IC25's Fan Slam Experience - Part 2 of 2

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
I appreciate all of the great things people said about part 1, but to be honest, this second part is where I felt the most interesting stuff occured.

After skulking around getting autographs and chatting with "the talent" for some time, NorCal, Becky and I hit the merch room. We had missed getting to meet Awesome Kong and the TNA contingent due to lack of time, but I am told Kong is, in real life, the sweetest woman around. She also hit on Eric Stein, but that is another story for another day.

The merch room is where I met Jerry Jarrett. I wanted to come off like I knew something about him, and the result was 2 minutes of awkward pleasantries. Nice guy, though.

The merch room is also where NorCal met the future Mrs. NorCal in the (to quote Bon Jovi) "purfume, plastic, and paint" of Missy Hyatt. I thought she looked worn.

We also met a gentleman from Billy Graham's Organ Donor Organization. NorCal, Becky, and I all have signed donor cards, but we learned so much here. With Graham near death due to liver failure, a sadly deceased but gorgeous young woman's liver was transplanted to Billy some time ago, saving his life. While the girl had died in a tragic accident, her memory lives on in Billy Graham. Though their website is still being built, the link is http://sbgfoda.org/. Folks, the back of a drivers license will not hold up in court. Please, get a donor card and have it signed by 2 witnesses.

We leave the merch room and I have to take a leak. Damn water. Anyway, I go to the room adjacent from the main room where we are scheduled next, and hit the urinal. Now, I have a history of accidentally peeing next to famous people. A hockey commentator, a NY Radio DJ, a NJ State Senator. So I should not have been surprised with what happens next, but joining me in the rest room at the urinal next to mine...

Tomko. Oh boy. Just look forward, look forward, don'tmove your head a notch. No, no, don't speak to him while he's peeing.

After the merch room, we returned the main room, Staff passes in tow, for the Tomko shoot interview. Much to our shock, the shoot wasn't us watching anyone interview Tomko...WE were interviewing Tomko! AND I'D JUST PEED NEXT TO HIM!

No holds barred, on camera. Of course, with a room full of terrified fans looking at an angry looking professional with broken fingers, who started things off? Yeah...

Q- I know a lot of people ask you about the difference in the dynamics between WWE and TNA, but what did you notice change between US Wrestling and wrestling in Japan?
A- In the US, it's mainly a show - it's theatrics. In Japan, it's a fight. It's like a shoot, and even though it's predetermined, you have to go out there and actually hurt your opponent without crippling him to make it more realistic. Also, when an opponent is in a rest hold, the biggest pop you hear is when the opponent gets to the ropes, because that means that match goes on. That's what the fans love - that's what they came to see.

Q- What is your background prior to wrestling?
A- Bodyguard for a rock band (turned out to be Limp Bizkit). I held a black belt in Judo, and everywhere I went, people asked me "hey, are you a wrestler?" After a while I figured "well, maybe there's something to this." (Editors Note - long before wrestling, Tomko bodyguarded for several musicians and lived with Fred Durst for a short time.)

Q- Not long ago, the only competition pro wrestling had were other pro wrestling companies. Now, MMA is competing directly with WWE. What are your thoughts on MMA and the landscape as it affects wrestling?
A- Anyone who dismisses MMA is a fool. It's very real; it's the hot thing right now. I have a Judo Background, and I was recently offered a 3-fight deal to do MMA in Japan. You also look at a guy like Brock Lesnar and what he's doing - he fought a former World Champion in Frank Mir in only his 2nd fight, and was only a rookie mistake away from beating him. He's someone to reckon with. I've literally seen Brock pick up a referee by his belt buckle and sling him OVER the top rope without touching it using his LEFT HAND. People just don't realize how strong Brock is. I love TNA, but I'd consider MMA.

