If HBK Did Come Back For One More Match...

CM Steel

A REAL American
Die-Hard Shawn Michaels fans still ti'l this day wants Shawn Michaels to wrestle "one more match" even in HBK's retirement from wrestling. The only problem with that beside's HBK being retired is who would Shawn Michaels wrestle in a match?

It would have to be against someone who Shawn Michaels has never faced one-on-one. When HBK made his return to the WWE ring the first time going on ten years ago it was against his friend Triple H at Summerslam that year. And then went on to have his very first feud against Chris Jericho that came to a close at Wrestlemania 19 in Seattle, Washington.

Last year on RAW when the WWE annonced Shawn Michaels as head of the class of the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame. HBK was interuted by Alberto Del Rio during HBK's in-ring segment. And then Shawn Michaels would super kick Del Rio in front of the live WWE crowd. So wasn't Alberto Del Rio suppose to be looking for revenge against Shawn Michaels?

And the only way a match between Shawn Michaels and CM Punk could take place is if CM Punk went heel again. Bringing back the whole Straight Edge persona like he did on Smackdown two years ago. Claiming to be a "savior". Which HBK didn't take kindly to backstage at the time being a born-again christian. HBK and CM Punk never wrestled against each other one-on-one before. They could do what HBK and Kurt Angle did at Wrestlemania 21 in Hollywood and steal the show!

HBK fans don't want to remember Shawn Michaels last match on the losing side, as well as the last two WM's HBK wrestled in against the Undertaker. So if HBK did come back for one more match. Who should it be against?

If HBK did come back for one match, it should be against The Rock.

For Alberto Del Rio, no. if that was the case. Half of the roster would be looking for a revenge against Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I personally hope that he doesn't come back for one more match. He has had an extremely long and successful career, there is nothing left for him to accomplish. In a business where no one stays retired, I hope HBK does, he deserves it.

But if he did return for "One more match" there is 2 matches I would want to see, one being possible, the other being a long shot.

The first is HBK Vs The Rock, these two have never feuded and would easily be in anyones top 5 wrestlers of all time. And apparently there is some heat between them since Rock felt he was treated badly by HBK when he was going through his substance problems. But these 2 could work magic in the squared circle.

The other person I would like to see him face is Sting. Both born again christians but with an edge to them, Sting with his crow personality & mind games, HBK with his flamboyantness and willingness to cross lines. They are both excellent ring technicians and would mesh well with styles I believe. And there contrast in personality would only make things more interesting.

He needs to not Ric Flair his legacy.

for everyone saying it, I 2nd The Rock, but I do kind of disagree with The Rock wrestling, but I still think it would draw.

The other? HBK Vs the Undertaker III, it sounds a bit ridiculous, but I think a 3rd times the charm type finish to a half decade story could be epic (I wouldn't have him end the streak)

As far as the losing side comment, most retirements done willingly end up being on the losing end.

Think the saying was "You'll almost always win your debut, but pay it forward, and lose your final match"

I hope he doesn't ever wrestle again. At one point in time, he was amazing. However, except in certain matches, he really wasn't that good later on. Just sort of paint by numbers. Lacked selling, wasn't convincing, just a real hokey bastard. If he ever did wrestle again, it'd probably be a HHH/HBK love fest and I'd puke.

If I had to chose ANYONE for him to wrestle, it'd be 1996 Sting, that can't happen. If I had to chose one match that actually could happen, it'd be against Rock. It's really weird because almost as soon as HBK got hurt, that's when Rock really took off.

I hope he doesn't ever wrestle again. At one point in time, he was amazing. However, except in certain matches, he really wasn't that good later on. Just sort of paint by numbers. Lacked selling, wasn't convincing, just a real hokey bastard. If he ever did wrestle again, it'd probably be a HHH/HBK love fest and I'd puke.

If I had to chose ANYONE for him to wrestle, it'd be 1996 Sting, that can't happen. If I had to chose one match that actually could happen, it'd be against Rock. It's really weird because almost as soon as HBK got hurt, that's when Rock really took off.

