honestly, that whole theory about Reigns is all speculation. They made it clear which direction they were going in with DBry last year upon his return. I imagine if he truly could've been released - he would've. He's more valuable to them working in the ring than collecting money. If I was TNA - even if he was released I'd have red flags. The question is does he have a large enough fanbase that would follow him to TNA? Would he make a difference now?

First of all, I would never want him to leave WWE.
:rolleyes:

If he leave WWE and joins TNA, it would be a major boost to TNA. The fanbase of Daniel Bryan is huge enough to make people tune into TNA for him like i would surely watch TNA for him. And Yes! TNA should surely sign him if he is released. :rolleyes:

Hell no...Bryan is old and injury prone. Build new stars, screw bringing in washed up veterans past their prime. I'd rather see a play for Red Dragon and Matt Taven, both talents contract are expiring in ROH soon.

IF the rumours prove to be true, and WWE decide to release Daniel Bryan (or Bryan asks for his release), then I fully expect TNA to make him an offer. Even with his injury worries, getting Bryan on board would be huge for TNA, similar to when Kurt Angle showed up in the Impact Zone. He'd be the biggest free agent in wrestling and EVERYONE would want him on their show.

However, I would expect Bryan to return "home" to Ring of Honor if he ends up leaving WWE. He loves the promotion and it's where he got his break in the business. He'd likely do ROH and then do random indie shows for high $$$

Hell no...Bryan is old and injury prone.
No. He had a major neck injury, and upon recovery he suffered a freak concussion which can happen to anyone, but prior to that he had no notable injury history at all. "Injury Prone" is a definite stretch.

Build new stars, screw bringing in washed up veterans past their prime.
Yes, they still need to build future stars, but that is done on the relative cheap with smart scouting. When the Sting's, Dudley's, Angle's, and Jeff Hardy's of the world become options, TNA would be idiots to not do everything in their power to try and sign them. "Past their prime" is always debatable, but all of the men I mentioned had plenty left in the tank and rewarded TNA with long effective runs. And Bryan would likely be no different.

I'd rather see a play for Red Dragon and Matt Taven, both talents contract are expiring in ROH soon.
You're aware that Bryan is only three and a half years older than Taven, and he is FAR younger than Fish, who will turn forty before the end of 2016, right??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back