Q- How do you feel the wrestling landscape changed following the deaths of Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero?
A- (pause)...I really don't want to field questions about Chris right now, if it's alright with you. He was my best friend, and I just don't really want to talk about it. Obviously the business changed, for the better because it cleans it up for the young guys, but I just don't want to go into that right now. (at this time, feeling bad and having not known the two were so close, I apologized to Tomko if I'd brought up anything emotional. He gladly said "that's alright" and again said he'd just appreciate staying away, which everyone understood and respected. I was amazed to learn how close Tomko and Chris Benoit were, and it made me feel that much worse about Chris's death knowing how deeply it affected these wrestlers.)

Q- I know they say never say never, but would you ever go back to WWE?
A- Never say never. I didn't leave WWE on bad terms. I asked Vince McMahon for my release do I could go work in Japan, and he though about it for 2 months before he finally said "sure, go ahead." No doors closed, no bridges burned. But I really love it in TNA. It's so close to where I live in Florida, the travel is less, and I get to be more myself. What you see on TNA is me, turned up 4 notches, and that's the difference.

Q- Who do you think is being underused in the WWE by guys like HHH?
A- Let me be clear about this. HHH may very well be the greatest professional wrestling in history. He has so much charisma, and if you've never gone to a house show, you've never seen him go out to every show and wrestle for 40 minutes, drawing as a heel, trying to get his opponent over. Sure, he does get the lion's share of mic time, but the fact is he's a top guy because he's great, and he was great a long time ago.

Q- What is it like working with Vince Russo in TNA?
A- Honestly, and I know he gets a lot of heat, he's awesome to work with. Unlike with WWE creative where I got a verbatim script to follow, in TNA, Vince hands me a bullet point list of things to touch on, but let's me go at it my way. Like I said, me in TNA is just who I really am, turned up 4 notches, and that's why we're successful. We have fun because we get to be ourselves, but magnified. Also, you have to realize, Russo is far from the end-all be-all of decision making in TNA. But I love working with him. (This was a facinating part of the shoot. Tomko genuinely loves his TNA work, and it affirms the bad rap Russo gets that he may not deserve.

Q- Would you care to comment on your suspension from TNA?
A- (laughs derisively) I wasn't suspended. I know that's the "rumor" and what's been going around, but I was injured. I suffered an injury (I think he said his shoulder or his tibia) and went to Jeff Jarrett and asked if he'd take me off TV for a while so I could heel, and he did. But if you want to believe I was suspended, whatever.

Q- There were rumors about a factioning of the backstage between Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle. Any truth / care to comment?
A- Yeah, I don't know where that got started. Kurt is an athlete and a professional. The only time he asks for something to be changed if it is in the program HE is working. He'll respectfully go to Jeff and say "hey, something needs to change with my match," and I know because I was usually in his matches. Jeff Jarrett is a total professional.

This is maybe 75% of the shoot - we got some GREAT STUFF from Tomko. All of the answers above are paraphrased from my memory, and are NOT TO BE TAKEN VERBATIM IN ANY WAY! Also, Norcal and I did not ask all of these questions, but the question about Japan vs the US, the advent of MMA, and the Benoit question was me. I will let NorCal tell you about the question he asked and what he got from it. Tomko was shockingly soft-spoken, but very direct. He showed us a passion he has for wrestling in Japan, wrestling in TNA, and the possibility of doing MMA. He is married with a 12-year old daughter. He also has a very subtle humor. I gained a new respect for this guy today.

At this point, we all go for the rest room. Kevin Kelly comes out of the other room and asked me "Hey Chris, (yes, Kevin and I are on a first name basis now, though he, too, calls me IC25 now) how was the shoot?" I tell Kevin about it, and he heads in for "The John Cena Sr. Show." After careful deliberation, we decide to skip the Cena Sr. show and go downstairs to the restaurant for a bite to eat.

This was mine and Becky's time to get to know NorCal. Great time. He's a true straightedge - no alcohol. Thankfully he was OK with me having a beer. We talked politics, we talked about the military, we talked about wrestling. We talked about all of you. Yes, I said WE TALKED ABOUT ALL OF YOU! Nice stuff, though.