You got that spot on son. I personally couldn't care if i didn't see anything from him. Granted i knew i was going to see a good match, but he just lacked believiability to me. I mean, who actually believes HBK would beat anyone in a real fight????

If i was to see another match, i would like to see him put over ziggler or rhodes. But that aint going to happen as HBK will never put anyone over. He's been far too protected throughout his whole career and was no wonder the company almost went out of buisness with him as the face of it.

You got that spot on son. I personally couldn't care if i didn't see anything from him. Granted i knew i was going to see a good match, but he just lacked believiability to me. I mean, who actually believes HBK would beat anyone in a real fight????

If i was to see another match, i would like to see him put over ziggler or rhodes. But that aint going to happen as HBK will never put anyone over. He's been far too protected throughout his whole career and was no wonder the company almost went out of buisness with him as the face of it.
2 things. 1) HBK vs Ziggler would be AMAZING. Ziggler more than anyone reminds me of HBK because he sells big, but not so big that it's cartoony. 2) HBK back in the day was so ridiculously protected that he once went for an elbow on Vader, vader was supposed to move, he didn't, Shawn stomps and yells "MOVE". If you embarass vader like that in Japan or in the NWA, he knocks your eye out of your face and throws you on your head and you never walk again (not that that's a good thing to do, kinda unprofessional on both ends).

I still get the vibe that HBK has had his ass kissed too much. If you think about it, he's NOT a top guy of all time. Maybe top 10-5, but he was never over enough to be top 5. Cena is a bigger star than HBK at his peak. He was damn good in the ring, but he was at the top of the WWE when they were at their lowest. What does that tell you?

I was pissed the cross eyed little fuck showed up to talk in his ridiculous voice about HHH and Undertaker, the more I think about it, I would HATE to see HBK wrestle again.

2 things. 1) HBK vs Ziggler would be AMAZING. Ziggler more than anyone reminds me of HBK because he sells big, but not so big that it's cartoony. 2) HBK back in the day was so ridiculously protected that he once went for an elbow on Vader, vader was supposed to move, he didn't, Shawn stomps and yells "MOVE". If you embarass vader like that in Japan or in the NWA, he knocks your eye out of your face and throws you on your head and you never walk again (not that that's a good thing to do, kinda unprofessional on both ends).

I still get the vibe that HBK has had his ass kissed too much. If you think about it, he's NOT a top guy of all time. Maybe top 10-5, but he was never over enough to be top 5. Cena is a bigger star than HBK at his peak. He was damn good in the ring, but he was at the top of the WWE when they were at their lowest. What does that tell you?

I was pissed the cross eyed little fuck showed up to talk in his ridiculous voice about HHH and Undertaker, the more I think about it, I would HATE to see HBK wrestle again.

I remember that incident with vader, think it was summerslam 96. Im not trying to come across as a hater but i do think your being generous to him. I'd say he's more 10-15 than 5-10. I personally think he is (dare i say it, i know the IWC thinks the sun shines out his ass) OVER-RATED. He is not the best at any one thing when so many people go on about him being the GOAT.
Ratings don't lie. Your point about him being on top when buisness was at its worst, true. Then look what happened. Once he got injured and was no longer the focus of the show, ratings steadily increased to ther point they were record breaking. He comes back in 2002, and since then ratings have steadily decreased. Coincidence, i think not. This is proof that to the majority of people out there HBK does nothing for them. Ive been a wrestling fan for 20yrs and when i ask a casual fan about him, ive had a few say he makes them turn the tv off due to him

HBK should stay retired and not tarnish his legacy like so many others have done. There's really no match that could top the HBK/Taker matches and trying would be pointless. I wouldn't mind seeing HBK on WWE tv more often, but, he needs to stay retired.