After watching NorCal inhale a platter of fried calamari like he was going to the chair, we went upstairs and sat down as Cena Sr. was getting ready to leave. No joke - he went around to every single fan in the room, and with a huge smile on his face, thanked EVERYONE for being there, enjoying the show, and being a fan. He came up to us, thanked us, and shot the shit. REALLY NICE GUY. He was so friendy, none of us had the heart to tell him we hadn't stayed for the show. I wish we had.

Bill DeMott and Al Snow enter the room for the FINAL EVENT - the Developmental Debate. Just like the Tomko shoot, where we asked the questions. Al and Bill were ANYTHING but soft spoken. They were direct, honest, and pulled no punches.

(the Q&A got lost, and I forget the questions asked. Instead, I will just mention what they said about certain topics.)

Q- What percentage of developmental should be the physical end, and what percentage the business and charisma side?
A- Physical is largely the responsibility of the athlete. They have to prove that they want to be there and the best way to do it is to show up in good condition. A guy could tell us "I want to be here, I want to be here" but when they show up out of shape, it tells us how hard they're willing to work to be there. Our job isn't to teach guys how to wrestle, our job is to teach guys how to work, and that's where all of you (the fans) get confused, because you just don't get it. The object of professional wrestling isn't to wrestle a 5-star match, it's to draw a crowd and draw money. At Wrestlemania 3, which was the best match? No, not Savage vs Steamboat, because nobody showed up and sold out the Pontiac Silverdome for Savage vs Steamboat. It was Hogan vs Andre. That match DREW the crowd. No matter what you say about it, that match DREW the crowd. The other object is to get the fans to "pop." And a lot of you don't know what a pop means either. A pop means we have to make you orgasm in your pants. The "pop" is what we work towards, and the rest is all bullshit. Each match gets only one real pop, and each event gets only one real pop. The idea for the mid-carders is to get the crowd worked up for the main event. We're all a team, and in order for US to be successful, every other guy has to go out and be successful. If one guy fucks it up for all of us, we're ALL out of a job.

Regarding what's hurting the business:

Al- I'll tell you exactly what it is. It's a new guy coming in, being trained by us to draw money and work a logical match, and then getting yelled at by management for what they do wrong, then being yelled at by management to listen to what we teach them. They get mixed signals, and they get frustrated, so instead of trying to draw money, they start caring what you (the internet fans) think about them. They read about what a shit match they put on and how they can't wrestle, so they start trying to pu on that 5-star match that makes no sense. They're happy because they read on the net "hey, that match was a 5-star match" but in the meantime instead of drawing 10,000 people at a 30,000 seat venue, they are drawing 5,000, or even 2,000. Because they stopped trying to draw and make money, and started trying to wrestle a 5-star match.

Regarding Vince McMahon "holding people back-"

A: This is such bullshit. That makes no sense. Why the hell would Vince want to "hold people back." If a guy can draw, then he gets to draw! What, do you think Vince got sick of making money? That's what he cares about! Why would Vince want to hold someone back from drawing and making money of they are capable!?

Q: What is your reaction to only 2 successes out of Tough Enough. (we watch as Al and Bill's blood starts to boil at the fan who asked this one.)
A: A HELL of a lot more than 2 people were successful. Look at Maven. He was a Survivor Series main eventer and had a feud with the Undertaker before he let his personal demons get in the way. Look at Linda Myles. She had a big push coming her way, but she decided she didn't like the business! Jackie Gayda would up with TNA and married Charlie Haas. Marty Wright was cut from Tough Enough 3, but stayed with it and came back as the Boogie Man. Melina was cut before Tough Enough 2 even started! (he mentioned several others as well).

All I can say is that if SlyFox had been at the debate, he'd have a fist full of "told you so's" for everyone. They echoed what he's been saying for over a year.

That's what I recall from the Fan Slam Experience. I hope all of you enjoyed what we discovered. Pics are likely to be posted by NorCal on Wednesday (all 8 or 9 of them) and I anxiously await his addition to the written accounts.

Overall, there is nobody I wasn't thrilled with. From Chris Cash to Kevin Kelly, Nick Dinsmore to Nick of 1000 Names, Tomko to Snow and everyone in between, this was a great group of guys and they made those 6 hours on a Saturday WELL worth it.

Did You talk about me? And if so what?

Did Cena sr. talk about john a bit?

Did Al bring head? I know I aksed about axl, But head was really apart of al's gimmic for a long ass time.

What Nick dunsmore really like and did he still look like old eugene? Shitty hair and whatnot?

Were there any wrestlers that were penciled in to show up but didnt show?

Did You talk about me? And if so what?
Did Cena sr. talk about john a bit?
Did Al bring head? I know I aksed about axl, But head was really apart of al's gimmic for a long ass time.
What Nick dunsmore really like and did he still look like old eugene? Shitty hair and whatnot?
Were there any wrestlers that were penciled in to show up but didnt show?

1. No, phatso, I didn't talk about you per se. Sorry - we will make sure you are on the agenda next time. :)

2. I didn't get to talk to John Cena Sr., and I am upset about it, because he was such a nice guy I would have loved to chat with him a bit more. He knows his place, and he's not arrogant in the least.

3. Al Snow did bring head - I have a photo of him with Becky and head. I joked with Al that I was going to take her home that night and "use his catch phrase." Al got a laugh outta that...Becky hit me...:)

4. Nick was in character. Outfit, hair, goofy smile. But he put the kayfabe away when we talked to him because when I introduced myself, I called him Nick Dinsmore. Very nice guy.

5. EVERYBODY showed up. JJ Dillon's plane was late, but everyone was there as scheduled and many either showed up early or stayed late to talk to the fans.

My first question is the same as Phatso's lol. Mention Becca?

Once again truely brilliantly written, it's like I was there to be honest. And seriously, you peed next to Tomko. That has to be the best thing I have EVER heard. Seriously. And then you interviews him, I have no idea why but I think I'd just be laughing lol.

Is it weird meeting people you've only spoke to on here before? Doesn't seem it actually, you and NorCal seem to have hit it off.

And you got to meet Al Snow - you are so lucky.

My first question is the same as Phatso's lol. Mention Becca?

Once again truely brilliantly written, it's like I was there to be honest. And seriously, you peed next to Tomko. That has to be the best thing I have EVER heard. Seriously. And then you interviews him, I have no idea why but I think I'd just be laughing lol.

Is it weird meeting people you've only spoke to on here before? Doesn't seem it actually, you and NorCal seem to have hit it off.

And you got to meet Al Snow - you are so lucky.

1. Your name came up.

2. Thanks for the kind words. I am sure I missed a bunch of details, but I was also so enthralled by the whole thing and how honest the wrestlers were that I could just spill what I remembered onto paper.

3. I was thanking God that I didn't accidentally say "nice dick" to Tomko and then have to go interview him.

4. NorCal is such a chill guy. I was never concerned. We'd discussed doing the fan slam together for weeks, so when it got there it was just cool that both of us stayed focused on it enough to pull it off. I think I interviewed him as well - really interesting guy!

1. Your name came up.

Come on, you can't only say that! What was said? :)

2. Thanks for the kind words. I am sure I missed a bunch of details, but I was also so enthralled by the whole thing and how honest the wrestlers were that I could just spill what I remembered onto paper.

I can imagine. As I said, felt like I was there with you! Seems like an awesome day though. They should totally have one in England.

3. I was thanking God that I didn't accidentally say "nice dick" to Tomko and then have to go interview him.

I LOL'd at this. Oh gosh, I can imagine that now..