Wow. This thread went from IF HBK came back who would you LIKE him to WRESTLE ONE LAST TIME. It wasnt do you want him to come back or do you think he should come back. Haters.
Anyway I would like to see him vs The Rock since it never happened. I also wouldnt mind him and Austin going at it again. I dont really care him him wrestling the Undertaker or anyone else in this generation.
For the haters do you know how long it took that guy to become WWE/F Champ. Shit if it took me half a life time I wouldnt want to give up my spot either. He had Hogan, Savage, Yoko, Bret, Flair, Taker, Disel. Its not like now its just mainly cena and orton and if your in the wwe for a little and u get the belt. It was differnt in that day and age. I guess if people were a fan of wrestling for a long time they know and understand that.

First off: Vince was near broke and let nearly all of his main event walk to WCW so he had to make new stars. HBK/Taker/Hart/Foley held down the main event there. How soon we forget?
Second, Rock wouldn't work with HBK because HBK big timed him when Rock was still green and HBK was still HBK.

---
In terms of in-ring performance, the guy has to be top-10 all time and while he is older now, please remember that he came back from a 4.5 year layoff and stole the show in his first match back at Summerslam '02. I have absolutely no doubt that HBK could come back and carry a broomstick to a **** match. I'd love to see HBK/Punk, HBK/Ziggler or HBK/ADR. I think the natural opponent would be Daniel Bryan.

Of course, HBK's done and he's not coming back so this is all moot. HBK sold big in his prime and I'm certain that WWE fans would tune in for one more match. My hunch is that if you somehow twisted his arm into it, HBK would pull an Austin and insist that it's his way or the highway. Sting would probably be the perfect opponent in terms of draw, but I could see HBK favoring a ring general to keep up appearances. Daniel Bryan (trained him, already a main eventer but could use the rub, would make him look great) is the perfect opponent.

I remember that incident with vader, think it was summerslam 96. Im not trying to come across as a hater but i do think your being generous to him. I'd say he's more 10-15 than 5-10. I personally think he is (dare i say it, i know the IWC thinks the sun shines out his ass) OVER-RATED. He is not the best at any one thing when so many people go on about him being the GOAT.
Ratings don't lie. Your point about him being on top when buisness was at its worst, true. Then look what happened. Once he got injured and was no longer the focus of the show, ratings steadily increased to ther point they were record breaking. He comes back in 2002, and since then ratings have steadily decreased. Coincidence, i think not. This is proof that to the majority of people out there HBK does nothing for them. Ive been a wrestling fan for 20yrs and when i ask a casual fan about him, ive had a few say he makes them turn the tv off due to him

I'm sorry, but are you actually suggesting that the ratings went down because of HBK? Excuse my french, but that is fucking ******ed.

Hbk was unlucky in that he was injured right before the boom period that was the Attitude Era, and then came back just after the Attitude Era. That would explain the rise in ratings as he left, and the drop when he returned. The last guy I saw make a comment this ******ed didn't last too long.(Cough*Ryan86*Cough)

I don't think he should ever return, but if he did, Triple H, purely because of the fact that they're real life best friends. Imagine if he came out of retirement so he and Trips could retire together. Not to mention it would make sense if Taker wins at 'Mania.

there's only two guys in the last 10 years or so that have and probably still would bring out the absolute best in Michaels, and they are Chris Jericho and The Undertaker.. end of.

for that reason, Michaels is better off retired.. as he keeps saying on a regular basis

HBK won't come back. He has gone on the record several times to say that. He has also stated he doesn't have an opponent he wants to face.

If he were to come back however.. I'd like to see him go against a fresh face (aka not The Rock). Someone that would benefit from wrestling him in the long run and passing the torch as far as being "The Showstopper" goes... Someone such as Wade Barrett or someone that hasn't even been on the roster yet. Just my thoughts...

Even though it would be so wrong for him to go back on his word, I'd like to see Punk vs HBK. I dont think either man needs to go heel for this one because the two do play a certain tweenerish character when they get cocky. Their characters have some depth, not just someone trying to get over or trying to get heat. You already have history between the two, HBk can brag about saving Punk's career and Punk can bring up HBK's past drug use.