4. NorCal is such a chill guy. I was never concerned. We'd discussed doing the fan slam together for weeks, so when it got there it was just cool that both of us stayed focused on it enough to pull it off. I think I interviewed him as well - really interesting guy!

Haha. Bless you both.

Come on, you can't only say that! What was said? :)

I can imagine. As I said, felt like I was there with you! Seems like an awesome day though. They should totally have one in England.

I LOL'd at this. Oh gosh, I can imagine that now..

Haha. Bless you both.

1. I dont even remember. LOL

2. And we would go to that one too :)

3. IC comes back in and says "you will NEVER guess what just happened"

4. A lot of people said that :)

1. I dont even remember. LOL

Becca thinks you should remember..now :).

2. And we would go to that one too :)

Irish and NorCal in England..interesting thought. But that one would be mine all mine. Mwahaha. Yano, as well as Jake, Jonny, Luther etc etc..Haha.

3. IC comes back in and says "you will NEVER guess what just happened"

I'd have laughed so hard if someone had said that to me lol. You didn't call each other IC and NorCal did you..? :disappointed:

4. A lot of people said that :)

Bless.

1. OH I think when he was talking about me being the "second newest mod". And obviously your NAME came up a bunch of times, cuz IC's wife is rebecca LOL. I think something about you enjoying the pics was said as well. IC might remember a lot better thn me. I smoke crack ya kno...

2. That would be the shit. Although I liked going to some lil town in jersey I had never been. Im all about adventure

3. I think he DID call me NorCal a few times. I dont think I said his name one time. It was jus a lot of "yea bro" stuff like that. Thats how he mostly referred to me too.

1. OH I think when he was talking about me being the "second newest mod".

Makes sense lol.

And obviously your NAME came up a bunch of times, cuz IC's wife is rebecca LOL.

My name. :glare:

I think something about you enjoying the pics was said as well. IC might remember a lot better thn me. I smoke crack ya kno...

:lmao:. And yes, I'm sure Becca will totally enjoy these pictures. Speaking of pictures, they should be posted round about now. :)

2. That would be the shit. Although I liked going to some lil town in jersey I had never been. Im all about adventure

LOL. Small town in Jersey = England. I can see how that would work out yeah.

3. I think he DID call me NorCal a few times. I dont think I said his name one time. It was jus a lot of "yea bro" stuff like that. Thats how he mostly referred to me too.

I'd have laughed lol. Do people in real life actually call you NorCal? :lmao:
I never say peoples names, always babe, or hun lol.

2. Hey now. If I come home and have a cute lil Email in my inbox, then ill get to work on my column. I may even leak one or two of em tonight if im feeling kind

3. Nah, most people from real life call me "Big O", but people who meet me for the first time with my tats out cal me NorCal sometimes. Very rarely my actual name. Only girls call me my real name LOL

2. Hey now. If I come home and have a cute lil Email in my inbox, then ill get to work on my column. I may even leak one or two of em tonight if im feeling kind

I think you should feel kind. Seeings as tomorrow I'll be bored in Stoke, and Thursday is my prom. I need something to get me through how bored I'll be.

3. Nah, most people from real life call me "Big O", but people who meet me for the first time with my tats out cal me NorCal sometimes. Very rarely my actual name. Only girls call me my real name LOL

I know way too many people with your name lol. I would call you it, although I have no idea if you want people to know it, and I'm nice enough to be considerate like that. Because not all of them stalked you all over myspace. Not that I did that or anything.

Random Note:
I want a WZ Fan Slam. It really does seem like it was so much fun. And imagine if I went to it and Shawn Michaels was there. My life would officially be complete lol.

I think you should feel kind. Seeings as tomorrow I'll be bored in Stoke, and Thursday is my prom. I need something to get me through how bored I'll be.

I know way too many people with your name lol. I would call you it, although I have no idea if you want people to know it, and I'm nice enough to be considerate like that. Because not all of them stalked you all over myspace. Not that I did that or anything.