First off, TWJC: The Beginning and parkycjp, I have to respectfully disagree. I think HBK, along with Bret Hart and the Undertaker, were the only guys keeping the WWE from going under. Bret and Shawn are always pointed to as two guys who could not draw. This is absolute crap. It was the rest of the roster who could not draw. Hogan had a huge lot of established wrestlers to help him put butts in seats. Andre, DiBiase, Macho Man, Ric Rude, Ultimate Warrior, managers who could give instant credibility to green up-and-comers, and an amazing tag team division.

Shawn had Mantaur, Aldo Montoya and Barry Harrowitz. Case F'ing closed.

As for HBK's last match. Why? This guy has already had an amazing career. He got a second chance to come back and help establish stars. Oh, and he has given several people the rub. Randy Orton, Edge, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Batista, and Umaga all benefited from having a feud with HBK. I have a feeling that HBK vs The Rock would just end up in another Hogan/HBK situation. So no thanks.

As a fan I'm always up for someone returning for a match, just not when they've jobbed in a retirement match. It kind of makes the match look redundant and considering how big & special Undertaker/Shawn I & II felt that is something WWE shouldn't tarnish.

Shawn getting back into storylines where he could screw Undertaker being referee now THAT is something I don't mind seeing at all as it adds another angle to the storyline.

But Shawn returning to the ring unless Undertaker has a pivitol role in agreeing to let Shawn have one more match then we don't need it. So if that involves Shawn screwing HHH and Taker/HHH having a match at Summer Slam where if HHH wins Shawn can come back to face HHH at the Survivor Series for screwing him than cool.

Most bitched about Flair doing the Hulkmaniacs tour & TNA so what's different in Shawn returning? apart from it being back in WWE? Absolutely nothing, it's the same thing.

HBK/Dolph Ziggler would be pretty awesome and the Rock/HBK is something most fans would love to see but overall I don't think its worth tarnishing the legacy of his matches with Taker. They wrestled two fantastic matches, full of emotion and I believe it only fitting that Mr Wrestlemania was retired at the event with possibly the only superstar who's mania legacy matches his.

It's pretty clear the top brass and fans want Triple H vs Undertaker vs HBK no disqualifications in a cage at next years wrestlemania main event where Shawn gets his chance to prove he can get the job done and prove to Triple H and Undertaker he's not a failure

but all so allows Triple H, Undertaker and HBK to retire from the in ring aspects of the
business with out making a huge production out of it

I'm sorry, but are you actually suggesting that the ratings went down because of HBK? Excuse my french, but that is fucking ******ed.

Hbk was unlucky in that he was injured right before the boom period that was the Attitude Era, and then came back just after the Attitude Era. That would explain the rise in ratings as he left, and the drop when he returned. The last guy I saw make a comment this ******ed didn't last too long.(Cough*Ryan86*Cough)

I don't think he should ever return, but if he did, Triple H, purely because of the fact that they're real life best friends. Imagine if he came out of retirement so he and Trips could retire together. Not to mention it would make sense if Taker wins at 'Mania.
How is that fucking ******ed? HBK didn't have much of a supporting cast but he has NEVER been a humongous draw. He's been a big draw, but he's not in that upper tier. People in India probably don't know who he is. My girlfriend had never heard of him before until I showed her his matches. she knew Rock, Austin, Hogan, and Cena though. Don't take it so offensively. Me saying that he's not a top all time draw isn't a bad thing, he's just in the second tier with HHH, Orton, Piper, and Hart.

You could say he got unlucky, but you can also say that there is enough empirical evidence to suggest that he was never as big a star as Austin, Rock, Cena, and Hogan. If HBK were as big a star as his diehards think, then his level of popularity would have risen equally with the rise in the product. In other words, Austin became the biggest star in the world, HBK should have been at least number 2. He wasn't though. As the company got bigger, guys passed HBK up because he simply doesn't have cross-media appeal. Notice how JR and HHH always say "best IN RING" performer. He's not the biggest draw. He's in the second tier, which is fine, that's a hell of an accomplishment.