Random Note:
I want a WZ Fan Slam. It really does seem like it was so much fun. And imagine if I went to it and Shawn Michaels was there. My life would officially be complete lol.

1. *points to IC* (again)

2. Yea thankyous. NorCal works fine here, and people I meet anew usually call me that, just cuz of my work. And you should want a fan slam. Its badassness

I do. But mainly for Shawn. Because I get hyper only when he's on TV, so God knows what I'd do if I actually met him. Well, prison comes to mind.
But yeah, it'd just be interesting to see what they're like in person. The kayfabe you see on TV is a lot different from the reality you could see in person I'm sure.

Sounds like both you guys had a rather fun time. THink a lot of wrestlers come across as if they would be loud and brash in real life (Scott Taylor mentioned). Tomko, I'd have always put as being a quiet guy, because he comes across that way.
That being said, I think it'd be weird and a little nerve wrecking to meet someone in the flesh who you've only spoken to online. Given I've stood up a blind date beforehand, I think I'd be terrified to meet someone off here

Sounds like both you guys had a rather fun time. THink a lot of wrestlers come across as if they would be loud and brash in real life (Scott Taylor mentioned). Tomko, I'd have always put as being a quiet guy, because he comes across that way.
That being said, I think it'd be weird and a little nerve wrecking to meet someone in the flesh who you've only spoken to online. Given I've stood up a blind date beforehand, I think I'd be terrified to meet someone off here

Depends who. I sorta figured NorCal as a chill guy, and since he posts intelligent stuff and knows his shit, I never thought twice about it. Same would go for you if I get out to Northern Ireland, Polley.

What would you think of me? And could you get a list of who all was there like wrestler/people wise? And what did you say about will. And how long is tomkos beard? Idn why but I wanna grow one like his, it seems so fucking manly.

What would you think of me? And could you get a list of who all was there like wrestler/people wise? And what did you say about will. And how long is tomkos beard? Idn why but I wanna grow one like his, it seems so fucking manly.

Geez brutha, time to up your dosage.

What WOULD I think of you? What, if I met you? I'd think you're a little excitable. Passionate. I'd expect you to be pretty young.

The list of people there is EXACTLY what the guys at the main site posted. Just search for "Fan Slam Totowa NJ" and you can hit the main site. EVERYONE scheduled, showed, to my knowledge.

We discussed how Will is, when push comes to shove, ALWAYS there with advice, and is a big reason both NorCal and I became mods.

Tomko's beard is as long as it looks on TV.

Unless you're as big as Tomko and as scary as Tomko, don't grow a beard like Tomko.

Good read. I'm a little disapointed with the lack of forewarning about this event. Maybe I simply missed the advertisements, but it seemed to pop up rather quickly. It seems to be a pretty cool event, but I'm not sure If I would make the roadie from Cincinnati to Jersey to see it.

Again, very good article, it sounds like you two had a blast with it. How was the Eric Stein Cena Rant? Oh and of course, I was the center of the conversation guys, so back off.

Good read. I'm a little disapointed with the lack of forewarning about this event. Maybe I simply missed the advertisements, but it seemed to pop up rather quickly. It seems to be a pretty cool event, but I'm not sure If I would make the roadie from Cincinnati to Jersey to see it.

Again, very good article, it sounds like you two had a blast with it. How was the Eric Stein Cena Rant? Oh and of course, I was the center of the conversation guys, so back off.

Always great things to say about you, Shockey. Honestly, when NorCal and I talked about you guys, it was all positive stuff. Neither one of us would bash anyone - we talked about how much we enjoy working with you all. Shockey, we did coin the term "Godfather of Bracketology" for you.

Stein's "rant" on Cena wasn't much of a "rant." It was a very matter of fact discussion. More of a calm shoot.

If you really want a new level of respect for Eric Stein, you should have heard what he said to Becky and I off the air about Stephanie McMahon. THAT is where he went to TOWN! I totally forgot to include that in my synopsis.