The match is going to end in a draw some how this extends the streak and gives HBK
his chance to enter in to the middle of the Triple H/Taker feud leading up to a block
buster main event that will be the greatest main event in WM history

I'd have to go for hbk-rock that would be great.

if not i could go for another hbk-undertaker but it would have to be hell in the cell to bring it full circle after they were the first 2 to do it, but for that to be anyway near the first the wwe would have to scrap the no blood rule and let it be violent.

hbk also had fantastic chemistry with mick foley but sadly mick is to far past ever having another good match

also did anyone else notice hbks fantastic hair job after he finally took his hat of on raw this week? i mean the guy had more and thicker hair than he did in the 90s

If HBK comes back for one more match I think it will be against his old friend Triple H.

Hbk, the Game and Undertaker are all involved in an End of a Era match. I think Undertaker will win and the Game will blame HBK for his loss. I think this will lead to one more match between HBK and the Game at SummerSam. It will be a decade since HBK's in ring return in which he fought the Game and won. They have fought many times since then but the feud has never truly been finalized. I think this match at Summer Slam will be to prove to each other who is truly the best. I think HBK will win and finally end the feud between him and Triple H. After losing, I think the Game win question himself, and possibly turn heelish and go after one more run as WWE champion.

How is that fucking ******ed? HBK didn't have much of a supporting cast but he has NEVER been a humongous draw. He's been a big draw, but he's not in that upper tier. People in India probably don't know who he is. My girlfriend had never heard of him before until I showed her his matches. she knew Rock, Austin, Hogan, and Cena though. Don't take it so offensively. Me saying that he's not a top all time draw isn't a bad thing, he's just in the second tier with HHH, Orton, Piper, and Hart.

Bolded the most important part here. To an extent, that renders the rest of this meaningless. The notion that the top guy is solely responsible for drawing went out with the territory system. Shawn Michaels didn't have the supporting that Rock, Austin, Hogan, and Cena had. Not even close. Nor did any of them have the competition (WCW in its prime) that Shawn Michaels had.

That drags down the entire WWF, including Shawn Michaels. That's why people in India and your girlfriend didn't know who he is. It has nothing to do with how much of a draw he is.

Triple H, Orton, Piper and Hart? Come on, let's get serious for a minute. Those guys weren't even the top draw of their day. Shawn Michaels is between the top level (Hogan, Austin, Rock) and the level of top supporting cast (Triple H, Orton, Hart, etc). Just like John Cena. The guys who were at the top at the wrong time, and could've reached the Hogan/Austin/Rock level if not for factors outside their control.

You could say he got unlucky, but you can also say that there is enough empirical evidence to suggest that he was never as big a star as Austin, Rock, Cena, and Hogan. If HBK were as big a star as his diehards think, then his level of popularity would have risen equally with the rise in the product. In other words, Austin became the biggest star in the world, HBK should have been at least number 2. He wasn't though. As the company got bigger, guys passed HBK up because he simply doesn't have cross-media appeal. Notice how JR and HHH always say "best IN RING" performer. He's not the biggest draw. He's in the second tier, which is fine, that's a hell of an accomplishment.

This right here is just inarguably, factually false. What are you even talking about? When Austin became the biggest star in the world, Shawn Michaels was running a wrestling school in Texas. As the company grew, guys passed him because he was recovering from back surgery, finding god, getting married and starting a family. You're essentially arguing that Shawn Michaels wasn't a top draw because he didn't draw while he was retired and off TV. That's just silly.

To answer the OP, for the love of god, NO "ONE MORE MATCH"!!! He went out the way he should. If he absolutely must come back, it should be to put over CM Punk. And no, neither of them should be heel for that match.

it would be the rock at wm29 if he did but, i like what hbk said the night after his final match saying that it would be an insult to the undertaker because it was such a classic match yet again. thing with hbk to is that he was all about the performance. he had a losing record at wm but he is still called mr. wrestlemania because of the performances he displayed. i hope he doesnt come back but if he does, then hopefully its against the rock

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back