Depends who. I sorta figured NorCal as a chill guy, and since he posts intelligent stuff and knows his shit, I never thought twice about it. Same would go for you if I get out to Northern Ireland, Polley.

well I'll try not to stand you up if you ever have the trip over. Don't see a Fanzone in NI though. we only just got WWE over the last few years. Although given my mystery status, I couldn't be found on doors. So what did stein say about stephanie?

That as cool as Shane McMahon is, Steph is the poral opposite. Full of herself, a total bitch. He told me that, as a member of the writing team, he started on a "trial" basis - sort of like a probationary internship. Then, at the end of that period, he wrote an eval of what he felt about the job, and WWE evaluated him. If there was a matc, he could stay on. WELL, in his eval, Stein basically told Steph to "fuck off." Thusly, they had a "mutual parting of ways."

Eric felt Steph wanted him to be her "yes-man protege" because they were both BC grads.

Geez brutha, time to up your dosage.

What WOULD I think of you? What, if I met you? I'd think you're a little excitable. Passionate. I'd expect you to be pretty young.

The list of people there is EXACTLY what the guys at the main site posted. Just search for "Fan Slam Totowa NJ" and you can hit the main site. EVERYONE scheduled, showed, to my knowledge.

We discussed how Will is, when push comes to shove, ALWAYS there with advice, and is a big reason both NorCal and I became mods.

Tomko's beard is as long as it looks on TV.

Unless you're as big as Tomko and as scary as Tomko, don't grow a beard like Tomko.

Haha dude i'm 16, And from the pics I Saw of you a nor cal I was right you look like a prety cool dude and your wife is nice looking to. Nor cal is just norcal I'm stick awway from that subject because he looks like he could kill me with 3 fingers. And will is really allways there with advice and is sometimes underestimate just because he posts a shit ton.

If tomko is like 6'4 6'5 ish and like 260 pounds i'm as big as him, And if i can lose a bit of the chunky baby face and grow some damn mustle I might be able to be as scary as him.

And was There a hint to when the next one is going to be or ware at? Because if its like fallish and I get my license back I could get some cash and go because i'm just in ohio.

I'd be more inclined to go to an event like this if it was, y'know, in England. But in all honesty with 3 months warning I might have possibly made the trip. I have nothing better to do with my time. So long as there was some wrestling or sport in general that I could watch in the remaining days I was there I'd be fine.

Expect pictures of the English WZ fan Slam pic this December. It'll be me and the top of Becca & Colamanias head. And one of me embracing Luther like I've just come back from Auschwitz.

Sorry I've been slack on posting lately... not enough hours in the day, it seems.

I had a great time at FanSlam and it was a pleasure to meet IC and NorCal. Mrs. IC was a hot dish too (Nicely done, my friend). It was great catching up with old friends from the business and meeting so many fans throughout the day. One thing that separated this signing show from any other was the events. I hosted Pro Wrestling Jeopardy and that was a blast. Channelling my inner "Trebek" was the most fun I've had in a long time.

Here's a funny story from the day... In the vendor room, I ran into Balls Mahoney, who I've worked with a dozen times at indy shows. He said "Hey Mike" as we shook hands. No big deal... everyone gets a name wrong, especially when you are saying hello to hundreds in a day. But then, Balls introduces me to his friend and says...

"Hey, this is my good friend Mike Tenay."

Yes, Balls Mahoney thought I was Mike Tenay.

My two buddies I brought with me heard it too and the ribbing hasn't stopped since. At least he didn't confuse me with Mike Adamle.

Life is good for me right now. I am content with my family, my job and my place in the wrestling industry. Fans respect and appreciate what I did and that makes me feel good. I didn't change the world in wrestling but I was always "myself" and loved what I did. FanSlam helped me see that.

Mike Tenay? Really? In the word of Ron Simmons...

DAMN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back